Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Unread post by chatty »

chatty wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... f052e2.png[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... d6977c.png[/img]

I saw this comment and actually kind of agree. Although I don't agree with the way she lied about where she was going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

Argh, sorry thought I was editing my post above - my bad for double posting.

Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I cannot agree. You have to tell your partner your plans. It's common decency and respect. I'm 40 and got married when I was 18, trust me I know what I'm talking about. She doesn't need his permission but she did need to tell him.

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

I think they're being dramatic.
I've been in a long term relationship and have never once asked my parter if I can get a tattoo. I think the key issue here is that she should have *wanted* to share the idea with him if it were so special to her.

And to the person above who made a comment about Kyra needing to be prepared to wear long sleeves when she gets a "real job..." I'm in my second year of residency as an OB/GYN and nobody makes comments on my half sleeve as I'm helping bring their child into this world. (Or does that not constitute as enough of a "real job" to you!)
It's 2017, tattoos are very much normalized.

Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

dnbunny wrote:I think they're being dramatic.
I've been in a long term relationship and have never once asked my parter if I can get a tattoo. I think the key issue here is that she should have *wanted* to share the idea with him if it were so special to her.

And to the person above who made a comment about Kyra needing to be prepared to wear long sleeves when she gets a "real job..." I'm in my second year of residency as an OB/GYN and nobody makes comments on my half sleeve as I'm helping bring their child into this world. (Or does that not constitute as enough of a "real job" to you!)

Every single job my boyfriend has had, he has to cover up his half sleeve. Guess it's different where you live, but lots of business owners here don't like ink showing.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
gabbs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by gabbs »

I think Kyra knew that Oscar would try and talk her out of the tattoo so she did it without telling him. Oscar is not afraid to tell krya when she does something he doesn't approve of.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

gabbs wrote:I think Kyra knew that Oscar would try and talk her out of the tattoo so she did it without telling him. Oscar is not afraid to tell krya when she does something he doesn't approve of.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I do think he's controlling and needs to work on it. I hate that he always tells her that she needs to lose weight and go on a diet, even if it is a joke. It can still be hurtful either way

xlol
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xlol »

Agree. That's not really something you need permission for but I would definitely share my idea with my SO. She always said at first she didn't want him to alter her decision, but then said she didn't want him to alter what she wanted. I seriously doubt Oscar would be like "no just get choose happiness or happiness" he's more of a "you know I don't like them" & make her feel guilty enough to where she wouldn't want it anymore. Also love how he said he was upset because he has to look at it for the rest of his life. Image

prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

Pineapples wrote:Be honest. If you didn't know what that tatt said would you be able to read it? I wouldn't! It's pretty much illegible! Imagine if Oscar went out and got a tatt on his arm without telling her. She'd have a meltdown. I hope the new friend house guest wasn't behind this. If she was I can see her ruining their relationship pretty damn fast...

I know what it says and I STILL can't read it. Poor choice font. But I like the message of it. Kyra dear always choose happiness and LEAVE Utah, Oscar, Etc
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

To be honest, I don't understand how people are understanding of Oscar's reaction to the tattoo. They aren't married, and she's a damn independent adult that can do basically whatever she pleases. Kyra rarely ever does anything for herself other than occasionally getting her nails done, so I don't feel sorry for Oscar whatsoever. Oscar was acting like he was Kyra's dad, which obviously made her less excited about the experience. I can understand the initial shock of "I thought you were at one place, but you were at another" but after an hour he should've been over it. I'm glad she stood up to him and said she would've gotten it regardless, but her tone changed after that clip and she became very apologetic. I have a feeling Oscar said some things off camera to her to make her feel guilty about it. If my boyfriend decided to get a tattoo without telling me, I wouldn't give a damn. It's not my place to tell a full grown adult what not to do with their skin. I don't want to compare their relationship to an abusive one, but his reaction reminded me of my sister & her abusive ex bf. Her ex would get FURIOUS when she would be at work a little longer than usual, or when she would go out with friends. My sister had to share her location on her phone with her ex at all times. At that extent it's controlling and not healthy. Hopefully Oscar didn't get too pissed off at her off camera. Also the people saying "she'll have to cover it when she gets a job" need to wake up and realize that there are plenty of people with successful careers and visible tattoos. Many of my girl lawyer friends in school have arm/wrist tattoos and are permitted to wear short sleeves to work. It's 2017, most people are over the whole "tattoos are unprofessional" business (so long as the tattoo isn't vulgar, which obviously Kyras is far from). And let's face it, Kyra is going to be the last person to get a job in that household. She's a stay at home mom, and there's nothing wrong with that.

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Amen to this!!! I kinda got the vibe that she was scared to tell him, almost like she needs his approval to feel like her ideas are good ones (even though they said it wasn't about asking for permission I feel like it was). She literally said that she knew he'd say no, and that he would sway her opinion which is super sad to me!
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

