Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

lmmomSD wrote:I think the difference is that it wasn't hemorrhagic shock. She was in shock because she was freaking out, not because she was bleeding out. They're two totally different things and one is much more serious. Getting panicky isn't the same as shock, in medical terms. Unless it was an arterial spurter, or a deep enough cut that she needed a tourniquet, she wasn't really in shock. Not the medical definition anyway. And if Bonnie was "an EMT", she would have known that...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Good point. I didn't for a second even think of hemorrhagic shock though. I went into shock after a car accident once, even though I wasn't injured. I personally assumed it was that kind of shock, so the title didn't seem like clickbait at all in my opinion.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I don't see how the title is clickbait. Unless the title has been changed? She did need stitches and she was starting to slip in to shock. Where's the clickbait? :? Clickbait in my opinion would have been that title with a paper cut injury! :D

Has anyone watched other youtubers record in emergencies like this? I thought what Bonnie recorded was minuscule in comparison. She left the camera on the kitchen counter, we couldn't even see what was going on. Ruby would've had that camera in the kids face, and her own, showing her reaction constantly. I didn't think this was bad at all. I'm glad Olivia is okay!
I've seen far worse.

When vloggers don't show things, then we are always suspicious about what the real story is. I think this is just another questionable part of an already weird and questionable profession.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nc_mom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
nc_mom wrote:They have used click bait in the worst possible way this morning. Olivia had an accident with a knife and nearly sliced open her finger and hand. The vlog heading in capital letters says she almost went into SHOCK! Then we see Olivia with blood pouring out of her hand laying on the floor while Bonnie phones Joel to come home. With profuse bleeding like that who would take the time to start filming? Wouldn't most decent mothers immediately take the child to the emergency room? These parents are either too dumb to know better or have fallen victim to the youTube phenomenon which has them doing everything possible to get viewers and subscribers....even at the cost of exploiting their own children. Disgusting behavior not to mention that they suck at parenting since this family are constantly having accidents. Little Lincoln was climbing in and out of an automatic recliner chair. Just imagine what would happen to his little legs had the chair started moving. Olivia and the others using knives. Teaching toddler Lincoln how to turn open the bathroom door knob, allowing the children to climb onto tables and counter tops. B&J might love their children but they don't have basic safety procedures or common sense in place at all.
I think Bonnie did the right thing in waiting for Joel. Olivia was clearly starting to panic, and had that same tone to her voice she had with the ear piercing. Bonnie probably only had the car, and wouldnt have been able to safely seat Olivia, Cody, Linc and give Olivia proper attention to calm her down. I've had to wait for my husband to arrive when my youngest had a bleeding hemangioma. Driving while your child is crying and bleeding just doesn't seem like the best idea if you can wait. I agree the title was in poor taste, but think Bonnie handled it really well. She and Joel were calm and focused on preparing and settling Olivia down before they left.

About the safety. We notice safety issues all the time with Bonnie, but for a family with 4 kids I don't actually think they have any more accidents than most families. Olivia cut herself with a butter knife, and unless you don't believe in letting kids help in the kitchen, that really could have happened to anyone. And while I wouldn't let my kids play with a recliner, the one B&J has is he old fashioned kind with tha crank handle. It's not the automatic kind, and those are hard enough to push down if you actually are sitting in them, it would be very unlikely sir Linc to push it down and crush himself, especially with Bonnie watching. Pinch... maybe.

I read here before watching, and I just didn't think it was as bad at all as suggested. Title aside of course.
Do you really think if a child is profusely bleeding you need to wait for your husband to get home? The smart thing to do in an emergency like that is to head immediately to the emergency room and tell your husband to meet you there. They just don't seem to have any common sense and seem more interested in filming everything for their vlog. I couldn't disagree more!!
Dude chill. Do you know how many accidents happen due to distracted drivers? Olivia wasn't going into shock (as people are pointing out) and she wasn't bleeding enough for it to be life or limb. In this event, I would hope they would have called an ambulance. Joel was less than 5 minutes away at E&Js house.

Panicking, grabbing the kids and throwing them into an unsafe car seat situation with a distracted driver would have been far more dangerous. Not to mention, it would have made Olivia feel far more panicked.

