E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

canmom2
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: 4 Bites of Tender Steak. PART 30

Unread post by canmom2 »

Playsinrain wrote:Maybe i'm showing my ignorance (and my fertile privilege) but is it "normal" for someone to take THAT many tests?? I mean i only ever took one, then went to the dr and had blood work done. I guess with the low progesterone issue i can see taking tests to make sure i was still pregnant, but then again wouldn't you still be getting positive tests bc the hormones are still in your body? Even after losing a pregnancy you still can have positive tests for quite some time afterward right? Someone else said they could see her getting obsessed with testing now and i can already see it in that video, there had to be 20-30 tests there and she was only 8 weeks pregnant? idk, like i said i have been blessed and never had issues getting pregnant (other than an early miscarriage in my teens) so this is coming from someone who never had a reason to test that many times.. but it just seemed a little... much? I dont want to come off as insensitive.
I did for someone who tried for 6 years yes. I took them every day for weeks and then every week until i was 16 weeks. And had a blood test at 5 weeks.Even though I could hear the heartbeat. I also took took my temp for a month after. It is like you try so hard and cant believe it when you finally are.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
callie73 wrote:I don't know how many are actually familiar with mormonism, but mormon women's self worth is tied up into how many kids they can have, they believe that they are supposed to give a physical body to as many spirit children as possible. in mormon heaven "spirit children" wait for a body. that's the truth. The women are told their place is in the home to raise children. They are viewed almost as 2nd class with no other value outside the home. so having a miscarriage is a huge deal to mormons. there is no official mormon doctorine about miscarriages.

someone also mentioned ellie and her depression. Depression is very widespread within mormonism. They are pushed to be perfect. The level of perfection cannot be obtained, but they still spend their lives trying. The are given callings that they must do even if they are so busy as it is. sometimes they are given more callings on top of callings. They must live their lives as perfect so they can get their temple recommend. They want to be worthy to enter the temple, so they try to live their lives as appearing perfect.

I really feel for ellie and Jared and their families.

I am a mormon actually. I am not viewed as 2nd class, nor do I have children. A miscarriage is a huge deal to most, regardless of their religion, Ive had multiple myself and have never felt any worse about it because Im a mormon, if anything my knowledge of Christ and the after life is a HUGE comfort during my miscarriages. Mormon women have value outside the home, many run successful business, myself included.
Also, depression isnt any more common in mormonism then it is umong the rest of the world. We are not pushed to be perfect, infact we KNOW we arent perfect, and that we cant be perfect.
We are asked if we would like a calling, we are given the option to say no.
We do try to live worthy of the temple, but that does not equal living perfect.
Good for you for setting the record straight. Some people are so prejudiced.
LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

I have been pregnant 3x. 2 kids and 1 early m/c in between. With the early loss, I took tests that never got darker. I probably took 20 of them. With the pregnancy after that, I took SO.MANY.TESTS. I do not judge the amount she took at all because I was right there with her.

I keep thinking of this and what I can't wrap my head around is their reaction to this pregnancy vs the last one (if you can even call it that). When Ellie was saying "I'm pregnant!" in the beginning of today's vlog she seemed SO excited. The last one...was just bizarre to watch. Neither seemed particularly excited and I find it interesting that she took so many brands this time yet last time, it was a couple faint (as in, I surely didn't see a link) ClearBlue tests that are notorious for being inaccurate. I do think Ellie really wanted to be pregnant then but I just don't think she was.

I wish we saw more vlogs like today. While my heart broke with them today, it was nice to see that raw-ness and realness about them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
callie73 wrote:I don't know how many are actually familiar with mormonism, but mormon women's self worth is tied up into how many kids they can have, they believe that they are supposed to give a physical body to as many spirit children as possible. in mormon heaven "spirit children" wait for a body. that's the truth. The women are told their place is in the home to raise children. They are viewed almost as 2nd class with no other value outside the home. so having a miscarriage is a huge deal to mormons. there is no official mormon doctorine about miscarriages.

someone also mentioned ellie and her depression. Depression is very widespread within mormonism. They are pushed to be perfect. The level of perfection cannot be obtained, but they still spend their lives trying. The are given callings that they must do even if they are so busy as it is. sometimes they are given more callings on top of callings. They must live their lives as perfect so they can get their temple recommend. They want to be worthy to enter the temple, so they try to live their lives as appearing perfect.

