• Advertisement

E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Re: E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Especially because it's not like Ellie doesn't have two children already. It's not like she's still struggling with her first. Even then, it would be one thing if the sentiment came from Ellie. I can get that it would be bittersweet. But fans saying crap like that, especially since Matt & Emily have had losses, is cuckoo. I'm sorry for repeating myself. But I can't get over how nuts that is. I hope they blocked that person so fast! Did Ellie respond? Because she should. But we know she won't, because she probably agrees, deep down.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby onbreak » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:01 pm

amyfalafal wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
stylesp1girl wrote:I have to comment on the whole Mat&Em thing. First of all congrats to them. I can't possibly know how Ellie or anyone else feels. I do however know how I felt when all my peers began having babies and I couldn't. I was disappointed every time I'd hear of another one. I have always wanted a child. I became ill with cancer in my early 20's and chemo ended that. I have finally come to terms with it. PS those friends and peers are largely grandparents now lol. I'm getting old.

Yes those are valid feelings. I have felt them as well, my friend and I started trying at the same time but her baby is several months older than mine. It killed me seeing her pregnant and not being pregnant yet.

Also Emily has struggled as well. Ellie should have no ill feelings or jealousy towards her. She's had 5 miscarriages. Ellie has had one chemical pregnancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's a very weird type of jealousy when you had a few losses and the people around you are pregnant or having babies the same time you were supposed to and lost the baby.. I've been in that weird position a few times and it is a form of jealousy but not a negative one. Envy perhaps.. You're happy for them but sad for yourself. However, everyone deserves to be happy and God forbid Ellie requests her siblings or in laws not to get pregnant until she does that's fu*ked up. She probably did. Or will make it sound like "it would have been nice if you waited until we got pregnant". I've heard that story before in my life it's selfish.
Are you freaking serious?? Someone asked you to not have a baby before them??
That's on them to control their emotions. How dare they put stipulations on anyones life plans.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Ellie called someone that had experienced a stillbirth and recent miscarriage (and who is arguably on the edge of a breakdown) to tell them on Father's Day that they are pregnant.

Ellie can be sad all she wants, but if Ellie should be able to revel in her happiness and not worry about sensitivity then so should Emily.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:28 pm

It was Mother's Day, wasn't it? Just making sure I remember correctly.
But yeah-- if that's not "rude", certainly neither is Matt and Em just announcing their pregnancy.
I'm just so gobsmacked still.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm

lmmomSD wrote:It was Mother's Day, wasn't it? Just making sure I remember correctly.
But yeah-- if that's not "rude", certainly neither is Matt and Em just announcing their pregnancy.
I'm just so gobsmacked still.

I think you're right. (That just seems so much worse).
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pink65 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 pm

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Pink65 wrote:
canmom2 wrote:[quote="tnchk1187"]I guess no one is allowed to have more babies till e&j do

Can you imagine Ellie if Emily has a girl or finds out its a girl before Ellie gets pregnant. OMG the insanity.

Ahhh.. she'll lose it... weren't Julie and Landon going to start trying this summer? I would like to see her reaction to that!

If this is a girl it will be after 3 boys. Unlike Ellie though Emily loves her boys and wouldn't mind another one. I cannot imagine Ellie's reaction if Julie gets pregnant, I honestly wonder if Julie is scared to get pregnant before Ellie and that's why she hasn't yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing... just to "keep the peace." I feel like everyone walks on eggshells around her I could not live my life like that.

Pink65
Amateur

Postby Ducklings4 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 pm

I loved seeing Emily joking with Matt and Jared's parents. We never see that interaction between Ellie and them

Ducklings4
Gossiper

E+J Backyard Expansion Pack. Part #29

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Just out of curiosity... those of you who were in the, "there's nothing wrong with Cal other than the fact that he's spoiled" party, do you still feel the same way now? I know some of you (I'm only remembering HS specifically, but I know others on here said similar things) have children who were late bloomers in the speech department, so I'm wondering what your opinion is now that some time has passed?

