C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by Playsinrain »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:God, that list was ridiculous. I know that she's a spoiled little girl who gets everything done her way, but that's some next level shit. They need to work on correcting that immediately. I'm sorry but the fact that she "makes them do it all over again" oh hell no. I don't have kids but if I was given that sort of attitude from a toddler I'd shut that shit down.

Like others have said, if it's not anxiety related yet then it likely will be as it becomes more ingrained. That kind of stuff will only get worse over time
Maybe I heard it wrong, but I didn't ever hear Katie say they had to start completely over if they missed something. She said MG would call her out on things she forgot, and make her do them but I didn't hear her say that they had to start totally over. The over the top list is crazy though and totally something they need to work on. Quick.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Playsinrain wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:God, that list was ridiculous. I know that she's a spoiled little girl who gets everything done her way, but that's some next level shit. They need to work on correcting that immediately. I'm sorry but the fact that she "makes them do it all over again" oh hell no. I don't have kids but if I was given that sort of attitude from a toddler I'd shut that shit down.

Like others have said, if it's not anxiety related yet then it likely will be as it becomes more ingrained. That kind of stuff will only get worse over time
Maybe I heard it wrong, but I didn't ever hear Katie say they had to start completely over if they missed something. She said MG would call her out on things she forgot, and make her do them but I didn't hear her say that they had to start totally over. The over the top list is crazy though and totally something they need to work on. Quick.
Oh, that's how I interpreted it. Admittedly I was also making coffee at the time so my attention wasn't on them 100%, and I may have misunderstood.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Maybe I heard it wrong, but I didn't ever hear Katie say they had to start completely over if they missed something. She said MG would call her out on things she forgot, and make her do them but I didn't hear her say that they had to start totally over. The over the top list is crazy though and totally something they need to work on. Quick.
Oh, that's how I interpreted it. Admittedly I was also making coffee at the time so my attention wasn't on them 100%, and I may have misunderstood.
Cullen jokingly said something like, "Now hopefully she goes to sleep and doesn't come down and we have to start all over." Maybe there was some truth to it, but he was laughing and seemed like he was joking.

Katie did say if she forgot to do one thing, Gaines would come down crying about it. I took it as Katie would have to fix just that one thing and tuck her back in.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:

Cullen's exact words "then hope she doesn't get up and make you do the whole thing again" either way this is out of control. I'm mean to my oldest after his routine I just keep "yelling" at him until he goes back to bed. Lol I try not to give into his stalling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Cullen's exact words "then hope she doesn't get up and make you do the whole thing again" either way this is out of control. I'm mean to my oldest after his routine I just keep "yelling" at him until he goes back to bed. Lol I try not to give into his stalling.

It's the fact that she "makes them" do something over again if it's either forgotten or not done how she likes. If either of my daughters came down from bed asking me to redo something because it was forgotten, I would tell them to go back to bed and maybe tomorrow night we'll remember. There has been multiple instances where they allow Gaines to "get her way" over moments that could have been teaching times where she doesn't always have things go her way. Obsessions with routine like that can become very concerning, as patterns like that are huge indicators of other problems.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

freshbalsam wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Maybe I heard it wrong, but I didn't ever hear Katie say they had to start completely over if they missed something. She said MG would call her out on things she forgot, and make her do them but I didn't hear her say that they had to start totally over. The over the top list is crazy though and totally something they need to work on. Quick.

It's the fact that she "makes them" do something over again if it's either forgotten or not done how she likes. If either of my daughters came down from bed asking me to redo something because it was forgotten, I would tell them to go back to bed and maybe tomorrow night we'll remember. There has been multiple instances where they allow Gaines to "get her way" over moments that could have been teaching times where she doesn't always have things go her way. Obsessions with routine like that can become very concerning, as patterns like that are huge indicators of other problems.
It's the "making them" that I see as a red flag for anxiety. If a child is just stalling, then it's very easy to tell them to just go to bed. If it's anxiety however, it is so different. My oldest isn't spoiled, but I can identify with him "making us" do things . It isn't that we lack the ability to say no, but sometimes maintaining the routine is the difference between a good night (and possibly next day) and an anxiety attack. We were told that gifted it more advanced children are often more prone to anxiety disorders, and this is certainly the case for my son. MG is very bright and I wouldn't at all be surprised to find that this is the case for her as well. The only thing making me doubt it is that I would then expect Katie to be more aware of what is going on, and be trying to eliminate some of the routine actions, not encourage more of them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:
Cullen jokingly said something like, "Now hopefully she goes to sleep and doesn't come down and we have to start all over." Maybe there was some truth to it, but he was laughing and seemed like he was joking.

