2011Worst&WorstMom - Part 38

icostugold
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011Worst&WorstMom - Part 38

Unread post by icostugold »

Makes me so sad that Britnessa would do that to sweet lily. Personal but when I was growing up my grand parents (who raised me) had money but I was constantly reminded how much it cost for things. Even food. I would skip eating and not eat much when I did because I didn't want to increase their bills. Even if V is just doing it about clothes or toys it's still terrible. She's a child. She shouldn't feel anxious about freaking money.

Sorry for jumping in. I'll go back to lurking now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Vanessa's personal YouTube channel

Vanessa Marie

LOL!!!!!!
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Blackswan wrote:Vanessa's personal YouTube channel

Vanessa Marie

LOL!!!!!!
I thought her main channel was already the Vanessa Show, so why does she need a personal channel?

Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

Where are you guys getting all these updates. It doesn't show that she made a new video. Unless she blocked me for saying something she thought was rude but wasnt.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

rdt1004 wrote:
Blackswan wrote:Vanessa's personal YouTube channel

Vanessa Marie

LOL!!!!!!
I thought her main channel was already the Vanessa Show, so why does she need a personal channel?

Issa joke...
kalipali
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kalipali »

Vanessa on Snapchat talking about hair products that have "seriously changed her life."

Mullet head is the absolute LAST person I'd ever take hair product advice and recommendations from.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kalipali wrote:Vanessa on Snapchat talking about hair products that have "seriously changed her life."

Mullet head is the absolute LAST person I'd ever take hair product advice and recommendations from.
I smell another Walmart product sponsorship lol
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

I talk to my son about the price of things all the time. If we stop at the shop and I say he can choose a little treat and he starts looking at a twenty dollar toy I will say "no that's $20 that would be something for a special treat, just something small today". He knows that things like big Lego sets are expensive and he will usually have to wait for a birthday or special occasion to get one, I'm not just going to drop a casual $150 because he asks for it randomly on an errand.

Does she say it as in Lily can NEVER have anything expensive or is she just explaining to concept to her?
wendydarling
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wendydarling »

She sure knows how to blow money. It's probably $70 for those two bottles.
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

annapaulndaniel wrote:I talk to my son about the price of things all the time. If we stop at the shop and I say he can choose a little treat and he starts looking at a twenty dollar toy I will say "no that's $20 that would be something for a special treat, just something small today". He knows that things like big Lego sets are expensive and he will usually have to wait for a birthday or special occasion to get one, I'm not just going to drop a casual $150 because he asks for it randomly on an errand.

Does she say it as in Lily can NEVER have anything expensive or is she just explaining to concept to her?
Of course letting kids know that money doesn't grow on trees and things cost money is okay, especially with toys. But V talks about the prices of things like clothes. Speaking from experience, my dad would always mention the prices of things to me, and I was way too anxious about money. I would never tell him when I grew out of clothes and would struggle around in shoes that were too small, and would try to read in the dark so I wouldn't run up electricity bills. As an adult for awhile I was scared to spend money. I would hate for Lily to spend her childhood constantly anxious that she is costing V money. Especially since she doesn't make a big deal out of buying Charlie expensive clothes.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

My mom did the same thing. She always told me how much things Cost and they were too expensive. And she didn't quietly tell me either, she said it really loud and I was always embarrassed about it. It eventually led to me having really bad spending habits and buying higher end things because my mom never made me feel like I could have them. I did get it under control, but I've learned that I will not be doing that with my children. Definitely teach them the value of a dollar but don't embarrass them or make them feel unworthy of nice things.

wendydarling
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wendydarling »

Lily was STILL wearing those way-too-small sandals, the ones that were way-too-small when they were in Texas.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I definitely think there's a difference between telling your children they need to pick a toy under a certain amount of money and telling them the cost of everything you buy them.
I think there's a fine line you need to balance on because you need to teach your children about the value of money and how to spend wisely but you don't want them worrying about money at such a young age. My general rule is to not tell them the cost of things they need (clothes, shoes, food, electricity all that jazz) but when at the store if they've filled their rewards chart I give them a budget to spend so they have find something under $20 (as an example) because that's teaching them about how to spend in their means.

The only time I've been all strict about what something cost was my 6 year olds reading glasses. He was given a big lecture about how he needs to look after them because they were expensive and he needs them and they're his responsibilities to look after them when at school.

Parenting is hard

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I don't really think it's a big deal to tell a child something's too expensive, especially if it's a non necessity like a toy or clothes they might not actually need. Sometimes I tell my son something is too expensive and he understands and puts it back, trust me he's not walking around worrying about my families finances lol he doesn't care but he does understand that we can't just buy anything we want.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

So much cringe in this video. Vanessa really should delete all her old embarrassing videos lol.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

So much cringe in this video. Vanessa really should delete all her old embarrassing videos lol.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

rdt1004 wrote:

Watched 30 seconds and nope. Do not ever want to hear Vanessa talking about her period like that. Ew.

lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:

Watched 30 seconds and nope. Do not ever want to hear Vanessa talking about her period like that. Ew.

Omg seriously! Grossss.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

lagenialester wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:

Omg seriously! Grossss.
In the video she shows that she's out of tampons and said that she was just gonna run to the bathroom and wipe when she "feels it coming out." Like girl, just go to the store or keep that shit to yourself lol.

colemanl1997
Talker
Talker

Unread post by colemanl1997 »

lagenialester wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:

Omg seriously! Grossss.
What the actual... Why would you put that on the Internet??? Like ok it's probably happened to many people running out but seriously telling the Internet that I can't with her

Return to “2011teenagemom”