Personally, I used to be in the party mentioned above, but not so much anymore. In my opinion, if E+J are looking at Lincoln (3 months younger), Finley (5 months younger), Jackson (when he was Cal's age), or even Brooks (hell, he's a little more than a year younger and I think is saying more words than Calvin these days) and aren't getting anyyyy sort of inkling that it would be in Cal's best interest to see a speech therapist.... then I am extremely concerned.

I have a feeling this is going to end up just like the tort. We're going to be wondering if they're just ignoring it, or if they're not addressing it, and then one day they'll come out and pretend like they've been getting help all along - when it's fitting for vlog footage.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Just out of curiosity... those of you who were in the, "there's nothing wrong with Cal other than the fact that he's spoiled" party, do you still feel the same way now? I know some of you (I'm only remembering HS specifically, but I know others on here said similar things) have children who were late bloomers in the speech department, so I'm wondering what your opinion is now that some time has passed?

Personally, I used to be in the party mentioned above, but not so much anymore. In my opinion, if E+J are looking at Lincoln (3 months younger), Finley (5 months younger), Jackson (when he was Cal's age), or even Brooks (hell, he's a little more than a year younger and I think is saying more words than Calvin these days) and aren't getting anyyyy sort of inkling that it would be in Cal's best interest to see a speech therapist.... then I am extremely concerned.

I have a feeling this is going to end up just like the tort. We're going to be wondering if they're just ignoring it, or if they're not addressing it, and then one day they'll come out and pretend like they've been getting help all along - when it's fitting for vlog footage.

I think Cal has "issues" but I'm not sure if they are medical or situational and just due to crappy parenting. I mean, Linc is talking well, but he has three siblings and two parents always talking to him! Calvin is shouted at for the vlog, and never encouraged to actually use his words. Bonnie had to teach Linc because of his hot little temper!

But my gut reaction is that the issue is likely medical based not on any solid proof, but on the strong instinctual reaction that so many of us had to him when he was just a baby. What I disagree with however, is the idea that E&J know something is wrong and we hiding it. IF they do feel something is wrong, I absolutely think they will make excuses until it is undeniable and we aren't there yet. When we are, Ellie will tell the world how much she sacrifices as a "special needs mom"... she ain't giving that attention up. Nope, no way.

And compared to Oliver, Cal isn't behind at all, so they could easily justify his slower speech if they wanted to.

But yep, my youngest didn't start talking until he was almost two, and then he just took off! Knew his colours, ABCs, animal sounds, etc all within a month. Now he's nearing 3 and can say hundreds of words. He's easily passed Oliver Lanning which is incredibly sad to see. I see Cal following along the same developmental path with two parents that refuse to see the problem.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:39 pm

I don't watch enough to know. From what I have seen, they sure don't encourage him to talk. He doesn't need to. If he screeches,they figure out what he wants and give it to him. I have never heard the sentences "What do you want, Calvin? Try and use your words" come out of Ellie or Jared's mouth. My daughter was delayed, and we heard lots of stories of kids who suddenly started talking in sentences, but we got her evaluated, and sure enough, there was something wrong. What is funny is that she didn't really cooperate with SLP until her little brother started talking. The point is, that even though there are lots of kids who are slow to talk, but the only way to find out if there is a reason, is to get him evaluated.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 pm

My gut response is there's more going on than a kid who is simply indulged - although yes, I do think he is totally indulged. I also think that everybody loves an underdog - so if we had any reason to believe E+J were worried about him, working hard to bridge the speech gap, getting him evaluated, working on socialization, etc, then Cal and Ellie would both get a different response from people and their vlog might be better-received. I've thought into this way too much, mostly out of guilt, and have realized that kids don't have to be conventionally attractive or advanced in order for others to find them endearing.

I showed my husband some clips, and his response was roughly "get the fuck outta here with your bullshit about 'not advanced.'" He sees similarities to his stepbrother as a kid, who had special needs and also had a personality only a mother could love (never grew out of it either). I guess it doesn't have to be one or the other.

