• Advertisement

E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Postby littlebaby » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:56 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Jared just tweeted and they aren't skipping a vlog. Instead it's a longer one.

It makes me really uneasy that a lot of kids are going to watch this. That's not even something you want them Googling. I know parents should know what their children are watching, but if they've previously decided E&J are harmless, I'm sure they wouldn't see this coming.

They're going to tell us the details of the d&c? Please tell me there will be a warning or something at the beginning. I am also very worried about kids watching this.

I don't know if they are telling the details, but I can't imagine they have anything else they filmed yesterday to make up a longer vlog.

Also, for those that may not know, the D&C procedure is used for abortions so if kids start Googling who knows what they could stumble upon!

So is misoprostol, but they didn't mention that by name so it's totally different from talking/vlogging about a D&C. I'm off to watch the vlog now so we'll see how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
littlebaby
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:57 am

kathpt wrote:This vlog broke my heart. I cried like a baby when she was crying because they made her go through it by herself. So horrible.

You can't have people in the OR with you no matter how special you feel you are. It is a sterile environment, and there are more cases waiting to be done as soon as Ellie's is over. Plus the doctor, nurses and anaesthetists need to be able to concentrate on what they are doing. A D&C may not be an "open" procedure, but any time anaesthesia is used it is serious. Plus she was crying because she was still coming out of the drugs. Jared shouldn't have been filming her on that state if she was agitated.

I felt the same way when Beau was filmed after his knee surgery.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Stuuu3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 am

whys0seri0us wrote:Everyone keeps talking about the video where she does/doesn't get diagnosed with PCOS. Can someone link it? I started watching after Jackson was born so I have no clue about the vlogs before.

https://youtu.be/r-umuDoc3iM
Stuuu3
Amateur

Postby _SoFun_ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:03 am

I'm a long time reader, but first time poster on this site. I want to begin by saying that I ache for them. I feel like their (Ellie's) emotions right now are raw and real, and I hope that they can soon find peace and comfort. I am not, NOT NOT NOT, here to belittle someone's grief or to minimize the pain they are feeling.

However, did anyone else have to just eye-roll a little bit at the Dr. Pepper placement in the waiting room? And the cheesy "look at the can" moment Jared had. There is a time and a place for those types of moments.....this was neither the time nor the place.
_SoFun_

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:07 am

_SoFun_ wrote:I'm a long time reader, but first time poster on this site. I want to begin by saying that I ache for them. I feel like their (Ellie's) emotions right now are raw and real, and I hope that they can soon find peace and comfort. I am not, NOT NOT NOT, here to belittle someone's grief or to minimize the pain they are feeling.

However, did anyone else have to just eye-roll a little bit at the Dr. Pepper placement in the waiting room? And the cheesy "look at the can" moment Jared had. There is a time and a place for those types of moments.....this was neither the time nor the place.

Lol. I need to pay better attention because I thought it was a Coke (which, why would he?) but YES!

It was so staged. Ellie would have been gone 15-30 minutes at the very most. He must have brought the can with him and wouldn't have had time to drink the whole thing as depicted.

This vlog has made me see Jared in a different light much like the pkaydate one did. The kind and empathetic Jared that we once saw has clearly been replaced by a cold and calculated business Jared. I actually felt sorry for Ellie in this vlog!
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby menehune » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:18 am

Ok, just finished now, and the blog has made me see Jared in a completely different light. He is so scripted! Even the way he looks at Ellie seems so fake to me. I almost can't watch him now because it makes me feel really uncomfortable.

I have unfortunately had 3 D&C's before, and Ellie talking about the pain pills was such an exaggeration. Its just Ibuprofen and not narcotics Ellie :? Yes she's crampy, but she is just another one of too many women who have had to undergo this procedure for various reasons. (Plus most women who are diagnosed with infertility undergo a D&C/Hysteroscopy for investigation so I'm surprised she hasn't undergone something already).

I may be a bitch for saying it, but I think she's enjoying the attention and they feel its a blessing in a way.

