Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I have a feeling they notified their leasing company that they planned to break the lease, and the apartment company found a new tenant already, so they probably have a move-out date set in stone that they need to abide by. And they just thought they could get a rental quickly while Corbin was in California? They were probably hoping to avoid the majority of the fees associated with breaking a lease, so they wanted to make sure the apartment complex had rented their unit out before they moved. Except now they're scrambling to find a place in California.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

If they buy the home of there dreams already, I'm giving my parents go pros for Christmas

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Wow, I just looked and they're getting a lot of criticism in the comments. People are confused by their lack of planning and the fact that they were claiming that they were just packing up slowly with no move-out date, and now suddenly they had planned to be out Labor Day weekend. Several people are questioning while they would move without a rental home lined up. Someone even said they were just going to CA to live of the Lannings. They must be busy packing today with no time to delete comments. :D
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

They should be busy making another baby.. they can gain more viewers ::lightbulb::

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

You'd think they'd at least see their parents one last time before they move. Sort of a long drive, but they do have a long weekend and can't move until next week anyway. I guess they really just don't get along with them. Kind of sad considering BOTH sets of parents seemed to help them out a lot in the past and now they will have to fly to SoCal if they want to see June.

C&K seem so self-centered and treat their parents like crap.

Why are they already complaining about packing non-stop?? It's not that hard to put things in boxes!!! They haven't even STARTED the hard part!!
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

queentee20 wrote:
onbreak wrote:They should be busy making another baby.. they can gain more viewers ::lightbulb::

Kelsey has the IUD. No money maker any time soon for these losers
My guess is their channel will start to dip again in the next 6 months and they will suddenly realize they are ready for another baby and June needs a sibling. Youtubers, especially these two fools, are quick to abandon their values and life plans when youtube money is on the line.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

onbreak wrote:Some guys are dicks and refuse to work. Some say its anxiety or panic attacks keeping them from working/ providing. I wonder if its part of his controlling personality, he had to know what kelsey is doing at all times. Juniper will grow up to hate him, no sleepovers, is understandable in this day and age, but he's going to have her locked up and isolated.. Kinda like "we cant go to the playground she gets chased"

Sadly there are more and more young people on checks and disability with these anxious issues. This is b.s. I have suffered from severe anxiety and health problems and worked all my life. There are medications and also just good ol fashioned pulling your big kid pants up. We lack something today with that. I don't know where it went wrong, did we coddle too much? Make too many participation trophies? Not let them fail or feel sadness or hard times?
It makes me sick. Most of YouTube is made up of these people.
wandering_meg
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wandering_meg »

So Corbin and June are both sick and all 3 have to go to the store to buy medicine. Why didn't Kelsey just go so they don't infect a bunch of people?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wandering_meg wrote:So Corbin and June are both sick and all 3 have to go to the store to buy medicine. Why didn't Kelsey just go so they don't infect a bunch of people?!
I'm guessing it's because Corbin doesn't trust Kelsey to get the correct things? Remember when he used to do all the grocery shopping too?!?! He's so freaking WEIRD! It's gotten to the point where she can BARELY function on her own.

That was also a super weird vlog because it was literally 100 degrees in Portland yesterday...so I don't why they'd be outside walking around so much??!!
Popcorn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Popcorn »

I'm not fully caught up because usually they're too boring to hate watch, but I just watched the vlog from the 1st in which Kelsey goes on a little whine rant about how moving is hard and they didn't know they needed a permit to park their pod on the street. First of all, this is one of those things that it should be common sense to check on when you live in a city where you don't "own" your parking areas like when you have a driveway. We've moved with those things a few times and always got the permit way in advance.

Second, this: "Corbin called to get the permit. He called *three minutes* after they closed. And of course they closed early." Um, no, if he called three minutes after they closed and no one answered, it's because they had closed on time and they were already closed. I can't believe they'd complain that no city employee was hanging around a few minutes after closing waiting to handle his issue.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Popcorn wrote:I'm not fully caught up because usually they're too boring to hate watch, but I just watched the vlog from the 1st in which Kelsey goes on a little whine rant about how moving is hard and they didn't know they needed a permit to park their pod on the street. First of all, this is one of those things that it should be common sense to check on when you live in a city where you don't "own" your parking areas like when you have a driveway. We've moved with those things a few times and always got the permit way in advance.

