John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: John and Joan (IVF grant recipients)

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

HelloSweetie wrote:
kittypurry wrote:Apparently they have $1000 left over from E and J's grant. Didn't they raise way more than they needed for the embryo transfer on GFM? It would be great if they donated that $1000 to the other couples still saving to get their first shot, but considering their history I'm sure they'll just pocket it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes no sense. Kateka said the grant doesn't cover everything and they are still saving to cover the costs of the meds. How do these two have money left over after already doing one IVF round???
The leftover money is not for the meds, they still have to pay for that. But I don't understand how that money wasn't spent in the last round anyway.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

fossilfinger wrote:Joan sounds totally unhinged in the video. She kept obsessing about how the doctor said Maeve's name and said her favorite thing is when John gets emotional. If this next round of IVF doesn't work. I don't even want to know what will happen.
I think we all know (deep down) what will happen. I wish her peace.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

She was obsessing over the fact the doc kept saying Maeve's name?! And how he held her phone "for such a long time"

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

It was interesting that Joan's view it the appointment and johns view were pretty different. John was more disappointed it seemed

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
The leftover money is not for the meds, they still have to pay for that. But I don't understand how that money wasn't spent in the last round anyway.
Is it possible that the grant was for a set amount based on how much it would cost at a fertility clinic in Utah, and if the cost is different at another clinic or in another state, different vloggers could get more or less "mileage" out of it?
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
kittypurry wrote:Apparently they have $1000 left over from E and J's grant. Didn't they raise way more than they needed for the embryo transfer on GFM? It would be great if they donated that $1000 to the other couples still saving to get their first shot, but considering their history I'm sure they'll just pocket it

That makes no sense. Kateka said the grant doesn't cover everything and they are still saving to cover the costs of the meds. How do these two have money left over after already doing one IVF round???

Meds are not covered however some peoples health insurance will cover the cost of the meds. This is why peoples IVF costs vary widely.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

olivialinnea101 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Meds are not covered however some peoples health insurance will cover the cost of the meds. This is why peoples IVF costs vary widely.
Why would they give the money away when they are still trying. It was there win and they are not done yet.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

canmom2 wrote:
olivialinnea101 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Why would they give the money away when they are still trying. It was there win and they are not done yet.
True, but why would they open another GFM when they still have money left over from the first round?

There are some serious ethical questions with these two.
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I assume they made a new one because $1000 that they had left over (which I'm not sure they knew about) wouldn't be near enough to do another transfer with meds etc.

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

The GFM was set for 5000 i think she said that was for meds and implanting the frozen embryo. Not sure why there is a hate on them they are just trying to have a healthy baby. They are only on youtube because they won a grant. Why the hate they are just trying to have a family.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's not so much a "hate" as a side eye. We all want them to have a healthy baby. But most of us have doubts about her mental health. She's still so grief stricken that she can hardly function. And what she went through was terrible, yes, but other women go through it and are able to function. It's just worrisome that she can't. She shouldn't be having another baby if she can still barely work some days. And she actually told a mother who lost a four year old that she had it better, because at least she got four years with her child. It's not a competition, but she treats it like one. Nobody grieves more than her. Nobody loves their lost child more than her.
Her story changes almost every time she tells it. When they got the grant from E&J, they didn't mention it on their GFM. They raised what they said they needed, and kept the GFM up, and mentioned it when they miscarried the last baby. It was like "Oh, we're heartbroken. Donate to our GFM!"
It's definitely not a hate. We want the best for them. We just wonder how stable she is, and how ready for another child. He or she will never live up to the fantasy perfect little girl that Maeve is.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

canmom2 wrote:The GFM was set for 5000 i think she said that was for meds and implanting the frozen embryo. Not sure why there is a hate on them they are just trying to have a healthy baby. They are only on youtube because they won a grant. Why the hate they are just trying to have a family.
Their goal was 5k, they raised nearly 10k, and now they found out they have an extra 1k on top of that for the transfer. Plus all the money they raised from their GFM for the original IVF that was not used because they won the contest, the money for the book that was never published...I think someone calculated that they had raised nearly 20k in GFM money, and that doesn't even include the E&J grant. There's a lot of shady stuff going on with them, too much to sum up in one post and reading through the thread and seeing the screenshots would probably be more convincing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

kittypurry wrote:
canmom2 wrote:The GFM was set for 5000 i think she said that was for meds and implanting the frozen embryo. Not sure why there is a hate on them they are just trying to have a healthy baby. They are only on youtube because they won a grant. Why the hate they are just trying to have a family.
Their goal was 5k, they raised nearly 10k, and now they found out they have an extra 1k on top of that for the transfer. Plus all the money they raised from their GFM for the original IVF that was not used because they won the contest, the money for the book that was never published...I think someone calculated that they had raised nearly 20k in GFM money, and that doesn't even include the E&J grant. There's a lot of shady stuff going on with them, too much to sum up in one post and reading through the thread and seeing the screenshots would probably be more convincing.
Yes-- I was going to suggest reading through the thread too. It's really hard to sum up in one post, especially without sounding like heartless bitches. I think everyone really feels for what they went through, but their behavior is sketchy sometimes, for lack of a better word.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
trumputin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by trumputin »

In their latest YT video, they mentioned the extra money from the grant but didn't mention the most recent Go Fund Me and how much more money they had made than the goal they had originally set. That smelled of trying to manipulate viewers again. I saw someone post about the GFM and how they should have the entire next treatment covered, but of course they didn't reply. Probably because they didn't want people to know or remember that, should they start up another one.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I hope Joan pays it forward someday for all the kind and generous things people do for her. Instagram post today about a woman who wouldn't take payment for her lash treatment. So many people have done nice things or made accommodations for her. I hope she returns the favor to someone someday.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

minmouse wrote:I hope Joan pays it forward someday for all the kind and generous things people do for her. Instagram post today about a woman who wouldn't take payment for her lash treatment. So many people have done nice things or made accommodations for her. I hope she returns the favor to someone someday.
agree
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So it's their anniversary and Joan post nothing but pix of marvel? Why not post so many other things you've done in your marriage. I know it's a huge life changing traumatic time but I'm sure there's so much more to your marriage besides that?

emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

Has Joan said anything about Ellie's miscarriage?
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

emilynicole1435 wrote:Has Joan said anything about Ellie's miscarriage?
She said how fun! ImageImageImage I don't think she's cubically said anything maybe in private?

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... a6b6e5.jpg[/img] never mind I found it

Return to “Ellie and Jared”