Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by Vincere »

workfromhomemom wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Booyyy the tension was real when Ellie was saying congrats to 8passengers. She was one step above saying it with clenched teeth.

Ellie: (monotone) so happy for them. *looks down*

Lol. They should've cut that part out. Looking down after saying something like that is a huge indicator that someone isn't being sincere. Surprise, surprise.
I no longer watch them, what were they congratulating them for? Did 8 passengers reach a milestone?
8Passengers reached 1 million subscribers, while EJ have 1.2 million.

8Passengers added 100k subscribers in the last 30 days while EJ only 4k. So 8P will overtake them in the next couple of months.

Not the mention 8P has 3 times more views and not affiliated with a network.

8Passengers socialblabe: https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel ... QNeUwVpBUA
EJ Socialblade: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/stylebyellie
Bonnie socialblade: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/bonniehoellein
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Vincere wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Booyyy the tension was real when Ellie was saying congrats to 8passengers. She was one step above saying it with clenched teeth.

Ellie: (monotone) so happy for them. *looks down*

Lol. They should've cut that part out. Looking down after saying something like that is a huge indicator that someone isn't being sincere. Surprise, surprise.
I no longer watch them, what were they congratulating them for? Did 8 passengers reach a milestone?
8Passengers reached 1 million subscribers, while EJ have 1.2 million.

8Passengers added 100k subscribers in the last 30 days while EJ only 4k. So 8P will overtake them in the next couple of months.

Not the mention 8P has 3 times more views and not affiliated with a network.

8Passengers socialblabe: https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel ... QNeUwVpBUA
EJ Socialblade: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/stylebyellie
Bonnie socialblade: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/bonniehoellein
Even if Ellie was good at sharing and supporting others, that would have to bother her. I can't help but wonder what conversations Jared has with his marketing father about their channel's decline. 8 months ago they were speculated to be earning more than a million a year! Now their income is down about 40%. I don't see a baby fixing this issue at all, I think they are on the way out.

Isn't it funny that the Griffiths are all about family, but fail to support each other's success?
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:Have they taught Calvin any sign language?
I still can't believe Ellie doesn't think kids his age can talk. I guess she never really paid any attention to her nieces and nephews.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Or her own son!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

There's a comment on Ellies new video about her being anorexic. And the minions are going insane :D
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Nuna wrote:
Even if Ellie was good at sharing and supporting others, that would have to bother her. I can't help but wonder what conversations Jared has with his marketing father about their channel's decline. 8 months ago they were speculated to be earning more than a million a year! Now their income is down about 40%. I don't see a baby fixing this issue at all, I think they are on the way out.

Isn't it funny that the Griffiths are all about family, but fail to support each other's success?
Jared's dad is more into SEO (Search Engine Optimisation, making your website appear higher on the Google search list). https://www.mechamcompany.com/

I think their new website and merch is supposed to offer additional income, however they did not really advertise it, I mean I haven't watched the vlogs in a while but the designs are basic as fuck. I think this kind of vlogs are more a lucky hit than exact science, but I think that a marketing guru can have a high chance to make a popular channel.

If Ellie weren't so... not smart... they could have easily done a mom oriented podcast with all the moms in the Griffiths family on actual interesting subjects and catering for mothers with actual research done (heck they can pay people to do that) but be smart enough to carry a conversation.

I think with their approx 10 million views/month they are doing ok to live more than comfortably, they already have a huge house, cars, camper, clothes.

The geekify guys was clearly a miss, showing that they were lucky becoming popular and not actually knowing what they are doing. If views go down Ellie can restart her channel and get some extra views.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Ellie was amazed they made Reef flip flops with a strap in the boys size. In Bonnies vlog Boston was wearing the same style Reef sandals Ellie was Awwing over in their vlog, you know the same flip flops Boston has been wearing all summer!
ApplePie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ApplePie »

Where was Ellie congratulating 8 Passengers? I didn't see that.
pplove85
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pplove85 »

ApplePie wrote:Where was Ellie congratulating 8 Passengers? I didn't see that.
it was the end of the vlog
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

^^^^ if SB estimates are high like I've heard, and the real total is somewhere in the middle, the E&J have gone from about 600K in Jan to 320K now. Yes they can live comfortably with this, but they a certain financial decisions when they thought the numbers were going to keep climbing. For instance, based on that budget Ellie showed the one time, they weren't putting enough into long-term savings when they had more disposable income. E&J desperately like to keep up with the Joneses and they definitely won't be able to with their numbers treading so far behind Ruby and Bonnie's.... especially given that both sisters have no network and have maintained their old lifestyle for the most part.

E&J spend quite freely now, and that isn't sustainable. On paper and to most of us it seems like they make a lot of money, and they do, but they have upgraded their lifestyle substantially so there is less money to long-term savings. If they want to plan a retirement of even $100 a year, for the next 35+ yrs (assuming YT is sustainable for at least the next 10 yrs) then they need to be saving over half what they earn every month. For reference, my husband and his coworkers earn slightly less than E&J, yet all have lifestyles that more closely resemble Bonnie or Ruby's. We live in a comparable area as far as costs go, but if you make a lot and want it to stay that way for your entire lives, then you have to save more also. Not buy a fancy house, large hot tub, new camper (etc etc) on the spur of the moment.