Second, this: "Corbin called to get the permit. He called *three minutes* after they closed. And of course they closed early." Um, no, if he called three minutes after they and no one answered, it's because they had closed on time and they were already closed. I can't believe they'd complain that no city employee was hanging around a few minutes after closing waiting to handle his issue.
They're definitely betraying the fact that they are not city people if it didn't occur to them that they would need a permit to leave a large moving pod on the street. It's very telling that two adults without jobs outside the home can be so disorganized and stressed about a move.

They need to realize that they are not the ideal rental application and it could take more than 2 weeks to find a house, get accepted, and move in. I don't think they realize that those people reviewing their application are going to see that they are 1) self-employed and 2) Have only been making enough to rely on YouTube as their sole source of income for a few months now. I found it funny that Kelsey and Corbin completely brushed over the financial reality of buying a house, instead saying they were renting because they don't know where they want to settle yet, making it sound like they could buy if they wanted to. Maybe they really are counting on Missy to fork over that down payment.

I continue to find it amusing that they are finally willing to admit that having a baby in a studio apartment was not a good idea. They really are those people who can't take advise from anyone. They signed a 12 month lease on an apartment with no real bedroom and no yard in city where they didn't know anyone. Now suddenly 8 months later a yard and multiple bedrooms are on their must-have list and they're moving to be closer to friends and family.

For the first time I noticed that the moving Q&A made it look like Kelsey really envies Missy. I feel like their decision to have a baby and start YouTube was heavily influenced by wanting to emulate Missy and Bryan. Now they're moving to the same suburban town as Bryan and Missy. And Kelsey wants chickens in her rental house, which seems highly unlikely unless they are on quite a bit of land like Missy and Bryan. Most neighborhoods won't allow that. It seems that Kelsey and Corbin aren't capable of living their own lives without trying to keep up with the Lannings.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Did anyone watch their "reality show" tonight? I don't even get that channel, but I'm curious if it was anything new...or just old footage? It was quite odd that they really didn't even promote it.
zil
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by zil »

I watched. It was only their vlog footage with a tiny bit of commentary that was filmed recently.
avabrooke1226
Talker
Talker

Unread post by avabrooke1226 »

Yeah I watched it, nothing exciting
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

SO in today's vlog, they almost missed the delivery of their moving pod because Corbin was getting a massage. And then when he finally got a hold of them again, he said that they BETTER come back and deliver it.

I can't even make this stuff up.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Pency wrote:SO in today's vlog, they almost missed the delivery of their moving pod because Corbin was getting a massage. And then when he finally got a hold of them again, he said that they BETTER come back and deliver it.

I can't even make this stuff up.
This has to be satire. Corbin and Kelsey celebrated his December birthday in July for reasons unknown, and Corbin hasn't used his gift certificate from July yet, so they wait until their last day in Portland and the day their pod is getting delivered to make a massage appointment and nearly miss the delivery.

So do we think Missy and Bryan had to co-sign their lease in order get their application approved?
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

HashtagBlessed wrote: For the first time I noticed that the moving Q&A made it look like Kelsey really envies Missy. I feel like their decision to have a baby and start YouTube was heavily influenced by wanting to emulate Missy and Bryan. Now they're moving to the same suburban town as Bryan and Missy. And Kelsey wants chickens in her rental house, which seems highly unlikely unless they are on quite a bit of land like Missy and Bryan. Most neighborhoods won't allow that. It seems that Kelsey and Corbin aren't capable of living their own lives without trying to keep up with the Lannings.
This is something that's always baffled me about them. Missy and Bryan are so clearly a pair of goofy Baptists from Idaho who have been pretty sheltered their whole lives, so maybe Kelsey and Corbin are their 'cool' (ha!) friends. But Kelsey and Corbin have both lived in multiple states away from their parents, been to college and art school, etc. How are Bryan and Missy their only friends??? They were talking in a q and a about things they'd miss in Portland and they both said 'hands down the food' which made me realize they literally have no one to miss. They'd never say 'oh our parents group, our friends Molly and Steve, the guys in my dad bod baseball league'.

