BEplus3: Forcing Family (BritneyandBaby Part 26/27)

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BEplus3: Forcing Family (BritneyandBaby Part 26/27)

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

Ripley wrote:ł hope her dad gets the help he needs if he is really struggling. I hope I am not about to sound harsh here. I am from Canada, so things are a bit different here. But if he is so sick and his symptoms are so bad, (which I don't doubt), how could he be fired and denied sick leave pay? And if he can't work, is there not government short term disability? It seems strange that his symptoms are so bad that he lost his job from missing days etc....and is in the process of looking for a new job?
She says her family is small and can only do so much. But he is married, with at least 2 natural adult children. I don't know how old her younger brother and step brother are, but are they adults? What about savings? Have they looked into all these resources? Or is he receiving benefits from the government and money from his wife and kids etc... these resources are not enough to cover costs? I hate to judge people's spending habits, but we strongly suspect B has a spending problem and lives beyond her means. Is that where she learned it? Does her whole family? And now that the cash flow has decreased, they can't keep up with payments? .
I only question these things because it is Brittany, who like someone said, COULD make more content, does not save, never wants to give back, etc...I am sorry if this is harsh.Maybe there are valid answers to my questions, but these are just some of the things that came to mind. Whatever the case, it sounds like he is in financial trouble and I hope they find a solution.I hope Brittany wakes up and puts some of that Target money away for a rainy day.
It sort of depends on the workplace. If he was on FMLA it is illegal to fire him for taking time off. A job could potentially fire him if he wasn't on FMLA, Ohio is an at will employment state so they can fire him at any time and they could just say it is based on his performance. They don't have to say that it is because he is sick.
ohhey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ohhey »

I feel for Britney's dad, but gofundme stuff grates my nerves. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer when I was 24 and she was forced to medically retire which meant I had to basically halt my life and take care of her, including financially. Wouldn't change that at all, but it was a struggle everyday. $800 a month for her insurance (Cobra) alone because she lost her insurance through her employer then the several hundred worth of meds every month, etc. I never once asked for a handout from anyone and I'm proud of that. I was raised knowing you take care of your own. Unfortunately/fortunately my mom eventually qualified for Medicare even though she wasn't old enough because the chemo caused renal failure. Anyway, I'm not a heartless person, I just don't understand people asking for donations. Especially people who are more financially able than others. I guarantee Britney is making more money than I was at 24. I'm sorry for my tangent.
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

I did not factor in the cost of the procedure because I am from Canada. Is he paying out of pocket for the surgery itself? Is that what the GFM money is going towards?
I just strongly think other resources should be exhausted before creating a go fund me. And the I REALLY am side eyeing her with the eyebrow thing now. Good grief. If each donation was ten dollars, that is fifty less people you have to ask money from. C'mon Brittany. I would love to hear what she has to say about that.
teahathspilleth123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teahathspilleth123 »

Ripley wrote: But if he is so sick and his symptoms are so bad, (which I don't doubt), how could he be fired and denied sick leave pay? And if he can't work, is there not government short term disability? It seems strange that his symptoms are so bad that he lost his job from missing days etc....and is in the process of looking for a new job?
She says her family is small and can only do so much. But he is married, with at least 2 natural adult children. I don't know how old her younger brother and step brother are, but are they adults?
Someone responded to her gofundme tweet "I thought there were laws they can't fire people if you are sick. It's called short term disabilaty. Also he can get cobra"
Britney responded "There are if you have FMLA. Unfortunatley my dad didn't set it up and lost his job. I'm going to look into cobra"

Her step brother is an adult around her age. She mentioned him in one of her older videos. Her half brother is a child around Aria's age.

I also agree with you that it is strange how her dad lost his job and she goes on to say he is in extreme pain now. But then she mentions he is looking for another job? How is he going to work any new job if he is constantly in extreme pain?

The things she is saying are just not all adding up here.
Last edited by teahathspilleth123 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

MomOf286 wrote:She can more than afford to stop spending the money she doesn't have and use some of that credit card debt she is piling up to help her mother regardless of what their relationship is like.
If I understand your statement correctly, I think you are confused. It did get a bit confusing when a pp thought comment written by Korey was from Brittany's mom.
It is her dad that is sick and he is divorced from her mom. As I understand it, he is remarried and he and Brittany have a very good relationship.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

TeaFor2 wrote:
Ripley wrote: But if he is so sick and his symptoms are so bad, (which I don't doubt), how could he be fired and denied sick leave pay? And if he can't work, is there not government short term disability? It seems strange that his symptoms are so bad that he lost his job from missing days etc....and is in the process of looking for a new job?
She says her family is small and can only do so much. But he is married, with at least 2 natural adult children. I don't know how old her younger brother and step brother are, but are they adults?
Someone responded to her gofundme tweet "I thought there were laws they can't fire people if you are sick. It's called short term disabilaty. Also he can get cobra"
Britney responded "There are if you have FMLA. Unfortunatley my dad didn't set it up and lost his job. I'm going to look into cobra"

Her step brother is an adult around her age. She mentioned him in one of her older videos. Her half brother is a child around Aria's age.

