8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: 8 remodelled passengers Part #12

Unread post by Namm »

GuavaMama wrote:Finally made an account. Shari can be so disrespectful. I doubt Ruby talked to her mother like that when she was Shari's age. I wonder what Grandma Griff thinks about all of YouTube watching her granddaughter's bratty behavior.
Grandma Griff is proud to have famous youtube mormons daughters. I'm sure it puts them up there in the mormon church +grandma gets some of the money that her daughters are earning. She's as fame hungry as them but is smart enough to hide it and can discreetly experience it thru her children +grandchildren. Sharis behavior can be overlooked for the sake of fame and status in the church...
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

kgiff77 wrote:Watching Russell's behavior in the vlog today amazed me. I can't believe he could have been going into first grade. Ruby needs to treat him as the age he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you see him beating up Eve in the car?! That was unreal! Like I get siblings fight but he was really going for it and really throwing a huge fit.

Bananasplit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bananasplit »

It seems like Ruby didn't tell Russel she was going to be taking him out of school early. I know with my
Children if there is a change in plans, and I know about it they react so much better if I make sure they know and understand the new plan. He's angry and since this family seems to be a 'fake happy until u r happy' he hasn't been taught how to express his anger. He's frustrated and unable to communicate that and has a mother who thinks he should just be happy. He was genuinely trying to hurt eve, he needs some
Help effectively comminicating his feelings or they are going to have a very angry, violent kid on there hands soon enough.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Bananasplit wrote:It seems like Ruby didn't tell Russel she was going to be taking him out of school early. I know with my
Children if there is a change in plans, and I know about it they react so much better if I make sure they know and understand the new plan. He's angry and since this family seems to be a 'fake happy until u r happy' he hasn't been taught how to express his anger. He's frustrated and unable to communicate that and has a mother who thinks he should just be happy. He was genuinely trying to hurt eve, he needs some
Help effectively comminicating his feelings or they are going to have a very angry, violent kid on there hands soon enough.

You explained it so well ;)
Russel is done containing himself and being the happy boy all the time. But poor Evie who has to take the aggravation. I wonder if it's the same for Chad. He seemed angry for a while as well. Chad probably didn't learn what to do with his non happy feelings either so that must be the issue with him. Julie has/had the same problem but she's a girl and turned the anger inside and it came out as sadness.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I actually have seen behaviour like Russell's in kids his age who are typically developing. I don't think it's acceptable, but I do think Ruby addressed it well by telling him he could be mad but not aggressive. Maybe he is on the autism spectrum or something or maybe he's just a kid dealing with a strange combination of over and under stimulation. I don't know. In other news, oh my goodness, Eve is getting to be so cute these days!
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

natalka81 wrote:I actually have seen behaviour like Russell's in kids his age who are typically developing. I don't think it's acceptable, but I do think Ruby addressed it well by telling him he could be mad but not aggressive. Maybe he is on the autism spectrum or something or maybe he's just a kid dealing with a strange combination of over and under stimulation. I don't know. In other news, oh my goodness, Eve is getting to be so cute these days!
Eve is cute. The problem is that she knows it.
Just look at her making her cute faces every time she's in trouble. She knows how to read a room and is ready for school in terms of social skills. Russell on the other hand...
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

sasperillo wrote:
natalka81 wrote:I actually have seen behaviour like Russell's in kids his age who are typically developing. I don't think it's acceptable, but I do think Ruby addressed it well by telling him he could be mad but not aggressive. Maybe he is on the autism spectrum or something or maybe he's just a kid dealing with a strange combination of over and under stimulation. I don't know. In other news, oh my goodness, Eve is getting to be so cute these days!
Eve is cute. The problem is that she knows it.
Just look at her making her cute faces every time she's in trouble. She knows how to read a room and is ready for school in terms of social skills. Russell on the other hand...

The bangs weren't my favorite but I love them now with the short haircut! It totally fits her! I'm glad she's at least getting some preschool but I wish it was more often and for longer periods. I think with a little bit of structure and discipline, she'll do great!

Anyone else think Ruby needs to cut it with the baby voice to Eve and Russell? It drives me crazy listening to her talk like that, especially to Russell. He's plenty old enough to be talked to like a normal human, not in a condescending baby voice (which makes her sound even more like Grandma Griff).
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Yes her baby voice is super annoying.
These threads always have people complaining about moms using "baby voices" with their kids- there is a common misconception that it hinders kids' language development. It reality it does the opposite- it's called motherese and it is a linguistic universal that helps kids learn the boundaries between words in their language.
I say this because I usually stand up in defense of mothers in comments like this.
But Ruby's case is ridiculous. Her kids are not babies or toddlers and her baby voice is suuuuuuper annoying and comes off as extra patronizing to her younger kids. If you look at j house vlogs they have kids the ages of russel and eve (as well as a baby who gets baby talked to) and they are waaaaay more mature in their behavior. In fact I think their Laura may be a bit younger than Eve. They are treated like kids, not babies and behave accordingly.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

I thought Ruby was still a week behind with her vlogs. She must have read here because either she got up or she has realized that her Instagram post also need to match. It's Eve' s birthday on the vlog and that's what the pictures she has posted today are about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
foursisters
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by foursisters »

crowmtmom78 wrote:I thought Ruby was still a week behind with her vlogs. She must have read here because either she got up or she has realized that her Instagram post also need to match. It's Eve' s birthday on the vlog and that's what the pictures she has posted today are about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
If you look at the vlog she posted for Eve's 3rd birthday, its from September 2nd 2016 (i.e. Eve's birthday is the 1st) so I think she's posting instagrams to line up with her vlogs. IIFR she did the same with Russell's birthday in July - posted an instagram the same day as his birthday vlog was uploading, captioning as though it was currently his birthday when it was infact a week beforehand or something of the sort.
foursisters
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by foursisters »

Eve looked gorgeous in that white top at the start of the vlog, it really suited her (but maybe I'm biased because I don't mustard coloured clothing)
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

kgiff77 wrote:Ruby needs to treat him as the age he is.

Yeah like getting rid of the velcro sneakers, he looked way too old to still need those and way too old to just be starting Kindergarten. She really needs to work hard to catch him up because Eve is moving past him fast and I feel once she starts preschool it will be extremely obvious.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Today's vlog annoyed me for some reason.
I laughed when Ruby commented that Eve changed and then you see that yucky mustard sweater again.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Eve is much more pleasant to watch these days, maybe 4 will be a good year for her as she matures a bit. Ruby has kept her like a toddler for so long, it looks like she's taking it into her own hands and growing.

I personally don't see anything wrong with Russell, a kindergartener, wearing velcro shoes. I don't know any kindergartners who know how to tie their shoes well, if at all.
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

seriously7 wrote:

Yeah like getting rid of the velcro sneakers, he looked way too old to still need those and way too old to just be starting Kindergarten. She really needs to work hard to catch him up because Eve is moving past him fast and I feel once she starts preschool it will be extremely obvious.
My dd just started 1st grade and there are almost no kids with lace up shoes. The teachers actually recommend velcro since the kids have to change shoes everytime they go out for recess, usually twice but sometimes 3 times a day plus start of the day and hometime. That's a lot of switching shoes and laces take too long unless they have been doing it awhile. Heck, I think I was part way through 2nd grade before I ever had a pair of shoes that weren't velcro.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:
kgiff77 wrote:Watching Russell's behavior in the vlog today amazed me. I can't believe he could have been going into first grade. Ruby needs to treat him as the age he is.

Did you see him beating up Eve in the car?! That was unreal! Like I get siblings fight but he was really going for it and really throwing a huge fit.

Russell has some serious anger issues building up. He has had many tantrums and you can see the rage bubbling inside him and this time he snapped lmao poor Eve got the brunt of it. Bet he's a nightmare in the classroom when he doesn't get his way.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

whatsbeyond wrote:
seriously7 wrote:

My dd just started 1st grade and there are almost no kids with lace up shoes. The teachers actually recommend velcro since the kids have to change shoes everytime they go out for recess, usually twice but sometimes 3 times a day plus start of the day and hometime. That's a lot of switching shoes and laces take too long unless they have been doing it awhile. Heck, I think I was part way through 2nd grade before I ever had a pair of shoes that weren't velcro.

Well you know better than me if you have daughter Russell's age, I just really hate velcro's lol.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

When I was a little kid, we were expected to be able to tie our shoes before starting school at age five. We actually were not allowed to have shoes with velcro on them! Now, 30 or so years later (yikes) I know several kids who can't tie their shoes properly at age 10. I think the times have changed!
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I was 3 and I remember sitting at my moms feet trying .. We didn't have tablets or cable .. Im sure that was a factor but its pretty sad how delayed the world is

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
whatsbeyond
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatsbeyond »

I don't think not being able to tie shoes is a significant delay intellectually. Grown adults wear flips flops, slip ons etc. Sure majority could tie a shoe if needed, but there is no harm in kids wearing velcro shoes and not ones they tie. My dd can tie laces at 6, but she hates it. So I buy velcro. I'm sure alot of other kids are the same.

Return to “8 Passengers”