That's crazy to me because having a baby is actually a great way to make friends if you have as much time as they do. If you take your baby to stuff you will meet a ton of other parents who are all looking for other people to find community with (trust me there are ALWAYS people who are the first of their friends to have a kid and they want to share the experience with someone). They took June to music classes, right? It looked like it was filled with hipster couples. How have they not made a single friend here between them? This makes me think they are somehow worse in real life and the vlog is just cut together to make them (Corbin) seem great.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luci417 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote: For the first time I noticed that the moving Q&A made it look like Kelsey really envies Missy. I feel like their decision to have a baby and start YouTube was heavily influenced by wanting to emulate Missy and Bryan. Now they're moving to the same suburban town as Bryan and Missy. And Kelsey wants chickens in her rental house, which seems highly unlikely unless they are on quite a bit of land like Missy and Bryan. Most neighborhoods won't allow that. It seems that Kelsey and Corbin aren't capable of living their own lives without trying to keep up with the Lannings.
This is something that's always baffled me about them. Missy and Bryan are so clearly a pair of goofy Baptists from Idaho who have been pretty sheltered their whole lives, so maybe Kelsey and Corbin are their 'cool' (ha!) friends. But Kelsey and Corbin have both lived in multiple states away from their parents, been to college and art school, etc. How are Bryan and Missy their only friends??? They were talking in a q and a about things they'd miss in Portland and they both said 'hands down the food' which made me realize they literally have no one to miss. They'd never say 'oh our parents group, our friends Molly and Steve, the guys in my dad bod baseball league'.

That's crazy to me because having a baby is actually a great way to make friends if you have as much time as they do. If you take your baby to stuff you will meet a ton of other parents who are all looking for other people to find community with (trust me there are ALWAYS people who are the first of their friends to have a kid and they want to share the experience with someone). They took June to music classes, right? It looked like it was filled with hipster couples. How have they not made a single friend here between them? This makes me think they are somehow worse in real life and the vlog is just cut together to make them (Corbin) seem great.
LOL! I'm from Portland (moved away in 2013) and I miss the FOOD the most too! It's really, truly that good. I'm actually being serious and really have my favorite places that are awesome, delicious and unique.

But I totally agree it's super odd they NEVER made any friends. There are so many things you can do to meet people in PDX - heck, my friends and I even joined young professional/hipster bowling league once!! I think they are just a co-dependent/boring couple who have been together since they were 14/15 (same as Missy/Bryan) and never learned how to be independent or be interesting. Sure, they lived in California and Oregon, but they were ALWAYS together! I have an IRL friend couple like that and they are ANNOYING AF! I could see people in Portland shying away from them because they are WEIRD!
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

I'm from Portland too & was only watching for a glimpse of my fav city... To bad they are moving.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I noticed that they didn't bother to repaint the accent walls they painted. I wonder how much it cost them to have those walls painted for 8 months when you factor in the fees they’ll incur from the leasing office.

It’s pretty funny that they lasted only a few months in the city without a car, and only 8 months total in that apartment before they were running for the suburbs. Will they finally stop pretending that they’re Portlanders now? I also find it funny that they keep saying they’re moving so they can have a yard for the baby. A baby doesn’t need a backyard. They’re moving for the career advancement they see in being closer to Missy and Bryan.

I’ve known my husband since I was 16 and I’ve been with him since I was 18. While I could easily spend every day with him and be content, I also know that friendships are important for us as individuals and honestly it makes our marriage better when we foster those relationships with friends. Kelsey said that they hoped to make friends in their group midwife appointments, but of course nothing ever came of that. I think they’re actually much more insufferable in real life- I’m sure people can see how entitled and try-hard they are from a mile away.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”