BEplus3: Forcing Family (BritneyandBaby Part 26/27)

JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: BEplus3: Forcing Family (BritneyandBaby Part 26/27)

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

Blackswan wrote:
JennaLuvBug wrote:I absolutely hate the saying, "Fed is best".
So all the scientific benefits to breast feeding mean nothing? I think its amazing that skin to skin can change the antibodies to breast milk if the baby is sick, or at night time it produces more melatonin.

Fed is great, I am very glad women have the option and hat formula and bottles exist, but I wish people would stop trying to discredit all the benefits, because at the end of the day Brest IS best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm kinda offended by this. It's not about discrediting the benefits of breast milk. IMO the whole "fed is best" is for people like myself to relieve some of the guilt of not being ABLE to breastfeed. I didn't CHOSE to not breastfeed. I wish with all my heart that I could have but in the end my body didn't let me. I don't want to go into details but atleast with my second I was able to pump till D-MER hit.
But I could also turn around and say "fed is best" discredits how hard it was to breastfeed. Its all just personal feelings. I really don't care how a woman feeds her child, if she chooses to not BF because she doesn't want to or couldn't. I just don't like they saying fed is best when there is scientific studies that show breast milk is best. I am also a very scientific person, so that could be why.

I am sorry BF didn't work out for you. To my surprise I had a harder time with the 2nd one than I did the first.

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

The breastfeeding community can be great. They are supportive and helpful and will go to the ends of the earth sometimes to help someone who is struggling. But they can also be mean, judgemental, and downright rude. I would never say that formula feeding is better than breastfeeding but when it all comes down to it, having a fed baby is best. Look at V. She is breastfeeding and Charlie is struggling because of feeding issues. Sure he got benefits from the breastmilk but he is underweight and gassy all the time.
Anniekins
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Anniekins »

Blackswan wrote:
JennaLuvBug wrote:I absolutely hate the saying, "Fed is best".
So all the scientific benefits to breast feeding mean nothing? I think its amazing that skin to skin can change the antibodies to breast milk if the baby is sick, or at night time it produces more melatonin.

Fed is great, I am very glad women have the option and hat formula and bottles exist, but I wish people would stop trying to discredit all the benefits, because at the end of the day Brest IS best.

I'm kinda offended by this. It's not about discrediting the benefits of breast milk. IMO the whole "fed is best" is for people like myself to relieve some of the guilt of not being ABLE to breastfeed. I didn't CHOSE to not breastfeed. I wish with all my heart that I could have but in the end my body didn't let me. I don't want to go into details but atleast with my second I was able to pump till D-MER hit.
In developed countries, with access to clean drinking water, the benefits of breastmilk over formula are pretty much non-existent. Those studies have been overblown, or just wrong. Obviously, breast is best if you live in an area with contaminated water, but that's not usually the case.

I think Britney had some other reason for quitting nursing, and she should just be honest. Even if it's "I didn't feel like it anymore." Maybe she's even on some medication? She doesn't have to say, just, "it's personal." Or...she could have just not said anything at all.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lizpuff2006 wrote:The breastfeeding community can be great. They are supportive and helpful and will go to the ends of the earth sometimes to help someone who is struggling. But they can also be mean, judgemental, and downright rude. I would never say that formula feeding is better than breastfeeding but when it all comes down to it, having a fed baby is best. Look at V. She is breastfeeding and Charlie is struggling because of feeding issues. Sure he got benefits from the breastmilk but he is underweight and gassy all the time.
I don't watch Vanessa, but it's a possibility both of their diets (B and V) are contributing to the issues they are having. B "cut out meat" and all the sudden Karlo wont nurse.

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

Idk I'm seeing a lot of comments saying she should've just been honest and said she weaned her but then people go on and bash her for weaning her. Lol so now I have a general question that is not specific to just Britney. I just want to know how people feel about this.

Is it okay for a woman to not (or stop) breastfeed because they just straight up don't want to? Why or why not?

I have my own opinion on this but I'm not a mom and so I don't feel right weighing in on this.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

BEplus3: Forcing Family (BritneyandBaby Part 26/27)

Unread post by smom12 »

Britney sure knows how to take shit for granted. My firstborn I didn't produce enough and I had an emergency c section so it fucked my supply from the beginning.

My last I tried everything. Snipped her lip and tongue tie. No weight gain.
Frank mothers milk tea. No weight gain.
Always on my boob... no weight gain.
Shit ton of water.... no weight gain.
Pumping an hour only produced a total of 2 ounces from both.
Steel oats...nothing.

The doctor was concerned at 2 months old she was still the same weight no matter what I did. Nursing holidays. Everything. At 2 months old she was 7 pounds and 10 ounces.

Supplemented with formula and then just switched over to formula completely and she gained weight and was satisfied and was so happy. I was so miserable because my baby was clearly underfed but I felt like a failure that couldn't feed her own child. It was a short lived hell. Cried a lot. But it the end she thrived and all is good now.

I WISH I could have fed her longer but I'm just not meant for it. Then you have this puta who just throws it away for her own selfish reasons, and then LIES about it.

If you don't want to, ok that's one thing. But not wanting to and then blaming it on an innocent baby? That's some fucked up shit homes.

