Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

I'm gonna move to a different part of the vlog that I don't think has been talked about yet. Did anyone notice at the beginning that Bonnie got Joel on camera in nothing but his garments? She quickly realized it and framed the shots later to not show him, but there's a definite full shot of him in them.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

OnAPlaydate wrote:I'm gonna move to a different part of the vlog that I don't think has been talked about yet. Did anyone notice at the beginning that Bonnie got Joel on camera in nothing but his garments? She quickly realized it and framed the shots later to not show him, but there's a definite full shot of him in them.

You are 100% right! It is literally the first couple seconds of the vlog when Lincoln is playing with the recliner. And unless Bonnie takes the vlog down to edit it out (and in the process loses all the exploitative views she has gained) it will remain there for all to see! Take a peek, lol.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I believe that it was a butter knife, because I have a scar on my ring finger from trying to cut open a grapefruit with a butter knife when I was 10. 4 stitches. Some butter knives are dull but some are very sharp. It's definitely possible. I have some in my silverware drawer right now that could cut me pretty deep no doubt.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I expected a bloodbath, lol.

The clickbait doesn't bother me as much as it used to; I don't decide to watch certain videos but not others based on the titles anyway. I do think they would have gotten just as many clicks if they had titled it something like "Emergency Stitches, Olivia Panics," which was true enough. If anything, my biggest quibble with the whole ordeal (which is pretty minor) is that I think Bonnie should have explained right off the bat that they would numb her hand if she wound up needing stitches. Overall, though, I think Bonnie did fine. Personally I would not have rushed to the ER with little ones afoot and inadequate carseats, especially when I only needed to wait 5 minutes.

Also, I may have a different view on ambulances than some here. They are not intended to drive around bandaging cut fingers. They're meant to haul ass and save lives. There are certainly exceptions where perhaps a life isn't at risk but the damage is severe, or the patient has no transportation available to get to a medical center... But no, I wouldn't have called 911 in Bonnie's position.

I did think it was sweet that the grandparents on both sides checked in with Olivia. However much we might disagree that YT is a viable profession, I have 100% confidence that Bonnie's kids are loved deeply and they know it. I also got a kick out of Grandma Griff telling Olivia that when she was done playing with the doll, she could give it away or put it in her closet... Because she meant it! Lol, this Griffiths tradition of decorating closets is just too weird for me.

Lincoln at the start of the vlog... He's like a little sponge, picking up new words every day. I don't know if I have ever seen a tiny boy look and act so much like his mom before! He is such a joy to watch, even when he's eating his boogers.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I expected a bloodbath, lol.

The clickbait doesn't bother me as much as it used to; I don't decide to watch certain videos but not others based on the titles anyway. I do think they would have gotten just as many clicks if they had titled it something like "Emergency Stitches, Olivia Panics," which was true enough. If anything, my biggest quibble with the whole ordeal (which is pretty minor) is that I think Bonnie should have explained right off the bat that they would numb her hand if she wound up needing stitches. Overall, though, I think Bonnie did fine. Personally I would not have rushed to the ER with little ones afoot and inadequate carseats, especially when I only needed to wait 5 minutes.

Also, I may have a different view on ambulances than some here. They are not intended to drive around bandaging cut fingers. They're meant to haul ass and save lives. There are certainly exceptions where perhaps a life isn't at risk but the damage is severe, or the patient has no transportation available to get to a medical center... But no, I wouldn't have called 911 in Bonnie's position.

I did think it was sweet that the grandparents on both sides checked in with Olivia. However much we might disagree that YT is a viable profession, I have 100% confidence that Bonnie's kids are loved deeply and they know it. I also got a kick out of Grandma Griff telling Olivia that when she was done playing with the doll, she could give it away or put it in her closet... Because she meant it! Lol, this Griffiths tradition of decorating closets is just too weird for me.

