Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by littlebaby »

Lmao they even brought up Bonnie and Joel saying they DON'T want to have another kid like it's offensive to them that Matt and Em are pregnant. Like from a young child's perspective and limited knowledge of conception and pregnancy, I can see why bringing up E+J makes a little bit of sense to them (still ridiculous but you get my point). But the B+J part made me laugh because they're essentially saying "Bonnie and Joel are done having kids so why are you pregnant how rude"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

onbreak wrote:So fun to eat in bed after a spoonful of corn and two chicken nuggets

TWO nuggets? oh, the excess...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, it's rude for Matt and Em to get pregnant while E&J are "trying", but it wasn't rude for Ellie to breathlessly call all the IF contest winners to tell them she was pregnant on Mother's Day, before the pee was even dry on the stick? Pretzel logic, party of one!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

I love matt and emily vlogs. Emily is so fun. Lol. Matt comes off nervous but still a nice guy.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

tnchk1187 wrote:I guess no one is allowed to have more babies till e&j do

Can you imagine Ellie if Emily has a girl or finds out its a girl before Ellie gets pregnant. OMG the insanity.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Emily and Matt deserve every bit of happiness. I love how the boys make cards for everyone.. Such a sweet gesture from such little guys

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

canmom2 wrote:I love matt and emily vlogs. Emily is so fun. Lol. Matt comes off nervous but still a nice guy.
You defend Ellie often, and now using the "so fun"... hmmmmm.

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

gymchick43 wrote:
canmom2 wrote:I love matt and emily vlogs. Emily is so fun. Lol. Matt comes off nervous but still a nice guy.
You defend Ellie often, and now using the "so fun"... hmmmmm.

I call it like i see it. I dont really like Ellie that much but i dont pick on every little thing like the rock pillows they got Jackson i just think that is a rookie parent mistake. Ive done that bought something for my kid that he had so much fun with somewhere else and didnt even look at it at home. Now it wasnt 400$ but same idea. I just for some reason thought so fun was appropriate in that sentence. I wanted to say something like Emily is entertaining to watch.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:It's clear that was a network setup get together and that they didn't know those "friends." They all looked so uncomfortable at the start.

Did Jared make a mistake in the editing of that prank? Ellie revealed the real biscuits, but then later he still gave the Wilky Way (?) guy a cookie with gravy and tried to continue on.... but he already knew? Were they all just trying to pretend and Jared forgot to edit out the middle?

I can't believe how annoying Jared was this entire vlog. Ellie seemed like a composed and responsible adult compared to him for once. Are they trying to copy Missy and Bryan (moody and quiet wife and loud obnoxious husband)? I actually think so. They are usually annoying but this was different annoying.

Plus Cal had that huge smoothie and couldn't even share with Jackson? At least Ellie eventually told him to share, but he wasn't listening to Jared (just walked away) so I doubt he listened to her either unless she went over to him and made him.
Yes, the whole interaction with the British couple was really strange. At the same time, I think Ellie did much better than Jared with it all.
To be honest, I often find Jared and Bryan MUCH more irritating than Ellie or Missy. I don't agree with Ellie or Missy's parenting styles necessarily but I sometimes think the dads in these youtube families get away with a lot on these threads. Not to derail the whole discussion here, but Bryan was especially awful today in my opinion. I think you're onto something with the moody/quiet wife and obnoxious husband thing...
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Playsinrain wrote:
It's complete day and night. The first video, ellie was so engaged, seemed so excited for Jackson and was beaming. The second... first off I don't think Ellie says one word for the first 5 mins of the video. No smile. No excitement. Blank and expressionless. She doesn't get engaged and excited until she starts opening presents to herself. (Of course). It's actually quite sad to see. She looks like the shell of a mother. No excitement for her babies' Christmas. No excitement for her son's first Christmas, and Jackson's first Christmas where he is old enough to understand, and we all know how much fun that is as a parent. I'm convinced after watching this she was suffering from some extreme PPD, it actually makes me sad for her Bc they would not seek help for her, she had to struggle though that with Jared telling her just to be happy and smile more. It's devastating to me that they let her suffer through that. I think it damaged her for life. She's never been the same since Cal was born, and that video was so depressing.
Yes! My thoughts exactly. It's hard to see. And now, it's like she tries to act like her old self and that's why she comes off so fake and phony.

I specifically remember an old vlog (I think it was when Cal was a newborn) where Ellie was having a rough day and made a point to say something like, "My mom is always so 'good' to make sure we're doing/feeling okay after our babies." I kind of think that her saying that on the vlog was her way of trying to convince herself that she was okay, even though she really wasn't. It really is sad.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I really think the issue with Ellie is a lot simpler than PPD. I think it's the same issue we see with a lot of vlogger moms.... that parenting one child between two stay at home parents is just a lot easier than two children. One is "fun" and more like having a doll, because if you want to nap the other parent is there to help take over 24/7. Add on a second child, and suddenly, there is a lot more responsibility. It isn't as fun anymore.

Ellie used to proudly boast that she had it all together and didn't feel overwhelmed at all like how she often heard other mothers exclaim. That went away with the introduction of Calvin. She didn't have it all together.... not at all. For someone who is used to taking their toys and going home when they don't get their own way, Ellie was suddenly trapped. To make matters worse, she was having it all documented daily, where people could see how overwhelmed she was.

I think a third child will only make this worse, but they will still have another anyway.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie wrote:I really think the issue with Ellie is a lot simpler than PPD. I think it's the same issue we see with a lot of vlogger moms.... that parenting one child between two stay at home parents is just a lot easier than two children. One is "fun" and more like having a doll, because if you want to nap the other parent is there to help take over 24/7. Add on a second child, and suddenly, there is a lot more responsibility. It isn't as fun anymore.

Ellie used to proudly boast that she had it all together and didn't feel overwhelmed at all like how she often heard other mothers exclaim. That went away with the introduction of Calvin. She didn't have it all together.... not at all. For someone who is used to taking their toys and going home when they don't get their own way, Ellie was suddenly trapped. To make matters worse, she was having it all documented daily, where people could see how overwhelmed she was.

I think a third child will only make this worse, but they will still have another anyway.
Oh yeah that reminded me of her "supermom tag" it was like a Q&A. Haven't watched it in ages but I think it was just her bragging about not struggling with a baby and being able to clean and look nice for Jared lol. Everything changed with Calvin. I remember commenting telling her she should do an updated super mom tag, using same questions- but to show the different between one and two kids. I had said a lot of moms would respect her honesty with how she struggles more after having her second. She never did obviously.

BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Pency wrote:
tnchk1187 wrote:Matt and Emily are pregnant. I hardly ever look at comments but totally expected to see this : //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... b60b83.jpg

Holy shit. Their minions are psycho.
I try my best not to respond to any of the "minion" comments but when someone posted (and forgive me for not knowing how to screenshot/post a pic) but they posted to be "gentle" with Ellie and that it's a "complex, sensitive, emotion for her" I simply had to. Emily has had FIVE miscarriages. FIVE. One of them right after Ellie and Jenn (Jared/Matt's sister) announced their pregnancies in October '14 and two others within the next 8 months when half the rest of the family popped out babies before they finally had a successful pregnancy with Ethan. I'm pretty dang sure if anyone were to know about the complex and sensitive emotions that go along with loss, it would be her.

And I will say that as someone who has experienced infertility I get really irritated when others assert what they think I should be feeling into a situation. I think they'd be surprised to find that often what I'm feeling in those situations is nothing at all like they'd expect. I feel like her minions do this all the time.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I'm so shocked that Jared gave them a shoutout on twitter. I think they might have gotten a few extra views today because of him. They are a sweet family and I wish them the best. I wonder if Ellie is pregnant as well.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Oh yea, ellie will pump out as many babies as jared gives her. They have no boundaries, no life tangible goals now that they have all of the material things they dreamed of. I hope jareds paying extra house payments and saving those $5 bills like dave ramsey recommends

Pink65
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pink65 »

canmom2 wrote:

Can you imagine Ellie if Emily has a girl or finds out its a girl before Ellie gets pregnant. OMG the insanity.
Ahhh.. she'll lose it... weren't Julie and Landon going to start trying this summer? I would like to see her reaction to that!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Pink65 wrote:
canmom2 wrote:

Ahhh.. she'll lose it... weren't Julie and Landon going to start trying this summer? I would like to see her reaction to that!

If this is a girl it will be after 3 boys. Unlike Ellie though Emily loves her boys and wouldn't mind another one. I cannot imagine Ellie's reaction if Julie gets pregnant, I honestly wonder if Julie is scared to get pregnant before Ellie and that's why she hasn't yet.

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I really think the issue with Ellie is a lot simpler than PPD. I think it's the same issue we see with a lot of vlogger moms.... that parenting one child between two stay at home parents is just a lot easier than two children. One is "fun" and more like having a doll, because if you want to nap the other parent is there to help take over 24/7. Add on a second child, and suddenly, there is a lot more responsibility. It isn't as fun anymore.

Jared worked when Jackson was a baby and he worked long hours into the evening.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

canmom2 wrote:

Jared worked when Jackson was a baby and he worked long hours into the evening.
And yet, Ellie herself said it was easy and she "had it all together." Jackson was a super easy baby. Cal was NOT.

Honestly, the thing you need to realize is that we all were fans from the beginning. We weren't always haters. We didn't start looking for reasons to turn on them... many of us used to stick up for them just as much as you do now. We don't need you to "correct" us on things. We remember their old vlogs and we see the new ones. It seems many of us just view the same vlogs differently than you do ((shrugs))

Return to “Ellie and Jared”