workinprogress wrote:To be honest, I don't understand how people are understanding of Oscar's reaction to the tattoo. They aren't married, and she's a damn independent adult that can do basically whatever she pleases. Kyra rarely ever does anything for herself other than occasionally getting her nails done, so I don't feel sorry for Oscar whatsoever. Oscar was acting like he was Kyra's dad, which obviously made her less excited about the experience. I can understand the initial shock of "I thought you were at one place, but you were at another" but after an hour he should've been over it. I'm glad she stood up to him and said she would've gotten it regardless, but her tone changed after that clip and she became very apologetic. I have a feeling Oscar said some things off camera to her to make her feel guilty about it. If my boyfriend decided to get a tattoo without telling me, I wouldn't give a damn. It's not my place to tell a full grown adult what not to do with their skin. I don't want to compare their relationship to an abusive one, but his reaction reminded me of my sister & her abusive ex bf. Her ex would get FURIOUS when she would be at work a little longer than usual, or when she would go out with friends. My sister had to share her location on her phone with her ex at all times. At that extent it's controlling and not healthy. Hopefully Oscar didn't get too pissed off at her off camera. Also the people saying "she'll have to cover it when she gets a job" need to wake up and realize that there are plenty of people with successful careers and visible tattoos. Many of my girl lawyer friends in school have arm/wrist tattoos and are permitted to wear short sleeves to work. It's 2017, most people are over the whole "tattoos are unprofessional" business (so long as the tattoo isn't vulgar, which obviously Kyras is far from). And let's face it, Kyra is going to be the last person to get a job in that household. She's a stay at home mom, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Omg everyone is SO offended that I said she might have to wear long sleeves ImageImageImage

Notachild
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Notachild »

Pineapples wrote:Watch Keren get a tattoo now also!!

Keren already has two tats. Maybe Kyra copied her.
fingusername
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by fingusername »

Pretty simple. She didn't need his permission but lying to him was wrong. She fucked up big time. Stop making this about his reaction AFTER she lied straight to his face. Pretty immature of her.
sheebz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sheebz »

what bothers me about the tattoo is that the first a in always isn't crossed it looks like an s

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ilovecats wrote:
workinprogress wrote:To be honest, I don't understand how people are understanding of Oscar's reaction to the tattoo. They aren't married, and she's a damn independent adult that can do basically whatever she pleases. Kyra rarely ever does anything for herself other than occasionally getting her nails done, so I don't feel sorry for Oscar whatsoever. Oscar was acting like he was Kyra's dad, which obviously made her less excited about the experience. I can understand the initial shock of "I thought you were at one place, but you were at another" but after an hour he should've been over it. I'm glad she stood up to him and said she would've gotten it regardless, but her tone changed after that clip and she became very apologetic. I have a feeling Oscar said some things off camera to her to make her feel guilty about it. If my boyfriend decided to get a tattoo without telling me, I wouldn't give a damn. It's not my place to tell a full grown adult what not to do with their skin. I don't want to compare their relationship to an abusive one, but his reaction reminded me of my sister & her abusive ex bf. Her ex would get FURIOUS when she would be at work a little longer than usual, or when she would go out with friends. My sister had to share her location on her phone with her ex at all times. At that extent it's controlling and not healthy. Hopefully Oscar didn't get too pissed off at her off camera. Also the people saying "she'll have to cover it when she gets a job" need to wake up and realize that there are plenty of people with successful careers and visible tattoos. Many of my girl lawyer friends in school have arm/wrist tattoos and are permitted to wear short sleeves to work. It's 2017, most people are over the whole "tattoos are unprofessional" business (so long as the tattoo isn't vulgar, which obviously Kyras is far from). And let's face it, Kyra is going to be the last person to get a job in that household. She's a stay at home mom, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Omg everyone is SO offended that I said she might have to wear long sleeves ImageImageImage

Nah not offended, just surprised that people still think that rule applies Image
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

fingusername wrote:Pretty simple. She didn't need his permission but lying to him was wrong. She fucked up big time. Stop making this about his reaction AFTER she lied straight to his face. Pretty immature of her.
If fucking up "big time" to you is getting a dainty tattoo without first consulting your s/o then that's sad. The tattoo has no impact on Oscar's life or well being, so I have a hard time understanding why people are making such a fuss about it. Its not like she went out and spent $10,000 on some boujee luxury handbag without telling Oscar...it's literally a tattoo that probably didn't cost more than $150, especially since the guy was her friend's brother. Immature, yes. But it's literally not that deep on her end of things. Oscar's reaction (especially 24 hours after the fact) was a whole other mess...
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

workinprogress wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:

Nah not offended, just surprised that people still think that rule applies Image
Like I said, every job my boyfriend has worked, he has to cover it. Guess it still applies in the south

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I can't remember the last time I watched their vlogs! But I saw the photo of kyra's tattoo on Instagram and had to see the video. I could care less that she got a tattoo but I understand the situation from both sides.

Kyra really wanted this tattoo. And she didn't want Oscar to say something that would make her change her mind. That's understandable. But as a couple with two kids there should have been that line of communication. If she loves Oscar enough to have 2 babies with him and wants a ring from him then she should be able to sit down and say, "I have an idea for a tattoo that has been on my mind. Here's what I want..." It's not about "No you can't have it!" Because even if Oscar did say that, Kyra still has that right to do what she wants with her body.

For me, it's the fact that as a couple, they have made pretty big life decisions together
(2 kids, moving to Utah, buying a house, etc.) but she goes and lies about a simple thing as a tattoo? Just doesn't make sense to me.
jggedlttlepill_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jggedlttlepill_ »

I'm glad Kyra got the tattoo. I love it. I have the same placement of mine only the font is a bit different and has a different saying. When Oscar said "I'm gonna have to look at that for the rest of my life!" it pissed me off. He's such an idiot. Sure they could have communicated with each other a little better but I really thing what she did was what she wanted. If Oscar has such a big problem with it then that just shows a lot about him that I never knew.

Return to “OKBaby”