And yes Jared "fresh start" is offensive.
menehune
Informer

Postby littlebaby » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 am

Jared in the waiting room was the cringiest thing I've seen in a while. I don't doubt that he was thinking about Ellie in the operating room and was sad about the whole ordeal in general, but his actions absolutely did not match that. If he felt like he *had* to vlog himself in the waiting room, he should have just done a short 5-10 second clip or even a quick time lapse of him acting *naturally*, not standing up to pace every three minutes because it looks good for vlog cuts. I really felt for Ellie in this vlog, and I think this is as real as she's gonna get, but I'm pretty done with Jared at this point.

I think the "fresh start" comment Jared made could be taken the wrong way to some people, but I understand what he means in the sense that the worst of it is over and they can take a breath again. Like Ellie said it's gonna be a ride of emotions, but I think right now they're just glad it's over with. The grief afterwards is a different story, though. I can relate to the "fresh start" relief.

littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby Lurker4Life » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:42 am

Just saw a comment about how a woman watched the vlog with her 4.5 year old kid and they both cried... wtf! That means in some way the kid at least understood it was an unhappy situation, but if they watched this vlog I assume they watch all of them. Its bad enough preteens and early teens finding out about this stuff through randoms on the internet, but letting your 4 yr old watch it I would think would be worse, even if in real life the child had already been exposed to loss and miscarriages, theres no need to get them worked up over some internet strangers.
Lurker4Life
Informer

Postby sostinkincute » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:44 am

Can't drink coffee, but wants more pain pills.. ? Mormonism is so confusing..
sostinkincute
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:48 am

I truly love when Joel is in the vlogs. He's always sort of in the background like he's watching everything along with us. His uncomfortable reaction when Ellie told the story about the pad was worth my watching the whole vlog. Joel is a lot like who I used to think Jared was. Were we that wrong, or has he just changed that much? I get YT changes people, but I don't see as marked of a change in Bryan, Cullen or any one else (except maybe Ellie).
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby whys0seri0us » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:50 am

foreversoulmates wrote:Let's throw a tantrum and toss a 800 dollar camera at the wall!!! Seriously! I've had misscarriages. Grow up Ellie!

This is insensitive. Everyone reacts differently.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:52 am

Anyone else think the fresh start feeling Jared had can also be relating to their channel? He's certainly milking his enough to try and bring back the IF/pregnancy loss community.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby whys0seri0us » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 am

I think Ellie crying after was the first time we've ever seen any real emotion from her. Ever.

whys0seri0us
Gossiper

Postby Amelia322 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 am

Ugh seriously why do they have to show everything as it happens? Keep that shit private. Of all things they choose to keep private, they don't. Sickening. They see people profiting off her misery.

People have D&C's all day long it's not something that makes Ellie so special you need to write Ellie is beautiful like wtf. Yes it's awful, but why make it out so extreme and over the top? Just get through it and grieve after. As long as you need. But damn is this a commercial for pregnancy loss? That's what it seems like.

Ellie looked like a sickly dying person when she was coming out of anesthesia. And he films her? So sad. Disgusting.

So you keep your sons neck issues private but will show your wife grieving and miscarrying on film? Weird.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

whys0seri0us wrote:I think Ellie crying after was the first time we've ever seen any real emotion from her. Ever.

The interesting thing was that she was crying because of the medication more than anything. She wanted Penny and was upset that someone couldn't go in with her.

When I read the title I thought maybe it related to her feeling alone now that she is t pregnant.... a common feeling! I should have known it was something else.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby kaymaroff » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:58 am

I'm actually pleased they showed some footage from the hospital - it's real and it's painful and that's what women go through. It can make people feel less alone to be transparent.

kaymaroff
Amateur

Postby greygoose » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am

I totally agree with ya'll on your observations regarding Jared, especially during the waiting room montage! I really try to remind myself that, of course, he is grieving too (I guess) and we cannot dictate how he is suppose to act. It's a very thin line for them to be sharing (and helping people who have experienced similiar situations) and them cashing in on tragedy. I am probably so reluctant because of past experiences with them being soooooo shitty about honesty, transparency etc.

Also, can we talk about how Ellie keeps saying this is the worst she has been through and how this one is "so much worse than the last one" (one, not oneS)? In the Instagram post where she talked about this being her third miscarriage, it wasn't even a typo or a slip. She elaborated on how the only vlogged about two. Her need to up the drama (and her current situation is really heart-breaking on its own) makes my skin crawl!