I also agree with you that it is strange how her dad lost his job and she goes on to say he is in extreme pain now. But then she mentions he is looking for another job? How is he going to work any new job if he is constantly in extreme pain?

He's trying to get a job so he can get health insurance. At his age it would be really expensive to get private health insurance and how would he pay for it without a job? And now with this condition I'm not exactly sure if it's considered "pre-Existing" or not but if it is, then it wouldn't even be covered. The exception being when you get insurance through an employer, then pre-existing conditions don't matter and are still covered. I believe she said on twitter that he got denied for Medicaid because of his wife's income that had to be counted. If he can no longer work ever again and applies for disability then I believe he can get Medicare but that wouldn't happen overnight and I don't think he's necessarily disabled either. So he's screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Aboogabooga wrote:
TeaFor2 wrote:

He's trying to get a job so he can get health insurance. At his age it would be really expensive to get private health insurance and how would he pay for it without a job? And now with this condition I'm not exactly sure if it's considered "pre-Existing" or not but if it is, then it wouldn't even be covered. The exception being when you get insurance through an employer, then pre-existing conditions don't matter and are still covered. I believe she said on twitter that he got denied for Medicaid because of his wife's income that had to be counted. If he can no longer work ever again and applies for disability then I believe he can get Medicare but that wouldn't happen overnight and I don't think he's necessarily disabled either. So he's screwed.

Not 100% true. Health insurance under the ACA cannot exclude you for pre existing conditions at all no matter where you get them but the rest rings true. Based on the gfm, I doubt he can afford the premiums for getting insurance thru private companies and COBRA is expensive as shit too. It seems his family falls within the cracks of too rich for low income help, and too poor to be able to afford it on your own. Which is terrible that that even has to exist.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

She says he "didn't set it up"? You don't set FMLA up. From dol.gov:
"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave.

FMLA is designed to help employees balance their work and family responsibilities by allowing them to take reasonable unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons. It also seeks to accommodate the legitimate interests of employers and promote equal employment opportunity for men and women.

FMLA applies to all public agencies, all public and private elementary and secondary schools, and companies with 50 or more employees. These employers must provide an eligible employee with up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year for any of the following reasons:

for the birth and care of the newborn child of an employee;
for placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care;
to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
Employees are eligible for leave if they have worked for their employer at least 12 months, at least 1,250 hours over the past 12 months, and work at a location where the company employs 50 or more employees within 75 miles. Whether an employee has worked the minimum 1,250 hours of service is determined according to FLSA principles for determining compensable hours or work.

Time taken off work due to pregnancy complications can be counted against the 12 weeks of family and medical leave.

A final rule effective on January 16, 2009, updates the FMLA regulations to implement new military family leave entitlements enacted under the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2008.

Special rules apply to employees of local education agencies. The Department of Labor administers FMLA; however, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) administers FMLA for most federal employees."

He doesn't get a form and apply for it. It's a federal law.

The more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense.

Febe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Febe »

You have to contact people to go on FMLA. If he didn't contact anyone then he can't use it. I had to call HR and my benefits department and I had to fill out a form and mail/fax it back. Idk what every work place is like but that's how my work was.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smom12 wrote:She says he "didn't set it up"? You don't set FMLA up. From dol.gov:
"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave per year. It also requires that their group health benefits be maintained during the leave.

FMLA is designed to help employees balance their work and family responsibilities by allowing them to take reasonable unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons. It also seeks to accommodate the legitimate interests of employers and promote equal employment opportunity for men and women.

FMLA applies to all public agencies, all public and private elementary and secondary schools, and companies with 50 or more employees. These employers must provide an eligible employee with up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year for any of the following reasons:

for the birth and care of the newborn child of an employee;
for placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care;
to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
Employees are eligible for leave if they have worked for their employer at least 12 months, at least 1,250 hours over the past 12 months, and work at a location where the company employs 50 or more employees within 75 miles. Whether an employee has worked the minimum 1,250 hours of service is determined according to FLSA principles for determining compensable hours or work.

Time taken off work due to pregnancy complications can be counted against the 12 weeks of family and medical leave.

A final rule effective on January 16, 2009, updates the FMLA regulations to implement new military family leave entitlements enacted under the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2008.

Special rules apply to employees of local education agencies. The Department of Labor administers FMLA; however, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) administers FMLA for most federal employees."

He doesn't get a form and apply for it. It's a federal law.

The more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense.

You don't apply for FMLA but you do have to request it in advance. Many employers require at least 30 days notice for FMLA sometimes more is needed. If he didn't do this then he wouldn't be on FMLA and thus could be fired
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

When you spend $500 on your eyebrows the week before making a gofundme.... No.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Maxxinsta96 »

but she just spent $500 on her brows? I could never make a go fund me.... I can't hardly accept birthday gifts much less $$$ from strangers... "this is where you guys come in" how convenient? First a PO box and now this.. idk just rubs me the wrong way. What if this $ is really going to their toilet problem. Kidding! she needs to close her PO box now she looks shady and terrible. I would love to see her address why she spent so much $ on eyebrows during when she knew was such a important time and her dad needed help. Cause it's all about BRITTANY
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So.. Aria got out of school early today for the eclipse so Britney didnt send her with a lunch and she is "sick" thinking of Aria sitting with her friends having no lunch.. I mean, why wouldnt you just pack it? Id rather my kid bring it home than not have one at all, doesn't she know what time lunch is? My kids school sends home a schedule so I know when snacks/lunch times are.
We all make mistakes but that seems like a dumb one lol
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Someone tweet this bitch and tell her to use her 'Best Fiends' money.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:So.. Aria got out of school early today for the eclipse so Britney didnt send her with a lunch and she is "sick" thinking of Aria sitting with her friends having no lunch.. I mean, why wouldnt you just pack it? Id rather my kid bring it home than not have one at all, doesn't she know what time lunch is? My kids school sends home a schedule so I know when snacks/lunch times are.
I know I thought the same thing. I doubt she really packed a lunch bc why bother taking it out?

I feel like her tweets were dramatic.. "I am so sick to my stomach" and "which makes it even more heartbreaking for me" lol relax girl I'm sure she picked aria up some chic fil a after school anyways
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:So.. Aria got out of school early today for the eclipse so Britney didnt send her with a lunch and she is "sick" thinking of Aria sitting with her friends having no lunch.. I mean, why wouldnt you just pack it? Id rather my kid bring it home than not have one at all, doesn't she know what time lunch is? My kids school sends home a schedule so I know when snacks/lunch times are.
I know I thought the same thing. I doubt she really packed a lunch bc why bother taking it out?

I feel like her tweets were dramatic.. "I am so sick to my stomach" and "which makes it even more heartbreaking for me" lol relax girl I'm sure she picked aria up some chic fil a after school anyways
My son's school has a special fund for times kids forget their lunch or don't have money in their Titan account. The fund only pays for snacks like crackers but I'm sure her school would not let her go without eating even a snack.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

AKA: How could I forget her lunch!! Now I look like a young unmarried mother with her hands full!! Oh no people are going to judge me!! I'm not married! I have three kids! How could I forget!!!!

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Didnt someone say she had bought Aria graph paper instead of regular lined paper? The teachers probably do think she's an idiot. but she is so...
RedRuby
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by RedRuby »

rachelmomma3 wrote:She hasn't donated anything to the gofundme? Really?

When i know people with an account I'd rather donate in a way that doesn't take a percentage of money. It doesn't make sense for her to do so when she can just deposit it straight to his bank account
RedRuby
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by RedRuby »

lizpuff2006 wrote:
TeaFor2 wrote:According to her gofundme, 6 months ago her dad began experiencing symptoms. He put it off hoping it was nothing serious and didn't go in for testing until a few months later (so around 4 months ago).
At that time he was told he needed to go in for a second colonoscopy because they were unable to get a proper sample during the first one.

It has been approximately 4 months since he was told that. I wonder why it didn't happen. 4 months is lots of time to get your own health insurance. I wonder why he still doesn't have insurance?

And this is shocking to me that knowing her dad had these potential medical problems she STILL didn't take Aria and Nolan with her to his house for a visit. At this point nobody knows just how serious his medical problems are because he needs to go in for that second test to find out. Yet she still didn't take them not knowing if things are going to get worse for her dad or not?

As for the gofund me page I have a few concerns:
1. Britney has not done all she can do yet like she claims in the gofund me. "When I say that this is his last resort, this is really his last resort, as well as mine."
One example is from yesterday after she tweeted about the gofund me, people responded to her and said he will probably qualify for Cobra health insurance. Britney responded to someone saying she plans on looking into it.
What??? Why didn't you look into it first before asking the public for $10,000?

2. I would like to see a break down of where she is getting this $10,000 figure from.
You can google "cost of colonoscopy in Columbus Ohio" and it brings up a long list of medical clinics who perform this for a price ranging from $600-$1500.

3. Britney, what do you mean by "(no one ever plans for this kind of thing and if I knew this would happen, I would definitely have all the means financially to help my father)"
Your father has known for around 4 months that he needed to go for this second test. Yet just last week you went and spent $500 to get your eyebrows done???
For one, most insurance companies have a thing called open enrollment. You can't just sign up whenever you want. You have to have a qualifying event or wait for the open enrollment period. So depending on the timeline he may not have qualified to sign up for insurance. Second maybe he still couldn't afford it. Hospitals and clinics will give people a discount if they don't have insurance. For some this is cheaper than paying premiums each month. I don't know his details or what he can and can't afford but it is what it is now.
Yup my daughter's insurance is on the cheaper side and she is completely healthy and is $130 but really doesn't cover much so I don't see his premium being something he can afford while unemployed. Also most won't let him enroll until November and this is something where months can make a big difference

Return to “Britneyandbaby”