Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Jennthelurker wrote:soo if i understood todays vlog right, two stay at home parents with 2 kids are hiring a nanny to help them?
or did i miss something?
Bree was their Mother's Helper before and is back I guess (not sure how that was two years already). She's going to be helping out as needed again since Joel always had projects and Bonnie has a lot of business stuff going on. I'm glad to see they have more going on than just boring daily vlogs tbh. The cookbook idea is stupid, but Bonnie's deal with Rulee sounds interesting (weekly photo shoots).

The only issue I have with it is if Boston starts spending a lot of time with Bree instead of B&J, then he may as well have gone to preschool instead.
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

I'm sure I'm alone on this page when I say this, but Bonnie annoys the crap out of me. It's all me me me with her. She Truly believes the world owes her something. You are a stay at home mom so you can raise your kids and spend quality time with them. Not pawn them off on a nanny to raise while you focus all of your time on you. Both of them are now stay at home parents. Joel only does odds and ins things. They have 2 children in schools. Boston should be in school since the queen B doesn't have time for him. Olivia is a better parent. I'm willing to bet with the new income from YT, Bree taking over the kids again Bonnie will end up pregnant again.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Jennthelurker wrote:soo if i understood todays vlog right, two stay at home parents with 2 kids are hiring a nanny to help them?
or did i miss something?
Bree was their Mother's Helper before and is back I guess (not sure how that was two years already). She's going to be helping out as needed again since Joel always had projects and Bonnie has a lot of business stuff going on. I'm glad to see they have more going on than just boring daily vlogs tbh. The cookbook idea is stupid, but Bonnie's deal with Rulee sounds interesting (weekly photo shoots).

The only issue I have with it is if Boston starts spending a lot of time with Bree instead of B&J, then he may as well have gone to preschool instead.
There is no way it's been a full two years since she left for her mission. That went so fast!

I'm glad she's back though, because they all love her so much and she seems like a really sweet person. I agree that it really doesn't make sense for Boston to be at home if he's going to be with Bree a lot now. He could have really benefited from preschool this year.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I totally see those points of view, and I also look at it from the other side too. I had no idea that she was doing weekly or every other week photo shoots. It's crazy how much they truly can hide daily vlogging! I'm glad she was being open about hiring Bree again. Will be interesting how long she keeps her for etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

The whole cookbook thing is another story.

Did anyone catch in Ellie's vlog where her mom was like THEY ARE MY GRANDCHILDREN, we are doing it HERE!!!

I couldn't figure out what that was about... doing all the cooking at her house?

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I work part-time from home and have someone come to the house to watch my children too. I guess I'm a pretty poor parent as well :? Being home doesn't mean you are just sitting around not doing anything. Joel helps out a lot, and Bonnie seems to be really busy with her brand endorsements lately. Selfish would be hauling the kids to the photoshoots and expecting the people there to watch them for her. Hiring help is a good use of her money in my opinion, and far better than making Joel stay home until he loses his mind, or making them stay in the basement unsupervised all the time (cough cough Ellie cough). Bonnie is one of the most hands on YT parents I've seen. Most others have family helping out if there aren't two of them to watch the kids at a time, and Bonnie and Joel are rarely together watching the kids. Joel has said he quit to help out with YT, but he has also said he hopes to pursue other projects and start a business. He also likes his projects, why do people care if he is doing something with his time and not wanting to just be a stay at home dad? By the same token, Bonnie is WORKING when she has the help. Unlike so many other vloggers, we don't see her playing on her phone or hearing about her daily naps. Even with Bree there, she runs the show and knows what is going on with the kids. I don't get the outrage or see how asking for help is selfish. She's paying her... not expecting family to help.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Google says that missions only last 18 months for females and 24 months for males. I'm sure there are some awful reasons why women don't go as long as the men, mostly related to marriage and child bearing age.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They were napping a lot. Maybe they just stopped talking about them because of backlash. For a while, Joel's day consisted of working out, maybe puttering around the house, and napping. I don't get why Boston can't be in preschool if they're going to have a helper. Then that would only leave Lincoln during the day, and they could tag team him. Is Joel doing that many projects outside the home? He said he wanted to, but that was a year ago. Or close to it. It just doesn't seem right to say that Boston can't go to preschool because they want him home with them, and then hiring someone to take care of him and Lincoln.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
greyskies9
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greyskies9 »

There is no way it's been a full two years since she left for her mission. That went so fast!

