E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by angelfire89 »

larissaledingham wrote:This is the same person that thinks your ment to take ovulation tests with the first morning urine. All this ovulation stuff will be really messing with her head

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Wait.... are you not? I just assumed they were like pregnancy tests.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

SweetDreams wrote:"I did have a period on June 30th and I've been tracking ever since ovulation and today, so 4 weeks later, I did get a positive ovulation. And it's funny because I wasn't going to test today cuz I had like 2 testers left and I was like it's too late by now I'm just not even going to worry about it. And I peed in the morning like I usually do and I just didn't test. And then after my bath I just kept thinking, cuz yesterday I was really crampy and I was like oh, well maybe I'll start, that would be cool, to like start 4 weeks later when it's usually like 8 weeks or 10 weeks or whatever later. So I did test and I did get a positive ovulation."

I'm sorry. I feel mean for typing that out and laughing at it. I did not understand wth she was saying with the 8 or 10 weeks thing. She literally refuses to educate herself about how her body works. I.just.can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lolll. You a real one for that quote. Image

I think I've become pretty proficient at translating Ellie, and I think by the 8 or 10 weeks thing, she was referring to her periods normally coming every 8-10 weeks instead of once a month. Basically, she was saying it would be "cool" if she was regular this month. Better than "so fun" though, eh?
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

angelfire89 wrote:
larissaledingham wrote:This is the same person that thinks your ment to take ovulation tests with the first morning urine. All this ovulation stuff will be really messing with her head

Wait.... are you not? I just assumed they were like pregnancy tests.
We are currently ttc and all my ovulation tests day your ment to do it later in the day - it says its optimal around 2pm but your ment to do it the same time every day (which i doubt ellie is anyway)

pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

Cgl33 wrote:Can someone post a pic of the comment on Shane's video? I can't find it.
i would but i have no idea how :D
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

pplove85 wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:Can someone post a pic of the comment on Shane's video? I can't find it.
I thought it was on Twitter

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
SweetDreams wrote:"I did have a period on June 30th and I've been tracking ever since ovulation and today, so 4 weeks later, I did get a positive ovulation. And it's funny because I wasn't going to test today cuz I had like 2 testers left and I was like it's too late by now I'm just not even going to worry about it. And I peed in the morning like I usually do and I just didn't test. And then after my bath I just kept thinking, cuz yesterday I was really crampy and I was like oh, well maybe I'll start, that would be cool, to like start 4 weeks later when it's usually like 8 weeks or 10 weeks or whatever later. So I did test and I did get a positive ovulation."

I'm sorry. I feel mean for typing that out and laughing at it. I did not understand wth she was saying with the 8 or 10 weeks thing. She literally refuses to educate herself about how her body works. I.just.can't.

Lolll. You a real one for that quote. Image

I think I've become pretty proficient at translating Ellie, and I think by the 8 or 10 weeks thing, she was referring to her periods normally coming every 8-10 weeks instead of once a month. Basically, she was saying it would be "cool" if she was regular this month. Better than "so fun" though, eh?
I think her periods are irregular, but I don't think they are that long usually. Maybe she expected it to be longer because she was post m/c, but the "too late" comment leads me to believe she thought it was too late in the cycle and that she had missed that window.... meaning she once again expected her cycle to be a predictable length. I feel like they share the wrong details and somehow manage to overshare but still leave us having no clue about what is going on.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Yikes! Jared has a problem on his hands! They lost 300 subs yesterday with the resurgence of the TTC talk. He's risking alienating the adult audience he has left. People have noticed that Ellie isn't being consistent in what she says and seems obsessive according to the comments.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... e9effe.png[/img]
pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

onbreak wrote:
pplove85 wrote:
I thought it was on Twitter

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
the comment i saw was on youtube
jillvstheworld
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jillvstheworld »

I figured out the "easter egg." If you hover over their pictures in their bios, it links you to each of their favorite videos. Except they all link to an Ellie and Jared "trailer." *eye roll*
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]That's not their floor plan at all and not the same building company.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Got it. In the 3D tour it just looked so similar, but I wasn't watching during their housebuild, so I wasn't sure who their builders were.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Hopefully not TMI, but we've always used Natural Family Planning, daily checks for CM every time I go to the bathroom, before bed, charting consistency/color/stretchiness. I've been doing this for nearly 10 years (started 2 years before we got married just so I knew what I was doing and could confidently assess where I was in my cycle before the "family planning" part came in to play).

It is such a great method for understanding YOUR fertility and overall health. It's a great educational tool for female fertility and I think Ellie would greatly benefit from something like that. She needs SOME form of education. I know when I ovulate every single month. It's not clockwork, but your body does give it's own signs for fertility (that aren't related to smelly farts and growing noses) that are easy to identify and accurate.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Edenberry wrote:Hopefully not TMI, but we've always used Natural Family Planning, daily checks for CM every time I go to the bathroom, before bed, charting consistency/color/stretchiness. I've been doing this for nearly 10 years (started 2 years before we got married just so I knew what I was doing and could confidently assess where I was in my cycle before the "family planning" part came in to play).

