Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I liked the first bloopers, but I admit, this time, I wasn't a fan. I also felt like this one was kind of edited funny? Maybe that's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Yeah, I stand by my statement. Based on what we saw on the vlog, that wasn't a life-threatening injury, so there was no need to involve ambulances or rush to the ER with three additional kids and improper restraint seats. They had to wait on Joel for 5 minutes, not five hours. Nothing was broken, she wasn't bleeding out, etc. They did the right thing within a reasonable time frame. That's not to say I think all of Bonnie's decisions are always the greatest, but I don't see a problem with the way she handled Olivia's injury.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Kaylor1 wrote:I think the bloopers are funny if they are really bloopers. Showing her restart her sentences over and over in multiple scenes make things feel less genuine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I dont think so, only based on me trying to make a cooking video a few times (literally for personal use..trying to make a video recipe playlist for my kids) and I hate how I sound in it. I never uploaded the videos, but I restarted so many times because it was shit lol
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Slipping into shock I agree it's a bit of exaggeration, but it's clickbait. It's not the first time they've done and it won't be the last. It doesn't really bother me that much to be honest.
I cut my finger a couple months ago cutting an avocado with the biggest knife we have in the house, the knife hit the bone and I couldn't go get stitches because I had an exam I had to study for so I had to butterfly it myself and take care of it by myself. When it happened I gotta say I felt like I was gonna faint and it didn't even hurt. Blood doesn't even bother me as I've dealt with my share of it since I was little. I had to lay down and I was GREY. I can understand why they used to word 'shock' as they're not medical professionals and don't really know what it exactly means, but if you actually google 'shock symptoms', it describes Olivia's reaction. I KNOW she didn't go into shock, but it's understandable if they used it in a nonchalant way with no intent of offending anyone. I honestly think it was just... ignorance. Because if they did know what shock is, they wouldn't ever say their child had it.
you can call me kath.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I actually watched the blog where Olivia gets stitches. I cannot believe how calm Bonnie was. I wish they would have stopped filming when Olivia was laying on the floor freaking out though.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

lmmomSD wrote:I am wondering if that's a Utah thing. My daughter was watching the Binghams today, and they went for a hike, and the boys were wearing flip flops! They're climbing on a trail, and they're slipping because they are wearing flip flops!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I follow a soap maker on YT who lives in South Carolina, and she mentioned the kids were all wearing flip flops at school (because the weather was still warm, in contrast to NY where she grew up).
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

I want to get mad about her saying that Lincoln doesn't care if he never had another binky and then her buying a brand new pack, but I get it. My 10 month old stopped using a binky at 7 months on his own. He is slowly using a sippy cup for his milk now instead of a bottle. It makes me sad because he is (more than likely) my last baby. And I totally understand Bonnie wanting to keep Lincoln a baby even though he's old enough to be potty trained and in preschool almost. It's a tough transition from having babys, to having all bigger kids. My youngest was never a little, little baby. He came out and grew up overnight it seems.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

whatsbeyond wrote:I want to get mad about her saying that Lincoln doesn't care if he never had another binky and then her buying a brand new pack, but I get it. My 10 month old stopped using a binky at 7 months on his own. He is slowly using a sippy cup for his milk now instead of a bottle. It makes me sad because he is (more than likely) my last baby. And I totally understand Bonnie wanting to keep Lincoln a baby even though he's old enough to be potty trained and in preschool almost. It's a tough transition from having babys, to having all bigger kids. My youngest was never a little, little baby. He came out and grew up overnight it seems.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
I get wanting to keep your babies babies, Boston had a paci for a long time as well he was well over two maybe even three before she took it away I don't remember exactly when it was. There is no excuse for the bottles in his bed, milk will rot his teeth. Only one of my two babies took a pacifier and I took it away from him at 20 months. He lost it, and it was bedtime so I let him cry it out 10 minutes and he was fine, he hasn't had one since then and is now attached to his blanket instead. Lincoln has a blanket and a stuffed dog so it would be a very easy transition for him as well. There is no need for 4 comfort items at bedtime.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lovingthisforum wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I am wondering if that's a Utah thing. My daughter was watching the Binghams today, and they went for a hike, and the boys were wearing flip flops! They're climbing on a trail, and they're slipping because they are wearing flip flops!

I follow a soap maker on YT who lives in South Carolina, and she mentioned the kids were all wearing flip flops at school (because the weather was still warm, in contrast to NY where she grew up).
I get that, but hiking? It makes no sense.

About the binky, I blew it bad with my daughter and let her keep it way too long. We ended up trading it for a "My first Barbie". We took them all to the store and threw them away, and she got a Barbie doll. My son lost his, but didn't take a new one because it tasted different. So that was that. I just don't understand buying a whole new pack when he's almost 2.
And I didn't watch today, but I saw the title. Was it as dramatic as they made it sound? "Olivia's Recovery" makes it sound like she had surgery or something. I get that stitches are a big deal, but when Boston had surgery, that was recovery. Bonnie had a long recovery from her tonsils, poor thing. But "Olivia's Recovery"? Really?