I'm glad she's back though, because they all love her so much and she seems like a really sweet person. I agree that it really doesn't make sense for Boston to be at home if he's going to be with Bree a lot now. He could have really benefited from preschool this year.[/quote]

Girls go on Missions for 18 months. Boys go for 2 years.
menehune
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:They were napping a lot. Maybe they just stopped talking about them because of backlash. For a while, Joel's day consisted of working out, maybe puttering around the house, and napping. I don't get why Boston can't be in preschool if they're going to have a helper. Then that would only leave Lincoln during the day, and they could tag team him. Is Joel doing that many projects outside the home? He said he wanted to, but that was a year ago. Or close to it. It just doesn't seem right to say that Boston can't go to preschool because they want him home with them, and then hiring someone to take care of him and Lincoln.

They never said she was there full time. Only that they had enough work to keep her busy. If she's in school, then I don't think it's outrageous for her to be there helping a few times a week.

We see Joel working a ton on things, he is nothing like the other YT husbands. I think he deserves that credit where it's due. I haven't seen them mention naps for him in months, but if he is taking one, then he's also up early and working hard so I don't see the big deal. They redid the front garden and planted/grew that whole one in the back. Someone is working a ton around the house and we just don't see it. I don't think they have a gardener, so that would be Joel.

Katie and Cullen send their kids away a few days a week and everyone thinks it a great idea because parents need a break and thats a good chance to get things done. B&J hire someone to help (with twice as many kids) while they are still around and it's the worst thing ever.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I never said it was the worst thing ever. I just think that it's hypocritical to say that Boston can't go to preschool because they want him home (which was my understanding-- correct me if I'm wrong) and then hire someone to watch him. I think he would flourish in preschool. He is so bright and inquisitive. And we know Bonnie isn't teaching him letters and numbers. I was honestly asking about Joel's projects. I don't watch all the time. All I said was that for a while, he was working out, puttering around and napping. No need to get your knickers in a twist.
And I don't think it's "great" that C&K are sending the kids to school because "parents need a break". There's two of them at home and they aren't doing much. I think it's good because Gaines loves it, and because Brooks needs stimulation and something (not sure what that something is) that C&K obviously aren't providing, because he's obviously frustrated a LOT. I am far from being in the "Cullen and Katie are perfect parents" camp.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I got the impression that Bonnie doesn't actually NEED Bree, but that she wants to help Bree out, and in order to justify it, she can be lax on when she needs Joel home with the boys when she's doing the photo shoot and things like that. I truly didn't get the feeling that Bonnie felt overwhelmed therefore she asked Bree to come help out.

Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

menehune wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:They were napping a lot. Maybe they just stopped talking about them because of backlash. For a while, Joel's day consisted of working out, maybe puttering around the house, and napping. I don't get why Boston can't be in preschool if they're going to have a helper. Then that would only leave Lincoln during the day, and they could tag team him. Is Joel doing that many projects outside the home? He said he wanted to, but that was a year ago. Or close to it. It just doesn't seem right to say that Boston can't go to preschool because they want him home with them, and then hiring someone to take care of him and Lincoln.

They never said she was there full time. Only that they had enough work to keep her busy. If she's in school, then I don't think it's outrageous for her to be there helping a few times a week.

We see Joel working a ton on things, he is nothing like the other YT husbands. I think he deserves that credit where it's due. I haven't seen them mention naps for him in months, but if he is taking one, then he's also up early and working hard so I don't see the big deal. They redid the front garden and planted/grew that whole one in the back. Someone is working a ton around the house and we just don't see it. I don't think they have a gardener, so that would be Joel.

Katie and Cullen send their kids away a few days a week and everyone thinks it a great idea because parents need a break and thats a good chance to get things done. B&J hire someone to help (with twice as many kids) while they are still around and it's the worst thing ever.
The difference is Gaines is sent to a center a few days a week to have education and interact with other children, NOT shoved in front of a tv or self entertain with toys and 2 yr old brother. Bonnie is far from the most hands on YT when it comes to her kids. Her videos consist of Bonnie Bonnie Bonnie, and the occasional shot of the kids playing with toys in the basement, or watching cartoons in the basement. She has little interaction with them.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I got the impression that Bonnie doesn't actually NEED Bree, but that she wants to help Bree out, and in order to justify it, she can be lax on when she needs Joel home with the boys when she's doing the photo shoot and things like that. I truly didn't get the feeling that Bonnie felt overwhelmed therefore she asked Bree to come help out.