Katie did say if she forgot to do one thing, Gaines would come down crying about it. I took it as Katie would have to fix just that one thing and tuck her back in.
Just coming down crying over something in the nighttime routine forgotten or not done "right" is concerning.
As has been said, it does seem like Katie has her "mom goggles" (I like that term!) on. She did great with stimulating Gaines' speech, but she should know better than to encourage this kind of manipulation. That doctorate has to be good for something!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder what the routine is when she wakes in the middle of the night... they are crazy if they let her get away with all that then.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:I wonder what the routine is when she wakes in the middle of the night... they are crazy if they let her get away with all that then.
Oooh, I wonder. That would be awful in the middle of the night.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:MG's rigidness about her routine could be stalling, but it could also be the start of anxiety issues. I'm surprised Katie is letting it go that far to be honest. I have a child with anxiety who would tend to work himself up about routines and things, and it's a fine line to walk between being understanding of their need for routine, but not enabling/encouraging an unhealthy dependence on it.
Yeah it does seem like it could be anxiety related as well, and i was going to say maybe she was being so picky about it bc she wasn't feeling well but Katie made it out like it was a nightly thing. The fact that she has everything memorized, down to Katie or Cullen HAVING to go potty while she brushes her teeth seems a little... concerning? Maybe concern is too strong of a word, but this very well could be the starting signs of some anxiety issue. If i were them i would start cutting this down slowly, starting with the small things first (like the bathroom stuff "oh sorry, mommy doesn't have to pee tonight, lets get those teeth brushed") so that they can streamline this thing down. Even if she pitches a fit i would continue and not allow her to make me start over. It sucks when it comes to things like this bc even though you know that it works (she is going to bed and falling asleep) it has become out of hand. Might be a tough couple weeks, but i feel like they could make it easier. It also seems like she is making small things into HUGE steps. Like scooting the pillow over and straightening the covers. Which also seems like a stalling technique too and a reason to get them to come back in her room.
Yes. So much yes to all of this. I was thinking anxiety and possibly OCD (because, story of my life and I can't help but think it/notice behaviors in others) but didn't want to be the one to bring it up! Image

But I mean... Katie literally is a Child Psychologist with the PhD to prove it. I would hope that she, of all people, would be able to recognize such a thing and deal with it properly without encouraging or exacerbating it. I just hope she doesn't have her mom goggles on and isn't seeing it because it's her own daughter.
Mom goggles is a great way to put it, Bc the more I think about it the more I wonder why she's not seeing these signs... I hope she does soon and uses that degree. She knows how to fix this better than any of us do. Lol at least clinically...

HelloSweetie, you brought up a good point, MG reminds me a LOT of my daughter. You mentioned you son being gifted and having anxiety, my daughter is the same. She's gifted as well (we have no idea where it comes from lol) and has anxiety issues and they do go hand in hand. Again, Katie should know this and be able to pick up on it, and give her ways to cope.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I wonder what the routine is when she wakes in the middle of the night... they are crazy if they let her get away with all that then.
Oooh, I wonder. That would be awful in the middle of the night.

Surely they don't. I mean they seem to value sleep a little more than to keep up with that all night long. I bet they do have a modified version of it. Which is not technically a bad thing, if it's short and to the point. If we are having to fluff pillows and tell every stuffed animal goodnight again then yeah... not good.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

G&B look like they are getting better quickly. They are outside and playing according to the Instagram stories.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

askeptichere wrote: I think it's pretty concerning that he had no idea that she wanted him to brush her teeth or that he needs to help her brush. Like he has NO idea what her bedtime routine is or never brushes her teeth ever. My dentist says most kids need assistance brushing until they are 8, so obviously a 2 year old needs help. That's fine if Katie enjoys doing bedtime for both kids, but he's home with her all the time. He should know how to take care of his own daughter. Would Katie need to leave a detailed instruction list for him, too if she ever left the kids with him for a long weekend? I'm exaggerating, I know, but I still think it's ridiculous.
Oh I agree, especially considering that they both stay at home, it's pretty telling that Cullen hasn't put his kids to bed until recently. I just think Cullen isn't as hands-on as people give him credit for, even if he's at home with the kids every day. I think Katie is still doing the majority of the day-to-day nitty-gritty of child rearing, like getting up early with them and putting them to bed. The couples I know trade off each night for who puts the kids to bed, even when the mom is a stay-at-home mom and the dad works outside the home. I would consider it pretty odd if one parent did it 100% of the time, to the point where the other parent doesn't even know what's involved. It's clear that Katie is putting both kids to bed every night and she's asking for a break. It's pretty unusual for a man with two kids to not know that he needs to help his two-year-old brush her teeth.

If my child was demanding a 17 step night time routine to the extreme that they are describing, I would seriously be looking into OCD.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Another crying thumbnail today. I guess they have resorted to a crying or sick thumbnail every single day now.

abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Another crying thumbnail today. I guess they have resorted to a crying or sick thumbnail every single day now.

It's really awful isn't it :( I also saw in my recommended a vlog from this time last year that was of Gaines crying and the title was "She's infected" or something along those lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I wonder how "hilarious" Brooks is going to think that is when he's older. Just a quick look through, and so many thumbnails are of one of the kids crying. And so many "sick kid!" titles... Yes, kids get sick, all the time. And they're vlogging their lives. But profiting off the sickness? Not ok.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Maybe Katie just loves the nighttime routine for herself. I know I did.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Okay... not trying to "start rumors" or whatever pantie ruffling happened the last time this was discussed haha... but, I'd like some of whatever Cullen was smoking at the end of today's vlog.

I don't actually really think they casually smoke (if they did, I really wouldn't care anyway). Like, I didn't think Cullen was high that time he filmed a clip with red eyes a while back. But if there were ever a time to think he had smoked, it would be the end of today's vlog. Lmao

I'm not saying this in a judgey way either, just to be clear. If he wants to smoke after the kids are in bed, then all the more power to him. I actually think the clip was hilarious because of how funny he thought something that really wasn't funny was. Haha. Personal: I can count on one hand the number of times I've smoked in my life (I have anxiety and get way too paranoid, waaay too easily lol). But the way Cullen was acting reminded me of myself when I'm high and having a good time lmao. It made me giggle.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

They're at the game. Brooks' rash still looks pretty bad.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Of course they are. The kids were getting dragged to the game no matter how sick they were, guaranteed.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”