E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

callie73
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by callie73 »

Why do you say calvin is not likable? I like him, he's my favorite at the moment.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

callie73 wrote:Why do you say calvin is not likable? I like him, he's my favorite at the moment.
I don't even know how to give an in-depth answer to this question, lol. The kid is just not endearing or likable. He does not benefit from comparison to other YT kids, or even his own cousins/brother. It's been suggested here that maybe we are responding to something that's just "off" about him, which makes enough sense to me. I don't know what, if anything, is medically or psychologically wrong with him and sort of doubt we ever will, but humans are intuitive animals, if not always kind ones. I don't view this as a shortcoming or anything of Calvin's - not everybody gets to be the homecoming king. But it's really messed up for E&J to even subject him to this type of ongoing analysis just so they don't have to work at traditional jobs to support their lifestyle. I'm curious how long you have been watching E&J?
thanksalatte
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thanksalatte »

They showed other vloggers (Rachelle and Alex, plus Alex's girls) but didn't even mention them by name, though they included them in the video. Obviously it doesn't surprise me because of how much they snub their siblings, but it still kinda annoyed me. They're both part of the infertility community on YT, one that E+J were/are in.
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

thanksalatte wrote:They showed other vloggers (Rachelle and Alex, plus Alex's girls) but didn't even mention them by name, though they included them in the video. Obviously it doesn't surprise me because of how much they snub their siblings, but it still kinda annoyed me. They're both part of the infertility community on YT, one that E+J were/are in.
I was sooooo disappointed when I saw that Rachelle was fangirling over E&J I really like her a lot (not sure about her husband Justin though. He rubs be the wrong way IMO). I was bummed to see her think so highly of them. Come on Rach, see the light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

BaffledByItAll wrote:
snkjdgs wrote:I do not watch E&J regularly. But when I do I am always waiting to hear Calvin talk or say a few words. I have not heard it yet and he is getting near 2.5 years old. Have I just missed it or watching the wrong vlogs? Can he talk?
He said "I did it" quite clearly in yesterday's vlog when Ellie prompted him. Honestly I think he can talk just fine, I think he just doesn't want to and probably doesn't have much need to (people know what he wants without him having to communicate with words and just give it to him without making him ask). It's not that abnormal, especially in a second child.
Actually, if you watch the beginning of the vlog, @12 seconds in when Ellie tells Cal to say ''I did it'' you can hear a child sounding voice saying the words but watch his mouth, it doesn't move one bit. Did they seriously dub over their child to make it sound like he can speak? If so I have no words <--- excuse the pun ;)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

There is no excuse for not mentioning or somehow including links for their friends channels. This is their job, how they grew their channel with connecting with other YouTube's and just the right thing to do. I have a feeling they are starting to get a bad reputation for it. There is no way the other you tubers are not noticing and are OK with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Samika was at Disneyland and met this guy who talked about pin collecting and linked his yt channel. He had 90 subscribers and said to help him reach 100 and now he has 130.

It's a small gesture that means a lot to that person. And they don't preach kindness they actually are kind.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Had to take a picture of my laptop screen because my Yt app isn't working. could just be the way she was standing/walking with the bag, but it's SO FUN so speculate lol [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201709 ... 5e5054.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

I'm thinking she could definitely be pregnant, because she doesn't look as deathly thin as before and she seems a lot happier in recent vlogs.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

How sad is it that she's only happy when pregnant? I mean, at some point you have to stop having kids, and then what happens?
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

HelloSweetie wrote:How sad is it that she's only happy when pregnant? I mean, at some point you have to stop having kids, and then what happens?
I imagine she'll pressure all of her kids into having kids and live vicariously (though also covetously) through them/their wives.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Ellie sneaking into Bonnie's house was hilarious. I like Ellie in a good, playful mood!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