I agree. I get the impression they like having Bree available, and are going to keep her busy enough that she doesn't move on and start working for someone else. I don't think this is any different than people that pay for a full daycare spot and don't use it.

I don't think the Cullen and Katie situation is any better just because the kids are being sent to a centre. They also go to Grand Dolly's house every week. It's the same thing.. a break! I think every parent should have time to themselves, and as much as we criticize vloggers, they are doing more work behind the scenes than just an average stay at home parent. I do believe Boston could benefit from Preschool, but at the same time I respect Bonnie's reason for not sending him, and if his time with Bree is more after school and he's still getting the individual time with his mom, then who am I to judge?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Even if Bree mostly comes over to watch and entertain the kids while Bonnie does things like wash the floor, or put laundry away, I think that's far safer and more preferable than Olivia always having to keep an eye on Linc. It's better for Bonnie because she is trying to do those things while towing Linc around, or isn't missing out on time with Joel in the evening while catching up on things. I don't have a problem with it unless we start seeing them sitting around relaxing all the time while Bree chases around the kids or cleans house for them. There's nothing wrong with having help here and there, and I'm glad she acknowledged it and didn't just hide it like some vloggers would.

I still think Boston should be in preschool, but I don't think C&K having a break by sending Gaines and Brooks to a centre is any different. It's also an opportunity for them to have a break and get things done, and they have a lot less going on than Bonnie and Joel do!
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

Whotiesyourshoes wrote:I'm sure I'm alone on this page when I say this, but Bonnie annoys the crap out of me. It's all me me me with her. She Truly believes the world owes her something. You are a stay at home mom so you can raise your kids and spend quality time with them. Not pawn them off on a nanny to raise while you focus all of your time on you. Both of them are now stay at home parents. Joel only does odds and ins things. They have 2 children in schools. Boston should be in school since the queen B doesn't have time for him. Olivia is a better parent. I'm willing to bet with the new income from YT, Bree taking over the kids again Bonnie will end up pregnant again.
Come on! Someone needs to take care of the kids so she can put her makeup on and make her weekly trips to the salon and photo shoots! She's a star now, and stars have nannies!!!

So what was all that crap about keeping her kid alphabet free so she could spend time with him?

Bonnie has bought into her own hype.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

Boston "you can't see him very well", the moment a 4-year-old has better grammar than his entire family.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:Boston "you can't see him very well", the moment a 4-year-old has better grammar than his entire family.
OMG I WAS GOING TO COMMENT ABOUT THIS!!!! But I totally forgot. Maybe my prediction was right... that he will be the child that really excels academically. Hahaha.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Parkerwar wrote:
Whotiesyourshoes wrote:I'm sure I'm alone on this page when I say this, but Bonnie annoys the crap out of me. It's all me me me with her. She Truly believes the world owes her something. You are a stay at home mom so you can raise your kids and spend quality time with them. Not pawn them off on a nanny to raise while you focus all of your time on you. Both of them are now stay at home parents. Joel only does odds and ins things. They have 2 children in schools. Boston should be in school since the queen B doesn't have time for him. Olivia is a better parent. I'm willing to bet with the new income from YT, Bree taking over the kids again Bonnie will end up pregnant again.
Come on! Someone needs to take care of the kids so she can put her makeup on and make her weekly trips to the salon and photo shoots! She's a star now, and stars have nannies!!!

So what was all that crap about keeping her kid alphabet free so she could spend time with him?

Bonnie has bought into her own hype.
That was my point. "Oh, I don't want him to go to preschool because I want to spend time with him. This is Bree. She is going to be taking care of him while I go to photo shoots and make phone calls"
It's the hypocrisy I have a problem with. Not them having a helper, or C&K sending their kids to MDO, or however they want to raise their kids. It's the saying one thing and doing another that I have an issue with.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Well she did say she wanted Boston and Lincoln to have a stronger bond as one of her reasons to keep Boston out of school...lol....read that with sarcasm...Bonnie is such a joke.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”