Living Rosa | Part 1

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Livingrosa

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Kinda makes sense to me- one parent feels a genetic connection, the other a biological (pregnancy) connection.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

prettyll wrote:
webbygurl626 wrote:Ok I'm new to this thread and I've been watching on and off but is there a vlog where they explain why all the kids are biologically Tara's and not mandis and don't get me wrong I'm not judging or saying it's wrong or anything but why not have them look like mandi too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because Tara is a control freak.

Thanks I've been noticing that, she seems to have a permanent bad attitude too!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Have they ever talked about Tara getting pregnant or why it was decided that Mandi would carry their children? I'm also new to them.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I think the idea of having them be biologically Tara's but having Mandi carry them is pretty cool. I think the point is to have them both have this strong connection with the babies? As in they look like Tara but Mandi gives birth to them so they sort of have a biological piece of each of their moms. I'm pretty sure that's what they've said. But part of it might just be Tara being controlling. I'm also pretty sure Tara's said she never wants to be pregnant, she's just not comfortable with it or something like that, so they're planning to have Mandi carry all their children. Which she seems happy to do.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

CallieT wrote:I think the idea of having them be biologically Tara's but having Mandi carry them is pretty cool. I think the point is to have them both have this strong connection with the babies? As in they look like Tara but Mandi gives birth to them so they sort of have a biological piece of each of their moms. I'm pretty sure that's what they've said. But part of it might just be Tara being controlling. I'm also pretty sure Tara's said she never wants to be pregnant, she's just not comfortable with it or something like that, so they're planning to have Mandi carry all their children. Which she seems happy to do.
I can respect that. Pregnancy is scary and I don't blame anyone for not wanting to go through it. Thanks for the explanation.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

starts at 13:21

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

and here too. 11:07
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I just lurk here I've never heard of them but thats actually really really sweet. Do they just get an anonymous sperm donor though or is it someone they know?
jenny28
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jenny28 »

blackroses wrote:I just lurk here I've never heard of them but thats actually really really sweet. Do they just get an anonymous sperm donor though or is it someone they know?
I'm pretty sure it's anonymous, but all of the kids will be from the same donor

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
jenny28
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jenny28 »

Is anyone else super impressed with Lennon's speech and vocabulary? I think Tara and Mandi are really good at teaching her. I know everyone likes to talk about their relationship but they really do seem like good parents. I hope adding 2 more kids won't throw that off......

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

jenny28 wrote:Is anyone else super impressed with Lennon's speech and vocabulary? I think Tara and Mandi are really good at teaching her. I know everyone likes to talk about their relationship but they really do seem like good parents. I hope adding 2 more kids won't throw that off...... Image

I agree, I was thinking she's pretty smart for her age. I didn't realize she's not even 2 yet until I found her birth vlog.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

CallieT wrote:I think the idea of having them be biologically Tara's but having Mandi carry them is pretty cool. I think the point is to have them both have this strong connection with the babies? As in they look like Tara but Mandi gives birth to them so they sort of have a biological piece of each of their moms. I'm pretty sure that's what they've said. But part of it might just be Tara being controlling. I'm also pretty sure Tara's said she never wants to be pregnant, she's just not comfortable with it or something like that, so they're planning to have Mandi carry all their children. Which she seems happy to do.
I guess I wonder how Mandi feels just because Tara seems so controlling that I wouldn't put it past her to say 'i want to do it this way' and for Mandi to just be like 'ok'. If it was anyone else I'd just think it was a great idea, and I still do - it's very sweet and if I had ended up with a woman I think I'd have done it that way.

Personally though, I think I'd be a little annoyed that ALL of the bio kids were my partner's. Because they don't want to be pregnant I never get to have a biological child? That seems majorly unfair to me. I know biology doesn't make a family but in my experience (as a bi woman) at times when you think of having a family, you wonder if you'll GET to have bio kids - what's a right for straight couples is a privilege for you. If my partner got to have that I think I'd want it too.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

So they give the babies formula at because their to lazy to warm up the breast milk. I would understand if Mandy wasn't producing enough breast milk, but this is just ridiculous. Also Mandy said it herself she's dying to get out of the house and go to target or something. I don't know if she's able to drive yet, but Aunt Jackie could take her and Tara could stay home with the kids. The way Mandy said it made it sound like that wasn't even an option.

prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

prettyll wrote:So they give the babies formula at because their to lazy to warm up the breast milk. I would understand if Mandy wasn't producing enough breast milk, but this is just ridiculous. Also Mandy said it herself she's dying to get out of the house and go to target or something. I don't know if she's able to drive yet, but Aunt Jackie could take her and Tara could stay home with the kids. The way Mandy said it made it sound like that wasn't even an option.

At night they give the babies formula.

Gaydur
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gaydur »

You could tell Lennon is very overprotected when Tara wouldnt let her walk up three steps on her own. She should be able to walk up and down those steps no problem.
And why was the vlog titled exclusively pumping when they are giving them formula at night? Nothing against formula but dont say youre exclusively pumping when youre not!

Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

jenny28 wrote:Is anyone else super impressed with Lennon's speech and vocabulary? I think Tara and Mandi are really good at teaching her. I know everyone likes to talk about their relationship but they really do seem like good parents. I hope adding 2 more kids won't throw that off...... Image

Their relationship is weird and whatever, but they are very good parents imo. Well for Lennon they have been anyway. Now that they aren't 'new' parents, this could get interesting in terms of parenting differences.

Also, was it me or did Mandi sound very odd/flustered when explaining the feeding thing :?
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

I'm not going to say they are bad parents, but they can be overbearing. Lennon is given a bag with her fav character book (as a gift), and is expected to recite who it's from (it wasn't obvious) and say thank you with a hug before enjoying it. They aren't very aware of a typical toddler behavior. Let the girl breathe a little.
ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

luci417 wrote:
I guess I wonder how Mandi feels just because Tara seems so controlling that I wouldn't put it past her to say 'i want to do it this way' and for Mandi to just be like 'ok'. If it was anyone else I'd just think it was a great idea, and I still do - it's very sweet and if I had ended up with a woman I think I'd have done it that way.

Personally though, I think I'd be a little annoyed that ALL of the bio kids were my partner's. Because they don't want to be pregnant I never get to have a biological child? That seems majorly unfair to me. I know biology doesn't make a family but in my experience (as a bi woman) at times when you think of having a family, you wonder if you'll GET to have bio kids - what's a right for straight couples is a privilege for you. If my partner got to have that I think I'd want it too.
Yeah like I get the appeal of reciprocal IVF, and I get that Tara doesn't like the idea of being pregnant. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. It's just weird that they are planning on having four kids and they will all be Tara's biologically. It makes me wonder if Mandi actually wants Baby #4 to be conceived from her own egg but she's afraid to bring it up to Tara. Idk I get why Lennon and even the twins were conceived with Tara's egg, but since Mandi is going to be pregnant anyways, why not just use her egg? It's easier and cheaper too.

And like, I'm saying this as a lesbian who is 100% fine with my (future hypothetical) children not being biologically related to me. But watching Tara and Mandi's dynamic, it makes me wonder how much say Mandi actually has.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Mandi said today she was dying to get out of the house but the babies are too little...I still don't see why she couldn't go out to target with a friend to drive while Tara stays with the babies.
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

CallieT wrote:Mandi said today she was dying to get out of the house but the babies are too little...I still don't see why she couldn't go out to target with a friend to drive while Tara stays with the babies.
I know and the way she said it made it sound like that's not even an option.

Return to “I-P”