Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

My daughter had heart surgery when she was a baby so I've had to hold her down numerous times to get bloodwork, X-rays, ultrasounds etc so anything that's unnecessary like ear piercings just makes me cringe. I know a lot of people do it but I just couldn't and I actually couldn't even watch this vlog because of that.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

I saw a girl tell everyone it's ok they are made to come apart easy if they are snagged or grabbed, I was like, why? So they can put them in their mouth and choke on the hoops?
And I LMAO when I saw more than one saying " so how many kids will you have if you have to pierce your ears every time you have a baby?" I was like DON'T GIVE HIM ANY IDEAS!!! :D But he did make it sound like the tradition was your baby getting ears pierced with the Father in that pic.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I think those type of hoops have sort of a ball that screws on to close the loop. So, no, they DO NOT come apart easily. I had that type of hoop when I had a bellybutton ring WAY back in the day. They also need to worry beyond just June ripping them out, but also other kids (Ollie, Finn) or a pet.

Anyway, I'm almost 100% sure this hippie-dippy place is where they got it done. I'm sure Corbin got excited when he read "Piercing the ears of a baby girl is one of the oldest and most sacred of human rituals."

http://www.nomadpiercingstudio.com/pier ... ldren.html
Jessi31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jessi31 »

I have a 7 month old and can't imagine inflicting any unnecessary pain on him. I had to skip the part of June getting the piercing. I hate seeing babies in distress like that. If i ever have a girl, I will be waiting until she asks to get her ears pierced and then fully explaining the pain and responsibility of keeping them clean etc. A poor little baby has no choice in the matter.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I hated how many times Corbin had to look at himself in the camera. So vain he makes me sick. Thought it was interesting after June got hers done, kelsey asked to have her back. It Corbin didn't give her up. Such a jerk.
No corbin, your 4 month old isn't a piano star just because pounds on the keys. Why did he have to contradict kelsey when she said it was Mozart ? Controlling much? Think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Jessi31 wrote:I have a 7 month old and can't imagine inflicting any unnecessary pain on him. I had to skip the part of June getting the piercing. I hate seeing babies in distress like that. If i ever have a girl, I will be waiting until she asks to get her ears pierced and then fully explaining the pain and responsibility of keeping them clean etc. A poor little baby has no choice in the matter.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
At least they went to a professional piercer and didn't get the gun, it was no worse than a vaccine (which they basically refuse to get, soo....)

My main issue is that Corbin is all of the sudden SUPER into his Hispanic heritage. I didn't even know he was Hispanic at all until he decided he wanted to get his baby's ears pierced.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Pency wrote:My main issue is that Corbin is all of the sudden SUPER into his Hispanic heritage. I didn't even know he was Hispanic at all until he decided he wanted to get his baby's ears pierced.
I still don't think he's into his Hispanic heritage - honestly, in the past it seemed to embarrass him and was RARELY mentioned. Didn't the earring idea come up AFTER he visited his Hispanic relatives in SoCal??? He doesn't even seem to speak to his Hispanic mother.

The Portland area also has a large Hispanic community, but they never seem to do any activities or go to any events - not even the big Cinco de Mayo Fiesta on the waterfront! It also REALLY irks me that he says "there's no good Mexican food in Portland," well, that's just a TOTAL lie! They just don't bother to try to find it and he loves to complain.

One thing I'm sure he does: Checks the "Hispanic" race box on job applications to take advantage of the system. :-o :-o :-o
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

OMG-- can't copy and paste on my phone, but your last sentence! I can absolutely see Corbin doing that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I'm suprised that the person who done June's earings never asked for a vaccination record. Most need those in order to get them done.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Ughhh again with the "to be continued..." At first I kind of believed the prank, but then after a while it screamed staged.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

violet-kelsey black wrote:Ughhh again with the "to be continued..." At first I kind of believed the prank, but then after a while it screamed staged.
It was 100% fake. They have a second door to the bathroom through their bedroom. Also, I'm sure Kelsey would be A LOT more upset about Corbin cutting her hair than that weird pretend acting she did. I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

What audience are they making these dumb videos for?? Kids? Adults aren't THAT dumb. This "to be continued...." thing is already old after that fake pregnancy test one last week.