It really seems like Calvin is not well-served by the spotlight of a vlogging "career." I also think Ellie is too screwed up to even be capable of wondering if there's something more she ought to do, and Jared's job appears to revolve around taking care of Ellie and trying to keep her functional (not a great success). Jackson will be fine, he has enough natural gifts to mature with his upbringing on autopilot, but E+J are both going to have to step up for Calvin. I don't see that happening, though he may well get demoted anyway if they get pregnant again.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby littlebaby » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Does anyone remember if Jackson was a late bloomer with speech, even just a little bit? I remember his "yeeo" stage, but I think that was mainly his parents asking too many yes/no questions like vlogging parents often do. I'm going to go back and watch some vlogs of Jackson at Calvin's age now.

I also think E+J often forget how close in age J+C are, especially because they're constantly talking about how mature Jackson and that he's like "an eight year old in a three year old body". If they think Jackson is super mature/advanced for his age, then they might be underestimating where Calvin should/could be. Jared has said many times that his favorite thing at the end of the day is lying in bed with Jackson and asking him questions to hear about his day and how his little mind works. They should already be doing this with Calvin anyway, and not just yes/no questions. Calvin doesn't even seem to want to repeat words at this point, which is a big thing at this age, isn't it? Lincoln sure does.

littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Ellie even said recently that she wished kids "this age" (meaning Calvin's age) could talk. So yes, it's quite possible that she's underestimating where Calvin should be.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby canmom2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:13 am

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Just out of curiosity... those of you who were in the, "there's nothing wrong with Cal other than the fact that he's spoiled" party, do you still feel the same way now? I know some of you (I'm only remembering HS specifically, but I know others on here said similar things) have children who were late bloomers in the speech department, so I'm wondering what your opinion is now that some time has passed?

I definetly think there is something wrong and i think they have had him assessed. He also not being brought up like Jackson was but i atill think he is spoiled rotten he gets away with everything. Rember one night he would and he was banging something hitting several times before they got up to stop him if Jackson did something the camera was turned off right away.
canmom2
Informer

Postby canmom2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 am

No one taking about the latest vlog. Calvin falls down on the patio i think penny ran into him smashed the back of his head on the cement. Ellie filming Jared runs to him and picks him up ellie still filming says everything is fine everythings ok then something stupid around Jared cutting grass in less than a hour. Jared is comforting Cal and has to go to Ellie put his hand on the camera to stop filming. Wasnt it just a couple days ago she did nothing when Calvin fell in the water when Jared ran to him and saved him. Thoughts on this?
canmom2
Informer

Postby Addicted2vlogs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 am

canmom2 wrote:

I definetly think there is something wrong and i think they have had him assessed. He also not being brought up like Jackson was but i atill think he is spoiled rotten he gets away with everything. Rember one night he would and he was banging something hitting several times before they got up to stop him if Jackson did something the camera was turned off right away.

100% something wrong with him. Could be minor, but way beyond the "many kids can be slow learners" comment I've even used a few times. These other kids you mention can do way more than just say more words and clearly. They can actually listen and do little things, take direction, express basic toddler feelings and desires.

If there is nothing wrong with Cal, then it's just Ellie, she hasn't spent the time talking and educating him.

While I'm writing a post, Idk if it was spoken about already, but when Ellie gave Jackson the letter stencil... WTF, this bitch doesn't have enough money to buy age appropriate writing/letter & colouring books!?!

Addicted2vlogs
Talker

Postby canmom2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:42 am

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
canmom2 wrote:

100% something wrong with him. Could be minor, but way beyond the "many kids can be slow learners" comment I've even used a few times. These other kids you mention can do way more than just say more words and clearly. They can actually listen and do little things, take direction, express basic toddler feelings and desires.

If there is nothing wrong with Cal, then it's just Ellie, she hasn't spent the time talking and educating him.

