DailyToddlerTrappedInPreschool (DailyBumps) - Part 93

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyToddlerTrappedInPreschool (DailyBumps) - Part 93

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Shorty02 wrote:All of this talk about drinking and I'm over here wondering if the boys had car seats in that rental car.

Did they ever show the "boys car" in any of the Oregon vlogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first day in Oregon they filmed in the other rental car and they had car seats.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Maybe I missed a vlog but how do you know all 4 of them are getting so shitfaced that they can't take care of kids? That's a big accusation. I saw a couple of them drinking at lunch in a vlog but maybe I missed something.

We haven't, which is why i have been defending them during this trip. It doesn't look like to me that they got anything more than just a little tipsy/silly. Sure they could be all passed out drooling on each other after the vlogs end, but based on what we have seen i can't say that there is anything more neglectful than usual going on.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 5764ac.jpg[/img]

I'm assuming Finn's car seat is behind the passenger seat.

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 5764ac.jpg[/img]

I'm assuming Finn's car seat is behind the passenger seat.

Thank you! I'm happy I was wrong about that.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Shorty02 wrote:All of this talk about drinking and I'm over here wondering if the boys had car seats in that rental car.

Did they ever show the "boys car" in any of the Oregon vlogs?

Missy did mention that they did the whole trip without car seats....
Yeah, that was weird, because they were in car seats in the "boys car" in K&C's vlog. But Bryan definitely bragged that they got through the trip with "no car seats and no strollers." Maybe he meant without bringing those items on the plane? Or maybe he is just that clueless and didn't know they were in car seats because Corbin did all the work Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 02c8a9.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... bb235e.png[/img]

Last edited by cat9480 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

No one said they are getting shit faced.

Many of us think they are careless enough parents without alcohol, that we hate to think what could happen with it factored in.

You don't have to be "shit faced" to have your judgement impaired. Could just be they get distracted?

It's a valid concern.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's been a minute since i've had babies in car seats but that seat does not look appropriate for Finn. I'm glad they used seats and they were obviously supplied by the rental place but yikes.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The path of totality was right near Nancy's house too. Just once I'd like to see Bryan put his foot down and take the kids to ID. That has to feel awful for her to see them travel all the time for everyone else, but not to see her. Bev too.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
It's been a minute since i've had babies in car seats but that seat does not look appropriate for Finn. I'm glad they used seats and they were obviously supplied by the rental place but yikes.
Finn's seat was not adjusted correctly at all. The shoulder straps are inches too high, and should be coming up from behind him. There should also be additional padding on the sides for support. He's basically in a 5 point booster, and he definitely isn't old enough for that yet.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Is Finn's car seat forward facing? He's not old enough for that either, is he? In NJ, they have to be 2 and up. idk how it is in California and Oregon. B&M usually have him rear facing (I think), so I don't understand why he's forward facing on this trip.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tintin15 wrote:Is Finn's car seat forward facing? He's not old enough for that either, is he? In NJ, they have to be 2 and up. idk how it is in California and Oregon. B&M usually have him rear facing (I think), so I don't understand why he's forward facing on this trip.
The recommendation is 2. Maybe the rental place only has forward facing seats. Only certain ones can be rear faced. I agree he should have been rear facing. They should have just brought his seat on the plane and rented one for Ollie.