So basically they are living comfortably, but it's just for now. Continuing as they do the day will come when they are not only having to work out of the home again, but find another 6 figure job.

This isn't even accounting for the mission or educational savings (and weddings) they will need for the boys, both of which will require hundreds of thousands as well.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just don't understand why they can't cross promote anyone except DB or C&K. Jared's brothers vlog-- not a peep. Ellie's sisters vlog, and they hardly ever link to their channels. It's not like viewers are a pie, and if Ruby (or Matt & Em) gets more, Ellie gets less.

ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

Vincere wrote:
Nuna wrote:

If Ellie weren't so... not smart... they could have easily done a mom oriented podcast with all the moms in the Griffiths family on actual interesting subjects and catering for mothers with actual research done (heck they can pay people to do that) but be smart enough to carry a conversation.
That's actually a brilliant idea, a lot of people would watch that!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

ReginaPhalange wrote:
Vincere wrote:
Nuna wrote:

That's actually a brilliant idea, a lot of people would watch that!
The Butlers had something similar and it died because it was just Mormon rhetoric all the time. There was no diversity to the opinions for the most part.

Most moms are limited on time, they aren't going to tune into watch a bunch of sanctimonious Mormon wives talk about how they have it all figured out.

Or worse, listen to Ellie whine about how hard it is to make meals for her family.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

lmmomSD wrote:I just don't understand why they can't cross promote anyone except DB or C&K. Jared's brothers vlog-- not a peep. Ellie's sisters vlog, and they hardly ever link to their channels. It's not like viewers are a pie, and if Ruby (or Matt & Em) gets more, Ellie gets less.

Well, Ellie also thinks that because she has 2 boys, her chances of having a girl are higher. So hey, that probably is the way she thinks.

I have a feeling that they don't promote their siblings (whether they have admitted this to themselves or not) because they were the first to start a channel, and they didn't have any help getting promoted by already successful siblings. I'm pretty sure Aspyn Ovard said the same thing about not promoting her siblings. It's extremely shallow imo, and just speaks worlds about what type of people they are at the end of the day - no matter how hard they try to promote their "FUN and gracious" image.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I just don't understand why they can't cross promote anyone except DB or C&K. Jared's brothers vlog-- not a peep. Ellie's sisters vlog, and they hardly ever link to their channels. It's not like viewers are a pie, and if Ruby (or Matt & Em) gets more, Ellie gets less.

Well, Ellie also thinks that because she has 2 boys, her chances of having a girl are higher. So hey, that probably is the way she thinks.

I have a feeling that they don't promote their siblings (whether they have admitted this to themselves or not) because they were the first to start a channel, and they didn't have any help getting promoted by already successful siblings. I'm pretty sure Aspyn Ovard said the same thing about not promoting her siblings. It's extremely shallow imo, and just speaks worlds about what type of people they are at the end of the day - no matter how hard they try to promote their "FUN and gracious" image.
They sure did get help from DB though!
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

UGH! After seeing the Bonnie car clip, I definitely think Ellie is pregnant. Unfortunately, and this kills me to say it, their channel will probably pick back up once there is pregnancy/birth/new baby content.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:

They sure did get help from DB though!
Haha, I was going to add that, but didn't feel like going all into it. But since you mentioned it... Image

I have a feeling they see DB (and the whole DBEJCK thing in general) as like, a "connection" that they made. As we've said many times, they may be "friends" but at the end of the day, it's a business connection. Therefore, I could see them thinking that they "made their own connections" and didn't have the convenience of...built-in connections I guess? I could see them thinking, "Oh well if they want to get promoted, they can find their own YouTube friends."

I hope that makes sense lol. Trying to put myself in their brains gets confusing. Image
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

In total EJ has 485 million views while 8P has 387m and Bonnie 344m so, per total and for now they made the most money. There is also all the sponsorship that can't be easily quantified and nobody is going to count how many each has done, but it would make sense than EJ had the most.

Those extra 100m views must account in some extra cash, but 8P bring in 27m more views monthly over EJ so, the gap will close in 4 months.

I am not worried for them because.

1 I do not care about others and I have my own shit to deal with.
2 They are certainly extremely lucky to have this money revenue. At 27 not many people have a house, drive an expensive car, are able to take a holiday whenever they care. Maybe a lot of people do not their Ice Palace, but I would take it in a heart beat over the 700 sq feet, one bathroom, apartment I grew in. The open plan kitchen and living room I really like.

At this point forward is their to lose, and I can feel why they would be angry not to lose this lifestyle but they show no gratitude and appreciation. With Jared's skills and her being a stay at home mom they couldn't have had this life otherwise.

Regarding the "podcast" I realise they are all white, privileged, mormon ladies that their only concerns in life were: find a husband, am I fertile enough?

But having moms with different number of children, different ages etc would have been a good perspective. Together they almost have like 3 million subs?
However, as I said they must be smart! The whole family does NOT have any contradictory views. How Jennifer did a thing they are doing it as well. That would not be a good discussion.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ if SB estimates are high like I've heard, and the real total is somewhere in the middle, the E&J have gone from about 600K in Jan to 320K now. Yes they can live comfortably with this, but they a certain financial decisions when they thought the numbers were going to keep climbing. For instance, based on that budget Ellie showed the one time, they weren't putting enough into long-term savings when they had more disposable income. E&J desperately like to keep up with the Joneses and they definitely won't be able to with their numbers treading so far behind Ruby and Bonnie's.... especially given that both sisters have no network and have maintained their old lifestyle for the most part.

E&J spend quite freely now, and that isn't sustainable. On paper and to most of us it seems like they make a lot of money, and they do, but they have upgraded their lifestyle substantially so there is less money to long-term savings. If they want to plan a retirement of even $100 a year, for the next 35+ yrs (assuming YT is sustainable for at least the next 10 yrs) then they need to be saving over half what they earn every month. For reference, my husband and his coworkers earn slightly less than E&J, yet all have lifestyles that more closely resemble Bonnie or Ruby's. We live in a comparable area as far as costs go, but if you make a lot and want it to stay that way for your entire lives, then you have to save more also. Not buy a fancy house, large hot tub, new camper (etc etc) on the spur of the moment.

So basically they are living comfortably, but it's just for now. Continuing as they do the day will come when they are not only having to work out of the home again, but find another 6 figure job.

This isn't even accounting for the mission or educational savings (and weddings) they will need for the boys, both of which will require hundreds of thousands as well.
This! I see this debated over and over again on these boards and it usually seems that people look at the numbers for now and don't think of the future. Many of these families were struggling before You Tube because they couldn't get better paying jobs and this isn't going to change after You Tube. If they want to stay financially free, they need to invest wisely and based on spending habits, I don't see many bloggers doing that. Interestingly enough, the bloggers that had their lives set up prior to starting You Tube, seem to be making far better decisions. Possibly because they have already struggled with money and are more appreciative of the windfall? J&K, Ruby, Bonnie, they all seem to be banking a lot of the extra and this is smart because they are focusing on the long-term instead of just instant gratification in the short term.

Most people forget about long-term savings now, and would much rather "enjoy their money" and have more toys when they are young. Trouble is, this is why you see so many older couples that are still paying their mortgage, or looking to downgrade their lifestyle, when they retire. For most people retirement savings happens over 40 years, but Ellie and Jared are lazy, and will want to continue to both stay home long after You Tube changes. Plus each kid may bring in more numbers, but they are going to also be a long-term expense too!

E&J may have made more than Bonnie or Ruby have to date, but they have also spent far, far more.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Nuna wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ if SB estimates are high like I've heard, and the real total is somewhere in the middle, the E&J have gone from about 600K in Jan to 320K now. Yes they can live comfortably with this, but they a certain financial decisions when they thought the numbers were going to keep climbing. For instance, based on that budget Ellie showed the one time, they weren't putting enough into long-term savings when they had more disposable income. E&J desperately like to keep up with the Joneses and they definitely won't be able to with their numbers treading so far behind Ruby and Bonnie's.... especially given that both sisters have no network and have maintained their old lifestyle for the most part.

This! I see this debated over and over again on these boards and it usually seems that people look at the numbers for now and don't think of the future. Many of these families were struggling before You Tube because they couldn't get better paying jobs and this isn't going to change after You Tube. If they want to stay financially free, they need to invest wisely and based on spending habits, I don't see many bloggers doing that. Interestingly enough, the bloggers that had their lives set up prior to starting You Tube, seem to be making far better decisions. Possibly because they have already struggled with money and are more appreciative of the windfall? J&K, Ruby, Bonnie, they all seem to be banking a lot of the extra and this is smart because they are focusing on the long-term instead of just instant gratification in the short term.

Most people forget about long-term savings now, and would much rather "enjoy their money" and have more toys when they are young. Trouble is, this is why you see so many older couples that are still paying their mortgage, or looking to downgrade their lifestyle, when they retire. For most people retirement savings happens over 40 years, but Ellie and Jared are lazy, and will want to continue to both stay home long after You Tube changes. Plus each kid may bring in more numbers, but they are going to also be a long-term expense too!

E&J may have made more than Bonnie or Ruby have to date, but they have also spent far, far more.
Yep. I don't care if they lose their shirts in the long term (though I would feel bad for the boys) but it's just another example of how they are naive and think God will just continue to bless them because they are so deserving.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The people saying that E&J are making more are forgetting that Bonnie and Ruby don't have a network eating into their money. Everything they make is theirs. And Ruby is getting plenty of sponsorships. She just did one with JC Penney, which apparently was a "childhood dream".
And I agree that Ruby and Bonnie are making better decisions because they have struggled, and had to budget long term. Ellie and Jared struggled for a year maybe. And Ellie is convinced (or at least seems so) that they would have had this house no matter what. I think Bonnie and Ruby know better. When YouTube tanks, they will still be ok. Kevin still has his professorship, and Joel has marketable skills. If he has to work construction, he can.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”