i thought choose was change too...the font is very hard to read
pizzygirl
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Unread post by pizzygirl »

So the tattoo vlog is the first vlog I have watched in months. I sort of see Oscars point about being lied to however O does come across controlling and it makes it a little uncomfortable. As for the tattoo i'm not into it. The font just isn't clear enough but its Kyra's body so as long as she's happy with it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
dnbunny wrote:I think they're being dramatic.
I've been in a long term relationship and have never once asked my parter if I can get a tattoo. I think the key issue here is that she should have *wanted* to share the idea with him if it were so special to her.

And to the person above who made a comment about Kyra needing to be prepared to wear long sleeves when she gets a "real job..." I'm in my second year of residency as an OB/GYN and nobody makes comments on my half sleeve as I'm helping bring their child into this world. (Or does that not constitute as enough of a "real job" to you!)
It's 2017, tattoos are very much normalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wait no hate but where I live in the US, in the medical field, all tats must be covered. Im also studying medicine and thats a reason i never got a tat. the hospitals here are super strict. my friend in the program has to cover her tat with a bandaid and take out any facial piercings or replace them with a clear stud in her nose for ex.
I live in California (and have my entire life) and have never come across any issues in med school OR in my residency. I do take out my septum piercing when at the hospital, but that's it. No covering of tattoos is necessary.

mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

cklein31 wrote:Definitely have some tattoo comments but... re: The SeaQuest vlog:

They barely showed Alaya's reaction to the fish or anything (aside from the bow part which I don't even think they purposely captured) and it makes me sad. When they flashed back to the clips of Levi, I felt like they're NOW Only filming Levi still and they'll never have flashbacks of Alaya as a baby doing those things. I hope that makes sense.

I actually thought the same. In another vlog (challenge?) when Kyra was ask what she likes the most about being a mom, she said: seeing HIM learn etc...
But what about Alya? I get that Levi is doing more interesting things and starts to talk, but Alya as well, they should include her more...
That being said, I think, other than including (or rather: showing excitement) more of Alayas milestones, I think there are doing a far better job than some other youtubers we know....
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

dnbunny wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
dnbunny wrote:I think they're being dramatic.
I've been in a long term relationship and have never once asked my parter if I can get a tattoo. I think the key issue here is that she should have *wanted* to share the idea with him if it were so special to her.

And to the person above who made a comment about Kyra needing to be prepared to wear long sleeves when she gets a "real job..." I'm in my second year of residency as an OB/GYN and nobody makes comments on my half sleeve as I'm helping bring their child into this world. (Or does that not constitute as enough of a "real job" to you!)
It's 2017, tattoos are very much normalized.

wait no hate but where I live in the US, in the medical field, all tats must be covered. Im also studying medicine and thats a reason i never got a tat. the hospitals here are super strict. my friend in the program has to cover her tat with a bandaid and take out any facial piercings or replace them with a clear stud in her nose for ex.
I live in California (and have my entire life) and have never come across any issues in med school OR in my residency. I do take out my septum piercing when at the hospital, but that's it. No covering of tattoos is necessary.

must be an east coast/midwest/south thing then. cali is prob alot more liberal that's why
fingusername
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by fingusername »

workinprogress wrote:
fingusername wrote:Pretty simple. She didn't need his permission but lying to him was wrong. She fucked up big time. Stop making this about his reaction AFTER she lied straight to his face. Pretty immature of her.
If fucking up "big time" to you is getting a dainty tattoo without first consulting your s/o then that's sad. The tattoo has no impact on Oscar's life or well being, so I have a hard time understanding why people are making such a fuss about it. Its not like she went out and spent $10,000 on some boujee luxury handbag without telling Oscar...it's literally a tattoo that probably didn't cost more than $150, especially since the guy was her friend's brother. Immature, yes. But it's literally not that deep on her end of things. Oscar's reaction (especially 24 hours after the fact) was a whole other mess...
It has NOTHING to do with the tattoo. It's about her actions...LYING is fucking up. Duh. All the rest is just added details.
sttarchild
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sttarchild »

Can we just take a second to think ahead for that tattoo? She's going to regret it, it holds a bad memory and on top of that the placement for script like that is horrible. It looks like scratcher work (amateur), and in a year or two when the inks really settling and spreading you wont even be able to read it and it'll look like a black scribble on her arm. We know she doesn't use sunscreen on the kids so I doubt she would on herself. That tattoo is going to look like crap in a year or two and its gonna be bad.
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

I think she was very smart not to say anything to him until after she got it done. We all know how controlling he is, and eventhough she says she didn't tell him because she didn't want him to influence her to get something else, I believe she didn't say anything to him because she knew he'd guilt her about it and she would end up not getting it done. So props to her in a sense, but she needs to stand up for herself and put her foot down and be able to tell him THIS is happening, just FYI

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

It's prob a good thing that her friend is there cause he prob would have put a a hole in the wall!!

cklein31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cklein31 »

Okay I just watched that video. Re: tattoo

I've actually done exactly what Kyra did. My ex bf's parents lived in Europe so he went back for a while and we were on opposite schedules, he was asleep, I was doing laundry with my roommate, and on a whim decided to just go get a tattoo I'd wanted for a while without waking him up to tell him. I also saw it as "I don't want him to sway my choice." And when I did show him the next morning, I MADE SURE my roommate was with me so he couldn't be that angry. I was lucky to have Skype to hang up but he was livid. Guilt tripped me for months, even when he got back to the US. I hated the tattoo. I have tons now and I still frown at that one because he made me hate it.

