MesssFam: Heaps of Kids, Heaps of Clothes (Part 98!)

BrokenHeart410
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: MesssFam: Heaps of Kids, Heaps of Clothes (Part 98!)

Unread post by BrokenHeart410 »

My mom was a single mom to 4 kids with pretty much no help from my dad, She would buy us supplies and a few "new" outfits, backpacks and shoes (we needed them) but most of the clothes came from goodwill or garage sales.
BrokenHeart410
Talker
Talker

I think she buys most of the boys' clothes used and of course Lilias clothes are brand new from target. Maybe I am cheap but I consider target expensive
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

$700 isn't THAT much, considering it's about $100 a kid. That's including back packs and shoes. $100 definitely doesn't go far these days.

Those mobster knee pants from Target? Holy shit, so ugly. Maybe Landen could pull them off... twins are way too old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

Lmao, ***monster. Maybe if they were mobster pants they would be cuter though.

BrokenHeart410
Talker
Talker

pinkdiamond_3 wrote:$700 isn't THAT much, considering it's about $100 a kid. That's including back packs and shoes. $100 definitely doesn't go far these days.

Those mobster knee pants from Target? Holy shit, so ugly. Maybe Landen could pull them off... twins are way too old.

I think they are adorable...for a baby, not for children to wear to school
nineteenninety3

Unread post by nineteenninety3 »

pinkdiamond_3 wrote:$700 isn't THAT much, considering it's about $100 a kid. That's including back packs and shoes. $100 definitely doesn't go far these days.

It really didn't look like the twins especially had 100 dollars worth of stuff though. And I doubt they spent 100 dollars on Tommy and Caden since Ashley has them for the majority of the school year and probably got a decent chunk of it.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Bsveach15
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Bsveach15 »

My mom would take me and my brother and sister back to school shopping every year before school started. She would give each of us $100 dollars and we would go to all the local thrift stores and pick out what we wanted, with moms help of course. Back then thrift stores were even cheaper than they are now and weren't as hyped up so there was better selection. I loved it and we would get tons of stuff for $100. That didn't count new backpacks and school supplies though.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

lol y'all are funny with thinking she spent $100 per kid. I know exactly how this breakdown went:
$400 on Lilia
$300 divided among the rest.

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

LilaLavender wrote:That makes me think though. Is it possible one factor in Jessica's house being such a gigantic mess because she has an insane amount of clothes in it?

My older cousins have always passed on clothes to me and once, my parents complained there were too many clothes spread across my room and I showed them that the amount of clothes had become too much to fit in my closet so I was having a hard time keeping things neat despite really trying.

Now we all know Jessica is lazy as all hell when it comes to cleaning up, but I doubt that the amount of outfits for Princess Lilia and Princess Asterisk helps. She should learn to appreciate clothes beyond their first wear/Instagram post and not buy new things until the kids genuinely need them.
She's definitely the kind of person to buy new clothes instead of doing laudry
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

Yea those monster pants are gross. I hate sweatpants anyway but the twins are way too old for those. Those would look somewhat cuter on a toddler or infant. I think Landen is even too old for those
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

Maybe it's just me but I feel like she goes through shoes because she buys their sneakers from Payless. I am not against that. Trust me. But the sole of the shoes is a material that gets easily eaten away by concrete. Probably why the boys fly through shoes so quickly. I think she should invest in a good pair of sneakers for all the kids that is specifically for school ONLY. Other things I can see she should buy at Payless. (Outside play shoes or gym shoes)

And what about their backpacks from last year? Their lunch boxes? I hope she at least goes through their last school year stuff before just bringing more stuff in to throw on top of it.

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:For a moment I felt bad because all I have gotten my son is a new pair of indoor school shoes, I buy clothes whenever I see something I like or a good deal so he doesnt need any new clothes, his backpack I bought for him last year is still in perfect condition. I have to get supplies for the school but he doesnt need a binder or anything (he will be in senior kindergarten) nice to see other moms on this board dont go crazy either. Funny because I remember someone here mentioning the boys clothes looking so bad, now we know why... she buys them the majority of their clothes now and it has to last until back to school time next year.
I very very rarely buy huge hauls of clothes, I just buy things here and there like I said, when I see a sale or when the kids are in desperate need (damn growth spurts!)
And she doesn't buy for the boys in between the school year...she can lie and say she does, but she doesn't. I hope from that $700 she SUPPOSEDLY spent (which Adsense needed to be included in??) included some extra supplies to donate to the kids school.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

Also why go to Payless for the shoes, the boys clearly rip them up quickly, why not spend extra for better quality if they have to last a whole year??

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

I am sure she thinks she is saving money and thinks that if she buys them good quality expensive shoes they will rip those up and she will be out more money. But if they last longer you will be saving money.
I always thought it was gross to buy second hand shoes for kids....I will buy clothing secondhand but shoes gross me out.
Victoria3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Victoria3 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 91273f.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... b9c6c0.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 3004c7.png[/img]

Thought of Jess Image I saw another one that said "I love someone I haven't even met yet"

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

Victoria3 wrote:
Thought of Jess Image I saw another one that said "I love someone I haven't even met yet"

lmao
should add "seriously this time he's the love of my life"
Viewingsince2010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Viewingsince2010 »

She got so much stuff for Landon and Lilia and barely anything for the twins, uh Jess they need it the most... They look like bums half the time.
I'm confused though, where is the actual school supplies. Pencils and a notebook that can't be it. I know some schools don't ask for supplies but from what I know it's schools that are in bad areas that have children who's family can't afford it.
We definitely use back to school time to get new clothes, only because that's how it works out with weather and growing. Summer is pretty much over when they start school, so they need warm clothes because stuff from last year doesn't fit. A new book bag every year only because I don't have the money to buy an expensive one. That's what my kids like the most is picking their new one with that years favorite theme, last year was shopkins and cheetah print.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
tinybeartender
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tinybeartender »

Lol someone commented on the latest video that Kyson and Kaden seemed to have hardly anything compared to Lilia considering it would be split between the two of them and it was deleted. I do have respect for youtubers that actually address comments rather than delete them, but hey when you're that in denial about favoritism...
ruby14
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ruby14 »

I never really understood back to school shopping for clothes but it's only because I went to a private school for 10 years and we wore uniforms (and you never wanted to go uniform shopping because it was always busy and they were pretty expensive and throughout those 10 years, I wore 3 different uniforms, so I had to buy a whole new set everytime). They only clothes I ever got for back to school were new shoes and an outfit for picture day. I also got a new backpack and lunch box every year until probably 5th or 6th grade then I just used the same ones until I needed a new one (I went through 3 backpacks in high school, one I had to stop using while it was still good because it was hurting my back) and I got all new supplies every year, not really sure if other places do this but my school sent out a school supply list in the middle of the summer that told you what you needed and much you needed. I feel like the kids school(s?) don't do that since she didn't get them a lot of school supplies, and in that case, it would make more sense to do that shopping after school starts so you know what you need (that's pretty much what I did all through high school and currently in college).
cjl123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cjl123 »

In cali do they not have like school supply list? Where was stuff like paper? #2 pencils? Folders? My son has a whole list of stuff he needs. I spent 250 ish on my son for back to school. That includes 8 tops 7 bottoms 2 (good) shoes and a whole list of school supplies.

Return to “JesssFam”