Chloe and Beans: Long Hair, DO Care! - Part 4

thealesc
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans: Long Hair, DO Care! - Part 4

Unread post by thealesc »

julietpreston wrote:I'm totally nitpicking because I don't think she meant to do this, but she's kind of spreading false info with her seasons post on IG (as she does with a lot of her random rants). There are a lot of comments saying "Australia doesn't have autumn or spring?" "Australia doesn't celebrate halloween?" etc and none of that is true lol. She seems to have a lot of free time to make posts about random topics that drag on and on.

Re her saying that Evan will learn patience when he gets older- how? He has to learn somewhere. Most kids learn from their peers and from working in a group. They don't just turn another year older and magically gain a new moral or something like a video game. His parents cant be bothered to teach him, Otto is almost his age but is too shy and laid back, and he probably won't learn anything from his younger siblings. His only hope is homeschool group and I wouldn't be surprised if they isolate themselves there too.

Well coming from someone that has lived in both Germany and Australia, Australia definitely had less seasons than the states or for that sake, a lot of other countries just because it's too hot. And I don't know if I just live in the wrong neighbourhood but Halloween was literally non existent last year... (kinda bummed about that)
Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Peachespeonies »

thealesc wrote:
julietpreston wrote:I'm totally nitpicking because I don't think she meant to do this, but she's kind of spreading false info with her seasons post on IG (as she does with a lot of her random rants). There are a lot of comments saying "Australia doesn't have autumn or spring?" "Australia doesn't celebrate halloween?" etc and none of that is true lol. She seems to have a lot of free time to make posts about random topics that drag on and on.

Re her saying that Evan will learn patience when he gets older- how? He has to learn somewhere. Most kids learn from their peers and from working in a group. They don't just turn another year older and magically gain a new moral or something like a video game. His parents cant be bothered to teach him, Otto is almost his age but is too shy and laid back, and he probably won't learn anything from his younger siblings. His only hope is homeschool group and I wouldn't be surprised if they isolate themselves there too.

Well coming from someone that has lived in both Germany and Australia, Australia definitely had less seasons than the states or for that sake, a lot of other countries just because it's too hot. And I don't know if I just live in the wrong neighbourhood but Halloween was literally non existent last year... (kinda bummed about that)
Australia still does have spring, autumn, winter and summer. Just a milder one compared to the northern hemisphere, simply because there are more landmass over at northen hemisphere. Plus if you look at Perth's position, it is where Morocco is. More Mediterranean I would say.

Now chloe has loads of blind followers who just buy what she says. Most times she is preaching extreme method. There Is no balance or in betweens. She is somewhat seems to be pretty bad at this parenting thing. She is always ALWAYS RIGHT and she doesn't learn anything from anyone else.

I didn't watch the videos but I am assuming she did nothing for Ro on father's day?
ShudnaB3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ShudnaB3 »

I'll sit in the nit-picking corner with you, Julietpreston. I've lived in both hemispheres and, no, most places in Australia don't have the dramatic differences that other places do but we still have seasons and call them as such. (Not just winter and summer.)

No mention of Father's Day (yet), but they've both posted about those fidget cubes on their Instagram. Wouldn't it be a more effective #AD if they actually, you know, took the item out of the package?
Bernie_anna
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bernie_anna »

Okay, I'm just gonna say this, I live in NSW two hours west of Sydney and we experience a very clear distinction between seasons. So yes, she is incorrect. Like EVERY other country or continent in the world depending on its position; varying towns & regions will experience different climates and climatic changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

MamaJoAnna wrote:
Suzannn wrote:Sorry for the double post, but do any mods check in on this thread? It should be moved to the main page... maybe someone could pm a mod?
Hi, mod here! Unfortunately I have no clue how to transfer the C&B threads to a separate subforum. My fellow mod Kryptonite may know how to. Please PM her with any questions. Sorry, still learning :\

I have messaged Kryptonite and she is trying to move the page over. Just going to see what she can do!
lovesthree
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovesthree »

Seriously Chloe? I live near her and we have lots of deciduous street trees that lose their leaves every Autumn. Does she walk around with her eyes closed? We just don't have many native trees/plants that are deciduous, so Autumn is not as dramatic as other places. There is still a definite difference between all 3 seasons though! I dont think Halloween is as big here as the states, but we definitely celebrate. If her kids went to school she'd know all about the halloween discos and parties and plenty of kids in the neighbourhood trick or treat. She really does live in a bubble lol
Berry_2
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Berry_2 »

Im so confused lol I live in NSW and Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring have always had distinct characteristics and shifts in the weather?! LOL. About 70% of our suburb celebrate Halloween. We always get a few trick or treaters. I wish it was celebrated more!
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

