OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Unread post by Ilovecats »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Dang kyra shakes landon up and down and all around so much when she's playing with him. Poor baby. isn't it bad to be so rough and shake a baby up and down like that?
Are you talking about a vlog or on her Snapchat? It's bad if you shake them violently. But usually when you're playing, you aren't hurting them

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Like the person above me said, they're not a hotel lol. They're already paying for her food, her bed.. hell they're paying for all of her furniture, plus they're building her a bedroom in the basement. What else do you want them to do? how are they not "thoughtful hosts"? Why should one of their kids lose a room for her? and why should the kids lose their playroom?[/quote]

I can understand why Kyra didn't give up the playroom, Levi is really young to be upstairs playing by himself and it's a lot easier for him to come and go in and out of the playroom while it's downstairs and Kyra is closer if he needs something. Personally i would have given Kyla Alayas room because she doesn't sleep in there anyway and I would hate to have a bed and someone's stuff on my landing. But Kyra has said a few times the landing is temporary until they finish the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
This is literally all I was trying to get across. Alaya doesn't use her bedroom, she cosleeps and even naps in OK's bed. It's a real room and they wouldn't have had to do a makeshift room for her. I do get 100% why they wanted to keep the playroom as is, but they had no problem letting K&K sleep there.

K&K are there at most a week or two, not a damn year.
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Good Lord can we let it go that they didnt have Kyla a room in their house. We get it, youd give her a private bungalow with a door, her own kitchen and a swim up bar, but O&K didnt feel the need to provide the same accommodations and that is 100% ok because it is their home. They out Levi in his room and did cry it out at a fairly decent age and probably plan to do the same with alaya. If they have a live in (for up to a year) that kind of trumps that method. Plus they literally just moved in and afe excited to set up a nursery for her. Why should that be taken away just because theyre helping a friend out?
excited_nugget
Informer
Informer

Unread post by excited_nugget »

I'm guessing most of the people complaining about Kyla being there haven't had no where else to go before??

It's pretty heartless in my opinion.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

excited_nugget wrote:I'm guessing most of the people complaining about Kyla being there haven't had no where else to go before??

It's pretty heartless in my opinion.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
Im not complaining that she is there Im just trying to understand why anyone thinks O&K need to give up a room in their home for her. Its not a hotel. She is lucky they are letting her stay there, even on the landing. & Im sure she is probably very grateful and appreciative of that. Its the ppl on here that are making it a huge deal, I guess part of this generations mentality that everyone owes "you" something.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Ilovecats wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Dang kyra shakes landon up and down and all around so much when she's playing with him. Poor baby. isn't it bad to be so rough and shake a baby up and down like that?
Are you talking about a vlog or on her Snapchat? It's bad if you shake them violently. But usually when you're playing, you aren't hurting them

kk's vlog. She's pretty rough with him. idk i wouldnt shake my baby like that even if just playing.
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:

kk's vlog. She's pretty rough with him. idk i wouldnt shake my baby like that even if just playing.
I just watched it. She's barely shaking him and she's supporting his head lol. That is definitely not hurting him.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ilovecats wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:Dang kyra shakes landon up and down and all around so much when she's playing with him. Poor baby. isn't it bad to be so rough and shake a baby up and down like that?

I just watched it. She's barely shaking him and she's supporting his head lol. That is definitely not hurting him.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk[/quote]

maybe im overly careful but shaken baby syndrome is a thing. she was shaking him up and down alot tho that's for sure. Scrambled brainzz lol
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ilovecats wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Are you talking about a vlog or on her Snapchat? It's bad if you shake them violently. But usually when you're playing, you aren't hurting them

maybe im overly careful but shaken baby syndrome is a thing. she was shaking him up and down alot tho that's for sure. Scrambled brainzz lol[/quote]I have a toddler lol I know all about shaken baby. He's not going to get it like that lol. If she wasn't supporting his head or was shaking him violently, that would be a concern. But he's perfectly safe.

