Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

Unread post by Playsinrain »

BadWolf wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:This! Thank you. Rolling my eyes so hard how people bitch about how their animals are treated as they no doubt are eating animals multiple times a day.

But seriously, go vegan ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess everyone that likes to criticize what they feed their kids had better start proving that they feed their children an all organic, totally natural, preservative free, sugar free diet then :?

This whole argument is ridiculous. Whether you eat meat or not, it's about being informed. It seems that those that are critical are informed, and likely far more aware about animal rights and what they are ingesting, so the whole "do you know where your eggs come from?" criticism is probably moot. Simply put, people are missing the point! Its like saying that people shouldn't criticize Bryan and Missy for using paper plates because they used them once for camping. There is a difference between contributing to a problem (like environmental waste or mistreatment of animals) through ignorance and making excuses, and at least trying to minimize your footprint and be informed. Trying to be more informed about animal rights and humane treatment is NEVER a bad thing. It doesn't need to be an all or nothing thing. It starts with baby steps.

Lets see how many of you change are so quick to argue that Missy ignoring a horse is fine because at the least the horse wasn't sent over to China to be food. Luna being put in that cage all day is fine because if she was in a shelter she would be in a cage anyway. Running free and almost getting lost is fine because sometimes dogs get lost. It's all about attention and effort, and is Missy really capable of property caring for the animals she has? Many of us argue she is not.

Missy 100% got the chickens as pets. She wanted to give them cute names, buy a cute chicken coop, and show them off for the blog. Did she ever say it was because she eats a lot of eggs and believed that it was better to farm her own? Like everything else, Missy decided that chickens were harder than she remembered and the novelty is wearing off just like it does with everything else.
Bingo... i wish i could like this a million times..
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
The point we are trying to make to everyone is the chickens you eat everyday are abused, you might as well have abused them, you paid the farmer who sold them to the grocery store to abuse them... they come from absolute hell their entire lives until the day they die. Missy treats her chickens a hell of a lot better than the ones you eat everyday.

You are making an assumption about me, someone you don't watch everyday, while excusing someone we do watch everyday and want to actually discuss.

You don't know where I get my food, or what I eat. I'm actually vegan, and haven't eaten chicken in 10 years. Why? I met a chicken. Not everyone can and will go as far as I have, and attitudes like yours are why some people don't even try. Even meatless Mondays are a start, but I digress....

I didn't mention I was Vegan initial post because it doesn't make my opinion more valuable than others. You grow chickens... fantastic for you! You don't have a more valuable opinion either. If people don't like that Missy is a revolving door whereby animals come and go, then that's there prerogative. You've made your point repeatedly, now let others make theirs too and don't just shut it down or dismiss it.

There are children that are treated far worse than Oliver and Finn are, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to side-eye some of the ways they are treated and point out the ways that Bryan and Missy should be improving...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
This! Thank you. Rolling my eyes so hard how people bitch about how their animals are treated as they no doubt are eating animals multiple times a day.

But seriously, go vegan ImageImage

So like i said, do you expect me, as a meat eater to turn my head when i see animal abuse? Bc i won't, ever. That isn't solving any issue. Just bc i eat meat doesn't mean that i cannot stand up for an animal that is being mistreated. I have called the cops 3 times so far this summer on people locking dogs in hot cars, but i guess i should just let them die, since i eat meat. that's your logic...
When do the lumps abuse or lock their pets in hot cars? Yeah they aren't the best pet owners but they don't kill or maim their pets.

Oh and just to put it out there, i have witnessed on the vlog, Luna being locked in her cage for who knows how long without access to water. She gets let out of her cage and runs to the pool to lap up water like it was saving her life. That IS mistreatment to me. But they didn't kill her or maim her so thats all that matters i guess. They did kill the fish, but you also stuck up for her on that one too. :tu:
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Did she get a new band.. Her ring looks different

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

onbreak wrote:Did she get a new band.. Her ring looks different

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
She usually wears the band from her dad doesn't she? Is it that one, or is she maybe just wearing her wedding one again because of her anniversary?

I wouldn't put it past her to upgrade again though.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

so i've been catching up on some of their vlogs today since i am home from work sick and i have to say something here.

this family is completely unrelatable with their kids playing all day and going out to eat every single day. shopping and going here and there every single day. amusement parks and swimming pools and tiki huts at splash pads. i say this because my girlfriend was telling me how her four kids watch DB every morning and she says they love them but is starting to realize that she needs to take the ipad away and have them watch something else because her kids are now starting to ask to go get pizza all the time or get a pool or go shopping. i knew the DB blew money like it was coming out of their ears but ever since she told me this the other day it's stuck in my head and i can totally see it as i sit here and watch some of their most recent vlogs. i guess it doesn't really cross my mind because my kid doesn't watch this channel or any youtube channel at all but i do when i am in a mood lol.

do any of you ladies or gents feel like this channel while it may be family friendly is setting some pretty high expectations for your average everyday families that tune in to watch them? my husband and i both make great incomes but at the same time we are not out there spoiling our kid rotten etc.
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Okay, I started the chicken thing, so let me clarify things.

Yeah, I eat meat. I have times where I feel guilty about it, because I love animals. I do my best to get meat that was humanely treated, but I can't always afford it. But I still have my times where I think of the poor animals and feel REALLY guilty, but stopping meat cold turkey (pun I guess but I don't eat turkey) isn't simple as pie for everyone. So there's that. This board and discussion aren't about our eating habits, but since I have to clarify that, too...

If I ever owned a chicken, I would love it and keep it until its dying day. Eggs or no eggs. The eggs would be a bonus to me, but not the reason I have the chickens. They would be mine for as long as they're around. In fact, if I owned a chicken, I'd probably never eat any chicken again.

Then there's Missy. She doesn't just have chickens for the eggs, she clearly wanted them as pets to love and care for. You could tell by her previous attitude. Besides, as was said, she's gone weeks without collecting eggs before anyway.

Her getting rid of mean chickens or roosters isn't a big deal. That's valid. But she ALWAYS gets rid of pets. I don't know how much more to stress that. She gets bored of pets and either ignores them or gets rid of them (Luna in the cage, Zuri with Jimmy). I highly doubt she's going to keep those chickens for even a year more. If she does, then fine. But if she gets rid of all those chickens, STILL in their egg-laying years, that's proof that it was another pet she didn't have any interest in.

I'm not saying Missy is hanging chickens up in a factory after making them live in cramped squalor. I was just saying, pets are like objects to her. Don't like it? Chuck it to the curb, even though you wanted it so badly before you realized it wouldn't fill the hole inside of you. Her detachment is scary to see. Claire was hers, Leo was hers, Zuri was hers, the chickens are hers (and I'm sorry, you can tell she isn't all about them as much as she used to be), Luna is hers and ignored, and even Karma isn't as loved as he used to be. She's an empty person who cycles things out of her life and forgets them in a matter of months, because nothing is satisfying her. I see all the chickens being next, and that's not ok for someone who acts like she loves animals and they're all her babies.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I know it's not a lot, but the way they waste gas just riding that mower in circles pissed me off. Our yard guy always brought his own mower, so maybe their landscaper told them to get stuffed. Judging by the pool guy interactions, it wouldn't surprise me.
And yes, judging by the comments on the vlogs, I agree that they are setting up extremely unreasonable expectations for kids. They have no education and no real marketable skills, and they have all this disposable income and act as if it grows on trees. Any little kids watching have no idea what things cost or how much work goes into earning money.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bcfryeof2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcfryeof2 »

lmmomSD wrote:I know it's not a lot, but the way they waste gas just riding that mower in circles pissed me off. Our yard guy always brought his own mower, so maybe their landscaper told them to get stuffed. Judging by the pool guy interactions, it wouldn't surprise me.
And yes, judging by the comments on the vlogs, I agree that they are setting up extremely unreasonable expectations for kids. They have no education and no real marketable skills, and they have all this disposable income and act as if it grows on trees. Any little kids watching have no idea what things cost or how much work goes into earning money.

They waste a lot of stuff. I have called them out before, for their big waste of water. That really gets me, living in always in drought California. You Tube won't last forever and neither will the money.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msrubeus »

theg0ssiping1 wrote:so i've been catching up on some of their vlogs today since i am home from work sick and i have to say something here.

this family is completely unrelatable with their kids playing all day and going out to eat every single day. shopping and going here and there every single day. amusement parks and swimming pools and tiki huts at splash pads. i say this because my girlfriend was telling me how her four kids watch DB every morning and she says they love them but is starting to realize that she needs to take the ipad away and have them watch something else because her kids are now starting to ask to go get pizza all the time or get a pool or go shopping. i knew the DB blew money like it was coming out of their ears but ever since she told me this the other day it's stuck in my head and i can totally see it as i sit here and watch some of their most recent vlogs. i guess it doesn't really cross my mind because my kid doesn't watch this channel or any youtube channel at all but i do when i am in a mood lol.

do any of you ladies or gents feel like this channel while it may be family friendly is setting some pretty high expectations for your average everyday families that tune in to watch them? my husband and i both make great incomes but at the same time we are not out there spoiling our kid rotten etc.
I have to say that their lifestyle looks pretty exhausting and I wouldn't want anything to do with it. My family takes a vacation once every couple years at best, and even though we also have the income to give our daughter a much more lavish existence and spoil her rotten, I have no desire to do so. I spend most days playing at home with my two year old and we have a couple of play dates a week with other kids. We go to the zoo, local museums and playgrounds etc. And it's plenty fulfilling and entertaining. Hopefully that will continue to be enough for her. I don't watch Daily Bumps with her in the room anymore because she's starting to understand it a lot more, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
bcfryeof2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcfryeof2 »

msrubeus wrote:
theg0ssiping1 wrote:so i've been catching up on some of their vlogs today since i am home from work sick and i have to say something here.

