E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

menehune
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by menehune »

canmom2 wrote: Long lineup or not the kids (Jackson) had a great time at "care alot" lol. Calvin is lucky he is going home with his family. Pretty sure since they were invited the care bears paid for it and the hotel gave the kids tons of prizes.
I guess that's nice they got a free trip for a couple of days? Still, I bet Jackson and Calvin would like some genuine family time for once. There's a picture on Ellie or Jared's IG of them all with a Care Bear, and Jackson does not look happy at all. I can see issues developing with the kids because of the unpredictable life they lead. Both boys show a lot of frustration for two kids that have their parents home all the time. Ellie and Jared may not have regular jobs to go to, but Jackson has school, and probably longs for a set routine that he can count on.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

menehune wrote:
canmom2 wrote: Long lineup or not the kids (Jackson) had a great time at "care alot" lol. Calvin is lucky he is going home with his family. Pretty sure since they were invited the care bears paid for it and the hotel gave the kids tons of prizes.
I guess that's nice they got a free trip for a couple of days? Still, I bet Jackson and Calvin would like some genuine family time for once. There's a picture on Ellie or Jared's IG of them all with a Care Bear, and Jackson does not look happy at all. I can see issues developing with the kids because of the unpredictable life they lead. Both boys show a lot of frustration for two kids that have their parents home all the time. Ellie and Jared may not have regular jobs to go to, but Jackson has school, and probably longs for a set routine that he can count on.
I agree. It isn't just a quick trip to the kids, but a total routine change. It's not like a free trip to somewhere they hadn't been before. Hopefully things slow down for them now that school has started, or I can see Jackson getting tired and overwhelmed.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I just watched the clip of Calvin going in the elevator by himself. Omg I would be horrified. They just laughed. He could have gotten off on any random floor and lost or someone could have taken him and all they could do was laugh and film it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just watched the clip of Calvin going in the elevator by himself. Omg I would be horrified. They just laughed. He could have gotten off on any random floor and lost or someone could have taken him and all they could do was laugh and film it.

I know they do get a lot of criticism, but I feel like instances like this aren't taken as seriously as they would be because E&J look and sound so wholesome and have a higher end lifestyle. If we were just tuning into these vlogs and it was two (lower income) teenage parents behaving the same way, they would definitely be getting more heat in the comments than just a passing "oh, you better keep a closer eye on Calvin!"
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just watched the clip of Calvin going in the elevator by himself. Omg I would be horrified. They just laughed. He could have gotten off on any random floor and lost or someone could have taken him and all they could do was laugh and film it.

Exactly thats why we should be more concerned about this as to how many views or people in a lineup. Like I said before there is enough including this to get on them about. Never mind the stuff that doesn't matter. There is more comments on here about ellie hair or how skinny she is or who showed up at lineup. There can be enough conversation about the imporant stuff. Calvin bolting, falling in the lake, falling and hitting back of his head. In all instances who is filming? ELLIE
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

canmom2 wrote:

Exactly thats why we should be more concerned about this as to how many views or people in a lineup. Like I said before there is enough including this to get on them about. Never mind the stuff that doesn't matter. There is more comments on here about ellie hair or how skinny she is or who showed up at lineup. There can be enough conversation about the imporant stuff. Calvin bolting, falling in the lake, falling and hitting back of his head. In all instances who is filming? ELLIE
Actually, If you go a few posts back there was a conversation about how these things tend to happen when Ellie is filming and how she doesn't keep a close enough eye on him. People just excused him getting out because they can't believe these things are happening due to gross negligence. They just forgot to close the door, they thought he was in bed, Jared was probably downstairs, she was scared and had to film instead of give a lesson in the moment, etc etc.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Dingoberry wrote:
canmom2 wrote: I dont think they are hiding. I think they were shocked and jared said they were surprised with reaction. People got all over them for telling right away and that they should of waited for the 12 week mark. Now people are getting all over them for hiding it. These guys cant win for losing. Yes they have their faults but getting all over them because they might be pregnant but not at 12 weeks yet and took he** last time for telling too early. What are they suppose to do.
Nobody cared that they announced early, people cared that they didn't even wait for a strong positive before bragging and calling their "friends" struggling with infertility. Those are two totally different things. A little humility goes a looong way.
^ Exactly. And I wasn't, nor do I think anyone was getting on them for hiding it if they are... I was just saying that they won't be able to hide it for very long, so expect an announcement soon if she is. Nbd
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Okay. What the fuck was that elevator scene? Ellie was literally standing RIGHT there. How fucking hard is it to reach your arm out and stop the door??? You see Calvin in the elevator and then there's a cut and the doors are closed. Those morons LET that happen for vlog footage. It's so blatantly obvious and disgusting.

