Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

I don't have an opinion on the santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy business, each family is different... BUT... it made me think of ALL the family vloggers and kids we have all been watching for years... we are gonna start seeing them find out these characters aren't real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I thought it was cute how Boston was explaining "they really can't eat because they aren't real" lol and he handled his shots better than I expected him to.
The house is smaller, I do feel like the living room is just wasted space because they don't seem to sit in there much but I figure Bonnie and Joel have a pretty good savings saved up because they aren't paying a ton for a huge house so when youtube dries out, they will still be pretty comfortable for awhile.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Yeah, I don't particularly feel that the house is too small, objectively. My grandparents raised 7 kids in a 3-bedroom house with 1 bathroom, and no basement at all. It's just that it's become the norm to have more space, for most kids to have their own rooms, master bedrooms to have an attached bath, etc. Personally I kind of feel like these higher expectations have set the average American family further back in terms of financial stability and saving for the future. It often takes two income-earning parents to support a larger home, have new vehicles, and support the expenses of all the clothing, toys, activities etc that are "normal" but not strictly necessary.

The only area of Bonnie's house that I would struggle with is her kitchen/dining area. I would have sacrificed just about anything else to change that setup during the remodel. I don't feel like that setup would be adequate to feed a large family. But I don't think Bonnie does as much cooking/baking as I would, if I had 4 kids and participated in a church community. Cereal, hot dogs, paper plates, etc - I'm not judging her, just saying the kitchen isn't the heart of their home.

But otherwise I think it's fine. The basement living area and big, grassy backyard make up for the lack of play space in the boys' bedrooms. Their rooms seem like they are more for sleeping than play anyway.
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I think their house seems super tiny because majority of youtubers have these huge beautiful houses but their house is 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 living spaces. Their basement is really big. The only thing that is tiny is the kitchen/dining area and they could have made that bigger if they really wanted to (I would've but I like big kitchens). Their backyard is huge too.
Their house is small but it's definitely able to work with their family.

EXACTLY.

Redfin says the house is 1000 sqft and that the yard is 9148. My home is basically the same layout but 1200 sqft, so I suspect Redfin might be off a bit.

Bigger homes are more common nowadays, but these come at the expense of a large yard. I get the impression that B&J value a nice yard every bit as much as a nice home. I noticed the front garden in today's vlog, and there isn't a weed in sight!
Wait, 1000 Sq feet? That's the size of my 2-bedroom apartment and our rooms are even smaller than theirs. I feel like with 4 bedrooms and a basement it has to be at least 1800-2000?
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Ducklings4 wrote:When my kids started questioning Santa's existence, I read them Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus. They learned more about the spirit and goodwill. None of them have ever accused me of lying to them. I believe they enjoyed the magic of their childhood. They still talk about the leprechaun traps we made every year, gifts for Santa and food for his reindeer. Since we usually traveled over Easter the Easter Bunny was not such a big thing. My oldest says the Tooth Fairy is why she became a feminist. For her first tooth she got 4 quarters and 4 Susan B Anthony dollars. Being the bookish scholar she is she looked up who Susan B Anthony was.

I was just catching up on this conversation and I think this summed it up absolutely perfectly for me. I remember that there was a point probably around Olivia's age where I started to wonder if maybe Santa wasn't real, and I'm pretty sure I asked my older brother about it and that's likely how I found out (though I can't remember there being an exact moment, I think it was just a conclusion I came to over time). But I always remember even after I knew, there was still this magic about the whole experience and I didn't want that to end, especially for my younger brother or my much younger cousins. Like you, I remember the traditions we shared as a family and in school (I attended Catholic school so we celebrated the holidays in school as well) and I feel like the spirit of the holidays and the joy those traditions brought are the memories we hold and what we pass on. I don't ever remember thinking my parents had lied to me or being angry about it.

I feel like the world we live in is rough enough and gives us plenty of reasons to question our faith without worrying that lying to our children about Santa Claus will scar them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alexandriablue wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I think their house seems super tiny because majority of youtubers have these huge beautiful houses but their house is 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 living spaces. Their basement is really big. The only thing that is tiny is the kitchen/dining area and they could have made that bigger if they really wanted to (I would've but I like big kitchens). Their backyard is huge too.
Their house is small but it's definitely able to work with their family.

EXACTLY.

Redfin says the house is 1000 sqft and that the yard is 9148. My home is basically the same layout but 1200 sqft, so I suspect Redfin might be off a bit.