I can barely drive while stressed if my kids are singing in he backseat! I can't imagine driving to the hospital with a panicking and bleeding child. Waiting was the right thing to do. An ambulance would have been the second best if Olivia couldn't wait.
menehune
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by menehune »

nc_mom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
nc_mom wrote:They have used click bait in the worst possible way this morning. Olivia had an accident with a knife and nearly sliced open her finger and hand. The vlog heading in capital letters says she almost went into SHOCK! Then we see Olivia with blood pouring out of her hand laying on the floor while Bonnie phones Joel to come home. With profuse bleeding like that who would take the time to start filming? Wouldn't most decent mothers immediately take the child to the emergency room? These parents are either too dumb to know better or have fallen victim to the youTube phenomenon which has them doing everything possible to get viewers and subscribers....even at the cost of exploiting their own children. Disgusting behavior not to mention that they suck at parenting since this family are constantly having accidents. Little Lincoln was climbing in and out of an automatic recliner chair. Just imagine what would happen to his little legs had the chair started moving. Olivia and the others using knives. Teaching toddler Lincoln how to turn open the bathroom door knob, allowing the children to climb onto tables and counter tops. B&J might love their children but they don't have basic safety procedures or common sense in place at all.
I think Bonnie did the right thing in waiting for Joel. Olivia was clearly starting to panic, and had that same tone to her voice she had with the ear piercing. Bonnie probably only had the car, and wouldnt have been able to safely seat Olivia, Cody, Linc and give Olivia proper attention to calm her down. I've had to wait for my husband to arrive when my youngest had a bleeding hemangioma. Driving while your child is crying and bleeding just doesn't seem like the best idea if you can wait. I agree the title was in poor taste, but think Bonnie handled it really well. She and Joel were calm and focused on preparing and settling Olivia down before they left.

About the safety. We notice safety issues all the time with Bonnie, but for a family with 4 kids I don't actually think they have any more accidents than most families. Olivia cut herself with a butter knife, and unless you don't believe in letting kids help in the kitchen, that really could have happened to anyone. And while I wouldn't let my kids play with a recliner, the one B&J has is he old fashioned kind with tha crank handle. It's not the automatic kind, and those are hard enough to push down if you actually are sitting in them, it would be very unlikely sir Linc to push it down and crush himself, especially with Bonnie watching. Pinch... maybe.

I read here before watching, and I just didn't think it was as bad at all as suggested. Title aside of course.
Do you really think if a child is profusely bleeding you need to wait for your husband to get home? The smart thing to do in an emergency like that is to head immediately to the emergency room and tell your husband to meet you there. They just don't seem to have any common sense and seem more interested in filming everything for their vlog. I couldn't disagree more!!
They don't have a baby seat in the car. Just how were they supposed to get Olivia there if they didn't wait? That didn't necessitate immediate care. It would have been inappropriate to call an ambulance for an injury like that, and would have definitely been unsafe to take Lincoln without his seat.

They even took a moment to calm Olivia before they left. As someone with anxiety, I think they did amazing. They knew Olivia needed stitches, but also recognized that the kids were all scared and that Olivia continuing to panic was not going to be good for anyone.

Have you ever heard that joke about how women will turn the radio down in order to concentrate on driving? It's true for some of us, and I can only imagine how distracted a driver would be if they had scared and bleeding children in the vehicle. At least in waiting for Joel, Bonnie could hold Olivia and comfort her on the way. You may have done something different, but that doesn't mean that Bonnie did anything wrong.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

She purposely used the wording "slipping into SHOCK" to suggest the medical definition. Plus the thumbnail of Olivia on the floor...
It's just so exploitative and gross. She could have just said "Olivia sliced her hand" or "Olivia needs stitches" and people would still click. Turning on the camera when your child just sliced their hand and then clickbaiting it as a medical emergency (more than it was) is tasteless imo.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think the difference is that it wasn't hemorrhagic shock. She was in shock because she was freaking out, not because she was bleeding out. They're two totally different things and one is much more serious. Getting panicky isn't the same as shock, in medical terms. Unless it was an arterial spurter, or a deep enough cut that she needed a tourniquet, she wasn't really in shock. Not the medical definition anyway. And if Bonnie was "an EMT", she would have known that...

