boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Talking about Gaines at 3:00

Ellie: She loves Jared. Well and I think it's cuz she feels secure with you, because if I would've grabbed her first she may have clinged to me.
Jared: No, I think she just likes me better. Nice try though Ellie, nice try.

Take note Ellie.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think the comment is real. I saw it is still there this morning. If I paid $65, I'd be upset too. What if that kid worked her butt off doing chores and whatnot to buy the ticket? Grumpy, stinky Ellie in all her glory. On the other hand, this is how she gets taught the lesson that the real world if full of fakes $65 is better than the price most of us have paid to learn that lesson

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
katlinsmith04209
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by katlinsmith04209 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... c3a708.png[/img]

Ugh why? I don't know why this bothers me so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:The thing Jared needs to realize is that if he make Ellie the star of the channel, then people are going to want to see her more at these conventions. He can't make up for her poor behaviour forever. Especially not when people are starting to see cracks in the happy and positive facade she tries to project.
I dont know where you are getting Ellie doesnt go to conventions. They go to alot maybe not them all and maybe thats time restraints but there is not many that DB goes to that they dont. Was this one not important enough for DB.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Haven't they only been to CVX, and I think VidCon this year? Last year, they only went to Vlogger Fair and CVX, I think. And I honestly don't remember about VidCon last year. I think they skipped both Playlists. Time constraints? This is their job. They don't have any other responsibilities.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, the comment is still there so far. But one bozo actually accused the mom of saying it "just to get likes"-- must be an 8 year old. And then there is this one. Brainwashed much?
I want so badly to put in my two cents.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 5c70cd.jpg[/img]

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Not only that, but it's the excuses she gives for why she isn't going. She says she doesnt want the kids at them, which I can respect. But as soon as views are down she parades her kids around in front of strangers and brings them on stage. She is a liar and a hypocrit.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

bunny88 wrote:Not only that, but it's the excuses she gives for why she isn't going. She says she doesnt want the kids at them, which I can respect. But as soon as views are down she parades her kids around in front of strangers and brings them on stage. She is a liar and a hypocrit.
My point exactly. Thank you.

Ellie has gone to more conventions this year than last, but she rarely thanks the fans and doesn't seem as happy when seen in the background of other people's vlogs. That, added to the comment, means that there is a weird dynamic happening whereby Ellie wants to be the star and have adoration, but at the same time almost seems to resent her public life.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
bunny88 wrote:Not only that, but it's the excuses she gives for why she isn't going. She says she doesnt want the kids at them, which I can respect. But as soon as views are down she parades her kids around in front of strangers and brings them on stage. She is a liar and a hypocrit.
My point exactly. Thank you.

Ellie has gone to more conventions this year than last, but she rarely thanks the fans and doesn't seem as happy when seen in the background of other people's vlogs. That, added to the comment, means that there is a weird dynamic happening whereby Ellie wants to be the star and have adoration, but at the same time almost seems to resent her public life.
Because when she is at the conventions the real world hits her in the face. She is a small fish in a big pond. She has to share the spot light with other YTers. Jared fawns over fans when he should only fawn over her. People want to see Jackson and Calvin when they should only want to see her. When she is in a situation when she is not the center of attention she is miserable and uncomfortable.

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Plus all her siblings are there and Ruby and Bonnie are more popular than her! Ellie acts like she is cool with the Griffiths and Mechams being on youtube, but I think she secretly hates it (they never promote sibling channels, anymore). I can assume they were teased about it at first by their families. It is an unconventional job, so you can bet there was a little good-natured family teasing (conjecture only, no proof of this). But once they became popular, everyone else jumped on the youtube bandwagon.

At first, their channels were small, so they werent a threat to Ellie and her need for attention. She still was "superior" to them. But now, Ruby and possibly Bonnie are close to surpassing them. Ellie always felt left out as a child. And once again, her older siblings are going to surpass her. I think youtube was the "thing" she had over them to make herself feel important and special. And now it's slipping away, and she is resentful of it. I think she is sick of youtube, but I think a lot of that is because she has to share attention even within her family.

Sorry that was so long!
imnottired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imnottired »

Sarai wrote:I wonder why Jennifer and Chad didn't let them go out? That's a weird and antisocial way to raise children.
It's a method of control.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

bunny88 wrote:Plus all her siblings are there and Ruby and Bonnie are more popular than her! Ellie acts like she is cool with the Griffiths and Mechams being on youtube, but I think she secretly hates it (they never promote sibling channels, anymore). I can assume they were teased about it at first by their families. It is an unconventional job, so you can bet there was a little good-natured family teasing (conjecture only, no proof of this). But once they became popular, everyone else jumped on the youtube bandwagon.

At first, their channels were small, so they werent a threat to Ellie and her need for attention. She still was "superior" to them. But now, Ruby and possibly Bonnie are close to surpassing them. Ellie always felt left out as a child. And once again, her older siblings are going to surpass her. I think youtube was the "thing" she had over them to make herself feel important and special. And now it's slipping away, and she is resentful of it. I think she is sick of youtube, but I think a lot of that is because she has to share attention even within her family.

Sorry that was so long!
Bonnie and Joel have joked that when Ellie and Jared said he was quitting his job to do YT, that they thought to themselves that they could always make room for them in their basement if things didn't pan out. I think your assumption that they made fun of them initially or thought they were a bit crazy, is fair.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

lmmomSD wrote:Haven't they only been to CVX, and I think VidCon this year? Last year, they only went to Vlogger Fair and CVX, I think. And I honestly don't remember about VidCon last year. I think they skipped both Playlists. Time constraints? This is their job. They don't have any other responsibilities.

They went to playlist in florida just a while ago and the one in Calif dont know was that vidcom. I dont think DB or cullen and katie went to any that they didnt. So they are going to all the major ones.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

HelloSweetie wrote:So these conventions are starting to get more and more out of control and NOW is when E&J decide to start bringing the kids and putting them up on stage? It's an issue that comes with crazy fans and fame.... UT isn't some sacred place protected by Heavenly Father that will always keep these children from harm.

Plus none of them need to be on display like that. It's one thing to video them, but it's another to force them to run around on stage pointlessly just so people can see them. How frightening must that be to them?

I just don't understand the argument that E&J are less guilty than DB or other vloggers because they don't do it all the time, they probably had to bring them, and this one is considered "family friendly."
I'm starting to really think it's a Mormon thing. I follow Jordan Page Fun Cheap or Free for budgeting stuff, and she had a yard sale yesterday and told people to come. She didn't put her address on Instagram, but was encouraging people to basically come find her, and that most people probably knew the general area of where she lived. And I feel like that's kind of the general attitude of a lot of the Utah vloggers. Maybe I watch too much Investigation Discovery and Dateline, but a lot of things they do make me give a bit of side eye.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

What was the accident? Did something happen at CVX or is it clickbait?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

bunny88 wrote:Plus all her siblings are there and Ruby and Bonnie are more popular than her! Ellie acts like she is cool with the Griffiths and Mechams being on youtube, but I think she secretly hates it (they never promote sibling channels, anymore). I can assume they were teased about it at first by their families. It is an unconventional job, so you can bet there was a little good-natured family teasing (conjecture only, no proof of this). But once they became popular, everyone else jumped on the youtube bandwagon.

Sorry that was so long!
Not only are Ruby and Bonnie about to surpass her in subs but neither of them are with a network like Ellie and Jared so all of their income would be higher because they're not paying a network. I think Ellie really loved being the "richest" of the siblings but now she isn't.

JVK19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JVK19 »

Cgl33 wrote:What was the accident? Did something happen at CVX or is it clickbait?
Ellie and Jared bonked heads. HUGE accident Image

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

staceybrax wrote:

Sorry that was so long!
Not only are Ruby and Bonnie about to surpass her in subs but neither of them are with a network like Ellie and Jared so all of their income would be higher because they're not paying a network. I think Ellie really loved being the "richest" of the siblings but now she isn't.

Great point! I forgot about that!
stylesp1girl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by stylesp1girl »

Anyone see this article I just stumbled on. Where'd they get their facts!? http://www.teen.com/2017/05/19/celebrit ... se-baby/#3

Return to “Ellie and Jared”