E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by calliepaige »

canmom2 wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I saw Ruby posted about Ellie on her Instagram and all these little kids are like what happened to Ellie... and people are commenting a miscarriage. Could you imagine your little kid coming to you and asking what one was?
Hard convo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe they should watch their kids when they are on the computer to see what they are watching.
I agree!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

canmom2 wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I saw Ruby posted about Ellie on her Instagram and all these little kids are like what happened to Ellie... and people are commenting a miscarriage. Could you imagine your little kid coming to you and asking what one was?
Hard convo!

Maybe they should watch their kids when they are on the computer to see what they are watching.
I agree. But I also think that these vloggers need to know their audience. Ruby certainly caters to a young audience and they need to take some responsibility.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
canmom2 wrote:
Hard convo!

I agree. But I also think that these vloggers need to know their audience. Ruby certainly caters to a young audience and they need to take some responsibility.
I agree.

They can't pander to the kids by playing Where's Waldo around Halloween, but then start showing IUDs, talk about TTC and go into graphic detail about the miscarriage process.

Pick an audience!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

canmom2 wrote:
Hard convo!

And what they're saying on social media. Some girl took a picture of herself kissing on the cheek the boy fans are convinced "belongs" to Annie from Bratayley (they're 12!) And she's getting slut shamed and told she should "just die". This, and the Matt & Em vlog comments, and the "Hannie" furor are just not healthy. This obsession with people they don't even really know, is so weird.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RubyRed
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by RubyRed »

I've never really watched these two before but their most recent miscarriage video popped up in my recommended videos section. I'm shocked at how thin Ellie is... i've struggled with disordered eating for over a decade and she's thinner than me, and I'm pretty small (says one half of my brain anyway). I wonder if that has anything to do with her very infrequent periods? Knowing YTMD, I'm probably beating a dead horse right now, but hopefully she's on the right track to getting healthy, for whatever causes her low weight.

I take that back if she has some kind of other health condition that makes her this thin.
CoffeeLovinMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CoffeeLovinMama »

Cgl33 wrote:Jared was so annoying in this vlog. I feel like Ellie is trying to describe her feelings and then he comes and simplifies them and even sugar coats them. And what's with the dramatic view of him sitting in the bathroom? Think of how odd that is to film. I'm going to place my camera here so I can sit on the floor and look sad. That should be enough time. Maybe I should get in the kids' faces and Ellie's space which she is resting to take some emotional video. Vlogging is so bizarre and inauthentic.
I think he was in the bathroom with her. If you watch, he kinda reaches back. That is where there toilet area is. She may have been in there.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Kryptonite wrote:To respond to the posts regarding the title...

1. No one complained to moderators about the title. Coming here to complain doesn't count... If you want something changed, you need to come directly to us. We don't read every thread.

2. I'm not changing the title. The title isn't about YOU. This is a drama forum... Did you really expect there to be a sweet title? Who says karma is referring to the loss anyway?

3. There are plenty of women here who have suffered losses and aren't offended by the title so that argument is irrelevant.

4. Some of you are acting as if the skeptical people are wishing loss on people. I haven't read one comment where anyone is cheering or happy that this happened. This is a discussion board where people are welcome to discuss their opinions. I'm not censoring them because E+J are suddenly special snowflakes due to their loss. Missy and Bryan's loss has been discussed and speculated about. We talk about Joan. We've talked about Tayler's losses. E+J are no different.

ETA: I liked the previous post by accident. Damn you, clumsy thumbs!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
I'd like to respond to this.

Maybe no one messaged a mod, but surely 51 people that took the time to 'like' my post about it being in poor taste trumps the 10 or so that 'liked' the couple defending the title?

As I said previously, I wasn't offended and I don't recall anyone else being personally offended but the implication is there in the title that E+J's last miscarriage was faked and this is their karma like they somehow deserve to have lost this baby because their actions in the past weren't very nice? That is not cool.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote: I'd like to respond to this.

Maybe no one messaged a mod, but surely 51 people that took the time to 'like' my post about it being in poor taste trumps the 10 or so that 'liked' the couple defending the title?

As I said previously, I wasn't offended and I don't recall anyone else being personally offended but the implication is there in the title that E+J's last miscarriage was faked and this is their karma like they somehow deserve to have lost this baby because their actions in the past weren't very nice? That is not cool.
Which comment had 51? The two I see are 9 and 10. Does it show up different on the site?
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Which comment had 51? The two I see are 9 and 10. Does it show up different on the site?
Kryptonite wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
The one thing I do want to respond to is your claim that 51 people have liked your post? That is a massive exaggeration. I did read the post since you mentioned it and 10 people have liked your post. That many people have also defended the title...

Sorry to butt in here, but I just feel the need to defend actuallydear. The app only shows up to 10 likes and then stops there. If you view a user's profile on the website, you are able to see how many likes a user's post actually got. I stopped counting at about 25, so she definitely has well above 10 likes on her original post.

