Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Lincoln growling "I'm naughty" back at Bonnie, in his car seat, cracked me up. That kid is full of personality. I always like to see them mention or acknowledge their Hoellein grandparents, who (fairly or otherwise) I view as being more normal/functional than Bonnie's side of the family. I even enjoyed the preserving and her speech on why they do it.
chatty
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by chatty »

Random question - does anyone know what the brand/name of Bonnie's hair curler is? Ellie used it in an E&J vlog where she stole Bonnie's lipstick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

chatty wrote:Random question - does anyone know what the brand/name of Bonnie's hair curler is? Ellie used it in an E&J vlog where she stole Bonnie's lipstick.

I think it was Beachwaver.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I haven't watched the before/after school routine videos yet, but it looks like the Hoellien's are taking a page out of Ruby's book. Ruby's summer routine video seemed to be the start of her amazing channel growth in the past year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Olivia defending her mama's oatmeal was just the sweetest. Sometimes I wish Bonnie would've had another girl, but I love the strong bond she and Olivia have being the only girl.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Defuego wrote:Olivia defending her mama's oatmeal was just the sweetest. Sometimes I wish Bonnie would've had another girl, but I love the strong bond she and Olivia have being the only girl.
The Griffith grandchildren aren't allowed to complain about the food no matter what it is and if the do then "no eating" and Bonnies is the toughest one out of the sisters. Remember when Julie didn't give Ruby "an expected" response about some fried eggs.
Olivia has no choice than to butter up to her mother as it's the way she's being raised so I really don't think that everything is cute and I'm not trying to take away how you perceived the vlog so forgive me. Just that we sometimes have to look beyond the cuteness to understand that some of these children's behavior is all about pleasing their mothers...
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Namm wrote:
Defuego wrote:Olivia defending her mama's oatmeal was just the sweetest. Sometimes I wish Bonnie would've had another girl, but I love the strong bond she and Olivia have being the only girl.
The Griffith grandchildren aren't allowed to complain about the food no matter what it is and if the do then "no eating" and Bonnies is the toughest one out of the sisters. Remember when Julie didn't give Ruby "an expected" response about some fried eggs.
Olivia has no choice than to butter up to her mother as it's the way she's being raised so I really don't think that everything is cute and I'm not trying to take away how you perceived the vlog so forgive me. Just that we sometimes have to look beyond the cuteness to understand that some of these children's behavior is all about pleasing their mothers...
Please. Most children aren't allowed to complain about what they are given to eat. Plus given what Bonnie said in the vlog, it sounded like they complained just fine.

It was a cute older sibling moment with Olivia. Stop trying to make it something more than it was.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Cody complains about the food pretty regularly, I thought. He seems to be her pickiest eater. Although yes, what Bonnie serves is the meal and alternatives aren't offered. I never considered that a negative thing.

I do agree all the kids in this extended family are more concerned than the average kid is with pleasing their mothers. Though IMO Ellie and Ruby's kids show more fear of upsetting Mom.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Cody complains about everything they give him. Boston isn't a stranger to complaining either lol.

Bonnie is trying to give the kids a healthy breakfast and the portions are very healthy. I have a child like Olivia that likes to follow the rules and be well mannered. She corrects her siblings all the time when they are impolite just like Olivia did.

This is a manners thing they have learned, not a Griffiths thing.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

IceCreamCone wrote:
Namm wrote:
Please. Most children aren't allowed to complain about what they are given to eat. Plus given what Bonnie said in the vlog, it sounded like they complained just fine.

It was a cute older sibling moment with Olivia. Stop trying to make it something more than it was.
Yeah, given that she said nobody liked it, I'd say they complained. Cody complains about her food pretty often actually. Olivia genuinely loves Bonnie, that's obvious to me. It's not forced affection. She defended the oatmeal because she loves her mom and is grateful for the food she's given. You don't always have to try to turn a sweet moment into something bad.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Yes children complain about food and other stuff but you have to understand that we are talking about the Griffith and if you had watched some of the things that they've cooked or given their children with all that money then you would've understand where I'm coming from. I'm not generally talking about children/parents complaints. I would've have a different opinion if we were talking about J house who give their children yummy healthy food.
Also parents who complain a lot are going to have whiny children as children learn from their parents behavior. Bonnie has a pleasant personality but she is also complainer and her children take after her.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Namm wrote:Yes children complain about food and other stuff but you have to understand that we are talking about the Griffith and if you had watched some of the things that they've cooked or given their children with all that money then you would've understand where I'm coming from. I'm not generally talking about children/parents complaints. I would've have a different opinion if we were talking about J house who give their children yummy healthy food.
Also parents who complain a lot are going to have whiny children as children learn from their parents behavior. Bonnie has a pleasant personality but she is also complainer and her children take after her.
But her children complain. Like you said, which I don't necessarily agree with, they learned it from her.

