C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FitMom wrote:Both of my kids had difficult periods of time at opposite ages. One was when he was a baby and the other when he was a toddler. I remember just having to adapt to it and know that plans could change at any time. i remember my husband and I taking turns taking them outside and walking with them. We didn't eat much out with them when they were young. We would just take them to the Galleria and eat there most of our nights "out". You do what you got to do. I feel that Brooks is acting completely normal. They were lucky with Gaines being calm and "easy".

I feel for C and K...they definitely enjoyed their 20's and had their "freedom". It is probably more exhausting with little ones in your mid 30's. We had our kids in our early/mid 20's...so now in our mid 30's they are older and we have no problems at all in public and such. We just now deal with the sports almost every night thing. Haha.
It definitely is more tiring in your thirties. I remember my cousin had her first at 22, and I had my daughter at 30, around the same time. She got her figure right back, and was glowing, and I was stumbling around looking like a mess. But I did have my twenties to play.
I don't understand why they insist on going out to dinner when they know he's going to be miserable and make them miserable. I mentioned it before and got shot down, but we just took turns walking my son around outside. There was usually something to interest him, even if it was a bush or a bug, or airplanes flying overhead. But if you just sit at the table, you're asking for trouble. My brother did the same with his son. He had the same situation C&K did-- an angel for a first child, didn't even have to baby proof. And the second was a terror. They said that if the second had been born first, they wouldn't have had a second, lol. So, you walk around outside or you get your food to go. It doesn't last forever.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by onbreak »

He's not that bad. He's not a, sit in one place and be content playing quietly, but not many kids are. All kids are different. He was just around other kids at church, he's a sponge
He's just testing them, do you blame him?? I don't. But, I would have snatched that marker away regardless if he cried or not.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I didn't think it was a great idea for Cullen to pretend the Swiffer cleaning solution was orange juice. Gaines is obviously a super smart kid, but you never know what's going on in a child's mind. It reminded me of Ashley from the Gardner Quad Squad telling her daughter a pill was candy to get her to take it (though I feel that's much worse).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Caisflame wrote:I didn't think it was a great idea for Cullen to pretend the Swiffer cleaning solution was orange juice. Gaines is obviously a super smart kid, but you never know what's going on in a child's mind. It reminded me of Ashley from the Gardner Quad Squad telling her daughter a pill was candy to get her to take it (though I feel that's much worse).
Yes-- you should never ever tell your child that something potentially dangerous is something it isn't-- especially something tasty like juice or candy. Missy did that with Ollie's gummy vitamins- called them candy. I find it especially surprising, since didn't they do a sponsored vlog about keeping laundry pods out of reach of children?

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I saw the Instagram story of him pushing the stools around and when they got stuck and wouldn't move anymore, he started whining. LET HIM CRY. Redirect his attention to something else. He'll get over it. It just blows my mind how much they cater to him anytime he fusses. IMO, catering to them makes it SO much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I saw the Instagram story of him pushing the stools around and when they got stuck and wouldn't move anymore, he started whining. LET HIM CRY. Redirect his attention to something else. He'll get over it. It just blows my mind how much they cater to him anytime he fusses. IMO, catering to them makes it SO much worse.

That's true. The minute he starts fussing, they hop to it. He wasn't as fussy a few months ago, if memory serves. I get that it's no fun listening to the dulcet tones of baby fussing, but redirection is a wonderful tool.
And I don't think that amber necklace is working...

iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

That's because the Amber necklaces don't work! They do absolutely nothing and are a choking hazzard. I side eye Katie hard for that. You would think she would have researched it and thought it through more.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

iheartyt wrote:That's because the Amber necklaces don't work! They do absolutely nothing and are a choking hazzard. I side eye Katie hard for that. You would think she would have researched it and thought it through more.
They worked with my kids, and they worked for Gaines too. They are not a choking hazard if you buy good quality ones that are the correct length. I swore by ours when my kids were babies. Lifesavers.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Didn't she say they weren't going to be using the amber teething necklace with Brooks anymore because he was trying to pull them off, so they'd either snap off, or he'd start choking himself? I haven't been paying attention... has he been wearing it the past few days? If he is, that's really irresponsible since he doesn't tolerate them.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Have you done your research on them? SO many babies wear them, mine included. As Playsinrain mentioned, you would need the authentic amber necklaces that are double-knotted between each bead and has a twist bead at the end that prevents loose beds from falling off the string. Find the length that does not reach their mouth since they are not supposed to be chewed on or get wet. My baby has worn hers since 5 months and she is 14 months now. I get the strangulation, but that can be wrapped around a child's ankle if need be. My daughter wears hers around her neck 24/7, except for bath/pool time.

