8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

overtherainbow wrote:is it normal to wear bowling shows without socks? it seems too disgusting but I never went bowling so I idk if it's a common thing to do.
No you're supposed to wear socks with them, because hundreds of other people have used them. Unless they have their own.
Rubys hygeine (or lack there of) is disgusting. I'm not even surprised by her anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Sure Russell, go ahead and bowl without shoes on. Never mind about potentially slipping over or dropping a humongous bowling ball on your foot.

Is Ruby insane?!? Poor Russell.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
overtherainbow wrote:is it normal to wear bowling shows without socks? it seems too disgusting but I never went bowling so I idk if it's a common thing to do.
No you're supposed to wear socks with them, because hundreds of other people have used them. Unless they have their own.
Rubys hygeine (or lack there of) is disgusting. I'm not even surprised by her anymore

Yeah, that is just gross. Against the rules too, but we know how they feel about rules.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HOLY SHIT THAT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING TROLL POST YET.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

actuallydear wrote:HOLY SHIT THAT IS THE MOST DISGUSTING TROLL POST YET.
You said it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Especially on Ruby's thread!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by schnapperin »

So buying the kids new lunchbags and backpacks each year - is that normal to do in the US? Why not using the ones from last year?

Same with those many mechanical pencil's - why not getting one pack for all and then some refills? :roll:
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Ditto. I had to use my backpack for like 3-4 years

schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by schnapperin »

calliepaige84 wrote:Ditto. I had to use my backpack for like 3-4 years Image

think I might got three different backpacks over those 13 years in school :-o :D
And backpacks in Shari's age are def out over here - its all about shopper bags
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by overtherainbow »

schnapperin wrote:So buying the kids new lunchbags and backpacks each year - is that normal to do in the US? Why not using the ones from last year?

Same with those many mechanical pencil's - why not getting one pack for all and then some refills? :roll:
mechanicals pencil's gets lost so you can't refill them
+ Kids enjoy having new items so it's kind of okay, especially since they didn't buy very expensive brands.
i'm honestly grateful that my parents bought me new backpacks every year because it still fills me with joy to remember all of those trips and the excitement and joy I felt for months afterward. and at the end my old backpacks were still useable so I would simply donate them to another kid in need.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

overtherainbow wrote:
schnapperin wrote:So buying the kids new lunchbags and backpacks each year - is that normal to do in the US? Why not using the ones from last year?

mechanicals pencil's gets lost so you can't refill them
+ Kids enjoy having new items so it's kind of okay, especially since they didn't buy very expensive brands.
i'm honestly grateful that my parents bought me new backpacks every year because it still fills me with joy to remember all of those trips and the excitement and joy I felt for months afterward. and at the end my old backpacks were still useable so I would simply donate them to another kid in need.
Also, the kind they got don't have replaceable erasers. That is usually the first to go on my kids' pencils.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

It's definitely not normal and it doesn't fit in with Ruby's frugal, minimalist vibe she used to portray (because that wasn't "cool" to her kid audience)...but like I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty sure this trip was just a free for all for the purpose of making an entertaining video. They'll make way more money off the video than whatever she spent on useless school supplies so splurging now pays off in the long run...a good business move I suppose. Plus she gets to look like the cool mom who lets her kids get whatever they want and shop on their own...minions eat that stuff up. Things are not always as they seem in vlogging world.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I personally got a new backpack and lunch box every year because I wore them out to the point where they looked disgusting or just couldn't be used anymore. The majority of my classmates did too. I would say yes it is normal at least where I grew up. I kind of liked that they were allowed to get new backpacks, I didn't expect that of Ruby. It allows them to express themselves too because their style preference has probably changed in the past year. I loved Julie's backpack!
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

I got a new backpack every single year. That was normal for me (in Canada). I went home for lunch and when I was in high school, used a grocery bag for my lunch lol. It was nice to see her let the kids get what they want, although here the supply list runs about $100 a kid. We have to supply all the markers, pencil crayons, scissors, duotangs, notebooks (more than 1!). Maybe it's different for their school system. Just felt like her kids hardly had anything they will actually need.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Came here to post about the no sock thing... *gag* And, how she had the shoes in her arms basically touching her face. It's extra irritating because, the kids were more than capable of taking their own shoes.. she just did it for the vlog footage to make it seem like she's supermom. But in reality, she just looked like a nasty fool.

Also.... what was the point of the ingrown hair footage other than to embarrass Abby. It would be one thing if she wanted to film the actual extraction (still not okay...obviously), but she should have enough common sense to cut the clip out completely when Abby wouldn't let her touch it. So pointless. Poor Abby.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Ew no socks with bowling shoes. Enjoy your athletes foot, Ruby.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

My local bowling alley requires you to have socks on so I find that disgusting.

Ambrosia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ambrosia »

Is Russel in kindergarten or first grade this year? It's crazy how relaxed Ruby has become, she used to be such a cheapskate but now she's letting the kids pick out new things?! YT money must be pretty nice.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Ambrosia wrote:Is Russel in kindergarten or first grade this year? It's crazy how relaxed Ruby has become, she used to be such a cheapskate but now she's letting the kids pick out new things?! YT money must be pretty nice.
Kindergarten. Thankfully, because 1st grade would be far too advanced for him thanks to Ruby's piss poor "homeschooling" last year.
overtherainbow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by overtherainbow »

Caisflame wrote:
Ambrosia wrote:Is Russel in kindergarten or first grade this year? It's crazy how relaxed Ruby has become, she used to be such a cheapskate but now she's letting the kids pick out new things?! YT money must be pretty nice.
Kindergarten. Thankfully, because 1st grade would be far too advanced for him thanks to Ruby's piss poor "homeschooling" last year.
by how many years is he gonna be older by his classmates?
it's scary to think that he has to stay with kids younger than him just because ruby is stupid. I hope a doctor advised her to keep him back and it wasn't just her doing.

Return to “8 Passengers”