WatersWife Vlogs / Part #1

Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WatersWife Vlogs / Part #1

Unread post by Diamond1 »

TiredMamato2 wrote:I don't think anyone who has not lost a child is in a position to judge her emotional state. Pregnancy and parenting is hard and losing a baby is a terrible position to be in. Add pregnancy hormones to that and of course she's upset. I agree she can be a bit blunt but whatever. I was a wreck at the end of my pregnancies and I didn't have the anxiety she did. I'm sure it will take her a while to come out of the haze and relax a bit. My kids are 4 and 1 and I'm still adjusting to all the emotions with parenthood.
Sorry but if you put something out there on the internet for everyone to see, people will judge and some people will disagree.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Diamond1 wrote:
TiredMamato2 wrote:I don't think anyone who has not lost a child is in a position to judge her emotional state. Pregnancy and parenting is hard and losing a baby is a terrible position to be in. Add pregnancy hormones to that and of course she's upset. I agree she can be a bit blunt but whatever. I was a wreck at the end of my pregnancies and I didn't have the anxiety she did. I'm sure it will take her a while to come out of the haze and relax a bit. My kids are 4 and 1 and I'm still adjusting to all the emotions with parenthood.
Sorry but if you put something out there on the internet for everyone to see, people will judge and some people will disagree.
I know what you're saying but if you havent been in that emotional life position, it's really unfair to judge. Even having been in that situation myself, I know there are parents who don't like talking about their loss, and I can't judge them for that. I dont judge Joan, from Joan and John, E&J's IVF recipients. how can I? I can see how unwell she is, I didnt get to that state, and I feel it was because we got pregnant 2 months after our first was stillborn. I had to control my anxiety during my subsequent pregnancy.
I agree that once you put yourself out there on yt, you're open to anything. But personally, I just cant see the fairness of judging someone going through one of the shittiest life situations. Birth and Death at the same time. It's effed up in my opinion. Not that it matters.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

^^Agreed. Yes people are absolutely going to judge when you put your life out there for everyone to see, but that doesn't mean it's fairly judged. I have no clue what she's going through so I'm not going to act like I know how she feels or dictate how she should feel. I can only imagine this is a very emotional time, bringing both joy and feelings of grief.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I wonder how they will be as parents??

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

I just wish she wasn't so negative. Constantly complaining about not sleeping. Everyone knows that's what happens when you bring home a newborn. Enjoy the precious baby. Days are long but the years are short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I rolled my eyes at her little dig to viewers who said the c section would be fine but she said it would be harder on her body than others. They were trying to be reassuring!!
Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur

Under her recent video someone commented that Aimee looks pale and sick and that she needs to drink some gatorade. Needless to say, the fans jumped down the commenter's throat and were so defensive and overreacting. :roll: Lmao @ them getting that worked up over a comment :lol:
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

SunnySide0 wrote:I rolled my eyes at her little dig to viewers who said the c section would be fine but she said it would be harder on her body than others. They were trying to be reassuring!!
Well even if they intended to be reassuring the fact of the matter was that it was dismissive as hell, so...

Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

Why is she "mourning her perfect birth plan"? A perfect birth plan is when the baby is delivered and both mom and baby are healthy. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE! Enjoy your baby.

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Mom2two wrote:Why is she "mourning her perfect birth plan"? A perfect birth plan is when the baby is delivered and both mom and baby are healthy. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE! Enjoy your baby.

That's just like Missy from DailyBumps. Every time she's had a delivery go less than planned (C-sections with Ollie and big time with Finn), it's gone against what she wants and wahhhhhhhhhhhh. Hell, my son's birth went nowhere near as planned and I'm still not over it (granted it was pretty traumatic but I'm still grateful to have my 2 year old).
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I can't believe so many people don't realize their birth is not going to go exactly as planned. That's not how childbirth works. You should expect the unexpected when it comes to birth. If you have a plan and expect it to go exactly as you imagine it in your head, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Caisflame wrote:I can't believe so many people don't realize their birth is not going to go exactly as planned. That's not how childbirth works. You should expect the unexpected when it comes to birth. If you have a plan and expect it to go exactly as you imagine it in your head, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Exactly, and while I wasn't all devastated and heartbroken (Aimee and Missy come to mind especially), I was more concerned for my child's safety. Hell, my own OB even told me "85% of moms who come to me with a birth plan end up having a C-section for one reason or another." I'm not sure how accurate that statistic is, but...she's probably right lol
MandyJ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MandyJ »

A healthy baby and mom is the most important thing, but it's not the only important thing. A birth experience that leaves one or both parents traumatized is difficult to deal with. Trauma is trauma, full stop. It's not realistic to expect everything to go according to plan, but being upset about things that happened to you that traumatized you is valid. If you haven't experienced birth trauma it's hard to understand, but women who are going through it need support not judgement. Would you treat a veteran with PTSD from war this way? A loss mom? Someone who had a house fire? Being upset about trauma doesn't mean one isn't grateful for their baby.

Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

MamaJoAnna wrote:
Caisflame wrote:I can't believe so many people don't realize their birth is not going to go exactly as planned. That's not how childbirth works. You should expect the unexpected when it comes to birth. If you have a plan and expect it to go exactly as you imagine it in your head, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Exactly, and while I wasn't all devastated and heartbroken (Aimee and Missy come to mind especially), I was more concerned for my child's safety. Hell, my own OB even told me "85% of moms who come to me with a birth plan end up having a C-section for one reason or another." I'm not sure how accurate that statistic is, but...she's probably right lol

I think that's because they come in with unrealistic expectations about birth.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

MandyJ wrote:A healthy baby and mom is the most important thing, but it's not the only important thing. A birth experience that leaves one or both parents traumatized is difficult to deal with. Trauma is trauma, full stop. It's not realistic to expect everything to go according to plan, but being upset about things that happened to you that traumatized you is valid. If you haven't experienced birth trauma it's hard to understand, but women who are going through it need support not judgement. Would you treat a veteran with PTSD from war this way? A loss mom? Someone who had a house fire? Being upset about trauma doesn't mean one isn't grateful for their baby.