I am a mormon actually. I am not viewed as 2nd class, nor do I have children. A miscarriage is a huge deal to most, regardless of their religion, Ive had multiple myself and have never felt any worse about it because Im a mormon, if anything my knowledge of Christ and the after life is a HUGE comfort during my miscarriages. Mormon women have value outside the home, many run successful business, myself included.
Also, depression isnt any more common in mormonism then it is umong the rest of the world. We are not pushed to be perfect, infact we KNOW we arent perfect, and that we cant be perfect.
I don't mean this in a disrespectful way-- my very best friend in high school was Mormon, and I spent a lot of time with her and her friends. I found what you say to be mostly true. BUT-- we always hear that Utah Mormons are more hard core. My best friend went to BYU for one year after growing up in the SF Bay Area, and couldn't stand it. She said it was like Barbie and Ken University. Colette Butler has talked about bringing souls down to earth. She even said her son Daxton and nephew Winston "remembered each other from heaven" when Winston was born. And I have also read about Utah Mormons having a high rate of depression and opiate addiction due to the pressure. Ellie's sister Ruby continued to try to have babies despite miscarriages and being broke. So, I am asking, could it be that Mormons who aren't in the Utah/Idaho bubble are less inclined to be this way, and that if they're in Utah, the pressure is higher to be the perfect mother?
I am very sorry this happened. I loathe these two, but don't wish that kind of pain on anyone. I do wish they hadn't told Jackson, or taken him to a viability scan. He's so smart and sweet. I hate that he had to witness that. I wish I thought Ellie would get some help. But I know she won't. "Just smile!"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
pitbullmommy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pitbullmommy »

Pency wrote:...also, more evidence of the last "miscarriage" probably not being real is the sheer amount of different kinds of tests she took this time. Last time it was just that ONE blue dye test that is notorious for being misread.
EXACTLY!! It was definitely just her starting her period last time whether she truly believed it was a miscarriage or not

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Oof. Today's vlog was a heartbreaking for real. Seeing the clips of happy pregnant Ellie were so sad. Knowing what was coming at the ultrasound appointment, I just kept thinking "no no no"!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I feel really bad for them, I wouldn't wish a miscarriage on anyone. But I wish Ellie would take some time to work on herself before falling pregnant again. Her extremely low weight would have to play some factor in difficulty falling pregnant or keeping a pregnancy, she needs work on her issues with food and make sure her body is healthy and nourished before falling pregnant, it's not enough to start eating after you're already pregnant. She needs to work on why she is only happy when she's pregnant, it's not normal for a grown woman to only be happy when she's the centre of the world. It's not normal to push your older children aside when you fall pregnant like they're nothing, she needs to learn how to balance it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Well, that was interesting. I watched them for the first time in weeks.

I do believe she was pregnant this time. I wonder if the doctor trusted the dates she gave based on her own schedule or blood test dates? Last time was a trainwreck.

I hope she educates, or is educated on how her body works for a successful pregnancy. I think she was lucky with Jackson and Cal. And if she knows she needs extra meds, then get it right away... there is no excuse to not getting it. She has the time, and money to get whatever she needs to assist in a healthy pregnancy.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way-- my very best friend in high school was Mormon, and I spent a lot of time with her and her friends. I found what you say to be mostly true. BUT-- we always hear that Utah Mormons are more hard core. My best friend went to BYU for one year after growing up in the SF Bay Area, and couldn't stand it. She said it was like Barbie and Ken University. Colette Butler has talked about bringing souls down to earth. She even said her son Daxton and nephew Winston "remembered each other from heaven" when Winston was born. And I have also read about Utah Mormons having a high rate of depression and opiate addiction due to the pressure. Ellie's sister Ruby continued to try to have babies despite miscarriages and being broke. So, I am asking, could it be that Mormons who aren't in the Utah/Idaho bubble are less inclined to be this way, and that if they're in Utah, the pressure is higher to be the perfect mother?
I am very sorry this happened. I loathe these two, but don't wish that kind of pain on anyone. I do wish they hadn't told Jackson, or taken him to a viability scan. He's so smart and sweet. I hate that he had to witness that. I wish I thought Ellie would get some help. But I know she won't. "Just smile!"