While I'm writing a post, Idk if it was spoken about already, but when Ellie gave Jackson the letter stencil... WTF, this bitch doesn't have enough money to buy age appropriate writing/letter & colouring books!?!

jackson has lots of books to learn letters/numbers that he traces letters/numbers. We have seen him use them many times. he likes the stencils he has played with them before. This is kinda my point where I said yesterday things are taking out of context and made like Ellie did something. She does enough wrong without thinking there is something wrong with playing with stencils.
canmom2
Informer

Postby Addicted2vlogs » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:10 am

canmom2 wrote:
Addicted2vlogs wrote:
canmom2 wrote:[quote="Boredomatitsfinest"]Just out of curiosity... those of you who were in the, "there's nothing wrong with Cal other than the fact that he's spoiled" party, do you still feel the same way now? I know some of you (I'm only remembering HS specifically, but I know others on here said similar things) have children who were late bloomers in the speech department, so I'm wondering what your opinion is now that some time has passed?

jackson has lots of books to learn letters/numbers that he traces letters/numbers. We have seen him use them many times. he likes the stencils he has played with them before. This is kinda my point where I said yesterday things are taking out of context and made like Ellie did something. She does enough wrong without thinking there is something wrong with playing with stencils.[/quote]

No I took nothing out of context. You did. You mixed my comment about Calvin up with my little observation at the end about Jackson. Jackson does have lots of books and I've been watching since he was born. Which is why I notice what she is NOT doing with Calvin.

Addicted2vlogs
Talker

Postby canmom2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:47 am

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
canmom2 wrote:

While I'm writing a post, Idk if it was spoken about already, but when Ellie gave Jackson the letter stencil... WTF, this bitch doesn't have enough money to buy age appropriate writing/letter & colouring books!?! "While I am writing a post

Read the last paragraph you called Ellie a bitch for not giving JACkson appropriate letter/coloring books. He works on the all the time the stencil is more for play. But maybe you meant Calvin and used Jackson name instead.
canmom2
Informer

Postby onbreak » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:32 am

Who cares, she's at least engaging him.. With her childhood stencils (I'm assuming)
Calvin enjoyed putting his airplane together and using the drill. Do they encourage anything with him?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby rd_valo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:08 am

Wtf is jared on about in the last few vlogs? Sounds like he's seriously expecting the apocalypse to happen during/after the eclipse

rd_valo
Talker

Postby canmom2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:19 am

rd_valo wrote:Wtf is jared on about in the last few vlogs? Sounds like he's seriously expecting the apocalypse to happen during/after the eclipse

He is not making sense when i was a kid in the 70's. Im pretty sure we had a full solar eclipse that wasnt 100 years ago. Maybe not on their area but i think this one tomorrow is inly partial for us.
canmom2
Informer

Postby canmom2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:23 am

lmmomSD wrote:Especially because it's not like Ellie doesn't have two children already. It's not like she's still struggling with her first. Even then, it would be one thing if the sentiment came from Ellie. I can get that it would be bittersweet. But fans saying crap like that, especially since Matt & Emily have had losses, is cuckoo. I'm sorry for repeating myself. But I can't get over how nuts that is. I hope they blocked that person so fast! Did Ellie respond? Because she should. But we know she won't, because she probably agrees, deep down.

It was probably a teeny bopper because all they ever say is thats rude. I dont know why they dont start catering to adult fans. Thats what they started as. These kiddes know nothing about fertility issues
All they do is worship Ellie which Ellie and Jared shouldnt being worshipped.
canmom2
Informer

Postby lucifer » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 am

Some eclipses r visible in the US nd some arent..the world is fine...and eclipses happen no matter what... be it lunar or solar doesn't mean the world will end...
I wonder how crazy they went during the "2012 Apocalypse".

I never see Ellie and Jared talk about the real world..Charlottesville, Barcelona, Finland(Jared Mentioned it on Twitter..just becoz hez went there)
Rather than thinking about the end of the world, they shud first look at their surroundings...

And as expected Ellie's doesn't mention about Matt and Em's pregnancy...Ellie will always be stuck in her UTAH bubble...
lucifer
Amateur

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:36 am

Jared is a freaking freak about the eclipse!! I'm sure their church told them they need to prepare - that's what the LDS church does best!! :? :? :? Why is he even worried? They live in RURAL Utah! Aliens coming?? FFS, these wackos!

Also, poor Olivia. She's stuck in that Mormon cult forever now.... :|
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared