Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Daily"Oll"AboutOllie (Daily Bumps) - Part 92

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tml43 wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:How full of themselves can they be? I kept rolling my eyes as Missy was explaining how they had to make sure the school they chose understood that there were to be no pictures taken with ollie, no autographs, kids couldn't hand him items....they really think they are royalty don't they??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I burst out laughing SO HARD
Autographs? They're FOUR.

And Missy did a car rant about finding one gray hair a few months back. Had to go on and on about it and how coarse and wiry it was, yadayayada. Definitely eye--rolling. Funny how she freaks out about gray hairs, but won't put some lotion on those forehead wrinkles. She and Bryan are so vain about the oddest things. They have time and resources to be super healthy _and_ look great, but they're so lazy and superficial.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by onbreak »

Johnson fam goes to the same school.. Think they have the same stipulations??

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kittypurry »

Missy: "I don't think, at this age, I could teach him what he needs to know"

it took four years but Missy finally caught on! Just take out that "at this age" part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

All the kids in Ollie's class will be the same age. Do they think those kids are going to whip out iPhones for pictures and notebooks for autographs??? And the teachers probably don't know who he is. He won't even be around the older students...he'll be in his classroom the whole time. They sure think they have Justin Bieber for a son.

I think "small 300 foot room" is as low, snobby, and full of themselves they can get...and then they always surprise me. I wish they'd get their heads out of...the clouds. Yes...clouds...that's definitely where I think their heads are ;)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

So are they going to expect all the other parents to avoid taking pics with Ollie in them at events as well? Parents tend to want to take pics of their kids and their friends. I don't see Oliver getting invited to many birthday parties with an attitude like that.

I can only imagine what those parents will think if they are told to respect Ollie's privacy while knowing that his parents are putting his image out daily.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:So are they going to expect all the other parents to avoid taking pics with Ollie in them at events as well? Parents tend to want to take pics of their kids and their friends. I don't see Oliver getting invited to many birthday parties with an attitude like that.

I can only imagine what those parents will think if they are told to respect Ollie's privacy while knowing that his parents are putting his image out daily.
But, like, you know the parents are probably not even going to know who Ollie is. So they won't understand the whole privacy issue...and even though B&M "want privacy", they're going to explain who they are and pimp out their channel. Because they want ~privacy~ for their famous son, but also want more fame :roll: I feel like they're just doing it to make themselves seem famous and sought after, meanwhile they would probably love it if Ollie was swarmed for pictures and autographs.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

The bullying question...guess she's unaware that her own kid may be a bully!! If he bosses around and pushes around his own brother, how is he going to be around kids he doesn't know!?
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

kittypurry wrote:Missy: "I don't think, at this age, I could teach him what he needs to know"

ImageImageImage it took four years but Missy finally caught on! Just take out that "at this age" part Image

But then she said something like, "at least at this point." Implying that they might revisit the homeschooling idea later. Because if she can't teach him what he needs to know now, she's really going to be able to do it when he's in elementary school...sigh.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MamaJoAnna wrote:The bullying question...guess she's unaware that her own kid may be a bully!! If he bosses around and pushes around his own brother, how is he going to be around kids he doesn't know!?
Bullying can be so much more than pushy behaviour as well. Some kids are sensitive to others in their space, and we've seen many times that Ollie gets in MG or Jackson's faces. He has no awareness about respect for others. This can and will be viewed as bullying for some, and any "hands on" is going to be corrected until he j understands he needs to let the others be.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

I was thinking if my kids was in school with someone I was warned not to take pictures of I wouldn't want my kid to have anything to do with that kid. I would also look up / Google who in the world it was. I can imagine a class newsletter going out with the dos and donts regarding prince Ollie

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

cat9480 wrote:
kittypurry wrote:Missy: "I don't think, at this age, I could teach him what he needs to know"

ImageImageImage it took four years but Missy finally caught on! Just take out that "at this age" part Image

But then she said something like, "at least at this point." Implying that they might revisit the homeschooling idea later. Because if she can't teach him what he needs to know now, she's really going to be able to do it when he's in elementary school...sigh.

Seriously. This age is easy, honestly. She could teach him colors, shapes, numbers, letters, etc. easy as pie if she tried. She could have done so for the past 2 years. If she thinks she can't do that, how does she expect to teach him things like division, multiplication, US history, earth science, proper grammar, etc.? I hope they never pull him out of school...but part of me thinks he'll be out after a week because he "didn't like it". And as we know B&M, if their child doesn't like something for 5 seconds, they give in immediately.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tnchk1187 wrote:I was thinking if my kids was in school with someone I was warned not to take pictures of I wouldn't want my kid to have anything to do with that kid. I would also look up / Google who in the world it was. I can imagine a class newsletter going out with the dos and donts regarding prince Ollie

If Ollie is going to private school, then his parents are probably going to be among the less educated parents in the class. Many of the other parents will be. Haines professionals like doctor's, lawyers, etc, and unlikely to be impressed by the Lannings. I foresee a lot of Missy and Bryan's high school insecurities coming back once they realize they aren't in with the "main crowd"....

And as a private school parent myself, trust me when I say... they won't be.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

tintin15 wrote:
cat9480 wrote:

Seriously. This age is easy, honestly. She could teach him colors, shapes, numbers, letters, etc. easy as pie if she tried. She could have done so for the past 2 years. If she thinks she can't do that, how does she expect to teach him things like division, multiplication, US history, earth science, proper grammar, etc.? I hope they never pull him out of school...but part of me thinks he'll be out after a week because he "didn't like it". And as we know B&M, if their child doesn't like something for 5 seconds, they give in immediately.
I think she meant he wouldn't pay attention to her if she were to sit down and try to teach him. Ollie doesn't respect either of his parents. Sh still doesn't get that you can learn through play and every day life.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

"I'm making dinner for me and Bryan.."

Wtf so what did the kids eat? They ate separately? Bryan came home late from his job so missy sent the kids to bed. Lmao. So so so sad.

I like how the kept saying they missed Ollie...AND Finn. Like it's such a burden to miss Finn too

MinitaX
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by MinitaX »

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Hello to all the preschool parents/nannies who found us!!!

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

HelloSweetie wrote:
tnchk1187 wrote:I was thinking if my kids was in school with someone I was warned not to take pictures of I wouldn't want my kid to have anything to do with that kid. I would also look up / Google who in the world it was. I can imagine a class newsletter going out with the dos and donts regarding prince Ollie

If Ollie is going to private school, then his parents are probably going to be among the less educated parents in the class. Many of the other parents will be. Haines professionals like doctor's, lawyers, etc, and unlikely to be impressed by the Lannings. I foresee a lot of Missy and Bryan's high school insecurities coming back once they realize they aren't in with the "main crowd"....

It's hard. We sacrificed a lot to send our children to a private preschool for 2 years, and it was worth it for the education they received and how prepared they were entering elementary school; however, we drive cars from '98. We don't go into debt for things. If we can't pay for it right out, we don't get it. It's hard when you're in carline, tape holding up your sideview mirror for a month until you can pay to have it repaired, sitting behind an Escalade...and in front of another Escalade...which is in front of a Mercedes, etc, etc. My children are well dressed, clean, well mannered, and intelligent. We don't keep up with the Joneses, but in certain environments, you stand out.
The Lannings have the material things that the other families may have, but they lack the class.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I still feel bad for Ollie, being thrust into school with no knowledge and very little experience with other kids. His discomfort at his party was palpable...I can't imagine a classroom full of loud kids with no escape for at least a couple hours is going to be good for him.

That doesn't mean I'm giving B&M permission to pull him out of school. Just saying...he should have had some socialization before this, beyond one party a year.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I honestly don't think she meant no pictures of Ollie period. I think she just meant no "celeb selfies" or autograph requests.
She doesn't want kids/parents asking for a million pictures with her kid or a ton of gifts being given to him. I really don't think she meant no school pictures or classroom activity pics that include Ollie.

But I think she is overestimating how "famous" they are. Sure, there will be a few star struck kids the first week. There'll be a couple kids following him around because they recognize him. But it won't last long. The kids will treat Ollie the same as everyone else when the novelty of his "fame" wears off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Edenberry wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

It's hard. We sacrificed a lot to send our children to a private preschool for 2 years, and it was worth it for the education they received and how prepared they were entering elementary school; however, we drive cars from '98. We don't go into debt for things. If we can't pay for it right out, we don't get it. It's hard when you're in carline, tape holding up your sideview mirror for a month until you can pay to have it repaired, sitting behind an Escalade...and in front of another Escalade...which is in front of a Mercedes, etc, etc. My children are well dressed, clean, well mannered, and intelligent. We don't keep up with the Joneses, but in certain environments, you stand out.
The Lannings have the material things that the other families may have, but they lack the class.
I think parents there will see all of B&M's nice things and want to befriend them...then have a casual conversation and realize what they're like...and just slowly grab their kid away from Ollie, laugh awkwardly, and back away.

Return to “Daily Bumps”