I don't live in Utah, but I live in the Canadian Utah. Seriously. Over 90% of our population is lds.
I am sure it varies regionally but if Utah Mormons do feel that then it really has nothing to do with the Mormon religion but the people.
Yes, we do believe we are spirits before we come down to earth, it's not impossible that we could know each other.
Ruby continuing to have children while having miscarriages has nothing to do with the religion but what Ruby felt called to do. I don't have children, I have had multiple losses. We aren't trying anymore.
There is no rule in Mormonism that you must have x amount of children. Or that you have to be happy all the time. We do believe in finding the blessings in every situation, but that doesn't mean we dont have crappy things going on. And what mother doesn't want to try her best to be the perfect mother? That has nothing to do with religion.
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

Ok I'm putting my 2 cents in only because I happen to be pregnant and on the same time line as Ellie.
I ovulated on July 30. I waited to test til August 15, which worked out on making it easy, it was 15DPO. I have still kept my mouth shut about it because I have had a miscarriage before. Because I had a miscarriage before my OB did blood work right away and an ultra sound at 4w5d. They saw a sac and the lining looked good but it was way too early. She also checked my progesterone to make sure the levels where ok.
Now weeks later I am 8w2d which I don't know why she said she was 8w4d yesterday?? She added days for sure.
I've had spotting issues and because I have a fear of having another miscarriage I have not told anybody. My kids have no idea, my family doesn't know, and my work doesn't know. Just me and my husband. This is why you have to be careful and should wait for 12weeks or later. Yes you can tell people for support but I truly believe on not putting that sadness on anyone else. But that's just me.

Anyway I believed you guys when everyone knew she was pregnant because she was obviously happier. But when I saw her in person at the care bear event.... I changed my mind. 1. Her boobs where small still 2. She was standing in 4 inch platforms for 2 hours straight and 3. When they got to the event Calvin was asleep and she was holding him from the time I saw her get out of an elevator all the way down halfway through the mall. That's at least 8 stores to walk. I, an 8 week pregnant person, could not have done that with out passing out. Yes I know every women is different and she doesn't have to be just like me but after seeing her that day, I just felt like she wasn't.

I feel sad for them because I've been there. But that's why I chose to be so careful now that so far everything has been ok. I'm still choosing til 12 weeks to say anything and I've already had 2 good ultrasounds. I hope they learn. And this also makes me question the first "miscarriage" because anybody who has gone through it, are so scared and paranoid when it happens again. But not happy as a clam Ellie! Why? Because she knew it wasn't really a MC last time

callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

canmom2 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Good for you for setting the record straight. Some people are so prejudiced.
It's not prejudiced. I was just stating how my former-ward treats people and how many of them believe, maybe the person is treated differently at their ward and is taught better.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

One thing I will say is I'm impressed Ellie was proactive and asked to be put on progesterone. I didn't expect her to be proactive about that stuff.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

This is so sad.

Also, if she was on progesterone supplements her body would be prevented from miscarrying naturally. Once she stopped the progesterone her body will release the pregnancy (hopefully).

The pregnancy stopped developing but they did not know that. They had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. They thought they were pregnant for an entire month. Is that any different to somebody who found out they were pregnant the same time, went for their first ultrasound and found an 8 week pregnancy that had appeared to lose its heartbeat a day prior? Nope. All the same. I've been there and it sucks.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alym0326 wrote:One thing I will say is I'm impressed Ellie was proactive and asked to be put on progesterone. I didn't expect her to be proactive about that stuff.

Except that's not proactive, it's naive. It won't prevent a miscarriage on most cases. Not all women need that. It will only prevent a miscarriage if you have issues with your Progesterone falling.