Lincoln at the start of the vlog... He's like a little sponge, picking up new words every day. I don't know if I have ever seen a tiny boy look and act so much like his mom before! He is such a joy to watch, even when he's eating his boogers.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I know I wouldn't have grabbed the camera because my first instinct is to panic a little. My husband is the more grounded Person that is calm in crisis moment especially with our kids. So I get why she waited for Joel knowing he wasn't far but I do give Bonnie major props for keeping her cool throughout the whole thing! The way she was crying when LINC got hurt, if she had showed any kind of reaction like that to Olivia I think it would have made Olivia freak out more!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
thursdayicecream
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thursdayicecream »

I'm a fan of Bonnie & Joel, but I must say I made an account just to join the discussions here.

I agree that today's title and picture are in poor taste. I always think about what these kids are gonna think when they're older, and this is surely gonna be a cringey one. I don't know why so many vlogging parents seem to turn on the camera in bad moments.

Like, listen...I think they're great. They're my favorite YouTube family at this point because they're real. Clickbait aside, they are a breath of fresh air. They don't pretend like everything is okay 24/7 and they never fight and the kids do no wrong and everything is perfect la la land. I'm so glad they all admit that they've had a bad day or they're sad or whatever. And I know that it's a topic of scrutiny on here but I actually love their "old school" parenting methods. It's so refreshing to see well-behaved. hardworking, respectful, smart YT kids. And even though Bonnie and Joel could do more with Boston and Linc education wise, I'm thrilled to see the kids aren't glued to an iPad or iPhone like some others.

You know what one of my biggest pet peeves are about Bonnie and Joel? This is gonna seem stupid, but...I can't STAND that the kids wear open-toed shoes while playing or being active. CAN'T. STAND. IT. I know there are a lot of other, worse safety issues but URGGHH how many times now have the kids got torn up feet because they were wearing flip-flops when they shouldn't have?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I am wondering if that's a Utah thing. My daughter was watching the Binghams today, and they went for a hike, and the boys were wearing flip flops! They're climbing on a trail, and they're slipping because they are wearing flip flops!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Okay so I get it.. vlogging the incident is debatable to some. But what I don't get is why Bonnie would tweet that picture of Olivia on the ground, in pain with blood on her hand/towel. I believe this is very wrong and inappropriate to put out. She is thanking everyone for the support, yet she includes a very... scary? picture of Olivia like that. Anyone get what I'm saying? Idk, just bizarre.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I know Jared is away but who called Joel mowing the lawn for them? :) I bet he will offer to come to their place for lawn day in the future.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I expected a bloodbath, lol.

You wouldn't have rushed your profusely bleeding child to the emergency room when you saw all that blood and were concerned she was going into SHOCK?? If you have so many children what is your plan for emergencies when you have to tend to one and leave the others behind? Your comment only confirms what most of us immediately thought..the SHOCK concern was strictly for click bait and that makes it even more sickening.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I don't see how the title is clickbait. Unless the title has been changed? She did need stitches and she was starting to slip in to shock. Where's the clickbait? :? Clickbait in my opinion would have been that title with a paper cut injury! :D

Has anyone watched other youtubers record in emergencies like this? I thought what Bonnie recorded was minuscule in comparison. She left the camera on the kitchen counter, we couldn't even see what was going on. Ruby would've had that camera in the kids face, and her own, showing her reaction constantly. I didn't think this was bad at all. I'm glad Olivia is okay!
You don't see the click bait? Are you serious? The child was starting to slip into shock...really? Then why did she start filming and calling her husband to come to the house? If your child were profusely bleeding and going into shock wouldn't you, as a mother, immediately have the child rushed to the emergency room...either driving yourself, asking a neighbor to drive you or calling 911? I can't believe those on here being so indifferent to her actions and defending her. Either you've never had an emergency with a child or don't have children of your own. What she is doing by using her children as props and exploitation to generate youTube income is inexcusable and disgusting!
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

I love Bonnie and rarely have a bad word to say about her vlogs but I just hate the blooper videos. I think it's because it reveals how set up a lot of things are e.g. when they showed the clip of Bonnie talking to her parents after Olivia got stitches...it pained me to see that Bonnie stopped that convo mid sentence to get Joel to point the camera at her. Call me crazy but I'd rather be blissfully unaware of the 'setup' shots. I'll admit there were a few funny clips in there like Joel and the fly but other than that I'm not a fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I think the bloopers are funny if they are really bloopers. Showing her restart her sentences over and over in multiple scenes make things feel less genuine.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

chatty wrote:I love Bonnie and rarely have a bad word to say about her vlogs but I just hate the blooper videos. I think it's because it reveals how set up a lot of things are e.g. when they showed the clip of Bonnie talking to her parents after Olivia got stitches...it pained me to see that Bonnie stopped that convo mid sentence to get Joel to point the camera at her. Call me crazy but I'd rather be blissfully unaware of the 'setup' shots. I'll admit there were a few funny clips in there like Joel and the fly but other than that I'm not a fan!

