DailyExcuses - Part #94

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyExcuses - Part #94

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

Bryan crack a damn book once in a while for the love of God, learn a new adjective.
And how the hell is it a family dinner when you're not eating with your kids? You fed them a sandwich and then ate later. Poor kids don't know what a family dinner is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Bryan's solo career didn't pan out so now they're creating a family jam band.

Coming to a Midwest shopping mall near you.
jspo97
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jspo97 »

OMG. I just listened to the snippet of tribe and i cringed so bad.
The auto tune isn't even subtle. It sounds like he's talking into a fan.

ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

How are a husband, wife, and their two small children a tribe? "We stand together"... Is there another option? Lol you have to care for your children, and the children can't abandon you.... It just doesn't make sense for a young family. Isn't this going to be their new theme song?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

ja14 wrote:How are a husband, wife, and their two small children a tribe? "We stand together"... Is there another option? Lol you have to care for your children, and the children can't abandon you.... It just doesn't make sense for a young family. Isn't this going to be their new theme song?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
But it's not just them. It's Mimi, Papa, Cassie, Jimmy, the Johnsons, the Scotts, and their collective children.

Tribe is just a nicer word than cult.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

He's singing "we protect the kids," which is laughable all by itself, because posting videos which include every detail of a child's life starting at conception really isn't what comes to mind when I consider what it means to "protect."

I can't take this song seriously. It's an embarrassment. I'm shocked that nobody has brought him back down to Earth yet. If my husband tried to release that song, I'd buy a bottle of vodka and sit him down for a long talk.

I liked to write stories as a kid. I got a lot of praise from teachers and friends, but fairly early on, I caught my mom reading one of my chapters aloud to her friends. And LAUGHING. It was really hurtful and as a result, I have tried to tone down my criticism of music, books, art... Things people pour their whole hearts into. Obviously that doesn't include vlogs, at least not the ones we discuss here, which are financial rather than creative endeavors (IMO).

With all this in mind, I give the Bryans of the world a little more credit than, say, the Griffiths sisters. I didn't enjoy Finn's Lullaby or the This Is Home intro or... any of his music, actually. It wasn't to my taste and seemed like a massive waste of money. But he was trying, and it meant something to him, and he was making an effort to live out his dream.

This "Tribe" song is... A terrible idea. It's the kind of thing even your mom laughs at. I can't believe no one has tried to talk him out of releasing the song.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bryan isn't the only one that deserves credit for this mess of an idea, but Missy too. She not only encouraged this idea, but recorded it herself, and let Oliver do the same. She had many opportunities to shut it down and didn't.

I will say, at least one of them is trying to come up with ways to branch out and make money.
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:He's singing "we protect the kids," which is laughable all by itself, because posting videos which include every detail of a child's life starting at conception really isn't what comes to mind when I consider what it means to "protect."

I can't take this song seriously. It's an embarrassment. I'm shocked that nobody has brought him back down to Earth yet. If my husband tried to release that song, I'd buy a bottle of vodka and sit him down for a long talk.

I liked to write stories as a kid. I got a lot of praise from teachers and friends, but fairly early on, I caught my mom reading one of my chapters aloud to her friends. And LAUGHING. It was really hurtful and as a result, I have tried to tone down my criticism of music, books, art... Things people pour their whole hearts into. Obviously that doesn't include vlogs, at least not the ones we discuss here, which are financial rather than creative endeavors (IMO).

With all this in mind, I give the Bryans of the world a little more credit than, say, the Griffiths sisters. I didn't enjoy Finn's Lullaby or the This Is Home intro or... any of his music, actually. It wasn't to my taste and seemed like a massive waste of money. But he was trying, and it meant something to him, and he was making an effort to live out his dream.

This "Tribe" song is... A terrible idea. It's the kind of thing even your mom laughs at. I can't believe no one has tried to talk him out of releasing the song.
Ok I didn't like the song either, not my thing and I definitely felt second hand embarrassment but I mean come on, true friends support you and your passions no matter what. Even if they don't agree or like what you're passionate about they should care enough about you to support you as a person.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:He's singing "we protect the kids," which is laughable all by itself, because posting videos which include every detail of a child's life starting at conception really isn't what comes to mind when I consider what it means to "protect."

Ok I didn't like the song either, not my thing and I definitely felt second hand embarrassment but I mean come on, true friends support you and your passions no matter what. Even if they don't agree or like what you're passionate about they should care enough about you to support you as a person.