I think what makes it even worse was that poor freaking Jackson was really upset about it while his parents were just laughing.

This made me irrationally angry... but like seriously, what the hell?
jillvstheworld
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jillvstheworld »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Okay. What the fuck was that elevator scene? Ellie was literally standing RIGHT there. How fucking hard is it to reach your arm out and stop the door??? You see Calvin in the elevator and then there's a cut and the doors are closed. Those morons LET that happen for vlog footage. It's so blatantly obvious and disgusting.

I think what makes it even worse was that poor freaking Jackson was really upset about it while his parents were just laughing.

This made me irrationally angry... but like seriously, what the hell?
They're so desperate for views now that they're willing to put their ~golden child~ in a potentially dangerous (and totally avoidable) situation. I'm surprised the vlog title wasn't something along the lines of "TODDLER GETS LOST IN ELEVATOR! :-o :-o "
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

canmom2 wrote:I would of went to see mario Lopez. They have to get tough with Calvin . He gets in too many dangerous situation. Running up to hug a stranger in the street at CVX and she thought it was cute. He was with Grandpa i think grandpa G. Running out of the house and now this. I know someoe posted the other day she didnt see autism. He does not look them in the eye is always looking to the side , screeches(we dont see it anymore). He hits his parents in the face and head, he can't really talk, he is always by himself when other kids around besides Jackson and now he is bolting. Sure signs.
I am the one who, as a professional who works with preschoolers with autism daily, stated that I don't see autism. I still don't see autism. I couldn't say at this point that he doesn't have any sensory issues/spectrum issues (you can actually find those in most children if you look closely enough). Calvin just turned two a couple months ago, you'd be hard pressed to find a professional that would even consider an autism/spectrum diagnosis at this point, or speech. He gets into dangerous situations because he's two and he's adventurous and has no real understanding of danger and isn't being watched closely enough. All of the other things you noted are typical of many toddlers and go away over time. He certainly played with/followed along with the other children in the play area. When Ellie asked him to say "I did it!", he said it clearly, meaning he can talk just fine. Definitely no "sure sign" at this point.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

BaffledByItAll wrote:
I am the one who, as a professional who works with preschoolers with autism daily, stated that I don't see autism. I still don't see autism. I couldn't say at this point that he doesn't have any sensory issues/spectrum issues (you can actually find those in most children if you look closely enough). Calvin just turned two a couple months ago, you'd be hard pressed to find a professional that would even consider an autism/spectrum diagnosis at this point, or speech. He gets into dangerous situations because he's two and he's adventurous and has no real understanding of danger and isn't being watched closely enough. All of the other things you noted are typical of many toddlers and go away over time. He certainly played with/followed along with the other children in the play area. When Ellie asked him to say "I did it!", he said it clearly, meaning he can talk just fine. Definitely no "sure sign" at this point.
Most professionals also wouldn't be so quick to rule it out. There are definitely some signs there, and given that ASD is a spectrum, it would require some heavy evaluations to confirm or deny the presence of any intellectual impairments/disorder. I provide learning assistance for K-3 ASD students and if you aren't seeing signs, then you aren't looking. We can't just assume he's just never talking when the camera is on. When he is asked a question he often doesn't respond with either words, or body language. This could be nothing, but it also could be something. He didn't just turn two, and compared to his cousin Linc who did, there are definitely some concerning issues. But I do agree that it's incredibly unlikely that E&J have received an autism diagnosis at this point.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