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

lmmomSD wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:

I get that, but hiking? It makes no sense.

About the binky, I blew it bad with my daughter and let her keep it way too long. We ended up trading it for a "My first Barbie". We took them all to the store and threw them away, and she got a Barbie doll. My son lost his, but didn't take a new one because it tasted different. So that was that. I just don't understand buying a whole new pack when he's almost 2.
And I didn't watch today, but I saw the title. Was it as dramatic as they made it sound? "Olivia's Recovery" makes it sound like she had surgery or something. I get that stitches are a big deal, but when Boston had surgery, that was recovery. Bonnie had a long recovery from her tonsils, poor thing. But "Olivia's Recovery"? Really?

The "recovery" was a brief shot of her very well-healing stitches, and a sentence on how she puts a bandage on it when she goes out.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

I commented this on the vlog but I'm glad that they did decide to get her stitches. I cut my finger a few months ago at work (probably a bit worse than Olivia's) and when I asked my manager for his opinion, he told me that the ER probably wouldn't even give me stitches (looking back, it's was a Saturday night in a restaurant, of course he didn't want me to leave.) We just put 2-3 bandaids on it and a finger cot after rinsing it off. Fortunately I had the forethought to get the workmans comp paperwork "just in case."

When I was still in a lot of pain the next morning, I went to an immediate care. They told me I would have almost definitely gotten 3-4 stitches if I had gone to a dr the night it happened but they won't give stitches after 12 hours because of infection risk. Now I have a pretty decent scar and I know my nerves are messed up.

Life lesson learned. Always default to going to the ER if there is a question. Worst that can happen is they'll tell you that it's not deep enough to get stitches and just clean/rebandage it. And if you do need stitches, you'll be glad you went.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I felt really bad for Cody. If he likes those jeans so much, why can't he wear them for playing? But of course, since Momma Griff threw away clothes, Bonnie has to, because Momma Griff did everything right.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:I felt really bad for Cody. If he likes those jeans so much, why can't he wear them for playing? But of course, since Momma Griff threw away clothes, Bonnie has to, because Momma Griff did everything right.

Lol. They were pretty bad. Not even covering enough to protect his knees if he were playing.

Plus I'm guessing he's probably outgrown them.

I don't think this one has anything to do with Mama Griff, and more to do with cleaning out the summer closet. Then again, I just went through a similar struggle with my hoarder of a son Image
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I thought the jeans would make for cute cut offs! They're super worn, which is a look I like. But I know Cody doesn't like shorts. Could have been adorable on Lincoln next summer!

The tomatoes... where exactly are they located? I only ever remember seeing some small garden in the Hoellein backyard??? Are they are Chad and Jennifer's? That was a huuuge garden in comparison to what I thought Joel had! I'm so jealous of all those delicious looking tomatoes!

Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

angelfire89 wrote:I commented this on the vlog but I'm glad that they did decide to get her stitches. I cut my finger a few months ago at work (probably a bit worse than Olivia's) and when I asked my manager for his opinion, he told me that the ER probably wouldn't even give me stitches (looking back, it's was a Saturday night in a restaurant, of course he didn't want me to leave.) We just put 2-3 bandaids on it and a finger cot after rinsing it off. Fortunately I had the forethought to get the workmans comp paperwork "just in case."

When I was still in a lot of pain the next morning, I went to an immediate care. They told me I would have almost definitely gotten 3-4 stitches if I had gone to a dr the night it happened but they won't give stitches after 12 hours because of infection risk. Now I have a pretty decent scar and I know my nerves are messed up.

Life lesson learned. Always default to going to the ER if there is a question. Worst that can happen is they'll tell you that it's not deep enough to get stitches and just clean/rebandage it. And if you do need stitches, you'll be glad you went.
im going off topic here now but we also have dermabond in the ER which is basically skin glue for when its not deep enough that helps too!
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

They've changed the name of yesterday's vlog from ''CLOSURE: Cody learns a tough lesson' to 'First Love: CLOSURE.' I wonder why?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Scar2016 wrote:They've changed the name of yesterday's vlog from ''CLOSURE: Cody learns a tough lesson' to 'First Love: CLOSURE.' I wonder why?
Then they changed it twice because when I first watched it was just "CLOSURE".
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Why does Lincoln have that little tent thing over his crib? If he's crawling out convert it into a toddler bed or go out and buy one. They're not that expensive
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

zipadeedodah wrote:Why does Lincoln have that little tent thing over his crib? If he's crawling out convert it into a toddler bed or go out and buy one. They're not that expensive Image
1. They didn't want him able to move around at night. (Given what we've seen of Linc's stubbornness and ability to get into things I don't blame them tbh).

2. They weren't ready to take the crib down yet. They almost did, and since Linc is the last baby it was hard and they weren't ready.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

soo if i understood todays vlog right, two stay at home parents with 2 kids are hiring a nanny to help them?
or did i miss something?
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”