Good point. I didn't for a second even think of hemorrhagic shock though. I went into shock after a car accident once, even though I wasn't injured. I personally assumed it was that kind of shock, so the title didn't seem like clickbait at all in my opinion.
I think people are being terribly literal about the title. Olivia was seriously injured, and I really don't think people would be any less annoyed if Joel had titled it SHOCKED! BLEEDING PROFUSELY, which as others have said is true. We've seen far worse clickbait, like E&J's titles implying that they have had to leave their home, been stranded, that their kids stopped breathing (2x) or that everyone abandoned Ellie. These aren't even sort of true.

I'm used to clickbait now and realize it's part of the job. I guess it just doesn't bother me as much as it does most people.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

menehune wrote:
They don't have a baby seat in the car. Just how were they supposed to get Olivia there if they didn't wait? That didn't necessitate immediate care. It would have been inappropriate to call an ambulance for an injury like that, and would have definitely been unsafe to take Lincoln without his seat.

They even took a moment to calm Olivia before they left. As someone with anxiety, I think they did amazing. They knew Olivia needed stitches, but also recognized that the kids were all scared and that Olivia continuing to panic was not going to be good for anyone.

Have you ever heard that joke about how women will turn the radio down in order to concentrate on driving? It's true for some of us, and I can only imagine how distracted a driver would be if they had scared and bleeding children in the vehicle. At least in waiting for Joel, Bonnie could hold Olivia and comfort her on the way. You may have done something different, but that doesn't mean that Bonnie did anything wrong.
My dog once cut it's toe open during a walk and it started bleeding like crazy. I threw him in the car and took him to the vet and was beyond stressed and distracted during the drive. I remember thinking afterwards how reckless that actually was, and that maybe it would have been better to get someone to go with me first so I could give him my full attention.

We all would have side-eyed them for not waiting if she drove Olivia there in that car. Getting Olivia care 5 minutes faster isn't worth risking the lives and safety of the other 2 children and everyone else on that road if she was distracted. Which, how could she not be?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Why are they saying she was cut by a butter knife?? That's obviously NOT the case. There isn't a single butter knife in my house that could cut through skin, let alone a DEEP wound. She had to have been using a REALLY sharp knife. The need an apple slicer!!

I don't watch everyday, but these kids get injured A LOT! Like almost everyday....
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

ewokfan11 wrote:Why are they saying she was cut by a butter knife?? That's obviously NOT the case. There isn't a single butter knife in my house that could cut through skin, let alone a DEEP wound. She had to have been using a REALLY sharp knife. The need an apple slicer!!

I don't watch everyday, but these kids get injured A LOT! Like almost everyday....
Actually, I'm embarrassed to admit this but I've cut myself with a butter knife before :? For perspective, I've also cut myself with an ice scraper, which for all intents and purposes is even blunter and smoother. But even if Olivia had been using a sharper knife to cut her own apple, she's old enough to do that. It would still be an accident.

I disagree that they get hurt daily and I DO watch daily. Kids play and accidents happen, and most of the accidents these kids have had are play related like clunking heads and such. I don't see where they are hurt any more than any other kid. Especially You Tube kids.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

I'm just glad that Bonnie is able to handle an emergency on her own without having to phone and consult her mother first.

That, and that she took Olivia to the ER in the first place instead of a Chiropractor :D
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I gotta say though, it doesn't seem like a "butter knife" to me. What we think of as butter knives (at least at our house) you can't possibly break the skin with. There's no real blade. But Olivia is old enough that she _should_ be able to cut an apple. Hopefully some lessons are in her future
And using a dull knife is more dangerous cutting something with a skin like an apple.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

I just have to say it's disgusting for Bonnie to exploit her daughter's injury like that and especially so to make it seem like she was so traumatized she went into shock. It doesn't matter if other youtubers have done "worse," it doesn't make what Bonnie is doing okay. People like to act like she's not like other youtubers, but this just proves she is.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

snowbaby95 wrote:I just have to say it's disgusting for Bonnie to exploit her daughter's injury like that and especially so to make it seem like she was so traumatized she went into shock. It doesn't matter if other youtubers have done "worse," it doesn't make what Bonnie is doing okay. People like to act like she's not like other youtubers, but this just proves she is.

Exactly. I agree 100%.