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

tintin15 wrote:Is Finn's car seat forward facing? He's not old enough for that either, is he? In NJ, they have to be 2 and up. idk how it is in California and Oregon. B&M usually have him rear facing (I think), so I don't understand why he's forward facing on this trip.
It's law in California to have kids rear face until two years old (at the very minimum).
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Finn's seat was not adjusted correctly at all. The shoulder straps are inches too high, and should be coming up from behind him. There should also be additional padding on the sides for support. He's basically in a 5 point booster, and he definitely isn't old enough for that yet.
Yes, everything about it is wrong except that he can be in a 5-point....just not that one, lol. If he's rear facing (as he should be), the straps should be below his shoulders because he'd slide down in an impact (as you stated). If he's forward facing (which he absolutely shouldn't be), the straps should be JUST above his shoulders, but this picture indicates he's slouching, therefore the straps are overall too loose. The chest clips is too high as well and should be about an inch lower, directly across the middle of his sternum. That looks like a racecar seat to me and not nearly protective enough. Lord, with their money, I'd be buying Britax Frontier seats for every single car I owned, without a second thought.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They were uploading IG stories of the crowds at PDX. With all their traveling, why wouldn't they do the TSA pre check? I know they travel first class, but why not get pre approved so that they don't have to wait in line anyway?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
queentee20 wrote:And for you all who think 1 drink isn't anything, I'm about Kelsey's weight and 1 beer will make me tipsy x) just because heavier people can handle 1 doesn't mean everyone can... every body weight handles liquor differently
Tolerance also comes into play with this as well though. Kelsey drinks on a regular basis. I highly doubt that one beer would make her tipsy. Just bc you weigh the same as she does does not mean you handle booze the same way. Hell i know i guy (admittedly he is an alcoholic, unfortunate) who might weigh 150 lbs soaking wet and can down a 12 pack and you would have no clue he was under the influence (too the naked, untrained eye at least). I'm not trying to open this back up, but while weight does have a little to do with it, it's not the deciding factor as too how much booze you can handle. I drink semi regularly, under 10 drinks a month i would estimate. The more often i drink, the more i can drink without feeling the effects, but if i go several weeks without a drink then sure, one large beer goes straight to my head (still not to the point where i can't take care of my kids). But other times i can have 3-4 and feel absolutely sober (i'm not of course, but i'm not tipsy to the point of not being coherent).
Also... Corbin is oddly possessive and controlling over Kelsey and her and June's bond (relationship? not sure how to put what i'm saying into words). he's way WAY overprotective of June, i know this side of him has been discussed her and on their board. I think that with his personality being so overbearing with Kels and June, that either he would restrict Kelsey's alcohol consumption or he would stay sober enough to take care of her if something were to happen. I'm not saying that in it's self is a bad thing, bc like i have said i do hope someone is sober enough to get them out of there if the need be. But Corbin is weird and i doubt he would "allow" Kelsey to get so shitfaced she couldnt take care of the baby.. Plus isn't she still EBF? I don't want to get in a whole breastfeeding while drinking debate, bc that always ends well :roll: but we have to take that into account as well.
very true, i forgot about that.... and yes she drinks while breastfeeding, she's gotten slammered while breastfeeding, her doctor says its safe xD lol and yeah corbin seems controlling but he can't control her around friends.
I beg to differ, a controlling spouse can and will control their partner around friends, sometimes even more so than when they are alone. When did she get hammered? Is there a vlog? I'd like to see that one...
Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

Also with the car seat thing Ollie isn't old enough or tall enough to safely be in a booster seat yet. I didn't see Finn but I noticed Ollie in the wrong seat right away. But I'm super anal about that, it's just not worth the risk ever.

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Playsinrain wrote:
I beg to differ, a controlling spouse can and will control their partner around friends, sometimes even more so than when they are alone. When did she get hammered? Is there a vlog? I'd like to see that one...
Many controlling partners maintain their power by isolating their partner from others. It is harder to maintain a certain "front" while others are around. I agree that it would be harder for Corbin to control Kelsey with everyone else there.

That said, I completely disagree with the assessment that he is controlling. I've been in a controlling relationship before, and what I see from Kelsey isn't her being controlled, but being lazy. She lets Corbin run the show because life is a lot harder if she actually has to think freely.

I don't think Missy is controlled either (as is often suggested here). I think people let their hate for Corbin and Bryan cloud their judgement. Nia and Jared have some major red flags for having been controlled and abused, but Missy and Kelsey just don't in my opinion.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

If anyone in Bryan and Missy's relationship is controlling, it's Missy. Bryan jumps through all kinds of hoops trying to get her approval. She was the driving force behind the pool renovations. Whenever he gets her a present, she gives this "Meh" reaction, and Bryan says "Did I do good? Do you like it?"
We've hashed and rehashed this-- I don't see how anyone could think Bryan controls Missy.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yeah, maybe "controlling" is the wrong word. It's more like apathy.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I do not think that Bryan is controlling over Missy, never have. I don't really think Missy is as controlling over Bryan but she for sure "wears the pants" in that relationship (and frankly every relationship in her life, her parents/siblings included) and i do think that Bryan practically has to beg for her approval and that she voices her disapproval loudly off camera.
I don't know if controlling is the word i'm looking for when it comes to Corbin and Kelsey. He tends to guilt trip the crap out of her when it comes to June. The girl can't even go get a haircut without him acting like it's the end of the world bc he has to watch june, but then in the same breath he made a whole video about how he doesn't feel like it's fair that men can't breastfeed. lol He is so strange with that child. I feel like Kelsey might get a lot of grief off camera if Corbin doesn't think shes doing something "right" (his way) with June. I can't imagine it would go down well if she got so drunk that she was unable to tend to June's needs fully. That's what i was trying to get at. I don't think that he controls her to the point where he's saying "i won't allow you to do XY&Z.." but i can totally see her getting a huge guilt trip from him over minor stuff.

Return to “Daily Bumps”