E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

SunnySide0 wrote:I'm paraphrasing here but did anyone watch Grandma Griff's insta story?

Jennifer: (runs up to Ellie in a joke way) hey I'm your biggest fan, you're my favorite!

Ellie: I have to be your favorite, I'm the youngest (she walks off)
Ellie seemed so off there. I actually felt bad for GG. She looks so unhealthy when walking away.

Ellie's body language in the clips is very telling. She isn't happy about being there, and is very tense. Jared reaches out to hug a fan, but Ellie just speaks to them.... there is no warmth. Gandmagriff pans over to the lineup and the fans in line do not look excited or happy. I wonder if this is because they don't like what they are seeing? The Mechams are reacting Cal and Jackson and don't look happy at all either.... at least not until they realize they are being filmed.

Bonnie and Joel by comparison seem to have the most energy with the fans. Joel is beaming and Bonnie is joking around. The kids are bored, but seem content. Bonnie is at least happy to be there are seems really happy to meet people.

Ruby gives a few awkward hugs but seems happy to be there as well. She just seems out of her element, and I can see Julie's awkwardness in her. Kevin is in a back corner away from everyone and seems happy to talk from a distance but not exactly comfortable with mingling. Sherri loves the attention, and it's pretty clear Grandma Griff is as well. Bonnie and Ruby's crowds looked larger than E&J's, and more enthusiastic.

The instastory is fascinating and people should check it out. I love watching body language, and really believe you can learn more about people/dynamics from how they interact and behave than from anything they say.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

One more notable thing from Katie's IG story. E&J had the kids on stage with them. We used to praise them for not taking the kids to conventions. They could have easily stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa Mecham, so it's pretty clear they chose to bring the kids so others could see them. Though I'm sure Ellie will return to the protecting opinion again the next time she doesn't want to bring the kids or wants to stay home from a convention.
canmom2
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:One more notable thing from Katie's IG story. E&J had the kids on stage with them. We used to praise them for not taking the kids to conventions. They could have easily stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa Mecham, so it's pretty clear they chose to bring the kids so others could see them. Though I'm sure Ellie will return to the protecting opinion again the next time she doesn't want to bring the kids or wants to stay home from a convention.
CVX is family friendly. The last convention they went to in Cali about a month ago was wild and crazy. I think davey it was too wild for his family and basically said he has taught his kids how to behave. So i agree not all conventions are family friendly. Calvin is showing more sign of something wrong. First the screaching then chocking Jackson hugging as E&J called it. now the hitting of strangers and pretending its a high 5. They allowed him to run in a circle and hit strangers no where near there hands and laugh about it. It was like he was a circus animal.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

canmom2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:One more notable thing from Katie's IG story. E&J had the kids on stage with them. We used to praise them for not taking the kids to conventions. They could have easily stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa Mecham, so it's pretty clear they chose to bring the kids so others could see them. Though I'm sure Ellie will return to the protecting opinion again the next time she doesn't want to bring the kids or wants to stay home from a convention.
CVX is family friendly. The last convention they went to in Cali about a month ago was wild and crazy. I think davey it was too wild for his family and basically said he has taught his kids how to behave. So i agree not all conventions are family friendly. Calvin is showing more sign of something wrong. First the screaching then chocking Jackson hugging as E&J called it. now the hitting of strangers and pretending its a high 5. They allowed him to run in a circle and hit strangers no where near there hands and laugh about it. It was like he was a circus animal.
Like the meme says, if your kid is an ass, you cant blame it on tv or music.. Its all your fault! #wedidnothingwrong2017edition

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by schnapperin »

Its seems that all Family vloggers had their kids with them -even J House vlogs who never did that before aswell. Might have been in their contract ?
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote: Bonnie and Ruby's crowds looked larger than E&J's, and more enthusiastic.
Personal I think its hard to judge crowd sizes from IG stories since we don't know if it was the start of the m&g or at the end. I thought from other instagram stories that there was not a lot of anyone of the family to find - but it looked like Ellie and Jared had some of the more sold out private events (their price went up to 75 in the last week compared to Bonnie and Ruby)

And nice that they brought sugar cookies (or got them sponsored)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't care that they brought the kids, or that the event is family friendly. E&J are no longer among the few that are keeping their kids off the stages and away from the fans, and that is why I pointed it out.

Regarding the line ups possibly being different times of the day.... all were around mid day. If E&J are far more popular that Bonnie and Ruby like we are led to believe, then their crowd should still have been larger and more enthtusiastic. Just saying, what we see in the IG strict reflects what we've been seeing in the Social Blade stats.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sorry to double post but just realized something. These meet and greets ARE the private photo ops that the previous poster said went up to $75. Almost everyone else's was $35. Sales must have been poor because they were on sale prior to the event for $65.

So it's possible E&J just went worth the additional money since the fans could instead see both Bonnie and 8 Passengers for the same price.
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote:Sorry to double post but just realized something. These meet and greets ARE the private photo ops that the previous poster said went up to $75. Almost everyone else's was $35. Sales must have been poor because they were on sale prior to the event for $65.

So it's possible E&J just went worth the additional money since the fans could instead see both Bonnie and 8 Passengers for the same price.
The prices are still online https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cvx-live-2 ... 45#tickets
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

schnapperin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Sorry to double post but just realized something. These meet and greets ARE the private photo ops that the previous poster said went up to $75. Almost everyone else's was $35. Sales must have been poor because they were on sale prior to the event for $65.

The prices are still online https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cvx-live-2 ... 45#tickets
I know. The $65 sale price is on the actual CVX website.

I'm not sure which point your are objecting to? Are you finding it offensive that I am suggesting that Ruby and Bonnie had larger crowds? Makes total sense if their tickets were more affordable since they could see a lot more people for the same price (assuming most people probably watch all the Griffiths). If things like this happen often I can sort of see why Jared doesn't promote anyone else's channel.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Ellie and Jared have a severe marketing problem. Views and subs are down and continuing to decline, Jared is unable to change up the vlogs because they have to remain "Ellie-centric," but meanwhile Ellie can't be bothered to truly stop if up and engage with fans in a meaningful way. She wants the praise and fame, but no the work. Conventions are a real opportunity for them to tune in and start interracting with people, but Ellie hates them. CVX is the one that used to treat them like they were the top draw, but in the last few years they have become merely one of a top few. They are losing steam and losing it FAST. Anyone keeping an eye on the views and trends can see that Ruby is quickly passing Ellie and Jared, yet doesn't have even as remotely of a flashy lifestyle. E&J have fallen into the DB trap of keeping up with everyone, and trying to maintain a showy lifestyle. Too bad this same lifestyle also alienates a ton of viewers. I get the impression that Jared thinks a baby is going go help save the channel.... it won't. Another baby is just going to further expose Ellie as someone who no longer feels she has it all together (like she used to boast).
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote:I'm not sure which point your are objecting to? Are you finding it offensive that I am suggesting that Ruby and Bonnie had larger crowds? Makes total sense if their tickets were more affordable since they could see a lot more people for the same price (assuming most people probably watch all the Griffiths). If things like this happen often I can sort of see why Jared doesn't promote anyone else's channel.
There price was 35 a few days ago aswell and jumped then to 65 - I thought that the price maybe reflects the acutal sales of tickets, thats why it jumped up and would suggest that they sold more tickets then Bonnie and Ruby
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't care that they brought the kids, or that the event is family friendly. E&J are no longer among the few that are keeping their kids off the stages and away from the fans, and that is why I pointed it out.

Regarding the line ups possibly being different times of the day.... all were around mid day. If E&J are far more popular that Bonnie and Ruby like we are led to believe, then their crowd should still have been larger and more enthtusiastic. Just saying, what we see in the IG strict reflects what we've been seeing in the Social Blade stats.
I for one watch the vlogs i do because of kids. I dont care what E&J do or cullen and katie or DB. I like watching the small kids grow. So if i was at that convention i would of loved to see the kids. It doesnt seem as busy as some of the other ones. Even cullen and katie said after playlist live it was too much for the kids. Anyone else think DB and E&J arent getting along. The one that was just in Cali was horrible with all the 12 year olds running around screaming and you look at some of the people who they idolize it is scary. But they didnt walk to it their parents brought them so that has to say something about the parents.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

schnapperin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I'm not sure which point your are objecting to? Are you finding it offensive that I am suggesting that Ruby and Bonnie had larger crowds? Makes total sense if their tickets were more affordable since they could see a lot more people for the same price (assuming most people probably watch all the Griffiths). If things like this happen often I can sort of see why Jared doesn't promote anyone else's channel.
There price was 35 a few days ago aswell and jumped then to 65 - I thought that the price maybe reflects the acutal sales of tickets, thats why it jumped up and would suggest that they sold more tickets then Bonnie and Ruby
That's a shitty thing to do if that's the case (unless the $35 was just an Early Bird price). You don't raise the price on tickets for an event just because they are selling well unless you are more concerns about money than consistency for your guests. I'd be pretty annoyed if my fri d bought a ticket for $35 and I went to get one days later and the price had almost doubled! Regardless, they didn't sell out. Looks like only Cute Girls Hairstyles did. And those prices are all outrageous anyway. Fans shouldn't have to pay for every little thing at a convention like that.
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

