8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by navarjul000 »

lmmomSD wrote:Is their seminary before school? Because the one at my best friend's ward was at 6:30 am. I went because it was interesting, I enjoyed having spirited discussions with the leader, who despite not wanting my best friend to date black guys, was very nice. Anyway, if it is at 6:30am, I can understand Ruby saying she wasn't going to force the other kids to go.
My favorite was the argument about whether or not Jesus drank wine. I had fun bringing in facts from my Bible scholar father and seeing what their teacher came up with. I think it really bummed him out that I went to Seminary every day and he never managed to convert me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
In Utah, while I was in high school a few years ago, seminary could be taken before school, but was usually integrated as an optional "release time" during regular school hours. You could go during 1st period, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. I have heard in other states it's only offered before or after school, which I think is much better than integrating it into the regular class schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I don't think Ruby is delaying the videos for their safety. Kevin has been gone multiple times before and she announced it, never delaying any videos. She's using it as an excuse for being behind. I'm really getting annoyed at all these old videos, I won't watch much longer if she doesn't catch up. I don't buy her excuse one bit.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

Is Chad's new school all boys?
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

snkjdgs wrote:Is Chad's new school all boys?
For a brief second when they enter the school you can see a girl in uniform holding the door
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Caisflame wrote:I don't think Ruby is delaying the videos for their safety. Kevin has been gone multiple times before and she announced it, never delaying any videos. She's using it as an excuse for being behind. I'm really getting annoyed at all these old videos, I won't watch much longer if she doesn't catch up. I don't buy her excuse one bit.
She said that they got behind on accident and that she turned out to like it better that way, in part because she doesn't feel as worried about broadcasting to a million people that she's home alone. She also said that it gives her more freedom to skip days if she needs it. It's not an excuse, it's an explanation and she was very candid and straight forward about her reasons. It's easier and it feels better. I completely agree and understand (I also don't watch their vids often so I don't care). There is nowhere in the youtube contract where it says vloggers have to upload the following day- she's doing it for the money (they all are) and she's still getting plenty of views. Most of her audience are kids who don't care either way so why wouldn't she do what works best for them? This is quite different than vloggers like OKbaby who say they will post the next day and then just don't and lie about the reasons ("quality over quantity", "internet is slow", "we've been working all night" , "accidentally deleted footage" etc).
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

sasperillo wrote:
Caisflame wrote:I don't think Ruby is delaying the videos for their safety. Kevin has been gone multiple times before and she announced it, never delaying any videos. She's using it as an excuse for being behind. I'm really getting annoyed at all these old videos, I won't watch much longer if she doesn't catch up. I don't buy her excuse one bit.
She said that they got behind on accident and that she turned out to like it better that way, in part because she doesn't feel as worried about broadcasting to a million people that she's home alone. She also said that it gives her more freedom to skip days if she needs it. It's not an excuse, it's an explanation and she was very candid and straight forward about her reasons. It's easier and it feels better. I completely agree and understand (I also don't watch their vids often so I don't care). There is nowhere in the youtube contract where it says vloggers have to upload the following day- she's doing it for the money (they all are) and she's still getting plenty of views. Most of her audience are kids who don't care either way so why wouldn't she do what works best for them? This is quite different than vloggers like OKbaby who say they will post the next day and then just don't and lie about the reasons ("quality over quantity", "internet is slow", "we've been working all night" , "accidentally deleted footage" etc).
I wholeheartedly disagree, especially since there are many comments coming from her audience of children saying they don't like it. It's just pure laziness. Their schedule worked just fine for them the past 2 years until she got behind. Either catch up or forget the old vlogs and get back on a timely schedule. Like I said, I don't buy her excuses. Ruby is manipulative, but she can't fool me.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

With Russell not starting school the same day as the girls, that leads me to believe he goes to a different school than them. I expected them to go to the same elementary school. That makes 4 different schools between the kids, not including wherever Eve will go twice a week. That's gotta be kinda tough..and I'm sure we'll hear about it all school year long from Ruby.
bongtu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bongtu »

Actually I'm pretty sure the older kids start school a day before the younger ones do so Russell may start in tomorrow's vlog
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

At my kids school, kindergarten does a staggered entry. The first full day is about a week after all the other grades actually start. And why did she buy an nice expensive rug for under the kitchen table, the same table small, messy children eat at? Yes Ruby. It's going to be covered in food...all the time. Carpets/rugs in kitchens are pointless. You'll be vaccuuming at least twice a day. One more chore for those kids to fullfill.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

Wow these last 3 vlogs have been pretty nice. Again, no real huge staging, just them being a family. I like it. Ruby is obviously still scatter brained but it's whatever now. I hope they keeps this up.
As for their schedule, it's annoying knowing they're a full week behind. I can understand a few days but a week is just lazy.

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

what vlog did she say that?? Lol that's crazy.

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Baconsgirl wrote:
what vlog did she say that?? Lol that's crazy.