It doesnt matter that she left the camera on the counter. She wasnt filming when it happened. At some point during Olivia being traumatized enought that Bonnie thought she would go into shock she decided to get the camera rolling. And then she chose to upload the footage and exploit her daughter for a buck. Its disgusting. Bonnie and Joel have sold their souls to youtube and are well on the path to becoming just like everyone else.

I dont care that she called Joel and waited for him, although I do question how she could possibly think she didnt need stitches and would wait to see what dad would say. It wasnt an emergency, Olivia wasnt going to bleed out, rushing her to the ER would have just freaked Olivia out more.

I am so disgusted with Bonnie. The thumbnail, the title, recording her laying on the floor. And to top it off having Cody clean the blood off the floor while Bonnie talked to the camera. She needs to get her priorities straight. If she was half the person she was when they started youtube she would have maybe shared some hospital footage, did a quick sit down vlog, perhaps even with Olivia, explaining what had happened and why there wouldnt be a true vlog today. However they've sold out and have to get that almighty youtube dollar.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think Bonnie was just trying to calm Olivia when she said she didn't know if she needed stitches. She definitely knew by the time Joel went to look at it.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Disgusting behavior, but I'm not surprised. When you're a youtuber the health and safety of your family always comes second to the money made on videos. There is no exception, as vlogging is disruptive and dangerous to children as it is, even without the clickbait and exploitation.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by alym0326 »

My mother in law has the same amount of children, with the exact same ages - the only one that's gotten hurt is the 4 year old breaking her femur at daycare. I don't think it is at all normal or comparable to other families with the same amount of children that they've had 2 children get stitches within the last 6 months.

Like others said, the most disgusting part is that Bonnie turned the camera on at all - I don't care that she left it on the counter, it shouldn't have been turned on at all.

I will say that Bonnie did very well at calming Olivia down, her voice would have even calmed me down with the way she was talking.

ETA: I don't believe that it was a butter knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

i always imagine these family vlogger parents seeing their children get hurt and just salivating at the thought of how they can use it for mega views on youtube for big $$$. they have so little respect for their children and it makes me have zero respect for them.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

This WSJ article about parents taking their kids out of school "for fun" immediately reminded me of Bonnie - didn't they miss AT LEAST 5-6 weeks of school last year??? The kids in this story were only absent about a week!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-is-it ... 1504020735
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Did she really not get a dishwasher because of the old "the way Jennifer did it is the only way to do it"? I remember Ellie boasting that she never used her dishwasher. Kinda ridiculous when she uses paper plates so much. I know Bonnie had limited space, but she has all that storage in the room Joel built her. I just think about incredibly wasteful to use paper plates all the time. The obliviousness of so many vloggers to their carbon footprint makes me really angry.

No, that was Ellie's reason why she didn't use hers in the old place (except she did use it and/or used paper plates all the time). Bonnie mentioned that without knocking out that wall they didn't have the space. Think about the bottom cabinets. Adding a dishwasher would make them lose at least two cabinets and they don't have that many in that tiny kitchen. She has storage in the basement, but who wants to keep their appliances and pots in the basement all the time?
I thought they had a dishwasher before the kitchen renovation. I am almost positive she used to have and use her dishwasher.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

winniewise wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Did she really not get a dishwasher because of the old "the way Jennifer did it is the only way to do it"? I remember Ellie boasting that she never used her dishwasher. Kinda ridiculous when she uses paper plates so much. I know Bonnie had limited space, but she has all that storage in the room Joel built her. I just think about incredibly wasteful to use paper plates all the time. The obliviousness of so many vloggers to their carbon footprint makes me really angry.

No, that was Ellie's reason why she didn't use hers in the old place (except she did use it and/or used paper plates all the time). Bonnie mentioned that without knocking out that wall they didn't have the space. Think about the bottom cabinets. Adding a dishwasher would make them lose at least two cabinets and they don't have that many in that tiny kitchen. She has storage in the basement, but who wants to keep their appliances and pots in the basement all the time?
I thought they had a dishwasher before the kitchen renovation. I am almost positive she used to have and use her dishwasher.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Maybe, but they moved the sink to the corner didn't they? There isn't room for a DW next to the stove, and they would lose two cupboards on the right side to add one.

Older homes were built different from new builds and not everyone can retrofit a DW without losing already limited cupboard space.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”