IceCreamCone wrote:
BaffledByItAll wrote:
Most professionals also wouldn't be so quick to rule it out. There are definitely some signs there, and given that ASD is a spectrum, it would require some heavy evaluations to confirm or deny the presence of any intellectual impairments/disorder. I provide learning assistance for K-3 ASD students and if you aren't seeing signs, then you aren't looking. We can't just assume he's just never talking when the camera is on. When he is asked a question he often doesn't respond with either words, or body language. This could be nothing, but it also could be something. He didn't just turn two, and compared to his cousin Linc who did, there are definitely some concerning issues. But I do agree that it's incredibly unlikely that E&J have received an autism diagnosis at this point.
To be clear, I didn't rule it out. I said I couldn't say at this point that he doesn't have any sensory/spectrum issues, I just don't personally see it. I would have to actually observe him off camera and in different settings. He acts like half the perfectly typical three-year-olds I have in my class and they're a year older than he is. I also said that if a person really looks deep enough, they can see signs in just about every child, and there are signs there because every human has some sort of sensory something going on. Sure there are oddities about him, but they are oddities that could easily just show on camera, or just be age, or just be personality.. OR, they may turn out to be something else. They are not "sure signs". I can look and see things that may or may not be indicative sensory or spectrum disorders, I just don't see actual autism there. To be clear, even though they've changed the diagnosis to ASD and placed many different disorders on the spectrum, those disorders are not autism. When I get a child in my class with ADD or Sensory Processing Disorder they aren't identified as ASD or autistic.

It just frustrates me as a professional to see so many people so quick to judge small children on these vlogs and diagnose them. According to things I've read, Ollie was sure to be autistic/behavior disorder, Levi from OKBaby was autistic, Ruby's daughter Eve is autistic, KKandBabyJ's kid, Noah from Samika... every single one of them has been at one point or another diagnosed with something by someone. Every child is different. It's almost like people want these kids to have difficulties to punish their parents (not saying you do, just saying in general). It's terribly sad.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

IceCreamCone wrote:
BaffledByItAll wrote:
I can almost guarantee they haven't received a diagnosis because they have not looked for one.
Their friends don't seem to film Calvin, but they do film Jackson. I find that interesting. I just don't find Calvin a likeable child. I am glad I will never have him in my preschool class!

BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Ducklings4 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:
I can almost guarantee they haven't received a diagnosis because they have not looked for one.
Their friends don't seem to film Calvin, but they do film Jackson. I find that interesting. I just don't find Calvin a likeable child. I am glad I will never have him in my preschool class!

I'd definitely like to have your preschool class if Calvin seems like he'd be the worst thing that could happen, lol! (Not knocking you there, just saying) I work in one of the worst neighborhoods in my city, have children in my class who've witnessed shootings, violence in their homes, have parents incarcerated. Some of them show some incredible violence and anger, but I still love them. Calvin with his little to no personality seems like he'd be a walk in the park.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

Ducklings4 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:
BaffledByItAll wrote:

I have noticed in CK and DB vlogs, and even Ellie's siblings, barely film Calvin. I wonder if it's a rule E&J set, or they just don't film him because he's super awkward. Every time I've seen another vlogger ask Cal a question, he looks confused and Jared answers the question lol.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

BaffledByItAll wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:

I'd definitely like to have your preschool class if Calvin seems like he'd be the worst thing that could happen, lol! (Not knocking you there, just saying) I work in one of the worst neighborhoods in my city, have children in my class who've witnessed shootings, violence in their homes, have parents incarcerated. Some of them show some incredible violence and anger, but I still love them. Calvin with his little to no personality seems like he'd be a walk in the park.
I paid my dues I am to old to give those students the energy required and they deserve. Now I teach at a high end school. They still require energy, but you know you are not the only constant in their lives. Unfortunately you deal with mothers like Ellie. That would be more of the reason I am glad I will never have him in my class. Bless you for your passion. Those kids deserve a teacher who is willing and able to be there for them

Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

The more i watch the elevator vlog the more i see it as set up. Ellie had time to get in before the door. The people on the elevator would of stopped the door. If Jacks didnt have time to get on too Jared was right there. Who the hell wouldn't be panicking if that really happened. Poor little Jackson was so upset. Why are you guys trying to ruin his day when he had so much fun. Ellie jared and Jackson all got on the elevator together and only Jared got off and ellie and jacks was waiting on the pool floor.
WTH that was a setup.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Oh my God. This was possibly the WORST vlog yet. I don't even know what to say. All the care bear crap was bad enough, but then the kids being exploited in big crowds of people and then Calvin running into the elevator while his parents laughed? It's too bad Jackson isn't the designated caregiver in this family; I feel like he'd make better decisions than this. And if they say something like "oh we were actually really worried, or no it didn't actually happen the way it looked on the vlog", BULLSHIT. They had every opportunity to edit the elevator scene the way they wanted (and/or to leave it out completely) and this was the final result.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And the idea of these guys being chosen for "Share Your Care". Were DB also doing that? They don't do jack for anyone else unless there's something in it for them. Even the IVF grant was for views.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”