I hope this won't double-post. I am new at actually posting something ;)
greygoose
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 am

kaymaroff wrote:I'm actually pleased they showed some footage from the hospital - it's real and it's painful and that's what women go through. It can make people feel less alone to be transparent.

Showing footage is transparent, but setting up scenes and making it seem more drawn out and elaborate is not. If people that are having to go through it are looking for info, I hope they don't find Ellie's vlog. It's a misrepresentation from a clinical perspective. E&J would have been gone only a few hours.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:02 am

gymchick43 wrote:Ellie before Invisalign at the bottom and after on the top. Idk why she needed to fix her teeth, really did make her look a bit different in an odd way, hate to say this but the top teeth look like the push out of her face more, and more prominent [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170916/d7caa8027ed953239cf81edc2de37fdf.jpg[/img]

I guess she wanted a smile like Jared's.

Ducklings4
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:05 am

greygoose wrote:I totally agree with ya'll on your observations regarding Jared, especially during the waiting room montage! I really try to remind myself that, of course, he is grieving too (I guess) and we cannot dictate how he is suppose to act. It's a very thin line for them to be sharing (and helping people who have experienced similiar situations) and them cashing in on tragedy. I am probably so reluctant because of past experiences with them being soooooo shitty about honesty, transparency etc.

Also, can we talk about how Ellie keeps saying this is the worst she has been through and how this one is "so much worse than the last one" (one, not oneS)? In the Instagram post where she talked about this being her third miscarriage, it wasn't even a typo or a slip. She elaborated on how the only vlogged about two. Her need to up the drama (and her current situation is really heart-breaking on its own) makes my skin crawl!

Oh most of us totally agree she's added on a miscarriage after the fact. I completely agree with everything you said.

And welcome
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby greygoose » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:09 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
greygoose wrote:I totally agree with ya'll on your observations regarding Jared, especially during the waiting room montage! I really try to remind myself that, of course, he is grieving too (I guess) and we cannot dictate how he is suppose to act. It's a very thin line for them to be sharing (and helping people who have experienced similiar situations) and them cashing in on tragedy. I am probably so reluctant because of past experiences with them being soooooo shitty about honesty, transparency etc.

Oh most of us totally agree she's added on a miscarriage after the fact. I completely agree with everything you said.

And welcome

Thanks, HelloSweetie! I have totally been lurking a while so I just wanted to add my agreement on the added third one. If only Ellie was a better liar. So inconsistent...
It breaks my heart that I mostly only feel this distrust. They really are in a terrible situation right now.
greygoose
Amateur

Postby tnchk1187 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:19 am

Will these vlogs be advertiser friendly? Will they be able to monetize them ?

tnchk1187
Talker

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:20 am

tnchk1187 wrote:Will these vlogs be advertiser friendly? Will they be able to monetize them ?

They can definitely arrange their own sponsorships and product placements. They are making more money, not less.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby pplove85 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:35 am

whys0seri0us wrote:
foreversoulmates wrote:Let's throw a tantrum and toss a 800 dollar camera at the wall!!! Seriously! I've had misscarriages. Grow up Ellie!

This is insensitive. Everyone reacts differently.

agreed
pplove85
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:36 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
whys0seri0us wrote:I think Ellie crying after was the first time we've ever seen any real emotion from her. Ever.

The interesting thing was that she was crying because of the medication more than anything. She wanted Penny and was upset that someone couldn't go in with her.

When I read the title I thought maybe it related to her feeling alone now that she is t pregnant.... a common feeling! I should have known it was something else.
Really. Did she think it was like having a baby and someone could go in with her? No. Like you said, it's a sterile environment. Her ignorance has once again showing. She's got family members who have had surgery. Was she so self involved that she never noticed that nobody has someone in the OR with them? And now a bunch of 9 year olds will think her doctors were just mean for making her be alone.
And after all my years nursing, I agree with HS that Ellie wasn't so much "real and raw" as coming out of anesthesia. Her brother and sister have both had reactions like that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared