Samika Vlogs. Part #2

ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

bam wrote:i was hoping to see a samika+hoellein interaction especially when i saw them seated next to each other at the resto. i think jen's personality would match better with bonnie's than ellie's.
I was hoping that, too! Also, C+K seem more relaxed around Samika, compared to when they're with the Lumps and E+J, understandably so. Both Katie and Jenn are smart, educated and well- mannered ladies.

Overall, I always enjoyed watching Samika, although I didn't watch them as regularly as E+J. But now I'm looking forward to every Samika vlog, they've always stayed authentic and humble. Most other vloggers just get on my nerves and I either hate- watch or watch because of the kids (E+J for instance, Jackson is precious). Can't wait for them to start fresh in Arizona, those vlogs are going to be interesting and I hope it gets them more views, they deserve it!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I feel so bad for them losing out on that rental house. That REALLY has to be rough. They've had a pretty tough time since PJ was born and Shay dropped them from Trixin. They really are a nice family!!! It makes me mad that the terrible family vloggers seem to get EVERYTHING so easily and nice people like Sam and Jenn can't even find a house to rent after TWO trips to Phoenix.

I am wondering if they have some credit/money issues, otherwise most people rent to the first people who apply and qualify.

I'd be so stressed in their situation. They have to move out and have no place to go??!??! Moving is stressful enough without all these sorts of issues - and it sounds like a lot of extra $$$ spent.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I wonder if his dad co-signing the agreement would help.
It was so great how he said that it's ok to be frustrated, and that life sometimes gives you disappointments, and that you don't have to be happy all the time. Unlike some people who pretend that their lives are perfect and everything is SO FUN.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
scottishcherry
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scottishcherry »

gosh, I really do feel bad for them! It must be a stressful situation to be in. Seems like the nicest people always get dealt the bad hand.

I wonder if they've maybe realised that their YouTube career isn't forever? Especially with their loss/stagnation of growth of their channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scottishcherry
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scottishcherry »

gosh, I really do feel bad for them! It must be a stressful situation to be in. Seems like the nicest people always get dealt the bad hand.

I wonder if they've maybe realised that their YouTube career isn't forever? Especially with their loss/stagnation of growth of their channel

Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

Awwww, I feel so bad for them. Well, they could always rent an apartment short term while looking for a rental home. At least that would get them out of Utah and to Arizona.

I just wonder if their choice of career isn't throwing up some 'hurdles.' It's a new and very strange career that could go away at any moment. Maybe that's what is being scrutinized in the application process. According to Social Blade their yearly income is around $27,000 and of course brand deals, etc. But it's not income that's steady and it's fluctuating all the time. I probably wouldn't want to rent to a 'youtuber' either, sorry to say.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

idk how renting goes in the US but do they consider your occupation when you apply for a rental? it's times like this when i wonder if sam getting a job is an option for them.

also, why don't they check out SLC first? i know they want to get away from the cold but looking for a house out of state is hard and they're just throwing money away (you guys have application fees? geez)

and i agree with you all. the horrible, obnoxious, and fake people always seem to get all the youtube luck. i just hope samika's time is near, whether it be on youtube or a real world job.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yes, they do look at your job security when they are deciding whether or not to rent to you in the US. They run a credit check, and that's why it costs money to apply. And if you have a sketchy employment history, people will be hesitant to rent to you. It's really hard to actually evict someone, and landlords don't want to be trapped in a lease with someone who can't pay. I had just started a new job when I moved once, and had to have my brother co-sign my lease.

bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

^Oh...then maybe that is why they didn't get the house. i mean, other yters rent too but they obviously rake in more yt money. if they really want to push through with this move and their application gets turned down again, i agree that having doug co-sign their lease would be their best option.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I wish they could catch a break! I really hope it all works out.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

awww they were so excited in today's vlog <3 i hope this house finally works out for them.

omg they have so many trips planned :o
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

Telling by his tweets, I think they got the house! I'm really happy for them; they deserve a fresh start.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

The idea of them leaving Tau's family makes me so sad. I feel a little ridiculous. It doesn't seem like Tau's family is moving like they'd thought before.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:The idea of them leaving Tau's family makes me so sad. I feel a little ridiculous. It doesn't seem like Tau's family is moving like they'd thought before.
They're not going to Wisconsin after all? I wonder what happened. The friendship between Noah and Tau was so sweet. What a bummer to have to say goodbye again.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I think they were suppose to be gone by now, right? Plus Sam was saying they would be back in Utah alot. That doesn't make it seem like they're going anywhere.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

I think they are moving to Minnesota, no? Sam said they spend a lot of time in California and so does Samika. They will still meet up!
Cutie_Acinom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cutie_Acinom »

I'm curious if Sam and Jenn had signed onto a network if they would be doing better?
This move will definitely help them but they will have to get out there more and film different things other than just the house.
Sam and Jenn seem like kind people who want to make an honest dollar but if they are going to continue on yt they are going to have to start doing more than just daily vlogging.
Not the biggest fan of db anymore but I do agree they know how to stay relevant. Challenges, weird tricks, click bait is what they will have to do to continue on yt. Or someone is going to be looking for a job very soon to supplement the income being lost which may actually make for better footage. Time will soon tell sadly.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Cutie_Acinom wrote:I'm curious if Sam and Jenn had signed onto a network if they would be doing better?
This move will definitely help them but they will have to get out there more and film different things other than just the house.
Sam and Jenn seem like kind people who want to make an honest dollar but if they are going to continue on yt they are going to have to start doing more than just daily vlogging.
Not the biggest fan of db anymore but I do agree they know how to stay relevant. Challenges, weird tricks, click bait is what they will have to do to continue on yt. Or someone is going to be looking for a job very soon to supplement the income being lost which may actually make for better footage. Time will soon tell sadly.

I don't necessarily think they need a network to help them out, look at Bonnie Hoellein and 8 passengers. They don't have networks and they are raking in the money. Sam and Jen need to learn how to market themselves better and they need to do something to make their vlogs more interesting because they're a nice family but I find their vlogs to be really boring and I don't think you need to be controversial or cater to kids to do that. They need to learn their demographic and cater to it.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I've noticed that family vloggers, specifically the ones where the "dad/husband" does most of the filming and editing are going down in views in general. Look at Bonnie, ever since Joel took over and they turned into "family vloggers" their views have really gone down. E+J are going down as well. I find the "mommy vloggers" are becoming more popular and getting a rise in views. Moms want to see the everyday routines, one or both parents working outside of the home....something relatable. I think that's why ruby is more popular, aaryn Williams is becoming more popular (racist girl from big brother is now a mommy vlogger)

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

gymchick43 wrote:I've noticed that family vloggers, specifically the ones where the "dad/husband" does most of the filming and editing are going down in views in general. Look at Bonnie, ever since Joel took over and they turned into "family vloggers" their views have really gone down. E+J are going down as well. I find the "mommy vloggers" are becoming more popular and getting a rise in views. Moms want to see the everyday routines, one or both parents working outside of the home....something relatable. I think that's why ruby is more popular, aaryn Williams is becoming more popular (racist girl from big brother is now a mommy vlogger)

I know Sam is the better editor, but what you said seems to be true. They could probably really benefit from Sam getting a job outside of youtube, for a secure income, and Jen taking up vlogging & going to a MWF schedule. They'd get more views, it'd give her more time edit, and they'd have a back up if youtube fizzles out.

Return to “Q-Z”