Ohthehumanity
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ohthehumanity »

I'm just confused about where everyone got the info that Kyla isnt paying them anything to be there. Has Kyra said anything about that?! She could very well be paying them something, chipping towards food, or watching the kids in return. You don't know the situation. Also they have talked about finishing the basement several times, they aren't building Kyla specifically a room.

Also I don't get why Kyra won't swim on her period, it's called a tampon. I've never heard of a 20 year old female not swimming because of her period.
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ohthehumanity wrote:I'm just confused about where everyone got the info that Kyla isnt paying them anything to be there. Has Kyra said anything about that?! She could very well be paying them something, chipping towards food, or watching the kids in return. You don't know the situation. Also they have talked about finishing the basement several times, they aren't building Kyla specifically a room.

Also I don't get why Kyra won't swim on her period, it's called a tampon. I've never heard of a 20 year old female not swimming because of her period.
She might not want to use tampons that soon after giving birth lol. I'm not sure.

Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Ohthehumanity wrote:I'm just confused about where everyone got the info that Kyla isnt paying them anything to be there. Has Kyra said anything about that?! She could very well be paying them something, chipping towards food, or watching the kids in return. You don't know the situation. Also they have talked about finishing the basement several times, they aren't building Kyla specifically a room.

A lot of women choose not to wear tampons. Some dont feel like it protects them enough, some find them uncomfortable, some are scared to use them. I know someone who got toxic shock from one and she hadnt even gone over the time frame. She now chooses to not wear them. I for one cant imagine being limited to pads but I guess to each their own.
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Rkp65i wrote:

A lot of women choose not to wear tampons. Some dont feel like it protects them enough, some find them uncomfortable, some are scared to use them. I know someone who got toxic shock from one and she hadnt even gone over the time frame. She now chooses to not wear them. I for one cant imagine being limited to pads but I guess to each their own.
There's also the cups. Not sure if you can swim with those. I'm assuming you can. I doubt she would use one though. They aren't the most environmentally friendly

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Rkp65i wrote:

exactly!! also no im pretty sure you cant swim with a cup at least not if you have a heavy flow.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

Rkp65i wrote:

exactly!! also no im pretty sure you cant swim with a cup at least not if you have a heavy flow.
Cups are the best option for swimming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kgiff77 wrote:
Rkp65i wrote:I'm just confused about where everyone got the info that Kyla isnt paying them anything to be there. Has Kyra said anything about that?! She could very well be paying them something, chipping towards food, or watching the kids in return. You don't know the situation. Also they have talked about finishing the basement several times, they aren't building Kyla specifically a room.

Cups are the best option for swimming!

my friend's leaked in the pool. and no she didnt mis-position it. her flow was just super heavy. i wouldnt risk it.
Notachild
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Notachild »

Pineapples wrote:Toys on the floor in a playroom is not a mess. They should be covered in toys! There is no point having a perfectly organised playroom with all the toys put away.

I guess my kiddos were just neat, even at a very young age they put their toys away when they were finished playing.
jggedlttlepill_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jggedlttlepill_ »

I'm 26 and I don't wear tampons. I hate them. I prefer pads.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

I exclusively use cups. They only leak if mis-positioned or full and there is a bit of a learning curve at first. There is literally no way for them to leak otherwise because they form a seal with the walls of your vagina and you have to break the seal to get it out. You still have to empty them out, just like you have to change tampons. If you have a heavy flow you just empty it more often. Unless you're hemorrhaging however you wouldn't need to change it more than once an hour or two because they can hold a lot (more than a tampon/pad). They are very environmentally friendly because you only use one over and over for years and you're not filling the landfill with tons of pads and tampons which are filled with chemicals and bleach. I've had mine for 7 years and it's still going strong with good care and hygiene.
That said, to each their own. Kyra also doesn't like water that much so I doubt it's a big deal for her.
Barrx2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Barrx2 »

jggedlttlepill_ wrote:

I'm 26 and I don't wear tampons. I hate them. I prefer pads.
Same! I would never go swimming on my period it would be so uncomfortable for me and I rarely use tampons I hate them.

Return to “OKBaby”