cruelwinter
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by cruelwinter »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think Julie is an RN now. But I don't think she has a four year degree. It's easy enough to check-- what state do they live in? Don't they live in Kansas City? But I can't remember if it was Missouri or Kansas.
Edited: if you Google "is Julie Deru an RN?" Her Utah RN license does come up, but it's expired. So she at least _was_ an RN
Yes, Julie quit working completely quite some time ago, so I'm sure it's expired....

This is from her blog 4/22/10:

"Last week I received my Acceptance Letter in the Nursing Program. I got in to the two that I applied for. I will be going to Davis Applied Technology Center in Kaysville. The Program starts in the fall and is a year and 4 months, then I will be an R.N."

I do wonder if Sam's sister really has a degree. She got married at 19 and put her husband's career/life first after that.
If you go on her Linkedin page it says that she got a BM in Music/Business and graduated with honours in 3 years.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

WHY did Sam include all that footage of the fantasy football draft? It was so boring, full of inside jokes, and just not interesting to anyone who isn't involved with that little group. And what a waste for a bunch of Mormon guys to get a penthouse at the Bellagio in Vegas. I mean, I get that Mormons can appreciate an awesome room at a nice hotel. But Vegas is mostly focused on drinking and gambling. They could have gotten a nice suite in just about any city. A penthouse at the Bellagio just screams "Sin City".
Contrasting that with Jenn's side of the vlog-- it was great to see Noah making new friends and them enjoying the playground.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

Totally agree on the fantasy football footage. Skipped through it all. I know sports are a big part of Sam's life but I'm guessing a very small number of their viewers are guys interested in sports. I always skip the sports footage, just not interesting. I also thought it odd that a bunch of Mormon guys were in a penthouse in Vegas.

I'm happy for them that they found a house they love in a nice neighborhood. AZ is a great place to live.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

I took the staying at the Bellagio as a joke. He ended that statement with, "well... to us!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

dw30 wrote:I took the staying at the Bellagio as a joke. He ended that statement with, "well... to us!"

Oh, ok. I feel stupid. Thanks for clarifying. But I stand by my statement that it was boring AF to anyone not in their circle of friends, and including the guy standing there in his suit droning on and telling inside jokes, and all the guys sitting around on their laptops just wasn't a good idea. They were in Vegas, though, right?

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Yeah, it was a joke. The place looked a regular house. Probably an AirBnB. I kinda hated the footage with the guys. His friends aren't funny guys. I hate the color of the walls and carpet in the new house. The house seems really big. It's nice that they have more space. The pool and park in the community look nice too.

dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

lmmomSD wrote:
dw30 wrote:I took the staying at the Bellagio as a joke. He ended that statement with, "well... to us!"

Oh, ok. I feel stupid. Thanks for clarifying. But I stand by my statement that it was boring AF to anyone not in their circle of friends, and including the guy standing there in his suit droning on and telling inside jokes, and all the guys sitting around on their laptops just wasn't a good idea. They were in Vegas, though, right?

I totally agree you! I don't know why I feel so cringe in those type of interactions. I don't get the jokes and hate "male locker room bravado"! hahaha!!

sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

Peridot wrote:Man, I'm with Jenn on the scorpion. I've been in AZ for 27 years and they still freak me out. Gotta' bang your shoes out every time you put them on. Wait until she sees her first sewer roach. :-o
I could see myself living in AZ just because I love, love, love hot temperatures and pools :D . I would put my shoes into a plastic container all the time to make sure there is nothing inside!
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

sun88 wrote:
Peridot wrote:Man, I'm with Jenn on the scorpion. I've been in AZ for 27 years and they still freak me out. Gotta' bang your shoes out every time you put them on. Wait until she sees her first sewer roach. :-o
I could see myself living in AZ just because I love, love, love hot temperatures and pools :D . I would put my shoes into a plastic container all the time to make sure there is nothing inside!
My sister in law has this problem and she has these thick foam inserts to push into her shoes which mould into the shape of the inside of the shoe so that no animals or insects can crawl into her shoes. (I know it's not exactly foam but the word isn't coming to me right now!)
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

The football part was boring and I hated how it was mixed in with regular footage, I am a sucker for moving in vlogs though, I feel like Jenn is really going to set up spaced and decorate more, it's going to be fun to see it all take shape and that pool and playground is really cool too.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Vincere wrote:The house is really big, I like it!

