OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWeDontDeserveAMillion. Part #14

Unread post by Highlighter »

snowflakecake wrote:my mind immediately jumped to mental health issues too. A lack of sex drive caused by mental health problems, or even medication for mental health problems, is pretty common. The way Oscar deals with Kyra's issues is pretty decent tbh. Surprising, considering his maturity level when it comes to literally anything else. At least he doesn't seem to berate her for struggling, or try and tell her it's all fake or whatever.
I agree, it is decent. That being said, if Oscar did say anything nasty about her mental health I could see Kyra putting her foot down, telling Oscar to fuck off and throwing him out of the house for a while.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

I'm very glad that Kyra is seeking help for her mental health. I had (and still deal with) the same issues as she is, and the only thing that helped me was therapy. I think she made a very very wise decision to go get therapy. I'm proud of her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sorry for the double post, but why doesn't Oscar just set an alarm to wake up?? His first 2 solutions were to go to bed earlier (obviously this should happen anyway), or to pull an all nighter. Like, doesn't he know how to set an alarm for like 10:30am?

snowflakecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakecake »

Good job Kyra, for talking so openly about your diagnosis. It's super important to do so in order to kill some of the stigma surrounding mental health problems. And she's so young too, I really give her props for being so brave. And she's taking proper steps in order to help herself! Good on you girl.

Levi was ridiculously cute when they cleaned his eye. That child is a charmer!
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

snowflakecake wrote:Good job Kyra, for talking so openly about your diagnosis. It's super important to do so in order to kill some of the stigma surrounding mental health problems. And she's so young too, I really give her props for being so brave. And she's taking proper steps in order to help herself! Good on you girl.

Levi was ridiculously cute when they cleaned his eye. That child is a charmer!
Levi is so smart! I was dying at how he knew to shut the door and ask "up" to go to bed at the very end of the vlog. He's such a cutie!

mamaof2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mamaof2 »

Someone just commented in the latest vlog telling Kyra she showed her address in a recent vlog! I never noticed it and she didn't mention the vlog, but that would freak me out.
Spillthattea
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Spillthattea »

Good on her, ocd, or any mental illness is incredibly hard and I do appreciate her being so open especially with younger viewers. There's still so much stigma surrounding mental illness and it's so important to have an open dialogue.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I'm glad Kyra is getting help and making sure she is mentally healthy. I've actually really been liking kyra lately, she seems to have grown up a lot and she's definitely improved as a mother.

I am glad Oscar is supporting her with going to therapy and everything too. That's very mature of him. I do think it's sad that they are paying someone to come and watch the kids while Kyra goes to therapy instead of Oscar doing it though. You would think considering they're both stay at home parents he could watch the kids for 3 hours in the middle of the day.

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

staceybrax wrote:I'm glad Kyra is getting help and making sure she is mentally healthy. I've actually really been liking kyra lately, she seems to have grown up a lot and she's definitely improved as a mother.

I am glad Oscar is supporting her with going to therapy and everything too. That's very mature of him. I do think it's sad that they are paying someone to come and watch the kids while Kyra goes to therapy instead of Oscar doing it though. You would think considering they're both stay at home parents he could watch the kids for 3 hours in the middle of the day.

He is too busy sleeping half of the day away.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

daisy1000 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I'm glad Kyra is getting help and making sure she is mentally healthy. I've actually really been liking kyra lately, she seems to have grown up a lot and she's definitely improved as a mother.

He is too busy sleeping half of the day away.
I think it's been months since i've last watched one of their vlogs but i was curious about this one and at the end my only question was "who kept the kids while Kyra was away since Oscar was sleeping? I mean it's such a waste of money to hire a babysitter when Oscar was there and i said that when i know that my sisters and i stayed with a nanny when we were little when my mom as at work even when my father was home she liked (andprobably still do) to sleep during the day...(her always sucked at being a dad) anyway for the rest i think it's a good thing that Kyra is trying to overcome her fears (or at least manage them), i never had this kind of fear so i don't really understand but am aware that some persons have them and when i saw the vlog where she was in panic because it was raining badly (i don't remenber exactly what was going on but she showed a part of this vlog) she looked so terrified (i know some people thought she was being dramatic but it looked "too dramatic to be fake" if you see what i mean si it's good she is doing something i think)
flightlessbird
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by flightlessbird »

Maybe that's the real reason Kyla moved in with them... she's a live in nanny/babysitter. Doesn't make sense for Oscar to just sleep all day and do whatever he wants when he could be taking care of his kids.
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

flightlessbird wrote:Maybe that's the real reason Kyla moved in with them... she's a live in nanny/babysitter. Doesn't make sense for Oscar to just sleep all day and do whatever he wants when he could be taking care of his kids.
No, they have another babysitter

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Arbella36
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Arbella36 »

What kind of responsible parent stays away the whole night for no particular reason and then sleeps the whole day. I would never let my partner sleep until 3pm while I get up feed breakfast to our children then go to COUNSELLING. Oscar should be like right know what would make Kyra feel better, coming home to us playing as a family in a nice tidy home with dinner on the go. Pathetic parenting on Oscars behalf, poor Kyra.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Dusty_Sidebar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Dusty_Sidebar »

Kyra is really growing on me lately. Just watched the OCD vlog and have a few thoughts:
1) I'm confused why when they explained why they stopped because its too expensive oscar was totalling up for the year --- i thought it was just a 4-6 weeks of going a ton/course?
2) Oscar is such a dick for sleeping all day - like if Kyra is that affected (like in the hailstorm vlog) how do they know she will be okay to drive after exposure therapy. If that was my SO and i didn't have work and i would damn well be driving them to appointments --- if they have a sitter can he not edit in a coffee shop while she had the appointment?
3) Is anyone else wondering if he is sleeping all the time because of his new diet/exercise? I'm betting he isn't getting sufficient calories and thats why he is sleeping a ton, couple that with feeling tired from shocking his body with such high levels of exercise (like he didn't seem to build up at all, just went straight into crazy trialathon training..)
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

im not surprised levi has a blocked tear duct...they never seem to clean their kids properly.
Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

I'm so glad Kyra is finally getting the help she deserves! Good for her!

( I've been gone for nearly a year and a half feels good to be back)
pizzygirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pizzygirl »

I'm really glad that Kyra has a diagnosis and has some help in place. I was a little disappointed towards the end when they talked about reducing therapy. Mental health is extremely important and she should do the course recommended to her because if her mh gets worse its more than money Oscar will have to worry about. Massive props for getting herself sorted.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ilovecats wrote:
flightlessbird wrote:Maybe that's the real reason Kyla moved in with them... she's a live in nanny/babysitter. Doesn't make sense for Oscar to just sleep all day and do whatever he wants when he could be taking care of his kids.

Does anyone know if Katelyn (I think that's her name) is still babysitting for them, or have they actually hired like a "professional" sitter that isn't a friend?

cklein31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cklein31 »

workinprogress wrote:
Ilovecats wrote:

Does anyone know if Katelyn (I think that's her name) is still babysitting for them, or have they actually hired like a "professional" sitter that isn't a friend?

I follow Katelyn on IG and she hasn't posted with the kids lately on her story and she used to literally every time she was w them so I feel like it's a no
prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by prbeca »

Did anyone else notice the GIANT rip in the headrest on the drivers seat of the cx9

Return to “OKBaby”