Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by Pency »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Pency wrote:Every time Ellie has something done to herself, we get to talk about it for MONTHS. It was her eyebrows, now her hair. You got a few inches cut off your hair, Ellie. We can stop talking about it now.
Ugh. I totally agree with you, and I hate that I'm somewhat defending Ellie yet again, but I probably would be a bit doubtful of my decision to cut my hair too if my husband said, "The longer your hair is, the more I love you." Image Definitely not necessary to vlog about every single day...but I can somewhat see where her constant need to affirm herself about the decision is coming from.
Jared said that and he wasn't kidding? That's a little unbelievable.
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Sorry to get completely random and OT, but I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed on here. What do you guys think about E+J calling their in laws "mom and dad"? Do you do the same/think it's sweet, or do you think it's weird? Is it a Mormon thing?
I've always thought it's a common thing in the US? I personally thinks it's weird, but I'm an European. I would only call my inlaws mom and dad as a some sort of joke.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

thanksalatte wrote:Of course Jackson has private swimming lessons :roll:
I dont understand the problem. I put mine in private swimming lessons. I am scared of water and i wanted him to have 100%attention. I think its great to do private lessons.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I have no problem with private swimming lessons, but what in the holy hell was Ellie talking about when she said "Jackson had a little trouble because we had to do things differently since we were coming to a public swimming pool rather than our regular swimming spot"????
justkidding
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justkidding »

Rullakebab wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Sorry to get completely random and OT, but I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed on here. What do you guys think about E+J calling their in laws "mom and dad"? Do you do the same/think it's sweet, or do you think it's weird? Is it a Mormon thing?
I've always thought it's a common thing in the US? I personally thinks it's weird, but I'm an European. I would only call my inlaws mom and dad as a some sort of joke.
It isn't a US thing. Look at DB, CK, others. Some families do it. Others don't. I wasn't ever comfortable doing it & none of my siblings ever did. It appears to be consistent in the Griffith family. I haven't been able to tell whether it goes to all the Mecham in-laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

There's a family I came across online and one of the daughters looks strikingly like what I imagine Baby Girl Mecham to look like. Anyone else see it?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... f3bb6e.jpg[/img]
Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

Rullakebab wrote:

I'm from the US and it's definitely not the norm everywhere. My ILs are called by their name. I have parents.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

actuallydear wrote:There's a family I came across online and one of the daughters looks strikingly like what I imagine Baby Girl Mecham to look like. Anyone else see it?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... f3bb6e.jpg[/img]
Yes! Reminds me of Calvin and Kate morphed together. We'll have to come back and compare to this picture if they have a girl! The drama lover in me wants them to have a girl to see the psychological changes in Ellie, and how/if she changes her treatment of Calvin. But the drama lover in me also wants to see them have a third boy to see if Calvin really is the golden child or if any child who's not the youngest is just old news. Ellie is the youngest, after all!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Rullakebab wrote:
I still call my ex-MIL "mom", but that's the kind of person she is, and the relationship we have. _Everyone_ called my parents mom and dad. But my BFF would never in a million years call her in-laws mom and dad. It's common in the US, but not universal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

I call my MIL and late FIL Mom & Dad.

All the other in-laws call them Mr. and Mrs. (Last name). I thought that was weird, but it felt disrespectul to call them by their first names since no one else did.

I call my own parents Mommy and Daddy (All my siblings do. We know it's weird, but we dont care. We are very close). Calling them Mom and Dad just seemed like a compromise; it's respectful, but less formal than Mr. and Mrs. It is not the norm per say, but not unheard of in the US.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

zipadeedodah wrote:
smellycat801 wrote:Yikes. She looks way older than Katie.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 84c11a.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
that is crazy. How old is Katie? 33 or 34 I think. Ellie looks so damn OLD!!!!
My daughter asked her bf which was 26 and which was 34 and he did not hesitate and said Ellie was 34. My daughter is 27 and her bf is 28.

WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

Pency wrote:...what in the holy hell was Ellie talking about when she said...????
Literally what you can ask every time Ellie opens her mouth!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
thanksalatte
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thanksalatte »

canmom2 wrote:
thanksalatte wrote:Of course Jackson has private swimming lessons :roll:
I dont understand the problem. I put mine in private swimming lessons. I am scared of water and i wanted him to have 100%attention. I think its great to do private lessons.
I didn't mean that they're bad, just that it seems like sit was a one-up to Bonnie. Maybe I read too far into it.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Quiet down with your fun dinosaur game outside in the middle of summer with your cousins so I can talk to youtube people about getting two inches cut off my hair.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What on Earth does Jared mean by this? It's not some HBO series with a cliffhanger season finale. He's getting more delusional as time goes on.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 135497.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Breaking news from IG!!!!

Ellie has a stye on her eye! Expect to see it featured heavily in tomorrow's vlog.

Everyone keep Ellie in your prayers during this difficult time
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

She'll dig it out by midnight.. Dr pimple popper style.. New audience potential

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:Breaking news from IG!!!!

Ellie has a stye on her eye! Expect to see it featured heavily in tomorrow's vlog.

Everyone keep Ellie in your prayers during this difficult time Image
Possibly a trip to the ER?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Breaking news from IG!!!!

Everyone keep Ellie in your prayers during this difficult time Image
Possibly a trip to the ER?
Chiropractor first

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

I don't have an issue with people calling their in laws mom and dad...but for some reason E&J saying it just comes off disingenuous. How long had they known each other before they started doing it? Everything is forced with these two. "If I call my in laws mom and dad, we'll be that much closer". So calculated.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”