KKButtOnDisplay | Part 9

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KKButtOnDisplay | Part 9

Unread post by workinprogress »

Stellar wrote:A little off topic but has anyone ever used Blue Apron? Seeing all these Youtubers make videos about it makes me wanna get it for my husband just to try. Obviously all the ingredients would be cheaper if bought in a store but other than that is it worth it? Kerens code is still working and I believe it is 30 dollars for 3 recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mom used to get it when she had my sister and I both at home because she works from 6:30am-7 5 days a week, and had a tough time grocery shopping/cooking dinner. It's mostly just a convenience thing. If you have time to grocery shop and cook your own recipes/look up Pinterest, then it's probably not worth it. We don't use it anymore because it's hella expensive, and both my sister and I are out of the house (I'm only out for school though). It's definitely cool, though, so if you can afford it then go for it!

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unknowngirly wrote:Generators are also really expensive (not that it matters to keren) but also pretty much sold out at this point. At least in the Tampa area idk about Orlando

They're basically sold out in Orlando, too. My grandma lives in a big retirement community down in Orlando, and she had to ask my uncle to send her a generator from Amazon lol

marsala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by marsala »

In yesterday's vlog Keren was like "we're Floridians we're used to this no one's freaking out about this hurricane we're all like eh it's no big deal." No, Keren, you and people you know are like that because you're in CENTRAL Florida. People along the immediate coast have been evacuating for days, and are coming as far north as NY and NJ, where I live. There are Floridians who are taking a category 5, massive hurricane that's larger than the state itself seriously. This storm is predicted to cause devastation along the coast of Florida (east, maybe Gulf depending on the final track) and is so large it will affect the whole state. This is like nothing Keren and Khoa have seen before, considering FL hasn't seen one this bad in a long time. They should be pretty okay in Orlando, but I don't think she grasps the overall severity for people outside central FL. At least Khoa is correctly preparing for wind damage by pruning some trees. But a storm like Irma doesn't happen all the time in FL. I hope others aren't underestimating it. This isn't like Matthew from last year, it isn't even like Andrew.

And btw Landon is adorable. So much cuter than Jackson IMHO.
Stellar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Stellar »

My coworker is going to the Tampa Bay game next week and going to Disney. We were all surprised she's still going. (We are from Chicago) According to her it's just going to be some rain. Ok then. It isn't just Keren underestimating it. Why don't people understand this isn't the typical Florida hurricane?

Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Because they happen so often that people get complacent. As I mentioned before I'm from the Caribbean and we get scares every year. But until you've lived through a big one (like I did with hurricane Gilbert in 88) you definitely don't realise how bad it can be.

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

"Why don't people understand this isn't the typical Florida hurricane?"

One word - DENIAL Fear. People don't want to accept that they could lose everything (material things can always be replaced, but still, it is devastating to lose long treasured keepsakes, etc.). Keren seems to lack any sort of empathy for those of whom are in direct line w/this hurricane. She's lucky - she is in Central Florida, which most likely will not suffer nearly the devastation that their surrounding neighbors will experience.

My heart goes out to all those within the onslaught of this hurricane, and to all those in Mexico (huge 8.1 earthquake today), and in other states which are also experiencing major natural disasters.

Crazy world...
amandahhh43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by amandahhh43 »

I love Alyssa she's my hero she said what needed to be said . I feel like Karen does all this shit on purpose for attention she craves it . And she knows saying certain things will Piss people off lol .. they will learn their lesson this weekend ... and the "haters" will say told you so . I think people care about them and they are getting mad because they aren't listening and they are in denial which can be very fusterating when your trying to help someone

Idkhihello
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Idkhihello »

Stellar wrote:A little off topic but has anyone ever used Blue Apron? Seeing all these Youtubers make videos about it makes me wanna get it for my husband just to try. Obviously all the ingredients would be cheaper if bought in a store but other than that is it worth it? Kerens code is still working and I believe it is 30 dollars for 3 recipes.

Yes! It's really good. We always get the family size though because although it says it's good for 2 people, it's definitely not enough for us. Maybe we need to work on our portion control lolol but seriously try it!

Idkhihello
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Idkhihello »

Why do I have a feeling they're a little excited for this hurricane because they basically just hit the clickbait jackpot.

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 5235b3.jpg[/img]
Hopefully they've seen that it's now being confirmed that this is Irma's path. The red and blue lines denote the European vs American models of prediction, and they're both now agreeing that it will hit the Everglades and central Florida, rather than the eastern coast as predicted earlier. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 42756a.jpg[/img]

thealesc
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thealesc »

[quote="Idkhihello"]Why do I have a feeling they're a little excited for this hurricane because they basically just hit the clickbait jackpot.

They literally just posted a video titled evacuating Florida blah blah. I scammed through the video because I can't stand to hear kerens voice and, what a surprise!, they're not evacuating.
Isn't there a warning now that Irma will quite literally now hit Central FL first?
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry for the double post, but I'm watching today's video and I'm only 2 minutes in. Keren says she has everything for Jackson's bed, but she wants to wait "until after the hurricane". Didn't they say they'd do it after visiting OK? Are they just going to wait until he's 18 to get him a a bed, or what?????

Louzah
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Louzah »

It's interesting that wyatt is evacuating

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

For those that may want to keep track, this website is giving a pretty good description of Irma and what path it's likely to take. Miami and the coastal areas will, of course, experience a direct hit, and they are now stating that Central Florida will, as well:

"A Hurricane Warning is in effect for southern Florida, the Florida Keys, Lake Okeechobee, and Florida Bay, while Hurricane Watches have been issued northward into central Florida."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/8 ... cane-track

Hope everyone stays safe...
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

According to newer model updates, they're now saying that the hurricane has shifted west and that the eye will pass west of Orlando, with the eastern portion of Orlando experiencing heavy flooding, etc., with possible tornado activity. This report also states that the hurricane's force will yield significantly once it passes the mainland, with winds gearing down to 60 mph.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/ ... story.html
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Wth 12 cases of water! Seriously save some for other families! We got 2 cases of water for our family we live in Georgia. The stores are all out even here because of people like Keren. Ugh

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Wth 12 cases of water! Seriously save some for other families! We got 2 cases of water for our family we live in Georgia. The stores are all out even here because of people like Keren. Ugh

To be honest, I can't fault her for wanting that much water. She needs enough for formula/mixing foods for Landon, Jackson will need it for foods like oatmeal/to drink, and she & Khoa obviously need some too. Not to mention, if they're without running water, that means no baths for L or J until it comes back. They could use it to clean them up a little if necessary. In these situations you have to focus on your family's needs first. You can't inconvenience yourself in dangerous scenarios like this. I would've done the same thing if I had to, and could have someone hold me cases.

Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I would buy as many as I could. My priority is my kids.

Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Pineapples wrote:I would buy as many as I could. My priority is my kids.

Same.
8elz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 8elz »

It was just broadcasted in Australia, happened to be walking through my lounge room and heard them talking about it. They said south Florida and beyond are being evacuated ("ordered out" in their words). The news crew interviewed people at a servo (gas station for Americans hehe) and those people appeared terrified for their safety and their houses etc They said they're relocating army jets from the South East and if/when the winds reach 39 miles an hour, emergency responders will not be responding.

Wow, I'm nervous for them and I hope they have made an informed decision staying put... I feel for everyone effected by Harvey/Irma/José, how scary

Return to “KKandBabyJ”