Not trying to add to the controversy - I just wanted to clarify that, in case each of you are using different ways of viewing the site and it's causing confusion/miscommunication. Image
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

I would say the overreacting and Ellie's reaction to what is going on is a reflection of her culture. It's not just for viewers she doesn't know; it's for people who may be watching in her ward.

I've been super fascinated with Utah Mormon culture mainly because I disagree with so many things. LGBTQIA policies, the fact that women are expected to be stay at home moms & the highest thing they can do is be president of their local relief society charity, that being black is considered a curse from god. It's like Scientology too where they don't associate with ex-mormons, and they have such strange "secretive" rituals in the temple. Plus those god awful temple garmets we can occasionally see the Griffith sibs wear under their clothes. The goal is to be the happiest, Whitest family with no problems in the least. You're raised from birth to be a perfect mormon barbie doll, and if you can't keep it up then you're out of your temple wedding. In the mormon community, women are expected to have at least 5 kids. They actually look down at you if you have anything less; I was reading on one ex mormon forum where they were giving one mom hell until she broke down in a meeting about her struggles with getting pregnant again. One mother had three kids, and someone else was like "well of COURSE you have a job, you only have three children!!"

So, in a culture where the value of a woman is equated to their ability of how well they 1) birth some babies, 2) clean up after everyone, and 3) have a pinterest-perfect house, of course she's devastated. I think they're also trying to drum it up with shots like Jared sitting in the bathroom so that way their ward knows they're trying, it's not their fault, and it's not intentional. I didn't see the phone call so I don't know if she's intentionally insensitive and bitchy, but for the most part it seems like she's really wrapped up in her own life & trying to project that image of perfection to everyone that she decided to do that.

ALSO I'm not trying to knock SAHM & SAHD's or anything! It's a super hard job & is important. I just find it really strange that women expect & are expected to stay at home while the father works, especially in this day in age where it's so expensive.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
The one thing I do want to respond to is your claim that 51 people have liked your post? That is a massive exaggeration. I did read the post since you mentioned it and 10 people have liked your post. That many people have also defended the title...

Sorry to butt in here, but I just feel the need to defend actuallydear. The app only shows up to 10 likes and then stops there. If you view a user's profile on the website, you are able to see how many likes a user's post actually got. I stopped counting at about 25, so she definitely has well above 10 likes on her original post.

Not trying to add to the controversy - I just wanted to clarify that, in case each of you are using different ways of viewing the site and it's causing confusion/miscommunication. Image
Thought the site may have been different. Never knew that because I'm always on TT!
hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

I don't know much about miscarriage, but am I correct in understanding that the embryo was forming but detached or shrunk so it was no longer a viable pregnancy, and now she had the empty sack but no embryo? What is the medication for, for her to pass the sack? That sounds like an awful experience. Has anyone been through this? Does it come out like a normal period or all at once or what?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

hellomydolly wrote:I don't know much about miscarriage, but am I correct in understanding that the embryo was forming but detached or shrunk so it was no longer a viable pregnancy, and now she had the empty sack but no embryo? What is the medication for, for her to pass the sack? That sounds like an awful experience. Has anyone been through this? Does it come out like a normal period or all at once or what?
Sort of? The fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterine wall, but fails to actually grow and develop into an embryo. The uterine sac however continues to grow, though without forming n actual embryo and is called a blighted ovum. It's the number one most common type of miscarriage.

Yes I've used the meds twice, and they cause your cervix to dilate and expel the contents. In my experience, it is fast, painful, and worse than a natural miscarriage, though when I used it I was quite a few weeks farther along than Ellie would have been and would have had more to pass. Ellie likely experienced something comparable to a very heavy, crampy period with a few large clots in the beginning. As awful as it is, her and Jared are being dramatic. I didn't want my husband to sit in the bathroom with me. I wanted him to leave me alone and to just make sure our son was ok and kept happy and quiet so as not to bother or worry about me. You just know the boys were walking in and out of that bathroom and were given too much info about what was going on....

Also, thunjung about it just now, I remembered something. I have long and irregular cycles like Ellie, and the longer the cycle has lasted, the heavier and more clotted the period due to the lining having longer to prepare. I would almost bet that this is what has her thinking she has had more than one miscarriage now. A longer than usual cycle, followed by a very heavy period. Ellie dos at know her body well (or medial science!) and has an insane tendency to insist she is pregnant when she's not. I wonder if her first postpartum period was very heavy, and looking back on it now (an now that it's convenient) has her guessing it was a miscarriage. Sorry for TMI, but I had forgotten the correlation between the long cycles and heavy periods until just now.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

Ellie and Jared believe that they got pregnant with Calvin because of their good deeds and life being in favor with God. I wonder how they view this miscarriage? If good things happen when you are good people what's their explanation for bad things?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tnchk1187 wrote:Ellie and Jared believe that they got pregnant with Calvin because of their good deeds and life being in favor with God. I wonder how they view this miscarriage? If good things happen when you are good people what's their explanation for bad things?

