C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by lmmomSD »

japaluvr wrote:Man, I totally have a mom-crush on Cullen. *heart eyes* He also has more pairs of shoes than me!
Sorry, he doesn't do it for me. I know I have been so subtle about it, lol.
Of course he mentions "Netflix and chill". Does anyone use those terms anymore? And didn't he already do the extended warranty scam call? I know Sam talked about it-- I thought Cullen did it too around the same time.
I'm not surprised the kids did ok. The teachers know how to deal with them. My son used to cry and cry, until he couldn't see me anymore. It was all for my benefit. Brooks probably does the same.
Is the "First Day of School" pictures a recent thing? Nobody did that really, when my kids were little, and nobody did it when I was growing up. And Katie was going on about how "important" it was to have a good picture.
Cullen was getting out of breath talking about his closet. That's not a good sign.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I used to eat margarine sandwiches when i was a kid lol why my parents let me do this i will never know. Cheese and mayo seems totally normal compared to that. My daughter used to eat cheese, turkey and ketchup.... :barf:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kinda rude of him to keep filming her in the bathtub after she told him several times to stop. But I guess if she was really mad about it, she wouldn't have let him include it in the vlog.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:
japaluvr wrote:Man, I totally have a mom-crush on Cullen. *heart eyes* He also has more pairs of shoes than me!
Sorry, he doesn't do it for me. I know I have been so subtle about it, lol.
Of course he mentions "Netflix and chill". Does anyone use those terms anymore? And didn't he already do the extended warranty scam call? I know Sam talked about it-- I thought Cullen did it too around the same time.
I'm not surprised the kids did ok. The teachers know how to deal with them. My son used to cry and cry, until he couldn't see me anymore. It was all for my benefit. Brooks probably does the same.
Is the "First Day of School" pictures a recent thing? Nobody did that really, when my kids were little, and nobody did it when I was growing up. And Katie was going on about how "important" it was to have a good picture.
Cullen was getting out of breath talking about his closet. That's not a good sign.

Cullen always cracks me up with the telemarketers though, i love it when he gives them hell, much deserved. lol
I have first day and last day of school pics for both my kids since MDO, but no one ever took pics of me on the first day. I think its the social media age we live in now, my TL's have been flooded for the past month with those pics. I like having them so that i can look back at how much they have grown over the year. I know things like that are super important to some people.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I hate that they use the golf course as their own personal playground. He and Jay hitting balls, and now taking the kids to play in the sand hazards and roll on the fairways. Sure it may be innocent fun, but that doesn't mean it's not trespassing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:I hate that they use the golf course as their own personal playground. He and Jay hitting balls, and now taking the kids to play in the sand hazards and roll on the fairways. Sure it may be innocent fun, but that doesn't mean it's not trespassing.
He and Jay really shouldn't be hitting balls. If you look at the bylaws of the golf club, they are super particular about playing on the course and who's allowed, and tee times.
I have wandered around golf courses, so I can't judge them too hard for walking around on it. However, I didn't go play in the sand hazards. I wonder if they really raked it or just had Gaines pull the rake over it once for vlog footage.
Doesn't their neighborhood have a playground?

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Those first day of school outfits were giving me more of a Christmas vibe rather than school, especially paired with Gaines green bow. I was surprised, Katie is usually good at picking cute outfits for them. Those outfits just didn't do it for me. I know this is probably stupid to everyone else but I love kids clothes like Katie so it's just something that stood out to me.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Some thoughts from today. Cullen complaining until today he hasn't had time to work on his closet. Really? They are two stay at home parents there is no excuse for not having time to do anything. One parent can occupy the kids while the other gets thing done, it's not that hard, I know Cullen doesn't spend the entire day editing.

Also we get it, Gaines is smart but you aren't above the rules. The cutoff for birthdays is September 1st. My birthday is September 30th so all my school years I was the oldest in class. Maybe the teachers will move her to the 3 year old class if she gets bored but that's up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Some thoughts from today. Cullen complaining until today he hasn't had time to work on his closet. Really? They are two stay at home parents there is no excuse for not having time to do anything. One parent can occupy the kids while the other gets thing done, it's not that hard, I know Cullen doesn't spend the entire day editing.

Also we get it, Gaines is smart but you aren't above the rules. The cutoff for birthdays is September 1st. My birthday is September 30th so all my school years I was the oldest in class. Maybe the teachers will move her to the 3 year old class if she gets bored but that's up to them.

Their bragging on Gaines annoyed me, too. My son't birthday is Sept 19 so he misses the cutoff, but I'm glad he gets an extra year of preschool before Kindergarten. If they pushed her into the next grade, she'd be a whole year behind the rest of the class socially and in maturity. There's a lot more to school that book smarts. Let them be little.

Cullen really just needs to just let Katie explain things. When she was talking about the benefits of MDO, and then Cullen jumped in and was stumbling over words and not knowing how to get his point across. Just, shhhhhh.

