KKButtOnDisplay | Part 9

ckks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KKButtOnDisplay | Part 9

Unread post by ckks »

their thumbnail for today's vlog is so clickbaity and insulting to those who were just devastated by the hurricane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

"Their excuse for staying in case y'all are wondering is: "Our house has been through plenty of hurricanes we will be fine." Has every hurricane been a category 5 dum dum dums? Someone mentioned they are going to use this hurricane as a way to gain views and subscribers and look at that vlog number 1 let's see how many more they make about the hurricane. It's like a big Fu*king joke to them. It's all prance around and talk about wine and coffee and be surprised that everyone else is actually worried for their lives."

Yes, I heard that in their latest vlog. BUT they are saying that Irma will most probably be downgraded to either a Category 3 or 4 by the time it hits land. If that's the case, then I think they'll be okay. I did see in an article in the Orlando press that if anyone is thinking of evacuating, they should do it now (because of obvious gridlock).

Something tells me they'll be okay. If not, well then, they'll have learned a huge lesson.
BlueDot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BlueDot »

(a bit of topic i know, sorry) So i was checking the replies on one of Roman Atwood's tweets and there I see Keren asking for a spot in his youtuber derby coming up... checking her twitter I see it's not the first time either. Now if you see the list of people who he's already chosen to be apart of this (like Casey Neistat, Logan Paul, Ricegum, Jesse and Jeana), HOW THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHE'S IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS THEM?
Probably just looking for another opportunity to clickbait the hell out of the vlog with some of the biggest youtubers on the damn platform.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I haven't been on ytmd in a little while because my life has been crazy (heeey!) and I'm not super active on this thread but I logged in SPECIFICALLY to say they're being huge fucking idiots about this hurricane. First of all they did not get NEARLY enough supplies, most of that stuff would be gone in like 3 days and best case scenario they'll be facing power outages, lack of running water, etc.

But the thing that really bothered me was how they said 'oh central Florida NEVER gets anything more than heavy rain and a couple of trees knocked over'. and how this is 'totally different' from Harvey. Have they watched the news?! This is not a regular hurricane - it's THE hurricane. Irma is one of the worst in recorded history and there are islands where 90% of buildings have suffered major damage. It's going to pass over ALL OF FLORIDA all the way to NC, which by the way IS IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY because it's so bad. And then right afterwards Hurricane Jose, which as of now of category 3 and growing, may immediately follow which means there will be no time for aid/evacuation. I really wish people could understand that this is global warming in action and it's not going to be like anything we've seen before. This is not the time to have the fam over for a sleepover, it's time to leave the state. After seeing the absolute devastation it's wrought already I'd never let my kids stay.

That vlog was days old so hopefully they've stopped being such idiots and are packing up the car as we speak but let's face it, they're probably gonna let the hurricane come to them and just 'stay positive'.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

How absolutely disgusting of them. I really thought they would wait for the clickbait but using a catastrophic hurricane to get views after it destroyed a whole island is low for them. I really hope for Jackson and Landon's sake that nothing bad happens to their home, but they deserve it for being so disrespectful.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Bayareamom wrote:"Their excuse for staying in case y'all are wondering is: "Our house has been through plenty of hurricanes we will be fine." Has every hurricane been a category 5 dum dum dums? Someone mentioned they are going to use this hurricane as a way to gain views and subscribers and look at that vlog number 1 let's see how many more they make about the hurricane. It's like a big Fu*king joke to them. It's all prance around and talk about wine and coffee and be surprised that everyone else is actually worried for their lives."

Yes, I heard that in their latest vlog. BUT they are saying that Irma will most probably be downgraded to either a Category 3 or 4 by the time it hits land. If that's the case, then I think they'll be okay. I did see in an article in the Orlando press that if anyone is thinking of evacuating, they should do it now (because of obvious gridlock).

Something tells me they'll be okay. If not, well then, they'll have learned a huge lesson.
I hope for their sake they will be ok but if Jose hits right after they may not be. Florida has started to issue mass evacuations (my family there have left already). I lived in Miami and you get desensitized to it but now the government is saying 'this is going to be devastating' and I think more than 12 people are already dead. This is really not the hurricane to hope for the best. If they do leave and it's all for nothing then worst case scenario they get some dramatic 'EVACUATED!!!' vlog material. Best case it saves all of their lives.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Lillouiepooie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lillouiepooie »

@luci417 Thank You! That's exactly what I've been trying to say this whole time! This is not a joke and the fact that they are so nonchalant about the whole topic seems ridiculous. Wishing them the best of luck because of those babies, but I'm really hoping they learn a HUGE lesson from this.