I wonder if she's downplaying Halloween because she won't want the kids getting candy. One vegan youtuber I saw last year her kids went trick or treating then they came home threw out the candy and got raw vegan snacks instead. They could do non-food treats it's becoming more popular here in the US with the Teal Pumpkin Project to have not food treats for Halloween\ToTing.
Ice cream sundae
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ice cream sundae »

Or maybe they just don't bother with Halloween like we never have in my house? It's really not a big thing in some parts of the world. :?
unionjack
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by unionjack »

DoodleBop wrote:I wonder if she's downplaying Halloween because she won't want the kids getting candy. One vegan youtuber I saw last year her kids went trick or treating then they came home threw out the candy and got raw vegan snacks instead. They could do non-food treats it's becoming more popular here in the US with the Teal Pumpkin Project to have not food treats for Halloween\ToTing.
Ellen Fisher? I saw that video too, felt quite bad that she was throwing the candy away, not trying to say that this much sugar is good for kids, but I just don't feel good about wasting produce, she could have at least given it away or something... :/ However she changed her method the next year and instead went to the houses beforehand giving them something else to hand her kids. :)

Back to topic: Chloe's kids might not even know about Halloween, since they seem to be quite cut off from the outside, their only "source of information" are their parents, and if they won't tell them about it, they might not even notice...
gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

I agree in principle with many things Chloe says so I wonder why I dislike her so much. I think it's just her sanctimonious attitude and total lack of humility. There's a way to say these things without sounding like a complete asshole.

Plus, when she feeds the kids from one bowl, they aren't deciding how much to eat for themselves - the fastest-eating siblings determine how much everyone eats...
But that's ok because later on in the day, they can shove 5 bananas down their throats to make up for it!

DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

I think the only reason it's commented on is because she's making sweeping proclamations for the entire country.

How long until one of the kids stabs another with a fork over the communal bowl...hungry hungry hippos who can eat the quickest.
olim
Talker
Talker

Unread post by olim »

Last Halloween the boys helped give candy to kids that came to their house trick or treating - so they have some idea that they may be missing out on something.
Ice cream sundae
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ice cream sundae »

Just reading an article on the bbc website about people who were vegan going back to eating meat for health reasons. Makes interesting reading. Not sure if I can post a link so here goes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41158365
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

Speaking of halloween, I wonder if Chloe will buy normal chocolate or vegan chocolate/lollies to hand out to trick or treaters? Vegan chocolate can be very expensive. But then again it doesn't seem like they're struggling.

Chloe totally posted that fruit pic on IG for us. She hasn't posted a plate picture like that in awhile and in the vlogs it seems half the time the kids eat out of one bowl and snack while they're out. I doubt they actually have a scheduled 3pm snack time and all get their own portions.
ShudnaB3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ShudnaB3 »

So four posts thus far on their sponsored fidget cubes. (between the two Instagram accounts) Still no evidence they've actually taken them out of the packaging or played with them, lol! And someone on Chloe's post asks if they'd be suitable for a 16 month old and Chloe says she thinks it's suitable for any age. Ummmm...I highly doubt a small cube with the potential to break is recommended for a toddler, Chloe! Better watch it or those, ahem, "carefully chosen sponsorships" might be even more rare.
lovesthree
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lovesthree »

Ice cream sundae wrote:Just reading an article on the bbc website about people who were vegan going back to eating meat for health reasons. Makes interesting reading. Not sure if I can post a link so here goes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41158365
I know a vegan that eats that way for ethical reasons, but they do eat some animal products that they know where it comes from and how the animals are treated. We all buy eggs from a local farm and the chickens live a very nice life! If we didn't eat their eggs they would just go to waste anyway. If the health of my children was suffering, I would look into these options. Not all animal products come from animals living in misery..
Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Peachespeonies »

I would be more worried about overpopulation and sustainability rather than vegan this and that. Hear that chloe?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

gossipingloser wrote:I agree in principle with many things Chloe says so I wonder why I dislike her so much. I think it's just her sanctimonious attitude and total lack of humility. There's a way to say these things without sounding like a complete asshole.

Plus, when she feeds the kids from one bowl, they aren't deciding how much to eat for themselves - the fastest-eating siblings determine how much everyone eats...
But that's ok because later on in the day, they can shove 5 bananas down their throats to make up for it!

THIS!!!! I also agree with a lot of what she's saying. It's the way she's saying it. It's very off-putting, almost offensive. I can feel her judgment oozing out of the screen at me.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

She's very high and mighty which is distasteful to watch.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”