2011OverdramaticThumbnails (2011TeenageMom) - Part 39

ihateliars
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011OverdramaticThumbnails (2011TeenageMom) - Part 39

Unread post by ihateliars »

^exactly! Not once has V mentioned the medical side of it all, she has never said it was her reason either. Like I said I guess there is one but my impression was that it was all because of bullying and the way she looks. It really comes off like this mother wants to change her young child, shame on V for not being informative.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

Newest vlog....after having this surgery V has decided to not do the surgery to pin back Lily's ears. She said perhaps when Lily is older and can understand the surgery or when she is an adult. She is going to have a few other medically necessary surgeries.
colemanl1997
Talker
Talker

Unread post by colemanl1997 »

lizpuff2006 wrote:Newest vlog....after having this surgery V has decided to not do the surgery to pin back Lily's ears. She said perhaps when Lily is older and can understand the surgery or when she is an adult. She is going to have a few other medically necessary surgeries.
I was pleasantly surprised with this video I'm glad that she has come to terms with the fact that some cosmetic procedures offered to lily are not necessary and aren't worth the pain. Loved seeing her in this video she's such a sweetheart and seems to be coping so well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
applebutter_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by applebutter_dreams »

So about the new video... I think that the bitch is lying through her teeth.

She isn't pinning Lily's ears back because she doesn't want to pay out of pocket and because she got so much shit for the neck surgery on here and elsewhere. Because she said, and I QUOTE, that the medically necessary surgery was her ears because of the noise issue. That the neck surgery was purely cosmetic. Oh, but now it suddenly is the other way around? Fuck you, Vanessa. We are not stupid.

Personally, if I had to choose I would have done her ears. Yes it is a more complicated surgery but Lily's ears are WAY more noticeable than her neck was. If she was smart, she would have gotten her ears taken care of when Lily was a year old so she wouldn't remember. But I guess I don't know how painful it is, so maybe I am wrong.

I do want to add that I don't necessarily think either was necessary. I just feel so badly for Lily. She got dealt a bad hand, with her shitty parents and having TS.

Also she is microblading her eyebrows? What, so she can have permanent triangles on her face? Her eyeshadow was a freaking mess, her eyes are hooded and it was transferring all over her crease.

Okay, I'm done now.
In the end, we're all just dreams...
:love2:
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

Why would she do her neck before her tonsils?

Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Honestly, I respect her for her lastest sit down. 100%. Anytime your child is under general anesthesia there is a risk. Is that risk worth it? Combined with the painful recovery... I don't think so, but that is just MY OPINION.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

It's a nice surprise that V changed her mind about the ears surgery, I guess saying her daughter in pain made her realize that some things are more important that physical appearance and as she said the assurance approved the neck surgery because there was a medical reason behind it which was not the case for Lily's ears so i am happy to see V be more mature about it because cosmetic or not, a surgery is a surgery...
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

I feel like the ear surgery is a tough call to make, so I'll respect Vanessa's decision either way. But I liked her latest video, she's matured so much from her real teenage mom days.
Jeybee27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jeybee27 »

applebutter_dreams wrote:So about the new video... I think that the bitch is lying through her teeth.

She isn't pinning Lily's ears back because she doesn't want to pay out of pocket and because she got so much shit for the neck surgery on here and elsewhere. Because she said, and I QUOTE, that the medically necessary surgery was her ears because of the noise issue. That the neck surgery was purely cosmetic. Oh, but now it suddenly is the other way around? Fuck you, Vanessa. We are not stupid.

Personally, if I had to choose I would have done her ears. Yes it is a more complicated surgery but Lily's ears are WAY more noticeable than her neck was. If she was smart, she would have gotten her ears taken care of when Lily was a year old so she wouldn't remember. But I guess I don't know how painful it is, so maybe I am wrong.

I do want to add that I don't necessarily think either was necessary. I just feel so badly for Lily. She got dealt a bad hand, with her shitty parents and having TS.

Also she is microblading her eyebrows? What, so she can have permanent triangles on her face? Her eyeshadow was a freaking mess, her eyes are hooded and it was transferring all over her crease.

Okay, I'm done now.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought that the only reason she's not doing it is because she has to pay for it out of pocket, if the surgery was covered she would've done it in a heart beat without thinking about the pain or the aftercare.

Also if you're breastfeeding can you get your eyebrows microbladed??? I wouldn't know but I saw someone comment that you can't lol
saymyname123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by saymyname123 »

When I heard that insurance didn't wanna pay for the ears... I stopped watching! lol I'm not buying all the BS that was the reason. End. Of. Story.

Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

This might sound bad but I feel like it was the fact that insurance wouldn't cover it that made her change her mind about it. Why wait for her to be bullied and feel down about it to before doing something about it? Just saying.. if my ears looked like that I would be thankful if my parents got the surgery done when I was young. Sure recovery is gruesome but it's temporary.

Ps. Damn her hair/eyebrows/nails/makeup look awful. I know she's trying but damn lol.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Snow White wrote:I firmly believe the negativity surrounding Lily's neck surgery is 100% a result of the way in which Vanessa presented it. For YEARS she failed to mention ANY medical benefit. In the beginning it was presented 100% as a cosmetic surgery that Vanessa wanted for Lily. Same with her ears.
If she had approached these surgeries with any maturity, at all, I don't think people would question her as severely now & doubt her intentions.
I hate to hold Vanessa's views, comments, & opinions from 2-4 years ago against her now, like we all grow and mature and all that shit, but she's never addressed her past views. She's never addressed the stupid shit spewed, she's never HONEST, even now. (She's a picker, no it's a condition) Even if I didn't agree with her, I would respect her more if she was Honest about these surgeries. She's intentionally staying in a grey area in regards to the neck & ear's. I would like to see her acknowledge her past views and comments and compare them to her feelings now. Is the main focus medical or cosmetic? Is it 60%-40%??
She's talking to you

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

But wait...I thought the pinning of the ear was in fact medically necessary? Of were you lying about that V?
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

"A lot of people may not know this but when you have cosmetic surgery it's not just like 'oh give me the surgery and then I wake up all pretty and different' no it is gruesome it is scary it is surgery"

no DUH!! Who doesn't know cosmetic surgery is painful?!?

"We spoke to the cosmetic surgeon and we spoke to her plastic surgeon"

Ok V lol ok
Dhatkat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Dhatkat »

Mel1011 wrote:This might sound bad but I feel like it was the fact that insurance wouldn't cover it that made her change her mind about it. Why wait for her to be bullied and feel down about it to before doing something about it? Just saying.. if my ears looked like that I would be thankful if my parents got the surgery done when I was young. Sure recovery is gruesome but it's temporary.

Ps. Damn her hair/eyebrows/nails/makeup look awful. I know she's trying but damn lol.
Completely agree with you my parents never got my ears pinned back and I wish they would've. I will be getting my daughters ears pinned back when she's 5 I wouldn't want my child to be bullied about it. I don't understand V why wait for lily to have low selfsteem and get laughed at

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk
Jwhite_momof4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jwhite_momof4 »

Purely cosmetic or otherwise, if it was my child, I would have her ear pinned back. I would wait a year or so, then do it. The physical pain of recovery is temporary but the emotional wounds of being bullied can last a lifetime.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Jwhite_momof4 wrote:Purely cosmetic or otherwise, if it was my child, I would have her ear pinned back. I would wait a year or so, then do it. The physical pain of recovery is temporary but the emotional wounds of being bullied can last a lifetime.

Exactly, and as painful as surgery recovery is kids recover faster and easier than adults.

mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Im confused with you guys, or is it two seperate groups with two seperate opinions. People bashing V for getting the neck surgery just for cosmetic reasons but saying she is stupid for not getting her ears pinned back. Is it two seperate groups or the same people?
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

mydietsucks_1 wrote:Im confused with you guys, or is it two seperate groups with two seperate opinions. People bashing V for getting the neck surgery just for cosmetic reasons but saying she is stupid for not getting her ears pinned back. Is it two seperate groups or the same people?
Probably different groups and different opinions on different things. Being pro webbed neck surgery doesn't mean you have to be pro ears pinned back surgery. I think she did good getting the neck surgery and should also get the ears surgery.
Elviraa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elviraa »

I must be the only one but if it were my child I would have got the surgery and would highly consider the ear surgery also. I don't see why the insurance doesn't consider the ear surgery to be a health problem being the situation she explained about sound. Maybe she could get the doctors to better explain that to them if she ever does consider it again. I feel so bad for lily having to go through the pain also though but in the long run she will not remember it at all and I'm sure she will be pleased that her mom got it done. Bullying is a big deal now a days in schools and knowing that my child would have to deal with those issues and I could have fixed it for her but didn't would bother me so bad. But hey that's just me and we all have our own opinions so whatever Vanessa chooses I would understand completely bc There is pros and cons either way.

Return to “2011teenagemom”