Bigger homes are more common nowadays, but these come at the expense of a large yard. I get the impression that B&J value a nice yard every bit as much as a nice home. I noticed the front garden in today's vlog, and there isn't a weed in sight!
Wait, 1000 Sq feet? That's the size of my 2-bedroom apartment and our rooms are even smaller than theirs. I feel like with 4 bedrooms and a basement it has to be at least 1800-2000?
That listing wouldn't include the basement, so it would really be more like 2000 sqft of living soace not including the garage.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Yeah, I don't particularly feel that the house is too small, objectively. My grandparents raised 7 kids in a 3-bedroom house with 1 bathroom, and no basement at all. It's just that it's become the norm to have more space, for most kids to have their own rooms, master bedrooms to have an attached bath, etc. Personally I kind of feel like these higher expectations have set the average American family further back in terms of financial stability and saving for the future. It often takes two income-earning parents to support a larger home, have new vehicles, and support the expenses of all the clothing, toys, activities etc that are "normal" but not strictly necessary.

The only area of Bonnie's house that I would struggle with is her kitchen/dining area. I would have sacrificed just about anything else to change that setup during the remodel. I don't feel like that setup would be adequate to feed a large family. But I don't think Bonnie does as much cooking/baking as I would, if I had 4 kids and participated in a church community. Cereal, hot dogs, paper plates, etc - I'm not judging her, just saying the kitchen isn't the heart of their home.

But otherwise I think it's fine. The basement living area and big, grassy backyard make up for the lack of play space in the boys' bedrooms. Their rooms seem like they are more for sleeping than play anyway.
Yes, I go crazy with my small kitchen and lack of counter space. It's the only thing about Bonnie's house I would have a problem with. I like having an en suite bathroom, but it's not a _necessity_. The big back yard is so much more important with kids like they have.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

thenightowl wrote:I thought it was cute how Boston was explaining "they really can't eat because they aren't real" lol and he handled his shots better than I expected him to.
The house is smaller, I do feel like the living room is just wasted space because they don't seem to sit in there much but I figure Bonnie and Joel have a pretty good savings saved up because they aren't paying a ton for a huge house so when youtube dries out, they will still be pretty comfortable for awhile.
Boston is such a realist, always so serious. A kid after my own heart, I was like that too. Loved the oatmeal part. And yes, the shots! You could see in his face he was trying not to cry. Boston is really shaping up to be such a great kid. His whining phase seems to be passing.
greyskies9
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greyskies9 »

The look Ellie gives Jared in Bonnie's video toady at 1:40 is no joke! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

greyskies9 wrote:The look Ellie gives Jared in Bonnie's video toady at 1:40 is no joke! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
First thing I thought of was Lily from How I Met Your Mother with her "You're dead to me" look Image

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... dc3934.png[/img]

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

greyskies9 wrote:The look Ellie gives Jared in Bonnie's video toady at 1:40 is no joke! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
I had to rewatch. Haha!!!! Wow!!!
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

Beau and family are in town and they are hanging out / sleeping over at Bonnie's not Ellie's although Ellie's house supposedly has more room for quests. I guess the Ice Palace is not that inviting haha
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

YTIUH wrote:Beau and family are in town and they are hanging out / sleeping over at Bonnie's not Ellie's although Ellie's house supposedly has more room for quests. I guess the Ice Palace is not that inviting haha
Kate can play and sleep with Olivia, but they could have just left Kate with Bonnie and them sleeping at EJ, but yeah...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Beau and Bonnie are far closer than Ellie and Beau though. This I can kind of see more than when Julie stays with Bonnie.

Remember when Beau was in the hospital for his tonsils and Bonnie went to see him but Ellie never said a word about it? They aren't close, and I think it's because he and Em see right through her behaviour and don't have time for it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Beau and Bonnie are far closer than Ellie and Beau though. This I can kind of see more than when Julie stays with Bonnie.

Remember when Beau was in the hospital for his tonsils and Bonnie went to see him but Ellie never said a word about it? They aren't close, and I think it's because he and Em see right through her behaviour and don't have time for it.
Can you imagine having Ellie for a sister in law? Beau is the only son, right? "You're not a real sister"-- although she would never actually say that. It would just be communicated in passive aggressive comments.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fd115e.png[/img]

Their age difference always baffles me with how similar they are in size Image

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think the pointless cut back to Jared and his auto correct issues for no apparent reason was to show Ellie with her seatbelt on. She hadn't had one on the entire time they were talking about the bagel.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

littlebaby wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fd115e.png[/img]

My boys are 21 mos apart. By the time they were 6& 8 they were the same size. By 8th grade the younger one was taller, heavier, and stronger. I bet Boston will do the same thing.

Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think the pointless cut back to Jared and his auto correct issues for no apparent reason was to show Ellie with her seatbelt on. She hadn't had one on the entire time they were talking about the bagel.
I remember old E&J vlogs where Ellie would either not wear her seatbelt or would tuck it underneath her arm. This is a habit of hers, and Jared is just better at hiding it now.
onceafollower
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by onceafollower »

littlebaby wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... fd115e.png[/img]

My boys were like that too at that age. Now at 10 and 12 the younger one is a good 4-5 " taller and 10 lbs more than the older one.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”