Is Arizona cheaper than Utah?

And why did they decide to move?
I think they live WAAAAY out in the far suburbs of Phoenix, so it's probably cheap. Logan is a small college town, so that area wasn't too spendy either. They are probably paying $1100 - $1300 for that house per month. I consider that cheap because I've paid more than that for a small 1-bedroom apartment before in a bigger city.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

I love that Jen is actually going to be able to decorate the house and that they got a new couch.

But oh my gosh it kills me that she got a cool toned gray couch for the living room with a white rug that has blue accents when the entire floor/walls/cabinets of the living room & kitchen are all warm toned! It totally clashes and will never look put together no matter how much she decorates.

If she wanted a light couch a tan suede one would have fit much better and one of those trendy patterned rugs with warm reds and light golds would have been so much prettier and fit the room better.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

snowbaby95 wrote:I love that Jen is actually going to be able to decorate the house and that they got a new couch.

But oh my gosh it kills me that she got a cool toned gray couch for the living room with a white rug that has blue accents when the entire floor/walls/cabinets of the living room & kitchen are all warm toned! It totally clashes and will never look put together no matter how much she decorates.

If she wanted a light couch a tan suede one would have fit much better and one of those trendy patterned rugs with warm reds and light golds would have been so much prettier and fit the room better.
Yep, I totally agree. I'm a renter too and we moved into a house with warm tones. So I have decorated accordingly. Although I love grey couches and teal/blue tones. It would totally be out of place in this house.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

dw30 wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:I love that Jen is actually going to be able to decorate the house and that they got a new couch.

Yep, I totally agree. I'm a renter too and we moved into a house with warm tones. So I have decorated accordingly. Although I love grey couches and teal/blue tones. It would totally be out of place in this house.

Something like this would fit a lot better in their space but I'd still go with a warmer toned rug just because their tile is so orange-ish. But I love the idea of a leather couch and a simple desert theme fitting for Arizona. She could play with textures, the fur accent, and use Navajo patterned throw pillows & blankets. Add a few gold & wooden accent pieces and cacti for greenery and they could have a cute space.
The gray couch just looks awful in with all the warm tones around it.

bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

pj's face and pigtails in sam's best buy ad is so precious <3 she really is a mini jen
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

PJ looks so cute in that picture! The ad Sam made was incredible. I think he's found his career route, post YouTube for sure!
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

So, funny. I totally think she's a mini Sam. That facial expression is all Jen though.
I agree that Sam really has a talent for brand integration and editing. I'd love to see him be able to use these skills at a job outside of youtube again. But, if they're making enough money off youtube/instagram ads, then I'm happy for them.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Sam has a nack for advertising. If YouTube ever tanks he should look into the advertising industry. I love every one of their ads. So much talent.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

PJ is SO TALL! She looks so much older than she is. I cannot wait to hear her start talking more. She's already almost a year and a half old! I feel like her birthday was just yesterday. Out of the "main" vlogging families that most of us all watch, PJ is my favorite girl (and there aren't many girls anyway!) I'm very interested to see if her hair turns brown any time soon since Jenn said she saw a lot of brown roots.

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

The ad he made for BestBuy on his Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/p/BYhRqcpjar_ ... heshowcase, is really good!

Can you imagine if they would have asked Ellie to make one, how it would have looked?

This toys are so FUN, for kids to have FUN playing with them and having a FUN time. And then just turn it around and make it all about herself how she didn't have toys like this and how she appreciates small things and kindness in people.

Return to “Q-Z”