But real friends also give you a kick in the ass when you need it. Yes, they should support you and your dreams, but when your dreams are unattainable, they should sit you down and say "You are never going to sell out Madison Square Garden. You will never be Justin Bieber". But his "friends" all are paid, so they tell him how awesome he sounds. And I'm sorry-- he just doesn't. All the Throat Coat in the world isn't going to make him a great singer. Voice lessons would help, but he won't do that. He has thrown so much money away on this "dream". It's ridiculous.
Oh, and about the Throat Coat- you musicians will get a kick out of this: before her Playlist performance, Annie Leblanc was sucking down a big mug of it. While her friend who actually has a vocal coach, was warming up her voice. Who is telling them this?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Laziest tribe ever.. Hope they got Papa great insurance.. Once he stops doing everything.. The tribe will disappear like the Mayans

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

lmmomSD wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:

But real friends also give you a kick in the ass when you need it. Yes, they should support you and your dreams, but when your dreams are unattainable, they should sit you down and say "You are never going to sell out Madison Square Garden. You will never be Justin Bieber". But his "friends" all are paid, so they tell him how awesome he sounds. And I'm sorry-- he just doesn't. All the Throat Coat in the world isn't going to make him a great singer. Voice lessons would help, but he won't do that. He has thrown so much money away on this "dream". It's ridiculous.
Oh, and about the Throat Coat- you musicians will get a kick out of this: before her Playlist performance, Annie Leblanc was sucking down a big mug of it. While her friend who actually has a vocal coach, was warming up her voice. Who is telling them this?

Throat Coat is delicious and awesome for sick, sore throats. It is not a magic singing potion for subpar YouTube performers Image

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I think their transition to a kids/toy channel will be complete with this new song/intro. It sounds like a cartoon theme song. And Ollie isnt "singing" AT ALL. The child is screaming like he always does. "We are famawee!!! We are a twibe!!" Seriously, I can seem them as animated woodland creatures screeching at the camera, maybe throw in some inappropriate Native American references in there (Bears wearing headdresses and the sort) and this would be the theme song of their family cartoon. Might as well, everything they do is scripted to the teeth anyway.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:

*sarcasm font* lol don't you know? If you use throat coat you don't have to warm up, duh! Tea is warm, which warms your throat. Geeze!! *sarcasm font*
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

All the fans crying over the 14 second clip.. Kiss asses

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Wow, could Ollie be more of a mini Bryan in the thumbnail today?

So K&C get to be "Auntie and Uncle," but not Bev?

Impressed that Bryan was able to at least pretend he loved K&C's house...he probably really thinks it's a "shoebox."

Hate to say it, but Bryan doesn't need a costume to look like a gorilla.

I know this is beating a dead horse, but every time I hear Ollie end the vlog ("wog"), I am shocked all over again at how much he struggles. How many times has he done it now? And he has been listening to Bryan and Missy end it since BIRTH. Bryan's gotta be feeding it to him line by line each time - there are tons of cuts/pauses. If you didn't know what he was saying, I think it would still be hard to decipher even though his speech has improved a lot recently. "Dankts fer watchshin...days wog! Git-it ba...big fumbsup. Yeave a comment delow. Scribe if ya new! Seeyayanna."

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

Playsinrain wrote:I think their transition to a kids/toy channel will be complete with this new song/intro. It sounds like a cartoon theme song. And Ollie isnt "singing" AT ALL. The child is screaming like he always does. "We are famawee!!! We are a twibe!!" Seriously, I can seem them as animated woodland creatures screeching at the camera, maybe throw in some inappropriate Native American references in there (Bears wearing headdresses and the sort) and this would be the theme song of their family cartoon. Might as well, everything they do is scripted to the teeth anyway.
Exactly what I thought. The old intro was annoying but at least it was an actual song. The new one sounds like the theme song for a cheesy adventure show for 3 year olds. They definitely have their target demographic in mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

100midas wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I think their transition to a kids/toy channel will be complete with this new song/intro. It sounds like a cartoon theme song. And Ollie isnt "singing" AT ALL. The child is screaming like he always does. "We are famawee!!! We are a twibe!!" Seriously, I can seem them as animated woodland creatures screeching at the camera, maybe throw in some inappropriate Native American references in there (Bears wearing headdresses and the sort) and this would be the theme song of their family cartoon. Might as well, everything they do is scripted to the teeth anyway.
Exactly what I thought. The old intro was annoying but at least it was an actual song. The new one sounds like the theme song for a cheesy adventure show for 3 year olds. They definitely have their target demographic in mind.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
YES!! It totally sounds like the title sequence of a Nick Jr. show! If you close your eyes and listen you can almost picture it!! lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Wonder what "Tribetyler" is going to think about this? I mean, its not like they don't know him.
First person i thought of when i saw all this "tribe" crap. I swear B&M couldnt be original to save their lives. Who gives a crap that Tyler has been using the tribe thing for years and years now? (I don't think he runs a monopoly on a word or anything, but seriously Bryan could show some respect for other creators! Next thing we know Missy will be all "It's Simply Momlogical!" on her channel..)
Amyh01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Amyh01 »

Post containing sensitive information deleted.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Is it normal for a mother to just out at her two year old from the closet wearing a gorilla suit? I feel like that's just too scary for a child that age. Anything for the views, I guess...

Return to “Daily Bumps”