Maybe it's worth noting that flash forward a few years, I have a retraining order against him because he was physically and emotionally abusive once he moved to the States again, and I didn't see those warning signs from things like the tat incident! I know this topic is talked about a lot, but Oscar definitely has some red flags. For Kyra and the kids' sake, I hope we are all overreacting but it's hard to see signs like that and I hope she gets help she needs and deserves if that IS the case. She should, you know, always choose happiness.

That being said, reading here I thought that video would be AWFUL and honestly I do see Oscar's POV. I do think it's an issue she felt the need to hide it but she should've at least said, "I'm going somewhere as a surprise" instead of lying perhaps. Not sure.

cklein31
Informer
Informer

mamaya10 wrote:
cklein31 wrote:Definitely have some tattoo comments but... re: The SeaQuest vlog:

They barely showed Alaya's reaction to the fish or anything (aside from the bow part which I don't even think they purposely captured) and it makes me sad. When they flashed back to the clips of Levi, I felt like they're NOW Only filming Levi still and they'll never have flashbacks of Alaya as a baby doing those things. I hope that makes sense.

I actually thought the same. In another vlog (challenge?) when Kyra was ask what she likes the most about being a mom, she said: seeing HIM learn etc...
But what about Alya? I get that Levi is doing more interesting things and starts to talk, but Alya as well, they should include her more...
That being said, I think, other than including (or rather: showing excitement) more of Alayas milestones, I think there are doing a far better job than some other youtubers we know....
Yeah, they do a better job than most YTers but I just think as she's talking and walking, she'll be included more and they won't have any real interesting footage to flashback to, you know? People started watching when it was just them and a baby... people would still be interested in a baby doing baby things. Idk.

cklein31
Informer
Informer

OT but does anyone else cringe at Kyra's personal channel thumbnails? It looks like a 6 year old made it in Microsoft paint.

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

msgmiscc wrote:I think she was very smart not to say anything to him until after she got it done. We all know how controlling he is, and eventhough she says she didn't tell him because she didn't want him to influence her to get something else, I believe she didn't say anything to him because she knew he'd guilt her about it and she would end up not getting it done. So props to her in a sense, but she needs to stand up for herself and put her foot down and be able to tell him THIS is happening, just FYI

Yes to all of this!! Everyone is trying to rip her to shreds about "lying", but in this scenario I think she made a good choice to lie! There's no way in hell she would've gotten it done after Oscar bitched to her about it had she told him beforehand. I know she said she would've done it anyway, but she's so submissive which makes me doubtful that she ever would've. Oscar always leaves Kyra home alone with Alaya when he wants to do fun things, so she rarely has time to do things FOR HERSELF. I'm glad she just went and didn't overthink it!

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

I'm surprised that nobody here has commented on the fact that they called the vlog "Baby Mama Got a tattoo and didn't tell me" it's like they are trying to be as trashy as possible.
I agree with everyone who so far has said that Kyra did what she did because she knew he's controlling and would try to guilt her. It's what kids do when their parents are too strict and always have to have the final word- they lie, sneak out and do what they want to do. She sees him as someone who has authority over him and not someone she can go to without judgment.
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

She kept saying that it wasn't about asking permission but she knew if she had mentioned it he would have said no, indicating that he wouldnt have let her. I think she knew that if he voiced a negative opinion of it or flat our said she couldnt get it, she wouldnt have the balls to follow through with her plan. So she chose not to risk it, and 'surprise him', figuring even if he was really mad, Kyla was there to soften the blow.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Lol she's so white trash. Getting a tat in some rando dude's basement and then calling it a "tattoo parlor." Have fun with that hepatitis, girl. Lol
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

ecf997 wrote:Lol she's so white trash. Getting a tat in some rando dude's basement and then calling it a "tattoo parlor." Have fun with that hepatitis, girl. Lol
I'm not one to defend Kyra or Oscar by any means, but this comment kinda makes me a little mad. It wasn't a random dude, it was her friend's brother. In the clips she showed of her getting it done, it looked like a professional studio but just set up in the guy's basement. My hair stylist has a salon in her basement, but that doesn't mean it's dirty or unsanitary (I know tattoo parlors and hair salons are obviously totally different but that's the first thing I could compare to). So long as she does the proper after care, she'll be fine lol. And honestly that guy probably makes more money having his own studio in his basement (which you have to have a permit to do legally anyway) makes him more money. He doesn't have to split money with the owner if he worked for someone or pay separate bills to have a stand alone parlor. Sorry to ramble, but as an artist myself I feel the need to defend other artists Image

Obviously
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Obviously »

Does anyone else notice that Levi is always in swim diapers???
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

Obviously wrote:Does anyone else notice that Levi is always in swim diapers???
Are they swim diapers or pull ups? If theyre swim diapers, they're going to be constantly cleaning pee off of the floor

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
GureenBooberries
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GureenBooberries »

Obviously wrote:Does anyone else notice that Levi is always in swim diapers???
I totally thought this too when I saw the blue then I saw they have pull ups that look super similar to swim diapers! Seems like a pricier option for diapers considering they aren't actively diaper training again...?

Return to “OKBaby”