HelloSweetie wrote: That's a shitty thing to do if that's the case (unless the $35 was just an Early Bird price). You don't raise the price on tickets for an event just because they are selling well unless you are more concerns about money than consistency for your guests. I'd be pretty annoyed if my fri d bought a ticket for $35 and I went to get one days later and the price had almost doubled! Regardless, they didn't sell out. Looks like only Cute Girls Hairstyles did. And those prices are all outrageous anyway. Fans shouldn't have to pay for every little thing at a convention like that.
I serious doubt that any vlogger had anything saying about the price or how the systems works - in my opinion they got a fee from cvx, comitting to a certain amount of time for the panels, main stage events, public m&g and the superfan experience. And yes I do agree that this system isn't fair, but then for some of those who bought tickets its the same like meeting a "popstar" and people pay a lot for a quick photo op before the concert
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
The instastory is fascinating and people should check it out. I love watching body language, and really believe you can learn more about people/dynamics from how they interact and behave than from anything they say.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 90d6ae.jpg[/img]

Well her posture and the hands behind her back while she's talking with a fan (I guess) it's pretty telling. Even in that short Instagram story where her mom says she's her biggest fan it's obvious that she just wants to get away as fast as she can.

I also agree with the poster who said E&J used to be the big attraction of CVX Live. This convention was created on 2015, I think it was a few months after Calvin was born and E+J's channel was growing.
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

schnapperin wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: That's a shitty thing to do if that's the case (unless the $35 was just an Early Bird price). You don't raise the price on tickets for an event just because they are selling well unless you are more concerns about money than consistency for your guests. I'd be pretty annoyed if my fri d bought a ticket for $35 and I went to get one days later and the price had almost doubled! Regardless, they didn't sell out. Looks like only Cute Girls Hairstyles did. And those prices are all outrageous anyway. Fans shouldn't have to pay for every little thing at a convention like that.
I serious doubt that any vlogger had anything saying about the price or how the systems works - in my opinion they got a fee from cvx, comitting to a certain amount of time for the panels, main stage events, public m&g and the superfan experience. And yes I do agree that this system isn't fair, but then for some of those who bought tickets its the same like meeting a "popstar" and people pay a lot for a quick photo op before the concert
I didn't say E&J were the ones that raised the price.

That said, it's not like they don't have a voice if they feel their fans are being taken advantage of. Ellie loves to Tweet out her frustrations for everything else.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

Arguing that the kids had to be at the convention because it was part of the deal is just like saying that they need to be in the You Tube videos because that's what fans want. At some point, its up to the parents to decide what is best for their children, and where the line is with what they are willing to expose them to. Ellie has stated in the past that she doesn't feel conventions are right for her children. Taking your children to an event that you yourself are tense and really don't want to be at just isn't right in my opinion. These are children... not animals in a zoo.

What is the price that made this impossible to pass up? Would I let someone pay me $10000 to take my children to the park so people could look at them and take pictures for an hour?

No, because that has the potential to do more damage than good to my kids. What is it that makes CVX better than the FL or CA conventions anyway? The fact that its UT so the attendees are less diverse? The kids aren't attending the afterparties and things anyway, so the "family friendly" argument is just BS. Most of the fans attending the other conventions are children anyway so I'm sorry, I really think Ellie isn't projecting her kids so much as she's just using them as an excuse for not attending herself unless she can get a DATE out of it or something.
thanksalatte
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thanksalatte »

A vlog 99.5% about CVX but titled after "hormonal" pimples? Definitely setting up another "pregnancy" announcement. :roll: Comment section is pretty savage today.
twinnotwo71
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twinnotwo71 »

madi_b_123 wrote:
twinnotwo71 wrote:What does she mean with, "My dogs are barking?" Is this a phrase I'm just unfamiliar with? I live in the South, so...Image

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
It usually means my feet hurt so I guess she's trying to convey that her feet are hurting from having to stand so long at the meet up. Instead of making it a completely positive post genuinely thanking all the people who waited to meet them, she has to throw in at least one complaint! Typical Ellie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, gotchya!! I have never heard that phrase. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”