I have to say that their lifestyle looks pretty exhausting and I wouldn't want anything to do with it. My family takes a vacation once every couple years at best, and even though we also have the income to give our daughter a much more lavish existence and spoil her rotten, I have no desire to do so. I spend most days playing at home with my two year old and we have a couple of play dates a week with other kids. We go to the zoo, local museums and playgrounds etc. And it's plenty fulfilling and entertaining. Hopefully that will continue to be enough for her. I don't watch Daily Bumps with her in the room anymore because she's starting to understand it a lot more, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
My kids are older, but thankfully the lumps weren't around when they were younger. I would never want my kids to think that was normal. Ollie is going to be trouble as a teen and he wants everything.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

What exactly do people want Missy to do with her mean chickens? They're not like dogs who just need training and rehabilitation, and get attached to their home. It would be different if she was getting rid of them for no real reason, but that's a valid excuse to me.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But when she started talking about getting rid of chickens, the first reason she gave was that she had too many. And then went on to talk about the mean ones, and said she wasn't getting rid of them yet because some of the chicks might be roosters. So she may not be getting rid of the "mean" ones at all. So that implies to me that she got all these chickens, and now there are too many, and they're crowded and stressed and "too much work". So it's not because they're mean. It's because it's too much trouble. Very typical Missy.

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

It's probably a combination of not enough space and wanting to get rid of them anyway. I feel like 'not enough space' is kind of just her excuse to get rid of them. But in my opinion I think it totally makes sense to get rid of the mean chickens/roosters, so I don't see the problem either way.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

i feel like this thread will never see the end of the chicken debate
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

To me, the not enough room excuse isn't valid. Only Bc we all know they could easily afford another coop the same size and split the flock. Too much work, seems more like the issue to me. And no I don't care or mind if she get rid of the aggressive roosters, that is also a valid reason to get rid of them. Space and the amount of work they take are not valid excuses. She has (figuratively) all the time and the money in the world to spend on those chickens.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And "too many" was the first reason she gave. She may not get rid of the "mean" ones at all, depending on how many roosters she has.

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

These youtubers like DB and E&J are definitely setting high expectations for kids watching them. I honestly think the kids watching this are being set up for a huge credit card debt in their future. That is not normal, and I feel bad for the parents who let their kids watch this. My family was very frugal, my parents didnt make much, but we were pretty happy with how we lived. They spent extra and saved where they could so we can go to a Montessori school from K-12. We got "financial aid" at school, but the kids I grew up with were quite wealthy, some spoiled, some okay, and I got jealous of huge birthday parties, and I just couldnt imagine watching DB as a young kid and the hell i'd put my parents through with even higher expectations than I already had for my friends' birthdays..Anyway, I dont let my kids watch youtube, or much tv. Occasionally yes, but not any vloggers. There are no teachable moments in the vlogs. I watch because it's a guilty pleasure. I found Missy through her loss videos, when I was going through my own raw stillbirth heart ache.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

amyfalafal wrote:

These youtubers like DB and E&J are definitely setting high expectations for kids watching them. I honestly think the kids watching this are being set up for a huge credit card debt in their future. That is not normal, and I feel bad for the parents who let their kids watch this. My family was very frugal, my parents didnt make much, but we were pretty happy with how we lived. They spent extra and saved where they could so we can go to a Montessori school from K-12. We got "financial aid" at school, but the kids I grew up with were quite wealthy, some spoiled, some okay, and I got jealous of huge birthday parties, and I just couldnt imagine watching DB as a young kid and the hell i'd put my parents through with even higher expectations than I already had for my friends' birthdays..Anyway, I dont let my kids watch youtube, or much tv. Occasionally yes, but not any vloggers. There are no teachable moments in the vlogs. I watch because it's a guilty pleasure. I found Missy through her loss videos, when I was going through my own raw stillbirth heart ache.
Just a conspiracy theory but what if a major credit card company is sponsoring DB all the time to set the next generation up for debt? dun dun dun..
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

idk how to stress more that my problem with Missy is how she gets bored with pets and abandons them, but I think that's enough of the Great Chicken Debate of 2017 lol

Return to “Daily Bumps”