Last edited by smom12 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Aboogabooga wrote:Idk I'm seeing a lot of comments saying she should've just been honest and said she weaned her but then people go on and bash her for weaning her. Lol so now I have a general question that is not specific to just Britney. I just want to know how people feel about this.

Is it okay for a woman to not (or stop) breastfeed because they just straight up don't want to? Why or why not?

I have my own opinion on this but I'm not a mom and so I don't feel right weighing in on this.

If you don't want to, you don't want to. I don't have a problem with it. I fed my 1st until 2. I stopped at 14 months with my second because I was tired of BF. I have friends that never BF, up until I had kids I never planned to BF (my mom never did) but I tried because I saw how expensive formula was, and to my surprise I liked it.

Now with Britney she's lying or seems as if she is. Just say YOU don't want to, instead she blames the baby. Everything with her is "someone else".

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

JennaLuvBug wrote:
Aboogabooga wrote:Idk I'm seeing a lot of comments saying she should've just been honest and said she weaned her but then people go on and bash her for weaning her. Lol so now I have a general question that is not specific to just Britney. I just want to know how people feel about this.

If you don't want to, you don't want to. I don't have a problem with it. I fed my 1st until 2. I stopped at 14 months with my second because I was tired of BF. I have friends that never BF, up until I had kids I never planned to BF (my mom never did) but I tried because I saw how expensive formula was, and to my surprise I liked it.

Now with Britney she's lying or seems as if she is. Just say YOU don't want to, instead she blames the baby. Everything with her is "someone else".

Exactly. You don't want to that's fine... I'll grumble a bit because I'm jealous you could in the first place but at least she told the truth and I could get over it.

What I can't get over is the blatant lying and blaming it on the baby. Who the fuck does this?

JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Add in the fact she didn't BF Aria, I probably wouldn't of even batted an eye if she started with formula with Karlo.

hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

Britney please do something exciting already. Everyone is fighting about babies being fed.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

No one is fighting tho.....?

JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hey girl hey007 wrote:Britney please do something exciting already. Everyone is fighting about babies being fed.
Lol! I wonder if she is actually going to use her running shoes to run.

imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

hey girl hey007 wrote:Britney please do something exciting already. Everyone is fighting about babies being fed.
You must have missed it.

She did do something exciting. She made a big deal about Harlow's non-existent "nursing strike" and then lied about her kid self weaning, which is why we're talking about it. Last vlog she uploaded, her "heart to heart" is near the end.
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

JennaLuvBug wrote:

Lol wonder what the sugar gliders are up to.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

JennaLuvBug wrote:

Oh she was definitely lying. I could tell she was low key happy about it. BUT I can't blame her because I see how hard the breastfeeding community goes for people who simply choose not to breastfeed. It's just like when people fight over which birth method was better/harder (natural bs c section). It's like a constant competition.

She should have been able to just be honest and own her decision no matter what, but we all know she can't. I understand why she put on such a charade though.

JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

imnottired wrote:
JennaLuvBug wrote:

Lol wonder what the sugar gliders are up to.
Thanking their lucky stars they got out of that "chaotic" house. I was actually reading back on that thread, and just like everything else, we called it.

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

The thing to me is that she seemed to feel so guilty over not breastfeeding Aria. And then she seemed to go overboard with Nolan. She talked about it all the time and bf him for a long time. Not that anything is wrong with that but now with Harlow she seemed to start out great with breastfeeding and now that she thinks she has other things to do and places to go she doesn't want to do it anymore. She won't even pump. When she had Nolan she had bags and bags of breastmilk in her fridge so I don't believe the pump doesn't work for her. She just doesn't want to do it. Which is fine. If you don't want to, then don't. But don't come up with other reasons you can't breastfeed if the reason is just that you are tired of it.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lizpuff2006 wrote:The thing to me is that she seemed to feel so guilty over not breastfeeding Aria. And then she seemed to go overboard with Nolan. She talked about it all the time and bf him for a long time. Not that anything is wrong with that but now with Harlow she seemed to start out great with breastfeeding and now that she thinks she has other things to do and places to go she doesn't want to do it anymore. She won't even pump. When she had Nolan she had bags and bags of breastmilk in her fridge so I don't believe the pump doesn't work for her. She just doesn't want to do it. Which is fine. If you don't want to, then don't. But don't come up with other reasons you can't breastfeed if the reason is just that you are tired of it.
You said everything I was thinking about the whole situation.

Even if she said she felt the need to stop to get her mental health/weight under control I wouldn't of been so WTF towards her.

JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Honestly did she even need to say anything? She's not the type to nurse on camera. No one would have even known.

Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

I believe her story I don't think she's lying, but I really think that Harlow was cutting a tooth and that's what was causing her to refuse to nurse. Brit just panicked and started confusing Harlow, who was already going through a tough time. Nursing strikes are soooo common it's not really necessary to freak out about it. I got through nursing strikes by dream feeding during naps and at night. It's a lot of work, but I found when my babies were asleep they would nurse, but wouldn't when awake. Just a tip for anyone dealing with a strike LOL

Return to “Britneyandbaby”