I agree, which is why we need to do all we can to prevent this trauma. Parents need to know that childbirth is a wild and spontaneous thing that can and will change by the second. These expectations so many women have are dangerous.
QuietAsAMouse
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by QuietAsAMouse »

Mom2two wrote:Why is she "mourning her perfect birth plan"? A perfect birth plan is when the baby is delivered and both mom and baby are healthy. STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE! Enjoy your baby.
My goodness, why so judgemental??? Aimee's not "being negative", she's expressing painful, real emotions, which is a very healthy thing to do! It's something that people in our culture don't do enough of imo, and I find Aimee's emotional honesty to be quite refreshing.

What's wrong with having an optimal birth experience in mind?? She intentionally put "my perfect birth plan" in quotes because she knows that it's not realistic to expect childbirth to go exactly as you plan or hope for. And I think her birth plan included her preferences in case of a C-section. But, what is wrong with hoping for an unmedicated, vaginal birth? That's not unrealistic or hoping for "perfection"...that's hoping for normal, average!

Why chide a woman for wanting her childbirth experience (arguably the most important, amazing, scary, joyous, and intense experience of one's life) to go as smoothly as possible and without medical intervention, and for expressing her feelings when that doesn't happen? Especially when it involves a higher-risk major abdominal surgery, which WILL have an effect on her ability to move around and take care of her newborn baby in those first precious days and weeks that are so important to bonding and breastfeeding. It's only natural for a mother to want what she feels is the best possible experience for herself and her baby.

Yes, of course, a healthy baby and mom are the most important things in the end (Aimee knows that all too well, ffs!) and women have C-sections all the time and are fine, blah, blah, blah. That doesn't mean c-sections are ideal (they are far too common in this country). It doesn't mean they aren't scary and without risk of complications for mother and baby. It doesn't mean that women don't have the right to feel disappointment and, yes, grief when their births don't go as they had hoped and--literally--as nature intended...while simultaneously feeling overwhelming happiness for the birth of a healthy child. Why berate Aimee for expressing her genuine feelings??

Having a baby is not all sunshine and unicorns. ImageImage There ARE difficult, stressful aspects to childbirth and parenting. Hiding "negative" emotions behind closed doors and putting on a happy face are not healthy. If Aimee's frankness annoys you and comes across as "negativity" to you, it makes me wonder, what painful emotions regarding birth have *you* swept under the rug? Image
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Birth vlog delayed again. Another one take going up today to explain why but it's apparently something going on with Aimee.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

I'm sure she just likes to complain to get people feeling sorry for her/validate her. She's such a small fish in the YouTube pond & while what happened to them with Beckett is incredibly sad, it unfortunately happens a lot. One lady I follow on IG lost 2 of her quads, leaving behind 3. Yet she doesn't seem to complain like Aimee seems to be. I don't know, something about her rubs me the wrong way.

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I'm getting a bit annoyed with her.

Diamond1
Amateur
Amateur

QuietAsAMouse wrote:
My goodness, why so judgemental??? Aimee's not "being negative", she's expressing painful, real emotions, which is a very healthy thing to do! It's something that people in our culture don't do enough of imo, and I find Aimee's emotional honesty to be quite refreshing.

What's wrong with having an optimal birth experience in mind?? She intentionally put "my perfect birth plan" in quotes because she knows that it's not realistic to expect childbirth to go exactly as you plan or hope for. And I think her birth plan included her preferences in case of a C-section. But, what is wrong with hoping for an unmedicated, vaginal birth? That's not unrealistic or hoping for "perfection"...that's hoping for normal, average!

Why chide a woman for wanting her childbirth experience (arguably the most important, amazing, scary, joyous, and intense experience of one's life) to go as smoothly as possible and without medical intervention, and for expressing her feelings when that doesn't happen? Especially when it involves a higher-risk major abdominal surgery, which WILL have an effect on her ability to move around and take care of her newborn baby in those first precious days and weeks that are so important to bonding and breastfeeding. It's only natural for a mother to want what she feels is the best possible experience for herself and her baby.

Yes, of course, a healthy baby and mom are the most important things in the end (Aimee knows that all too well, ffs!) and women have C-sections all the time and are fine, blah, blah, blah. That doesn't mean c-sections are ideal (they are far too common in this country). It doesn't mean they aren't scary and without risk of complications for mother and baby. It doesn't mean that women don't have the right to feel disappointment and, yes, grief when their births don't go as they had hoped and--literally--as nature intended...while simultaneously feeling overwhelming happiness for the birth of a healthy child. Why berate Aimee for expressing her genuine feelings??

Having a baby is not all sunshine and unicorns. ImageImage There ARE difficult, stressful aspects to childbirth and parenting. Hiding "negative" emotions behind closed doors and putting on a happy face are not healthy. If Aimee's frankness annoys you and comes across as "negativity" to you, it makes me wonder, what painful emotions regarding birth have *you* swept under the rug? Image
She is not judgemental, just stating her opinion. Plus, this is not a fan page. :lol: Aimee does come across as negative and whiny. She is not the first or the last person who had to have C section. She makes everything sound a 100 times more complicated than what it already is. No one is forcing her to put up that birth vlog so I don't know what kind of pressure she feels. She should just spend time with her baby and take care of herself.

Return to “Q-Z”