And Cullen saying now there's room in his closet for activities... what?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Some thoughts from today. Cullen complaining until today he hasn't had time to work on his closet. Really? They are two stay at home parents there is no excuse for not having time to do anything. One parent can occupy the kids while the other gets thing done, it's not that hard, I know Cullen doesn't spend the entire day editing.

Their bragging on Gaines annoyed me, too. My son't birthday is Sept 19 so he misses the cutoff, but I'm glad he gets an extra year of preschool before Kindergarten. If they pushed her into the next grade, she'd be a whole year behind the rest of the class socially and in maturity. There's a lot more to school that book smarts. Let them be little.

Cullen really just needs to just let Katie explain things. When she was talking about the benefits of MDO, and then Cullen jumped in and was stumbling over words and not knowing how to get his point across. Just, shhhhhh.

It's a line out of the movie Step Brothers. "There's so much room for activities" he was joking.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Caisflame wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

It's a line out of the movie Step Brothers. "There's so much room for activities" he was joking.
Ok that makes more sense. I should just assume everything that comes out of Cullen's mouth is a joke.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Vloggers lose all perspective as they get more and more accustomed to staying home. It's pretty clear they don't have anyone in their lives pointing this out to them.

For instance.... my husband travels for work a lot and I'm left for weeks at a time to keep things under control here. Yardwork, housecleaning, work, shopping, house repairs, etc. I grew up with a single parent, so as busy as I am (and as hard as it is) when I'm alone, I can only whine so long before my mom points out that at least I don't have to do it alone all the time. She's right, and her giving me that perspective keeps me grounded. I feel YTers like E&J, B&M and C&K don't have people in their lives willing to make sure they know how lucky they really are.

And if they think they are busy now, just wait until the kids are old enough to start activities! All these YTers might want to rethink having more kids if they can't handle two with two SAH pagenys.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:

He interrupts her a lot. I would backhand a man if he did that to me as often as Cullen does to Katie. Not really, obviously, but it really is obnoxious how when they're talking, he just interrupts her and starts talking over her. Especially when they are talking about how they feel about things. And in general, Katie is more articulate than he is. I would much rather hear what she has to say.

millerca09
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by millerca09 »

Regarding cutoffs, when I was in school the cutoff was September 30th for my school district in PA. My bday is Sept 17th so I was always the youngest in my class. My daughters bday is Sept 22, the cutoff is now Sept 1st BUT there is a test they offer to start if your bday is with so many days of the cutoff.

cottonblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cottonblossom »

They just changed the cutoff here. For the longest time it was October 1st, but starting this year it has changed to August 1st. My daughter's birthday is September 9th, so she will be like Gaines and be one of the older kids. I was wanting her to start preschool when she turned 3, but now she won't be able to start until she's almost 4.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Regarding the mayo & cheese sandwich, it was totally my favorite growing up. In fact I still enjoy them occasionally to this day, usually in the summer time because it's nice and light. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I ate mayonnaise sandwiches as a kid. My mom would serve us tomato sandwiches and I could not eat tomatoes when I was small so being the good mother she was she just omitted tomatoes from my lunch. Now she loves to tell people I only would eat mayonnaise sandwiches growing up. Look up the word crazy and you will see her picture

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So nobody said-- was it white bread? I missed that part...

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Can someone explain Mother's Day Out to me? Seems more like a glorified daycare. Most preschools here for 3 and 4 year olds are 2-3 times a week for only 2.5 hours. You can find places that meet more often, but it's still for only a few hours. If they're sending them lunches, they must be there for a good chunk of the day. And Gaines is going 3 days a week! Seems a bit much for kids so young.

It's a program through their church. It is basically a daycare. They do a little bit of learning, crafts, and sing about Jesus. I'm sure it's good for the kids socialization. I wish they had programs like this for agnostic/atheist families I would sign my kids up.

Are there any Unitarian churches in your area? We sent my stepgirl to a program through one of the Unitarian churches when she was Gaines' age. We didn't even attend the church, just knew one of the ministers socially. Some of the other children came from families that self-identified as Catholic, Jewish, etc, but the guiding principles of the program were along the lines of "be kind, respect others, contribute to your community," and so on and so forth. Basically it was the antidote to some extreme/intolerant principles she was exposed to elsewhere. She also needed the socialization, being an only child.

I haven't watched many C&K vlogs lately, but I actually think dramatic babies are hilarious, so I guess I'll catch myself up!

ETA: I didn't believe mayonnaise sandwiches were even a thing until recently. I thought someone was pulling my leg! I'm a mayo hater and cannot imagine anything less appetizing (except maybe egg salad).
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

lmmomSD wrote:So nobody said-- was it white bread? I missed that part...

Yes.. lol it was white bread. No nutritional value at all.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”