Kids may not be allowed to complain in Ruby's house, but this is Bonnie's house. One look at the portions the kids get (and at Bonnie herself) will tell you that not all the Griffith's are exactly the same. If she'd guven the kids Lucky Charms for breakfast I'm sure there would be less complaining from the kids, and a ton of crap about it here.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I know not everyone watches all of the Griffiths family sisters, so will probably post this in the others too.... but Julie is moving back to Utah and I am so happy for her. Sounds like she will be living really close to Ruby. I am happy for her kids too since they seem to love their cousins so much.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm kinda in the middle on this. Bonnie's _boys_ do complain, like all kids, yes. But Olivia is definitely a people pleaser, especially where her parents are concerned. When she got her tongue stuck on the pole last winter, her biggest concern wasn't that she'd hurt her tongue, but that she was going to be in trouble. I don't know if it's an older child thing, or a Griffiths thing, or just the way Olivia is wired. But she is definitely all about pleasing her parents, Bonnie especially.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

Namm wrote:
LMFAO. Bonnie definitely isn't the toughest one of the sisters because her kids complain all the time. They are corrected and told to at least try it when they do, and that's normal parenting. Plus she wasn't even the one correcting Cody, it was Olivia. The camera was there to capture their morning routine, but Bonnie wasn't even in the room and Olivia said it quietly. She wasn't saying it to please her mother, but as a bossy sister correcting her little brother. I saw myself in that moment and had a perfectly average childhood.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

lmmomSD wrote:I'm kinda in the middle on this. Bonnie's _boys_ do complain, like all kids, yes. But Olivia is definitely a people pleaser, especially where her parents are concerned. When she got her tongue stuck on the pole last winter, her biggest concern wasn't that she'd hurt her tongue, but that she was going to be in trouble. I don't know if it's an older child thing, or a Griffiths thing, or just the way Olivia is wired. But she is definitely all about pleasing her parents, Bonnie especially.

Some people are just people pleasers though, and anxious perfectionists especially. Olivia may want to please her mother, but we've also seen she wants to please her grandparents (both sides), teachers, etc. Boston on the other hand doesn't give a crap about pleasing his parents, and would much rather test them. Same with Lincoln.

I think people are reaching way too hard to try and make the argument that Bonnie controls her children. They seem to have no fears about speaking their opinions in front of their parents, and are given choices right down to what they choose to wear each day (just not the first day of school). Free will may not have been big in the Griffiths house (and really, this is all assumption), but the Hoellein kids appear to be some of the happiest YT kids I've seen.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh yeah-- I didn't mean to imply that Olivia is some kind of automaton. I just have noticed that she's a people pleaser. And like I said, that may just be the way she is wired. Bonnie's kids know they're loved and even if she's strict, it's certainly better than the way say, DB are raising their kids. And I couldn't see Bonnie taking the little ones to a viability scan of all things. Decision to vlog and put her kids out on the internet aside, in general, she and Joel are two of the better parents on YouTube.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I think what makes me see this as a healthy kind of complaining is the way Bonnie/Joel showed it in the vlog. They could have either edited it out altogether, giving the viewers the impression that their kids eat whatever is put in front of them damn it, or they could have shown the kids "complaining" and accompanied it with a long speech to the viewers about how they deal with disrespectful behaviour in their home. They did neither. They just showed it on the video and let us, in my opinion, draw the conclusion that their kids are normal and receive normal consequences for complaining. I'm happy they weren't offered Lucky Charms! I'm also happy they weren't banished to their rooms for hours because they didn't like the oatmeal! In all, a normal interaction, I'd say.
In other news, I'm not fond of this new 'let's post our vlogs 3-4 days late' business that seems to be the new plan.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I'm not a fan of the new schedule either and think it won't end up lasting long. It's going to be too confusing with the crossover with Ellie and Jared.

Ruby's viewers are kids and may not care enough to find it confusing, but I could see Bonnie's mom viewers not liking it as much.
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I'm not a fan of the new schedule either and think it won't end up lasting long. It's going to be too confusing with the crossover with Ellie and Jared.

Ruby's viewers are kids and may not care enough to find it confusing, but I could see Bonnie's mom viewers not liking it as much.
I already know that I won't like it. I love Sam and Jenn (from Samika), but they do this sometimes too and it is ridiculously confusing. Then there are the crossovers, like you mentioned, who will all be filming the same events and uploading them on different days. It's disorienting for the viewers.

I can't stand Ruby and hate that they are now trying to emulate what she does because of her success. I get why they're doing it, but I have my doubts that it will be as successful for Bonnie and Joel.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”