PookPook0307
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PookPook0307 »

Bayareamom wrote:"Their excuse for staying in case y'all are wondering is: "Our house has been through plenty of hurricanes we will be fine." Has every hurricane been a category 5 dum dum dums? Someone mentioned they are going to use this hurricane as a way to gain views and subscribers and look at that vlog number 1 let's see how many more they make about the hurricane. It's like a big Fu*king joke to them. It's all prance around and talk about wine and coffee and be surprised that everyone else is actually worried for their lives."

A 3 or a 4 is still massively destructive and they should still be showing concern. My friends in FL are boarding up their houses and leaving, and they live in different areas of the state.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

keren is getting rid of her expensive baby stuff she had for the boys. Isnt she planning to have another kid? is she gunna ask for brand new ones when she has a kid? -_-
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Well, from the looks of things, it looks as though they're doing the right thing - at least for now. Orange County officials are NOT advising most folks in that county to evacuate:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... t-evacuate

I understand some of your concerns, but I really don't think these guys are being nonchalant inasmuch as they're just trying to stay positive. I've lived through hurricanes, severe earthquakes and tornadoes (lived in tornado valley in Ohio where I grew up). I've never, ever been non-chalant about any of these natural disasters, but paid close attention to what government officials were advising and acted accordingly. It pays to stay calm, cool and collected and above all - positive. Keren, I feel, is almost over-reactive w/her positive attitude. I can see why some would feel she's not taking this seriously.

I still think they'll be okay, and coming from me, that says something because I'm a typically half-glass empty kind of gal.

I pray for the families who are directly in the eye of this thing. I have a friend in the Miami area I am concerned for, but she tells me she'll be fine (she's also trying to stay positive). I think she may have been able to fly out of the area w/her boyfriend, who is a pilot. I also have close relatives who are in League City, TX and had to go through Harvey.

It just seems never-ending...
Lillouiepooie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bayareamom wrote:Well, from the looks of things, it looks as though they're doing the right thing - at least for now. Orange County officials are NOT advising most folks in that county to evacuate:

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arc ... t-evacuate

I understand some of your concerns, but I really don't think these guys are being nonchalant inasmuch as they're just trying to stay positive. I've lived through hurricanes, severe earthquakes and tornadoes (lived in tornado valley in Ohio where I grew up). I've never, ever been non-chalant about any of these natural disasters, but paid close attention to what government officials were advising and acted accordingly. It pays to stay calm, cool and collected and above all - positive. Keren, I feel, is almost over-reactive w/her positive attitude. I can see why some would feel she's not taking this seriously.

I still think they'll be okay, and coming from me, that says something because I'm a typically half-glass empty kind of gal.

I pray for the families who are directly in the eye of this thing. I have a friend in the Miami area I am concerned for, but she tells me she'll be fine (she's also trying to stay positive). I think she may have been able to fly out of the area w/her boyfriend, who is a pilot. I also have close relatives who are in League City, TX and had to go through Harvey.

It just seems never-ending...
I'm really not trying to be rude when I say this, but have you watched the news? The mayor is telling everyone to evacuate and that this is a very dangerous storm nothing like they've experienced before. Aside from that, they are showing that it is going to go straight through all of Florida all the way up to NC as someone mentioned above and then they could possibly get hit but Jose as well. I get you may have gone through similar things, but I really don't think the whole positive attitude is going to help them at this moment in time especially because they have two babies.

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

..."My friends in FL are boarding up their houses and leaving, and they live in different areas of the state."

Yes, but evacuations and mandatory evacuations, are occurring in areas where they will be hit the hardest. Those of whom live in Central Florida are not considered to be directly within the path of this hurricane and although they'll be hit, it's not expected to be as brutal for them as for those of whom live on either the coast, or on and surrounding the southern tip.

I realize many of you (including me) have issues with Keren and her attitude seems a bit 'off,' for someone about to experience a really bad storm, but after reading some of the Orlando websites and seeing what the government officials are saying, it does appear that Khoa and Keren are doing exactly what these officials are advising.

Shelters within the Orange County area, where Khoa and Keren live, aren't even opening up those shelters, until at some point on Saturday. Officials are definitely advising that for folks who live in the Central area of the state, if they are in their own home, as KK is, and not in either a mobile home area and/or are not elderly or suffering w/severe health issues, should stay put.

I think it was a great idea for Khoa to have had those trees taken down before the storm surge hits. They'll most likely experience some damage to their property, but hopefully, they'll get through it okay.
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

"I'm really not trying to be rude when I say this, but have you watched the news? The mayor is telling everyone to evacuate and that this is a very dangerous storm nothing like they've experienced before. Aside from that, they are showing that it is going to go straight through all of Florida all the way up to NC as someone mentioned above and then they could possibly get hit but Jose as well. I get you may have gone through similar things, but I really don't think the whole positive attitude is going to help them at this moment in time especially because they have two babies."

YES. I HAVE watched the news! What is your argument here? I JUST viewed the link w/the government official, stating to ORLANDO residents to STAY PUT. MIAMI and surrounding coastal areas ARE under mandatory evacuations, but the area in which KK resides is NOT. They're in ORLAND, which is CENTRAL Florida.

Again, they're doing precisely what they've been told to do.
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

"I'm really not trying to be rude when I say this, but have you watched the news? The mayor is telling everyone to evacuate and that this is a very dangerous storm nothing like they've experienced before. Aside from that, they are showing that it is going to go straight through all of Florida all the way up to NC as someone mentioned above and then they could possibly get hit but Jose as well. I get you may have gone through similar things, but I really don't think the whole positive attitude is going to help them at this moment in time especially because they have two babies."

Out of curiosity, are you from the states?

I understand your frustration, but your issues with KK are not justified IN THIS CASE. I know they bug the hell out of you (and me at times), but they're not doing anything wrong THIS TIME.

I think they'll be okay...
Lillouiepooie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Never said there was an argument. No need to get all hyped up. From the news I've watched on TV they have shown that it will hit all of Florida, so just because they haven't been tolled to evacuate doesn't mean they shouldn't. Look at what happened here in TX they where tolled not to evacuate and look at what people went through.

Lillouiepooie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bayareamom wrote:"I'm really not trying to be rude when I say this, but have you watched the news? The mayor is telling everyone to evacuate and that this is a very dangerous storm nothing like they've experienced before. Aside from that, they are showing that it is going to go straight through all of Florida all the way up to NC as someone mentioned above and then they could possibly get hit but Jose as well. I get you may have gone through similar things, but I really don't think the whole positive attitude is going to help them at this moment in time especially because they have two babies."

Out of curiosity, are you from the states?

I understand your frustration, but your issues with KK are not justified IN THIS CASE. I know they bug the hell out of you (and me at times), but they're not doing anything wrong THIS TIME.

I think they'll be okay...

Yup, I'm from Texas. We will just have to agree to disagree I guess.

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

"No need to get all hyped up. From the news I've watched on TV they have shown that it will hit all of Florida.

Sorry, I'm NOT the one getting all hyped up - YOU are. Get a grip, girl. You're clearly not at all reading any of the info. I've found and provided on this thread. They are NOT advising ALL Floridians to evacuate; mandatory evacuations and advisory evacuations are only for those of whom will be directly in the eye of this thing once it hits the mainland, and that is NOT where KK live.

You don't live in the states, do you.

Quit arguing, for pity's sake. READ the information provided, and let it GO.
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Well, then disagree w/the authorities who are providing the information to those who live in ORANGE COUNTY (KK), NOT w/me. I've only provided the information that is up on the Net.

If you don't like the advice these officials are giving, then why don't you call THEM up and argue w/them?

Jeez...
Lillouiepooie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bayareamom wrote:"No need to get all hyped up. From the news I've watched on TV they have shown that it will hit all of Florida.

Sorry, I'm NOT the one getting all hyped up - YOU are. Get a grip, girl. You're clearly not at all reading any of the info. I've found and provided on this thread. They are NOT advising ALL Floridians to evacuate; mandatory evacuations and advisory evacuations are only for those of whom will be directly in the eye of this thing once it hits the mainland, and that is NOT where KK live.

You don't live in the states, do you.

Quit arguing, for pity's sake. READ the information provided, and let it GO.
lol I'm the one the needs to get a grip? Yeah, okay. Anyways I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Have a nice day! (:

Notachild
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Notachild »

teddyandmommy wrote:How absolutely disgusting of them. I really thought they would wait for the clickbait but using a catastrophic hurricane to get views after it destroyed a whole island is low for them. I really hope for Jackson and Landon's sake that nothing bad happens to their home, but they deserve it for being so disrespectful.
What was disrespectful? The thumbnail says preparing for hurricane. They had trees removed so the wouldn't fall on the house. They inserted a pic of the hurricane that is not expected for a couple of days.

Return to “KKandBabyJ”