It is such a great method for understanding YOUR fertility and overall health. It's a great educational tool for female fertility and I think Ellie would greatly benefit from something like that. She needs SOME form of education. I know when I ovulate every single month. It's not clockwork, but your body does give it's own signs for fertility (that aren't related to smelly farts and growing noses) that are easy to identify and accurate.
Exactly! I'm at the point now when I can pretty much tell when I'm going to ovulate and when I've ovulated without temping. It's one of the best things I've ever done to learn my body and I wish I had done it before I was ready to start trying for a baby.
PookPook0307
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PookPook0307 »

I just can't get over how much older she looks than she really is, esp in that thumbnaill. :?

Im 28 and I always forget she's younger than me.
SweetDreams
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by SweetDreams »

HelloSweetie wrote:Yikes! Jared has a problem on his hands! They lost 300 subs yesterday with the resurgence of the TTC talk. He's risking alienating the adult audience he has left. People have noticed that Ellie isn't being consistent in what she says and seems obsessive according to the comments.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... e9effe.png[/img]
Keren from kkandbabyj apparently tweeted complaining about YouTube cleaning up scam accounts and how they went down 250 subscribers. I think that is probably the cause of the drop for E+J too.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

HelloSweetie wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I wonder why they don't want to go back to the clinic that helped them conceive Jackson? They have a lot more money than they did previously, so it's somewhat strange to me that they won't utilize that resource again. Clearly Ellie is a nitwit and shouldn't be left to her own devices because it just leads to a nervous breakdown. I just don't understand why she's so insistent that they do this on their own. It's like she thinks she's been "cured" due to Calvin's unlikely conception.
m

They were told to wait 3 cycles before trying Femara again. My guess is this was as owe the clinic's rules. For most docs a miscarriage resets the clock. UT is obviously different and has their own rules though.
I don’t watch regularly, did Ellie say that they needed to try on her own for at least three cycles before the doctor would see her? When she had her IUD taken out, I thought she mentioned that she called the clinic to let them know they were trying again and the office told her to come in if her period didn’t start within a certain amount of time and they would prescribe her something. That gave me the impression that they were willing to work with her, which makes sense because she’s a former patient and they know her history. I’m sure first time patients would be different, they expect you to try on your on for a period of time before intervention, etc. Of course waiting three cycles is not that long (unless her cycles really are 8 or 10 weeks long) and a reasonable amount of time to wait before medical intervention.

She seems challenged in her inability to understand the basics of her diagnosis and how to go about all of this. It’s just painful to watch her try to understand this on her own. I think she really does need to be under the care of a doctor advising and reassuring her every step of the way.
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by schnapperin »

Having a bit of free time I was watching a few of their older vlogs and I have to admit that at least they seem to spend a lot of time with Calvin & Jackson, playing and learning etc. I can't remember seeing Ruby or Keven doing that with Eve (or Russell outside the "Homeschooling")
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^ they told her to wait. Femara and Clomid are really hard on your body and docs don't want patients on it if it isn't necessary. Ellie had a natural pregnancy just a couple of years ago, so it isn't hard to believe they would want her to try three cycles. Docs tend to know their patients as well, so it's entirely possible they are curious about the medical history they have been given from Ellie as well.

You can't just walk into a fertility clinic and get treatment just because you have a condition that CAN cause infertility. I have PCOD and Endometriosis, but still had to try awhile to get an idea of how my body was (or wasn't) working. By the time I went to a clinic I knew all about my fertility and NFP. The fact that Ellie has no idea about these things, really makes me doubt the story of their trying for so long. That, and her tendency to get obsessive about things. My guess is the doctor's may have wondered if she was lying as well.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I realize it's a dialect thing, but I can't stand the term "swimming suit", and could Ellie have possibly said it more in today's vlog? Sheesh.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

It really doesn't matter what the dr or nurse tells Ellie. The nurse told Ellie that ovulation tests would not be reliable with PCOS and she didn't listen to that. She didn't read the directions on the ovulation tests. She probably should be monitored just so that they can explain to her what is going on in her body. It probably wouldn't hurt for her to get some day 3 bloodwork done just to see where's she at. Then they can talk to her about gaining weight or medication. I'm sure they will see that she is underweight and weighs less than when she tried for Jackson. Maybe that's another reason why she's avoiding the dr.

I would love to ask Ellie if she thinks a woman can ovulate before a period. I really think she thinks it can't happen and therefore Calvin is a legit miracle.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote:^^^ they told her to wait. Femara and Clomid are really hard on your body and docs don't want patients on it if it isn't necessary. Ellie had a natural pregnancy just a couple of years ago, so it isn't hard to believe they would want her to try three cycles. Docs tend to know their patients as well, so it's entirely possible they are curious about the medical history they have been given from Ellie as well.

You can't just walk into a fertility clinic and get treatment just because you have a condition that CAN cause infertility. I have PCOD and Endometriosis, but still had to try awhile to get an idea of how my body was (or wasn't) working. By the time I went to a clinic I knew all about my fertility and NFP. The fact that Ellie has no idea about these things, really makes me doubt the story of their trying for so long. That, and her tendency to get obsessive about things. My guess is the doctor's may have wondered if she was lying as well.
Not to mention that there are limited cycles for clomid. I was only on one cycle of femara, so I'm not sure about that one. (Personal) My IF Dr did tell me to call when and if we want to try for baby #2, but we would have to do the testing all over again. She actually told me that we didn't have to try on our own first, but to come in for testing. I'm in my mid thirties though.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”