BEplus3: Gimme Gimme More! (Part 28)

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: BEplus3: Gimme Gimme More! (Part 28)

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I dont really get the fun in watching those videos... Like, I guess it is because people can run out and buy exactly what she has and be exactly like her but I loove watching peoples decor videos when they should the stuff they have thrifted or DIY'd and gotten from cute local boutique stores, even though I cannot replicate an exact vignette that way it gives me waaay more inspiration than watching Bs videos. "I got this at Target... I got this at Ikea..."
Also, for youtubers who consider it their job I am always shocked at how little youtubers support small businesses. It is always from Ikea, Hobby Lobby or Target. Never from the cutesy store downtown. My down town is filled with amazing decor pieces.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lastly, I know it isn't her thread but I did watch Vs and damn, that is the best I have ever seen her look.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Blackswan »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:Holy fuck, fall decor!? It's September 3rd! I was at the ebach with my kids a few days ago...
I'm in my room with the AC cranked
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

annapaulndaniel wrote:Fall decor is soon weird to me as an Australian.

We call it Autumn and if my husband came home and I have filled out house with pictures of leaves and swapped out our entire kitchen with pumpkin themed products he would be like "what in the actual fuck are you doing...."

I know it's probably normal in the US but I am sitting over here in Australia wondering how much all that stuff cost and what we are all actually celebrating lol. The falling of leaves? I don't get it haha
Most people decorate for Thanksgiving/Halloween, so pumpkins, "thankful" signs etc... haha
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

We call it Autumn and if my husband came home and I have filled out house with pictures of leaves and swapped out our entire kitchen with pumpkin themed products he would be like "what in the actual fuck are you doing...."

I know it's probably normal in the US but I am sitting over here in Australia wondering how much all that stuff cost and what we are all actually celebrating lol. The falling of leaves? I don't get it haha
Lmao this comment is so funny. I live in the states and I personally don't know anyone that really decorates for fall, but I know people that decorate for Halloween. Maybe it's a YouTube mom thing lol. My husband would say the same as yours lol
fromemmy

Unread post by fromemmy »

What was the point of saying "repurposed" every five minutes? She was going a little overboard on making a point that she apparently didn't go out and buy this stuff recently.

Wonder if it's because of the GFM drama?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

I haven't watched the video but did she really 'repurpose' things, or did she just Keep them from last year and put them out again. Repurpose, to me, means that you use something for a different purpose or change something drastically to upgrade it. Like if someone were to repurpose a door and make it into a table, that sort of thing.
js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

Kitina13 wrote:I haven't watched the video but did she really 'repurpose' things, or did she just Keep them from last year and put them out again. Repurpose, to me, means that you use something for a different purpose or change something drastically to upgrade it. Like if someone were to repurpose a door and make it into a table, that sort of thing.
She used it just to mean she changed where she set it out, or added something to it... like the decorative tray on the table she now put on a bookshelf... not my perception of repurposed either... then again neither of these girls know how to use "big" words

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

js2013 wrote:
Kitina13 wrote:I haven't watched the video but did she really 'repurpose' things, or did she just Keep them from last year and put them out again. Repurpose, to me, means that you use something for a different purpose or change something drastically to upgrade it. Like if someone were to repurpose a door and make it into a table, that sort of thing.
She used it just to mean she changed where she set it out, or added something to it... like the decorative tray on the table she now put on a bookshelf... not my perception of repurposed either... then again neither of these girls know how to use "big" words

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks I was curious if she did DIYs because I'd be moteintrerested in that, but I didn't think that would be her thing.
MommaOfThree
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommaOfThree »

Kitina13 wrote:

Lmao this comment is so funny. I live in the states and I personally don't know anyone that really decorates for fall, but I know people that decorate for Halloween. Maybe it's a YouTube mom thing lol. My husband would say the same as yours lol

I don't really decorate the inside of my house, but we usually put a few things out in the front of the house. Usually it's hay, some pumpkins on the steps , and a scarecrow. It's fun to decorate, but a major pain to pack it all up. I think Christmas is the only holiday that we partially decorate the inside of out house

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

Kitina13 wrote:

I feel like maybe it's just not as common in our generation and Mainly because most women/moms of today actually have to work and are out of the house more. So most people don't have time for that shit lol. I do remember my mom re-decorating for the different seasons and actually she still does to a certain extent. I think that was just part of her job as a "homemaker" and people just don't really do that anymore.

rhubarb93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rhubarb93 »

I'm also from Aus and I'd say the only time of year that Aussie's decorate for is Christmas, which is usually just a tree and some simple fairy lights out the front of the house. Decorating for a season is so weird to me. The thing that I find the weirdest about Britney's (and other youtuber's) decor videos is that she specifically and regularly goes out with the intention of buying decor that does nothing but sit there for only a season? Such a waste of money. At least where I live and all the people I know, decor is collected throughout the lifetime when traveling, as gifts, or bought as a one off as a special treat/because you specifically love that one piece. They don't match necessarily (but are usually within your style) and definitely not rotated depending on the season? Her decor is just soooo boring and basic and fake because they have no sentimental value or an interesting story behind them. Idk seems so weird to me...

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wait, Britney was asked to be one of Kilees bridesmaids??? Have they ever actually met? I thought they just did box swaps together....
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:Wait, Britney was asked to be one of Kilees bridesmaids??? Have they ever actually met? I thought they just did box swaps together....
They have met, I remember vlogs from a few years ago of kilee, Britney and Vanessa hanging out. Kilee used to live in NC but moved to Florida.

phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Whats the purpose of still wearing your engagement ring if you never ever plan to get married? :? You'd have to explain yourself to literally everyone who asks and admit your fiancé just doesn't want to get married to you. Awkward.

I love fall, but I wouldn't decorate for fall actually. The only thing thats changing is a carved pumpkin on the balcony.
gottheblues
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by gottheblues »

That's actually pretty funny. I have decorated for fall before and midway through had the thought "why in the hell am I doing this???".

I feel bad for Britney, she just seems kinda lost. And she kept emphasizing "repurpose", I guess because she didn't want criticism for spending too much. What a weird life to have your family and personal decisions on YouTube for the world to see.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

phie20 wrote:Whats the purpose of still wearing your engagement ring if you never ever plan to get married? :? You'd have to explain yourself to literally everyone who asks and admit your fiancé just doesn't want to get married to you. Awkward.

I love fall, but I wouldn't decorate for fall actually. The only thing thats changing is a carved pumpkin on the balcony.
That's a good point. Can you imagine being out at Target and the cashiers who see you on the regular know you're not married yet?

What about when someone asks her when the date is? Have they set one? She answers no and the first thing they ask is how long? 4 years? Big wedding? No. Their immediate thought is "he just put a ring on it so he could get laid more"

At least, that's what I would think lol. But alas, cobwebs in their crotches.

lagenialester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lagenialester »

Britney's snap "she never wants me to film her anymore! Lol" Next snap she's of course NOT respecting Aria's privacy and filming her again. Seriously, if my kid says no I do NOT film or take a picture of her. Aria is five, that's old enough for her to be establishing boundaries around privacy.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

^^GOOD. Let's see you make money without exploiting your kids bitch.

deannaroseo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by deannaroseo »

The most I'll decorate for fall is putting pumpkins on my porch and one of those plastic Halloween pumpkins that kids use to collect candy with. And maybe B&BW candles lol
Such a waste of money to me. She's so extra

Return to “Britneyandbaby”