I understand having an opinion about it, but to say they don't work is just silly. Just depends on the child.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

We bought a high end brand of amber necklace for my son because I was worried about the necklace breaking. One of the beads actually broke in half and came off. Just because it's made for babies, doesn't mean it's 100% safe

We stopped using it after that. I don't feel the benefits were worth the risk.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I also wanted to add that just because the American Academy of Pediatrics deems them not safe doesn't mean one can't use it. It's a controversy, same with blanket/stuffed animals in the bed before they're one... some families still do it. Obviously you know what's best for your child. /endrant
☆彡
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

HelloSweetie wrote:We bought a high end brand of amber necklace for my son because I was worried about the necklace breaking. One of the beads actually broke in half and came off. Just because it's made for babies, doesn't mean it's 100% safe Image

We stopped using it after that. I don't feel the benefits were worth the risk.
Yikes, I guess it does happen... Yeah, I edited my comment about that. :shy:
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Didn't she say they weren't going to be using the amber teething necklace with Brooks anymore because he was trying to pull them off, so they'd either snap off, or he'd start choking himself? I haven't been paying attention... has he been wearing it the past few days? If he is, that's really irresponsible since he doesn't tolerate them.

Oh, yes. He's still wearing it. Trundling around the house in nothing but a diaper and the teething necklace.
Why buy him lots of monogrammed clothes when all he wears is a diaper? Not necessarily side eyeing the diaper and nothing else-- he's teething so it's drool city, and it's summer in Alabama. Just questioning the closet full of clothing.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Didn't she say they weren't going to be using the amber teething necklace with Brooks anymore because he was trying to pull them off, so they'd either snap off, or he'd start choking himself? I haven't been paying attention... has he been wearing it the past few days? If he is, that's really irresponsible since he doesn't tolerate them.

Oh, yes. He's still wearing it. Trundling around the house in nothing but a diaper and the teething necklace.
Why buy him lots of monogrammed clothes when all he wears is a diaper? Not necessarily side eyeing the diaper and nothing else-- he's teething so it's drool city, and it's summer in Alabama. Just questioning the closet full of clothing.

I think all that monogrammed stuff they were just sent were sent as gifts/swag for an etsy shop shout out. I mean my kids ran around the house in nothing but a diaper when it was hot out, but i still bought them clothes and they had more than enough clothing. At least they dress him when they are out of the house, nothing chaps my ass more than a baby in walmart with nothing but a diaper on. It's looks trashy, even if its hot outside at the least put a onesie on your kid. When its hot out, you don't go to the grocery store in just your underwear. *rant over :lol: *
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

That black bean quinoa dish Katie was making looked really yummy until she dumped that whole can of enchilada sauce in it, and then added what looked to be at least 3 cups of shredded cheese. And then to eat it with Doritos? I can't imagine eating that for dinner. And they had fast-food burgers for lunch. Might as well just take that FitBit off.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

askeptichere wrote:That black bean quinoa dish Katie was making looked really yummy until she dumped that whole can of enchilada sauce in it, and then added what looked to be at least 3 cups of shredded cheese. And then to eat it with Doritos? I can't imagine eating that for dinner. And they had fast-food burgers for lunch. Might as well just take that FitBit off.
Ikr? I was excited that they might start eating healthier. I guess they think it's healthy since there was no meat and it was quinoa based?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Cullens face when she mentioned meatless Monday, lol
My son has the same face when he realizes there's a vegetarian dinner in front of him at the table

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I think all that monogrammed stuff they were just sent were sent as gifts/swag for an etsy shop shout out. I mean my kids ran around the house in nothing but a diaper when it was hot out, but i still bought them clothes and they had more than enough clothing. At least they dress him when they are out of the house, nothing chaps my ass more than a baby in walmart with nothing but a diaper on. It's looks trashy, even if its hot outside at the least put a onesie on your kid. When its hot out, you don't go to the grocery store in just your underwear. *rant over Image *
Oh, yeah-- I get that the stuff they got sent was swag in exchange for a shout out. I shouldn't have said monogrammed. I just know that they have a ton of clothes for that boy anyway. I don't have an issue with a teething baby being in a diaper at home in the summer, but why buy a bunch of stuff he's going to outgrow without ever wearing?

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I watched Livingrosa's vlog recently and Tara mentioned their sponsored video had to be approved by their sponsor before posting that's why it may seem out of order (referring to Mandi's mom visiting who will be in the vlog even though she left when it'll be posted) so it got me wondering if C&K's videos that are sponsored have to be approved before hand? Made me think of their Hello Fresh one.... unless they added it into a clip. Because the vlog showed Cullen taking a pic of the food but don't remember seeing it on social media. Hm.
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”