Can't remember the vlog but she didn't actually say that. She said they got behind after their Italy vacation and had a hard time catching up, then realized she actually liked having the ability to skip some days of she needed and felt safer knowing she wasn't telling the world that she was home alone. She was quite frank about it and added unapologetically that that's what works for her family. Her views have kept increasing since she did it so it doesn't seem to be a deal breaker for her core audience.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Do you think they had enough whipped cream on that french toast?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

bongtu wrote:Actually I'm pretty sure the older kids start school a day before the younger ones do so Russell may start in tomorrow's vlog
At the same school though? That's really strange, all grades start on the same day at our schools.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Caisflame wrote:
sasperillo wrote:
I wholeheartedly disagree, especially since there are many comments coming from her audience of children saying they don't like it. It's just pure laziness. Their schedule worked just fine for them the past 2 years until she got behind. Either catch up or forget the old vlogs and get back on a timely schedule. Like I said, I don't buy her excuses. Ruby is manipulative, but she can't fool me.
I agree with this. It's absolutely an excuse for laziness. The safety thing is BS because Kevin has been left out of the vlogs plenty of times even when he is home. She doesn't have to announce to the world that he's gone, when he's gone. Besides, if someone really wanted to take it to that level, it wouldn't be hard to look up Kevin's class schedule on a day to day basis and pay them a visit during those hours. It's horrible to think about, but that's the kind of thing you open yourself up to when you're vlogging as she does.

And I also agree with whoever said maybe a day or two behind would be more acceptable, but a week? No. That just seems like poor work ethic to me. She wakes her kids up at 5am every morning, like a damn drill sergeant, to instill a good work ethic in them, yet she can't even manage to put vlogs out in a timely manor? How embarrassingly hypocritical.

She's a week behind in the vlogs so that she has more time for naps and to leave her 3 and 6 y/o under the supervision of her 8 and 10 y/o for hours each day with less flack; not for their safety.
Pixel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Pixel »

Ruby did that thing again where she acts like she's the greatest mom on the planet for not getting angry at Russell(for dropping his french toast).

+1 for the notion that buying a nice rug to put under the table was a poor decision. It's cute, but you can't complain when things get dropped on it - that's one of those purchases you save until your kids are a bit older or you expect it to happen and don't complain about accidents that are again, bound to happen.
Lauralou_15
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lauralou_15 »

We know the safety thing is just an excuse/lie because she posts everything on instagram at the time is happening so it's not hard to know when Kevin isnt there!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

She mentioned how she was stressed when the kids don't perform on the camera and she has no vlog material. So maybe she does this now to relax knowing she has enough footage.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

A few observations/comments/ questions:

* I wonder why she did not vlog Chad in the first day of school video?

* Ruby looks and acts so awkward when she is trying to be the cool mom, i.e. her dance moves

* Her renovated kitchen looks exactly like her old kitchen.

* The younger kids, except Eve, get so nervous and scared when something goes wrong. I think the old Ruby with no money, was a strict disciplinarian which all the kids have experienced and feared. Since the money started rolling in, when accidents happen the younger kids (Abbey, Julie and Russel), do not know which Ruby they are going to get.....the cool mom or the disciplinarian. This was obvious today when Russel dropped his plate there was a look of sheer fear and uncertainty on his face.

* It makes no sense to me to put a rug underneath a kitchen table.

* In a recent video she included Nali, but said she is not allowed in the house because of the new flooring; and then said she did not know what they will be able to do with her come the winter time. I am sad to say this but I do not think Nali will see 2018. I bet she makes up some excuse and there will be a sad money making video of Nali having to be put down.....just because of the new house renovations.

* Referring to their Eclipse video. The dad (Kevin) was totally underwhelmed by the eclipse. He acted as if the total eclipse took place where he lived and thought what he experienced was no big deal, not understanding that what he experienced was a partial eclipse.. As a professor with a science background I was shocked by his reaction and comments.

* She does a pretty decent job of being both mom and dad. Her husband is rarely home, that must be hard on the boys. I think it is going to affect Russell the most in the long run. He so badly wants to spend time with his father but gets no one on one time with him.

* I think Evie has matured quite a bit the past three months. It was adorable in the back to school video when she pulled out her tea set and was so excited when Ruby said she would play with her. It will be good for her to have more one on one time with her mother. I am guessing Ruby will be potty training her behind the scenes.

* She is a pretty smart cookie when it comes to creating her videos to the appeal to her primarily young audience. She has a much broader market reach than her sisters because her kids ages are all spread out from age 3 to 16 add to that the adult audience. She is making bank!

* Personally I liked the older family videos with some old fashion family values.
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

Pixel wrote:Ruby did that thing again where she acts like she's the greatest mom on the planet for not getting angry at Russell(for dropping his french toast).

+1 for the notion that buying a nice rug to put under the table was a poor decision. It's cute, but you can't complain when things get dropped on it - that's one of those purchases you save until your kids are a bit older or you expect it to happen and don't complain about accidents that are again, bound to happen.
I was thinking about that as well, you could see he was scared and really upset about it. He dropped some whipped cream, it's not like anything that would stain!
Also, what sort of person is irresponsible enough to leave the house without a key, especially as a grown woman with kids? How would she get into the house if there was an emergency? She astounds me sometimes

Return to “8 Passengers”