That's what I always wondered _before_ this happened, and what they must have been thinking when they heard Joan's story. I honestly think that their pretzel logic doesn't consider that side of it. Otherwise, how could she explain her struggle to get pregnant before Jackson?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

priestess wrote:I would say the overreacting and Ellie's reaction to what is going on is a reflection of her culture. It's not just for viewers she doesn't know; it's for people who may be watching in her ward.

I've been super fascinated with Utah Mormon culture mainly because I disagree with so many things. LGBTQIA policies, the fact that women are expected to be stay at home moms & the highest thing they can do is be president of their local relief society charity, that being black is considered a curse from god. It's like Scientology too where they don't associate with ex-mormons, and they have such strange "secretive" rituals in the temple. Plus those god awful temple garmets we can occasionally see the Griffith sibs wear under their clothes. The goal is to be the happiest, Whitest family with no problems in the least. You're raised from birth to be a perfect mormon barbie doll, and if you can't keep it up then you're out of your temple wedding. In the mormon community, women are expected to have at least 5 kids. They actually look down at you if you have anything less; I was reading on one ex mormon forum where they were giving one mom hell until she broke down in a meeting about her struggles with getting pregnant again. One mother had three kids, and someone else was like "well of COURSE you have a job, you only have three children!!"

So, in a culture where the value of a woman is equated to their ability of how well they 1) birth some babies, 2) clean up after everyone, and 3) have a pinterest-perfect house, of course she's devastated. I think they're also trying to drum it up with shots like Jared sitting in the bathroom so that way their ward knows they're trying, it's not their fault, and it's not intentional. I didn't see the phone call so I don't know if she's intentionally insensitive and bitchy, but for the most part it seems like she's really wrapped up in her own life & trying to project that image of perfection to everyone that she decided to do that.

ALSO I'm not trying to knock SAHM & SAHD's or anything! It's a super hard job & is important. I just find it really strange that women expect & are expected to stay at home while the father works, especially in this day in age where it's so expensive.
I'm a Utah Ex-Mormon, and it isn't true that Mormons aren't supposed to associate with ex-Mormon. Yes, there are assholes who choose that on their own, but it isn't what the church actually teaches or encourages.

Also, I never heard that they should have at least 5 kids. Big families are common and in a way encouraged, but there isn't any sort of teaching or rule on the number of children you should have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

smellycat801 wrote:
priestess wrote:I would say the overreacting and Ellie's reaction to what is going on is a reflection of her culture. It's not just for viewers she doesn't know; it's for people who may be watching in her ward.

I'm a Utah Ex-Mormon, and it isn't true that Mormons aren't supposed to associate with ex-Mormon. Yes, there are assholes who choose that on their own, but it isn't what the church actually teaches or encourages.

Also, I never heard that they should have at least 5 kids. Big families are common and in a way encouraged, but there isn't any sort of teaching or rule on the number of children you should have.

That's interesting! But yeah, it's not explicitly written however there are those who choose to excommunicate from those who were excommunicated/chose to left. Did you find it was more older people who felt like they had to stop talking to ex-mos and younger people who were more accepting?
It's probably different for each person. Threads mention the 5 is the magic number for having kids unwritten rule due to the whole "multiply and replenish the earth" thing. Could be different for each person.
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

priestess wrote:
smellycat801 wrote:

That's interesting! But yeah, it's not explicitly written however there are those who choose to excommunicate from those who were excommunicated/chose to left. Did you find it was more older people who felt like they had to stop talking to ex-mos and younger people who were more accepting?
It's probably different for each person. Threads mention the 5 is the magic number for having kids unwritten rule due to the whole "multiply and replenish the earth" thing. Could be different for each person.
I think it just depends on the person. My family is still super Mormon (Dad is currently a Bishop) but they've all been really good to me since I left the Church.

I could definitely see Ellie not being so nice to Ex Mormons, but then Jared strikes me as someone who would still treat them well.

I think another factor is the area you live in. I live in an area that isn't super concentrated with Mormons, so people are just used to any of the neighbors not being Mormon and it isn't a big deal. But go to one of the higher concentrated areas, and there are going to be some people who are jerks because ex-Mormons are going to be the "different" ones.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

5 min video today, Jared said they are preparing for a D&C tomorrow

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:5 min video today, Jared said they are preparing for a D&C tomorrow

That's interesting, and tells me that Ellie isn't doing well emotionally (which I totally understand). She said a few days ago the plan was to stop the Progesterone and wait a week or two. Then the next day they have Misoprostal and are supposedly miscarrying, and then a D&C tomorrow. That's a lot more intervention in a short period of time than doctors usually like to do. Most patient women are desperate to get it over with, so I imagine Ellie is probably not doing that great. She may also not want to wait two weeks longer to start trying again. I remember that feeling all too well also.

Most people have to take time off work to deal with things like this, it really doesn't sit well with me that they are profiting off this. Jared had to put a vlog out I suppose, but I think he should just take a few days break.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”