She doesn't do the things she should do for the conditions she does have, and insists on doing things that will help for conditions there is zero evidence she has.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

I don't live in Utah, but I live in the Canadian Utah. Seriously. Over 90% of our population is lds.
I am sure it varies regionally but if Utah Mormons do feel that then it really has nothing to do with the Mormon religion but the people.
Yes, we do believe we are spirits before we come down to earth, it's not impossible that we could know each other.
Ruby continuing to have children while having miscarriages has nothing to do with the religion but what Ruby felt called to do. I don't have children, I have had multiple losses. We aren't trying anymore.
There is no rule in Mormonism that you must have x amount of children. Or that you have to be happy all the time. We do believe in finding the blessings in every situation, but that doesn't mean we dont have crappy things going on. And what mother doesn't want to try her best to be the perfect mother? That has nothing to do with religion.
Thanks. I really hope that I didn't sound disrespectful. I know there's a lot of ignorance about your faith here and I didn't want to add to it. Thanks for responding so nicely.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PenelopeG wrote:Ok I'm putting my 2 cents in only because I happen to be pregnant and on the same time line as Ellie.
I ovulated on July 30. I waited to test til August 15, which worked out on making it easy, it was 15DPO. I have still kept my mouth shut about it because I have had a miscarriage before. Because I had a miscarriage before my OB did blood work right away and an ultra sound at 4w5d. They saw a sac and the lining looked good but it was way too early. She also checked my progesterone to make sure the levels where ok.
Now weeks later I am 8w2d which I don't know why she said she was 8w4d yesterday?? She added days for sure.
I've had spotting issues and because I have a fear of having another miscarriage I have not told anybody. My kids have no idea, my family doesn't know, and my work doesn't know. Just me and my husband. This is why you have to be careful and should wait for 12weeks or later. Yes you can tell people for support but I truly believe on not putting that sadness on anyone else. But that's just me.

Anyway I believed you guys when everyone knew she was pregnant because she was obviously happier. But when I saw her in person at the care bear event.... I changed my mind. 1. Her boobs where small still 2. She was standing in 4 inch platforms for 2 hours straight and 3. When they got to the event Calvin was asleep and she was holding him from the time I saw her get out of an elevator all the way down halfway through the mall. That's at least 8 stores to walk. I, an 8 week pregnant person, could not have done that with out passing out. Yes I know every women is different and she doesn't have to be just like me but after seeing her that day, I just felt like she wasn't.

I feel sad for them because I've been there. But that's why I chose to be so careful now that so far everything has been ok. I'm still choosing til 12 weeks to say anything and I've already had 2 good ultrasounds. I hope they learn. And this also makes me question the first "miscarriage" because anybody who has gone through it, are so scared and paranoid when it happens again. But not happy as a clam Ellie! Why? Because she knew it wasn't really a MC last time

I will think healthy baby thoughts for you! Hope everything goes smoothly!

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

PenelopeG wrote:Ok I'm putting my 2 cents in only because I happen to be pregnant and on the same time line as Ellie.

Congrats on your pregnancy but you cant really speak for all pregnant women. Everyone is different, and the way they handle pregnancies in heels or platforms or with multiple children is different. Just sayin.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Her 8 week 4 day answer was weird to me too because I ovulated 3 days before her and I'm 8w5 days today. Also congrats [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

lmmomSD wrote:

I will think healthy baby thoughts for you! Hope everything goes smoothly!

Im not sure if you understood the vlog timeline. They had filmed since Aug 11 and the ultrasound showed the baby didnt survive. They didnt tell us early they told us today she lost the baby. They were saving the prerecordings until they were ready to tell us.
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

Here is another thought I have had. Ellie and Jared have over 1 million subscribers yet their typical daily views is under 100k. I was thinking... no one knew about this pregnancy, so why announce it and then tell everyone about the miscarriage? Then it dawned on me. They have lost their core audience which is children and teens. They need a story that will reconnect them with the infertility community that started this channel for them. What better way then to announce your 2nd miscarriage in 4 months. I hate that they are manipulating viewers for a paycheck. It just all feels so dishonest. Then for Jared to post a sappy picture of Ellie and the boys at the drs office just adds to the feeling of being manipulated. I honestly need to stop watching, I hate getting sucked into the drama!!!

Return to “Ellie and Jared”