SunnySide0 wrote:Ellie sneaking into Bonnie's house was hilarious. I like Ellie in a good, playful mood!
Honestly, I thought it was really funny too! Ellie has really made a 180 lately.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tintin15 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:How sad is it that she's only happy when pregnant? I mean, at some point you have to stop having kids, and then what happens?
I imagine she'll pressure all of her kids into having kids and live vicariously (though also covetously) through them/their wives.
Hmmm kinda reminds me of Ellie's mother. Runs in the family i guess.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Scar2016 wrote: Actually, if you watch the beginning of the vlog, @12 seconds in when Ellie tells Cal to say ''I did it'' you can hear a child sounding voice saying the words but watch his mouth, it doesn't move one bit. Did they seriously dub over their child to make it sound like he can speak? If so I have no words <--- excuse the pun ;)
Omg. You're right. In the little preview thing they definitely dubbed over that specific clip. Which is weird. But then when you go to that actual scene in the vlog, the camera is weirdly shaky and you still can't tell if Calvin actually said it or not. Weird...
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
tintin15 wrote:
Hmmm kinda reminds me of Ellie's mother. Runs in the family i guess.
True. Except that in Jennifer's case, I think it was less pressuring and more brainwashing. Image
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Pency wrote:
SunnySide0 wrote:Ellie sneaking into Bonnie's house was hilarious. I like Ellie in a good, playful mood!
Honestly, I thought it was really funny too! Ellie has really made a 180 lately.
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining... but I also had a hard time focusing on the scene and getting past the fact that Ellie was able to just open the front door and come in. It seemed that she was expecting it to be that way, too. I don't think this is the first time we've seen Bonnie's door left unlocked either. That's seriously so scary. Ellie could've been any random person.

I also have a hard time getting past vlogger norms lol. Like, any normal person would've just called their sister and asked to borrow the lipstick. Going out of your way to do things like this for footage - even if it is entertaining - just seems uncomfortable and weird imo.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Scar2016 wrote: Actually, if you watch the beginning of the vlog, @12 seconds in when Ellie tells Cal to say ''I did it'' you can hear a child sounding voice saying the words but watch his mouth, it doesn't move one bit. Did they seriously dub over their child to make it sound like he can speak? If so I have no words <--- excuse the pun ;)
Omg. You're right. In the little preview thing they definitely dubbed over that specific clip. Which is weird. But then when you go to that actual scene in the vlog, the camera is weirdly shaky and you still can't tell if Calvin actually said it or not. Weird...
I don't know where you're hearing dubbing, it sounds to me like he said it in both clips... but to each his own. You can't see his mouth well in that part of the video so it's impossible to tell. In Ellie's Instagram story today he was definitely talking to Jackson (he doesn't have great speech skills that I've seen, but I've seen him trying to talk/babbling... and I've heard him say some things perfectly clearly. It's still way too early in development to say there is or isn't an issue, some kids don't develop intelligible speech until closer to 3). I do note that he mumbles and really doesn't open his mouth much when he talks.
Last edited by BaffledByItAll on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Borrow lipstick???

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Pency wrote:
I'd be lying if I said it wasn't entertaining... but I also had a hard time focusing on the scene and getting past the fact that Ellie was able to just open the front door and come in. It seemed that she was expecting it to be that way, too. I don't think this is the first time we've seen Bonnie's door left unlocked either. That's seriously so scary. Ellie could've been any random person.

I also have a hard time getting past vlogger norms lol. Like, any normal person would've just called their sister and asked to borrow the lipstick. Going out of your way to do things like this for footage - even if it is entertaining - just seems uncomfortable and weird imo.
They all live in denial, so I can at least see why they wouldn't have their doors and windows locked all the time, but why advertise that and point it out to everyone? I think that's just strange and irresponsible. I would say that Ellie just doesn't care because it's not her, but they've pointed out how easy it is to break into their house many times before too.

I just think they are trying to appear more fun lately. I don't see it working long-term. Ellie is going to be her sullen and bitchy self again when she doesn't feel she's winning anymore. I agree she's pregnant and the secret (and pregnancy attention) are giving her a boost.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”