I agree. I thought the bloopers were a good idea at first, but now it's just making everything seem so fake.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

nc_mom wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I don't see how the title is clickbait. Unless the title has been changed? She did need stitches and she was starting to slip in to shock. Where's the clickbait? :? Clickbait in my opinion would have been that title with a paper cut injury! :D

Has anyone watched other youtubers record in emergencies like this? I thought what Bonnie recorded was minuscule in comparison. She left the camera on the kitchen counter, we couldn't even see what was going on. Ruby would've had that camera in the kids face, and her own, showing her reaction constantly. I didn't think this was bad at all. I'm glad Olivia is okay!
You don't see the click bait? Are you serious? The child was starting to slip into shock...really? Then why did she start filming and calling her husband to come to the house? If your child were profusely bleeding and going into shock wouldn't you, as a mother, immediately have the child rushed to the emergency room...either driving yourself, asking a neighbor to drive you or calling 911? I can't believe those on here being so indifferent to her actions and defending her. Either you've never had an emergency with a child or don't have children of your own. What she is doing by using her children as props and exploitation to generate youTube income is inexcusable and disgusting!
Actually, I am a mother of five who has dealt with my fair share of emergency situations. Also the wife of a first responder. Calling 911 for a cut finger is absolutely laughable. As I stated in an earlier comment, I assumed that by "shock" she wasn't referring to hemorrhagic shock. I can understand the argument for not filming in that situation at all, but I stand by my opinion that the title was fine and that Bonnie handled the situation just fine. You sound really worked up. Try to keep in mind their choice to be YouTubers isn't going to personally hurt you. I would never EVER put my family on YouTube, for a million reasons, but I wouldn't call it inexcusable. Keep in mind its okay for me to not share your viewpoint. ;)
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

nc_mom wrote:

Actually, I am a mother of five who has dealt with my fair share of emergency situations. Also the wife of a first responder. Calling 911 for a cut finger is absolutely laughable. As I stated in an earlier comment, I assumed that by "shock" she wasn't referring to hemorrhagic shock. I can understand the argument for not filming in that situation at all, but I stand by my opinion that the title was fine and that Bonnie handled the situation just fine. You sound really worked up. Try to keep in mind their choice to be YouTubers isn't going to personally hurt you. I would never EVER put my family on YouTube, for a million reasons, but I wouldn't call it inexcusable. Keep in mind its okay for me to not share your viewpoint. ;)
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

chatty wrote:I love Bonnie and rarely have a bad word to say about her vlogs but I just hate the blooper videos. I think it's because it reveals how set up a lot of things are e.g. when they showed the clip of Bonnie talking to her parents after Olivia got stitches...it pained me to see that Bonnie stopped that convo mid sentence to get Joel to point the camera at her. Call me crazy but I'd rather be blissfully unaware of the 'setup' shots. I'll admit there were a few funny clips in there like Joel and the fly but other than that I'm not a fan!

I agree! I hated seeing that, The way she said "Joel I'm trying to say something for the camera", so awkward!
The clip she used in the vlog felt like a real genuine conversation with Jennifer, that im now so disappointed.. their great actors!!

Jared sniffing Bonnies body odour was gross, and the part where Cody says "You just said that on camera" was weird, conveniently leaves out whatever she said to Boston. His poor face lol [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 540a8c.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kaylor1 wrote:I think the bloopers are funny if they are really bloopers. Showing her restart her sentences over and over in multiple scenes make things feel less genuine.

It's like when Jared started over and over because Jackson was interrupting him. I don't want to see vloggers start sentences over trying to get it perfect.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I LOL'ed when Joel was in the chair and the lady told him to bring it back :lol:

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”