Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

natalka81 wrote:
Edited to add: If they really want some grace time, why don't they pre-record a few more things to have as backup? They could do a Q&A as filler some days or something if they don't have enough material/time. As long as they don't fill it all with 3AM CRAZY EPIC NEON FIDGET SPINNERS UNICORN POOP CHALLENGES I think they could get away it a little bit.
That's not a bad idea at all. Bonnie used to do this, didn't she? We would get like a makeup video or something and then like a vlog here and there. I liked that format and actually kind of miss it. I think Bonnie is the only vlogger that I actually prefer her sit down videos to a vlog most of the time. She could record 2-3 sit down videos for the week, and fill the other days with vlogs from the previous day or two.

But then again, that would require more effort and creativity which I feel like she was trying to avoid in the first place by delaying the vlogs... so I don't know what the chances of that actually happening are.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

My thought on the delay is the sisters want to sync up their representations of events. It's clearly a problem that E+J, Bonnie, and Ruby would all publish vlogs featuring the same events/references on drastically different dates separated by as much as a week. Since they can't make the lagger (Ruby) "catch up," the only way to sync up would be to match her delay. I'm sure nobody's terribly opposed to a few days' grace on their own end anyway, and in a bout of typical shortsightedness, they didn't anticipate viewers might care. They're making what seems like a life/work balance and family messaging decision without really consider the audience side of the viewer "relationship" or the exceptionally trend-oriented nature of YT and social media.

As they start to get really comfortable in their new incomes in the face of criticism, I kind of expect more decision-making on a big-F "Family" level as they decide what they are willing to sacrifice in terms of lifestyle, privacy invasion, etc on a long-term basis.

It also crossed my mind that perhaps one of the sisters had a privacy incident that spooked them.

ETA: I agree that I wouldn't be opposed to "padding" their video schedule with some occasional canned videos of the makeup, cooking, sit-down nature. That will work much better for Bonnie than, say, Ruby though.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

My first thought was that they want a delay so we can't compare the vlogs and look for clues about things as easily.

That would be giving us a lot of credit for actually being a thorn in their sides though
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:My first thought was that they want a delay so we can't compare the vlogs and look for clues about things as easily.

That would be giving us a lot of credit for actually being a thorn in their sides though Image
I had the exact same thought and almost brought it up on here yesterday. I know it sounds a little crazy, but it wouldn't be the first time a vlogger changed something they did based off of something they read on here (sometimes it's just so obvious). I would be really shocked if Bonnie did it though, she seems pretty set in her ways, regardless of criticism she receives.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Are more people prone to warts? Both Ellie and Bonnie have talked about having a lot of warts as kids and now Cody. Also, why is that treatment better than just burning it off?

And what is the shot they both received for? Ok but from the US but I can't think of a vaccine (minus flu shot) that a 6 and 8 year old would receive on the same schedule.

They used that vlog to catch up. Fairly certain the wart day was the same day Ellie snuck into Bonnie's house, meaning maybe the difficult decision wasn't the vlogging one....
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I was a little taken aback at todays thumbnail. I was like "why is there a breast on my youtube subscription box?!" Then I looked a little closer. lol
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I just want to throw my 2 cents in ... I think the difficult decision was about moving or not, and if they move to build or renovate.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Excuse all the typos in my previous post! I think you can get the idea of what I was asking.

I agree the discussion was likely related to a move or rental house purchase of some sort.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Just out of curiosity, why do so many people think they want to move? I mean, I get that their house isn't exactly the ideal set up for their family, but I've never gotten the feeling that they have such a problem with it that they want to move? They seem pretty content there, especially after the renovations.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do so many people think they want to move? I mean, I get that their house isn't exactly the ideal set up for their family, but I've never gotten the feeling that they have such a problem with it that they want to move? They seem pretty content there, especially after the renovations.
I think its because they know they could afford it now. When they were remodeling, they were kind of just getting their start on YouTube and probably didn't expect it to be as successful as it is (even by letting Joel leave work). I feel like they do a lot of things because of this, like their month long trip to Hawaii, going to Disney, on a cruise, etc. They just feel like they have the opportunity and go for it.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

An interesting idea would have been for them to buy a new larger home, and then rent out their current home to Julie and Landon when they move back.

However, I have the feeling that they are choosing to be with Kevin and Ruby so that Landon can use some of Kevin's leverage to get him a job or placement at BYU.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Just out of curiosity, why do so many people think they want to move? I mean, I get that their house isn't exactly the ideal set up for their family, but I've never gotten the feeling that they have such a problem with it that they want to move? They seem pretty content there, especially after the renovations.
For me it's because I just don't think there are many things that the would consider big (or hard) decisions. The decision to have another child has already been made, but even if they changed their mind a move would be necessary. This would be another potential hard decision. I also truly believe they are looking at investing their money in a project, and a rental house makes total sense. I could see them looking however, and deciding that it actually makes more sense to rent out their current home, and buy a new and bigger fixer upper for themselves. They like their house though, so this is why I think they would consider this a hard decision. Plus it would likely cause a ward and maybe school change. Thats why I think it has to be house related. Could be business related as well I suppose, but we have little indication at this point that Joel has even been looking at those.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I would totally watch them renovate a larger home. It's relatable to me, it's what my husband and I have done a few times before we got to building what we are now.
They'd have a lot of vlogs taken care of and it would give Joel some purpose.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I would totally watch them renovate a larger home. It's relatable to me, it's what my husband and I have done a few times before we got to building what we are now.
They'd have a lot of vlogs taken care of and it would give Joel some purpose.
I would love to see them buy a place with a little more land and fix it up. I don't think there is anything wrong with the house they have, but at the same time I wouldn't blame them for upgrading. I don't want to see them build a brand new ice palace, but I would love to see them take an older home and modernize it. That would be a really good investment too because they could buy something at a great bargain due to being outdated :D
Lillyy8657
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lillyy8657 »

I think the hard decision Bonnie was talking about was wether she was going to transition to posting vlogs a week later..
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Lillyy8657 wrote:I think the hard decision Bonnie was talking about was wether she was going to transition to posting vlogs a week later..
That's what I thought too haha. As soon as the vlog was out I was like, oh ok so that's the hard decision.
DANGER
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DANGER »

Sorry if this has been discussed but did Bonnie delete Olivia's baptism vlog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DANGER wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed but did Bonnie delete Olivia's baptism vlog?

It seems so. Someone noticed yesterday, but we don't know when it was actually removed and why.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I can totally feel for Bonnie right now... especially when she was freaking out about finding something at 30, which is so young... I'm so glad that it was pre-cancer and they took care of it. I, myself would have just went straight to the biopsy for my own peace of mind though.

PERSONAL: this made me so emotional watching, I literally bawled my eyes out. I'm only 21 and last June I had to have 9cm x 6cm tumour removed from my breast which we THOUGHT was cancer. This is where the importance of early detection comes in - I had that tumour since I was at least 17 and convinced myself I was too young and it was probably just a cyst. It ended up just being a benign tumour, thankfully. It was such an eye opening and terrifying experience at only 20 years old. I can only imagine how it would feel if someone close to me had just had something cancerous removed.

SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I really felt for Bonnie at the doctors office. She was trying to not overreact but her nerves and fears got the best of her. Did they mention that Chad had cancer in he vlog? If so, I missed that! The worry in Joel's face afterwards made me cry.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”