C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I thought it was interesting that Cullen and Katie, Gaines and Brooks are outside in the hot tub and Ellie and Jared Jackson and Calvin were all inside. What the hell were they doing inside?
I think trying to get the boys down for a nap since none of them slept well the night before.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Where was Brooks when they where ATV'ing?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Strawberry26 wrote:Where was Brooks when they where ATV'ing?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Either Ellie or Jared's mom watched Calvin and Brooks. Katie thanked her at the end of today's vlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoffeeLovinMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CoffeeLovinMama »

lmmomSD wrote:So Cullen has uploaded an IG story-- he's out on a quad, no helmet, on a trail he's not familiar with, filming himself. Put the damn camera down. If he caught a wheel because he wasn't paying attention, he could have flipped that thing, and with no helmet, it could have been ugly. Jared knows the trails (better than Cullen at least) and he's flipped a quad before.
Why can't they put the camera down and enjoy the moment? And not endanger themselves while they're at it?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Ive been riding 4 wheelers my whole life, never used a helmet. At those speeds and on that flat terrain, even with no experience, he's more than fine in the areas he was vlogging. Notice that he didnt vlog when they were getting into the picnic area. Slightly more terrain. Jared however, is very inexperienced and the reason he flipped was that he was going to fast down a rock trail. Those trails are not built for speed.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

CoffeeLovinMama wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So Cullen has uploaded an IG story-- he's out on a quad, no helmet, on a trail he's not familiar with, filming himself. Put the damn camera down. If he caught a wheel because he wasn't paying attention, he could have flipped that thing, and with no helmet, it could have been ugly. Jared knows the trails (better than Cullen at least) and he's flipped a quad before.
Why can't they put the camera down and enjoy the moment? And not endanger themselves while they're at it?

Ive been riding 4 wheelers my whole life, never used a helmet. At those speeds and on that flat terrain, even with no experience, he's more than fine in the areas he was vlogging. Notice that he didnt vlog when they were getting into the picnic area. Slightly more terrain. Jared however, is very inexperienced and the reason he flipped was that he was going to fast down a rock trail. Those trails are not built for speed.
Please for your sake and your families sake, please invest in a helmet and use it every time. You never know when a deer or other animal could run out and hit you, causing you to flip, or new ruts have washed out on trails you know by heart. We had a very close friend sustain severe and disabling brain injuries in his own backyard bc he hit a groundhog hole he didnt know was there and he flipped and almost killed himself. he also had never worn a helmet and was riding in a place he rode on a very regular basis. It's not worth the risk <3
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's just like states that don't make it the law to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. even if its not the law that doesn't make it safe or something that you should do. We went to SC this summer and i was terrified at the number of people riding without helmets. I just dont understand why anyone would want to risk something so precious. I've been first on the scene at a motorcycle wreck, if that man had not had a helmet on he would have been dead when i reached him. One of the most terrifying and life changing things i have ever witnessed.
CoffeeLovinMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CoffeeLovinMama »

[quote="Playsinrain"]It's just like states that don't make it the law to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. even if its not the law that doesn't make it safe or something that you should do. We went to SC this summer and i was terrified at the number of people riding without helmets. I just dont understand why anyone would want to risk something so precious. I've been first on the scene at a motorcycle wreck, if that man had not had a helmet on he would have been dead when i reached him. One of the most terrifying and life changing things i have ever witnessed.[/quote

While I can see your view on the 4 wheeler thing, it makes me sick to my stomach that motorcycles do not have to use helmet or insurance for that matter. Riding at speeds of 65 or 35, its insane to not use a helmet. I was a Deputy, so I too have seen my fair share of deaths with motorcycle accidents. Two deaths my first day on the job. Very sad and heartbreaking when you have to notify the families.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

CoffeeLovinMama wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:It's just like states that don't make it the law to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. even if its not the law that doesn't make it safe or something that you should do. We went to SC this summer and i was terrified at the number of people riding without helmets. I just dont understand why anyone would want to risk something so precious. I've been first on the scene at a motorcycle wreck, if that man had not had a helmet on he would have been dead when i reached him. One of the most terrifying and life changing things i have ever witnessed.[/quote

While I can see your view on the 4 wheeler thing, it makes me sick to my stomach that motorcycles do not have to use helmet or insurance for that matter. Riding at speeds of 65 or 35, its insane to not use a helmet. I was a Deputy, so I too have seen my fair share of deaths with motorcycle accidents. Two deaths my first day on the job. Very sad and heartbreaking when you have to notify the families.
I would hope that seeing that sort of stuff would change your mind on the helmet while riding a 4 wheeler. No hate, just hoping to make you change your mind, you never know what could happen.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

My step cousin broke his neck on a 4 wheeler in their backyard, no helmet or safety gear. I believe the dog ran out in front of him and he flipped it trying to swerve out of the way. He survived but only barely. Helmets are a necessity, not an option
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

If you can prevent/reduce your risk of injury you should do so. As annoying as Cullen can be I'd hate for something bad to happen to him.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Regardless how good you are on the four wheeler, wear a helmet. I was surprised that Gaines didn't have more protection on.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Whether it's the law or not, always. always. always wear a helmet. Even if you think it's calm terrain and you're the best driver in the world. It's so easy to put a helmet on. It's not worth the risk riding without one.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

My husband was "bumped" at a stoplight and his bike fell over sideways. He hit his head and his helmet cracked. There really isn't a safe speed. If this were the case you wouldn't see toddlers wearing helmets on tricycles.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Oh and a good book to promote bike safety for kids is Mick Harte was Here.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Do you all _really_ believe that Gaines and Brooks are going to have "lifelong relationships" with Jackson and Calvin?
And they're not seeing things "through the lives of our children". They're seeing it all through a lens.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 1178e2.jpg[/img]

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

If Jared was going for a "lesbian from Whoville" aesthetic he's got it down.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:Do you all _really_ believe that Gaines and Brooks are going to have "lifelong relationships" with Jackson and Calvin?
And they're not seeing things "through the lives of our children". They're seeing it all through a lens.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 1178e2.jpg[/img]

Oh they will push it on those kids and leave them no choice but to be friends. I hate that no one acknowledges that personality can be a factor in friendship and that kids should be able to choose who they want to be friend with. This is like the whole cousins/siblings as best-friends thing....

I expect more from C&K.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Poor sweet Gaines. She kept looking at the camera like "get that thing out of my face." And to use your sick daughter as the thumbnail and click bait. Pathetic.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think it's ok that they foster and encourage relationships (friends.. lol) with the kids, i think it's something we all do at some point. We want our kids to be friends with our friends kids. I don't think they are forcing anything, as it seems like MG enjoyed playing with Jackson a lot, and she seemed much more relaxed around him than with Ollie. they don't seem to force her to play with Ollie or anyone she seems skeptical about. Distance will be a factor with these friendships, they aren't going to be playing with Jackson or Ollie everyday or forced to hang out with them every weekend bc the parents want to hang out. Once they both get in school they will make "real" friends and Jackson and Ollie will just be that friend they see a few times a year and get to play with. Sure they will have to play together when their parents are together, but it's not like they are forcing them into weekly play dates and not allowing them to hang out with other friends.
I feel torn bc while i love that Jackson is so sweet with Gaines and their personalities mesh well, i hate Ellie and Jared and wish that Cullen and Katie would not hang out with them I can stand B&M better than E&J. Sucks that Ollie is such a terror....
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I absolutely hate the thumbnail today. Gaines looks miserable.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”