I'd LOVE to see them do an HONEST Q&A. Questions:

Why doesn't Corbin see or speak to his parents?
Was June a planned baby just so you could go full-time on YT?
How much $$$$ do DBs give you every month? Didn't they support your entire road trip???
Are you really moving to SoCal just to use Missy/Bryan more?
Does Corbin speak Spanish? Has he been to Mexico?
Why did Kelsey spend the time and money to get a degree if she was never going to use it...ever?
What do your families REALLY think about you being on YT?
Do you think exploiting your baby for your SOLE income is a good, decent way to life your life?
summerlee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by summerlee »

Total rip off of Nikki and John (Pranksters in Love) prank:

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

That's so lame that he copied them!! Even the title. Really do have to question who they're making the vlogs for. Is this the kind of content their "sponsors" (other than B M) want? Their acting is so horrible. Corbin get a real job!

shelbyanne
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by shelbyanne »

I just saw a commercial for this show they're going to be on. Corbin being on my tv really made me shudder...

funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

I don't watch them on the regular anymore (selective vaccines but piercing her ears? OKAY), so I might have missed it: Where is Paris?
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I just watched the vlog where Corbin was being weird about Kelsey ordering some baby books online and he referred to it as a "shopping spree." :?

It made me think that Missy really is depositing money into their Amazon account, because Corbin seems like the type who would watch their bank account statement and confront her about any charges that he didn't immediately recognize, and frankly I'd be surprised if Kelsey has her own bank account or credit card of any kind. It almost made me suspicious that Missy uses the Amazon account to funnel money to Kelsey because Kelsey has made comments about Corbin's control over their finances. Kelsey looked embarrassed that Corbin was making a big deal for the vlog about the fact that he didn't know she had ordered a couple books.

Why are they buying a new bed when they're just going to have to move it to Southern California when they move?

LOL at Corbin claiming they're limiting the number of times they eat out. These two eat out more than any 20-somethings I know trying to save money. Eating one dinner out a week doesn't mean much if you're still eating out for breakfast and lunch regularly.

I wonder how much they received for selling their vlog footage to that weird cable network. The producers or whomever didn't contact them at all to let them know that the preview so going live online, and presumably they're not doing any press and don't seem to be all that connected to the final product. They haven't even gotten a copy of the episode. It sounds like they're only being featured in the pilot episode and that one episode will span from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth. Depending on how much they got, that seems somewhat short-sighted. I wonder if they'll plug the YouTube channel at all. Plus, I'd be worried about how it will be edited and how I would come across if I couldn't even see the final product before it aired. This could just attract more criticism to their channel, especially if the focus is on the fact that they're pregnant and living in a van.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I wonder how much they received for selling their vlog footage to that weird cable network. The producers or whomever didn't contact them at all to let them know that the preview so going live online, and presumably they're not doing any press and don't seem to be all that connected to the final product. They haven't even gotten a copy of the episode. It sounds like they're only being featured in the pilot episode and that one episode will span from the beginning of the pregnancy to the birth. Depending on how much they got, that seems somewhat short-sighted. I wonder if they'll plug the YouTube channel at all. Plus, I'd be worried about how it will be edited and how I would come across if I couldn't even see the final product before it aired. This could just attract more criticism to their channel, especially if the focus is on the fact that they're pregnant and living in a van.
I'm guessing the TV thing was negotiated via Fullscreen and they just signed on the dotted line and gave over control. I'm sure they were paid a SMALL sum because it's just a pilot on a random cable channel. I'd bet it was MAX $10K and probably less.

It IS funny they won't even get to watch it themselves because they don't have a TV or cable - and it's not something they can livestream. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they go to DBs for a BIG viewing party to celebrate their TV debut and GET MORE VIEWS!! :roll: :roll:

As for the bed frame, they are certainly getting a moving truck, so one one item probably won't make a big difference.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So it must be Missy and Bryan (+ kids? or that other couple?) coming to visit for the eclipse. They don't have ANY other friends and Corbin bought 4 pairs of the glasses. It's also not family from Idaho because the eclipse passes right over them.

I wonder how much DBs are spending on this trip - and where they are staying. Last I heard, renting a car in Portland next week is at least $1200/day and lots of hotels/campgrounds near the best viewing spots have been sold out for MONTHS!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

What in the holy hell was that video I just watched? These two need jobs.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Pency wrote:What in the holy hell was that video I just watched? These two need jobs.
I thought the same thing. They can't even do a five minute vlog with decent content. Why not take the baby outside to do the bubbles. Thought it was strange to blow them inside on their bed.
Kelsey even called that whole thing a skit. That's all their vlogs have become... 5 minute skits
Get a job Corbin and do something with that chapman degree.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”